IGNORED

Lisa Metzger: Homeschooling on Bed Rest with Your 14th Child

JermajestyDuggar

So I’m finally doing it. I’m finally giving Lisa Metzger her own thread. We’ve talked about her on The Activist Mommy (TAM) threads. I’ve never wanted to give her her own threads because she’s just as narcissistic as TAM. But I just feel like I have to after her post about homeschooling on bedrest. I will give some background.

Lisa Metzger was homeschooled growing up with only one brother. She is currently pregnant with #14. This pregnancy started out as a twin pregnancy but she lost one twin earlier in the pregnancy. She is high risk due to many past pregnancy problems. Including almost dying from blood loss a few years ago. I am sorry if the count is wrong but last I checked, she claimed to have had 20 miscarriages. Out of her current 13 children, 3 are adopted. The oldest was adopted from Kazakhstan when she was 10. Her name is Annalise. I fully believe she was adopted so she could help Lisa take care of Lisa’s bio children. If that was not the original purpose of her adoption, it doesn’t matter anyway. Because she became a full sister mom right after she became the oldest in the Metzger family. She is now married to a man she met at the abortion protests Lisa drags her kids to constantly. Lisa brags about taking the kids to protests on their birthdays. The children have all grown up attending these protests. Annalise is pregnant with her second child. She was pregnant at the same time as her mother during her first pregnancy too. 

Lisa also sells plexus. Shocking right? She goes on plexus trips and conferences fairly often. She is your typical plexus seller. Makes claims that she can’t back up with any sort of scientific proof. The usual.  

So now that I’ve caught you all up on Lisa, I’ll get to her post that made me want to start this thread. She posted about how she can be on bedrest and still homeschool and keep her house running. Hint: her children do all the work and make all the sacrifices. Enjoy!

1AB1C469-164D-4D79-ABD9-8FE452CED040.jpeg

Spoiler

617452FF-104D-4FCC-948E-334506472474.jpeg

7445D52A-7378-4D98-83F5-A0FBDB525F94.jpeg

Edited by Coconut Flan
Added info to thread title
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 11
  • Thank You 5

“The children can completely run the house” and “my oldest kiddos are the cooks in my home” says it all really. And here I was feeling guilty that we put “clean windows” and “clear cobwebs from one side of the house” on a once-off school holiday chore chart for the kids that would earn them a sweet treat and some extra x-box time.

How old are her oldest kids, now that Annelise has moved out?

• Upvote 26
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Smee said:

“The children can completely run the house” and “my oldest kiddos are the cooks in my home” says it all really. And here I was feeling guilty that we put “clean windows” and “clear cobwebs from one side of the house” on a once-off school holiday chore chart for the kids that would earn them a sweet treat and some extra x-box time.

How old are her oldest kids, now that Annelise has moved out?

Her two oldest bio children are adults. I believe Ethan is 18 and has a job as a realtor and Kaitlyn is around 20. Of course she has no career since she’s female. Her other two adopted children (besides Annalise) are teens. I’m sure they do a lot of the housework. They are the only black children in the family and I think they are bio brothers.

Her blog is metzgernation.com

Here is a family picture (Minus Annalise) to help you figure out ages. They currently have 7 boys and 6 girls. I don’t remember the sex of her current baby.

E3EB9C05-2750-4715-9FC0-C8FC72F36C6D.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

To sum it up, living life day to day is enough of an education. Everything else is just gravy. Got it. Have pathetic expectations and you too can homeschool while on bedrest! 

Edited by Giraffe
Forgot a word
  • Upvote 19

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

To sum it up, living life day to day enough of an education. Everything else is just gravy. Got it. Have pathetic expectations and you too can homeschool while on bedrest! 

I loved the part where she said she has no mommy guilt. Of course she doesn’t. If she did, she would have stopped with the life threatening pregnancies years ago. It’s called a condom, Lisa. Buy them and use them and then you won’t have to go on bedrest every other year.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

My favorite Lisa Metzger story. A few years back, she took a family vacation to an amusement park. While they were waiting in line for a ride, she snapped a picture of a guy in front of them and posted it on FB because she wanted to shame him for wearing a skirt. Her Facebook friends told her it was a kilt and there’s nothing wrong with kilts. She got super pissy and could not handle anyone disagreeing with her. She’s a fundie princess to the millionth degree. It was funny to watch though. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 15

She also posted this on Instagram. Yes, that’s Lisa and Annalise pregnant at the same time two years in a row. 

A42B0B6E-D292-47E3-B724-36E79CD482A3.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 5
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 8

I don’t know anything about this particular lady, but I have fallen down the rabbit hole of the young, prolific reproducers who for whatever reason seem to experience more pregnancy and birth problems, as well as childhood tragedies; so much so that it’s almost frightening. Now the childhood issues I can see as one mother/dad can only safely care for so many very little kids without accidents happening. I actually witnessed this in my own family. 1 of my sibs had 3 boys in 3 years, and they were a walking ER and in-patient pediatric ward all too themselves. They literally could not turn their backs without one of the kids climbing on the counter or pulling the baby seat over (with baby in place).  Also, every damn one of these mothers (they are the main bloggers), evoke the name of Jesus on a pretty regular basis. Did all these people take their cues from Michelle Duggar and expect  to make bank and receive tons of attention along the way? And who is watching all these kids when mom is on bed rest? Come on, now. We had 2 kids, 3.5 years apart. My husband had a corporate job, involving some travel and I worked PT 3-4 days a week. We had zero family nearby for backup, for the first 13 years of child rearing, and we sweated it. HOW do these people safely and appropriately care And provide  for these kids?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t know anything about this particular lady, but I have fallen down the rabbit hole of the young, prolific reproducers who for whatever reason seem to experience more pregnancy and birth problems, as well as childhood tragedies; so much so that it’s almost frightening. Now the childhood issues I can see as one mother/dad can only safely care for so many very little kids without accidents happening. I actually witnessed this in my own family. 1 of my sibs had 3 boys in 3 years, and they were a walking ER and in-patient pediatric ward all too themselves. They literally could not turn their backs without one of the kids climbing on the counter or pulling the baby seat over (with baby in place).  Also, every damn one of these mothers (they are the main bloggers), evoke the name of Jesus on a pretty regular basis. Did all these people take their cues from Michelle Duggar and expect  to make bank and receive tons of attention along the way? And who is watching all these kids when mom is on bed rest? Come on, now. We had 2 kids, 3.5 years apart. My husband had a corporate job, involving some travel and I worked PT 3-4 days a week. We had zero family nearby for backup, for the first 13 years of child rearing, and we sweated it. HOW do these people safely and appropriately care And provide  for these kids?

They don’t. These kids are neglected. Sure they have enough food, clothing, and a warm bed. But they don’t get much attention from their parents. They are raised by their siblings. And I imagine a lot of broken bones. 

I forgot to add, Lisa really hates the LGBTQ+ community. Just like her buddy TAM.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They don’t. These kids are neglected. Sure they have enough food, clothing, and a warm bed. But they don’t get much attention from their parents. They are raised by their siblings. And I imagine a lot of broken bones. 

I forgot to add, Lisa really hates the LGBTQ+ community. Just like her buddy TAM.

See and this is why I am like a rabid dog on a bone about the Duggar parents and their antics. The crap these people do and how they neglect their most precious “blessings” and then they have the audacity to publicly  Proclaim that the rest of us are doing it wrong. They prey on people, use and abuse, especially their own kids, and then try to act all high and mighty. EFF them. I think this is what Derick has been trying to say for the last 2 years. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

How to homeschool while on bedrest.

1. Have the kids do it alone.

2. Ask someone else to do it for you.

3. School? What is it and who the hell cares?

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Intothewind said:

It looks like he knocked up his wife AND his daughter in the photos. Gross. 

I felt the same way. I don’t have a problem with the movie, but somehow their pictures come across as creepy. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What a charming surprise. NOT.

Are they affiliated with any organization? ATI? Former VF leghumpers? Are they connected with any of the families we talk about. There is a TAM connection and TAM is acquainted with the Mortons, isn't she?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I felt the same way. I don’t have a problem with the movie, but somehow their pictures come across as creepy. 

That's because the movie was a comedy- an portrayal of a life event event so out of the norm that audiences laughed at the absurdity. It wasn't meant to role model for anyone. 

The fundie dad, though, thinks this is nornal and something to brag about. That's why its creepy.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

What a charming surprise. NOT.

Are they affiliated with any organization? ATI? Former VF leghumpers? Are they connected with any of the families we talk about. There is a TAM connection and TAM is acquainted with the Mortons, isn't she?

They are just associated with the abortion protesters like Rusty Thomas. I’m unsure if they were ever loosely associated with VF. I know TAM was. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, OGEmoji said:

The fundie dad, though, thinks this is nornal and something to brag about. That's why its creepy

Analise's husband should have been in the picture. I know they were trying to copy the movie picture, but they didn't succeed. Their picture is very uncomfortable, looks like a men with 2 wifes!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

If she did actually lose her life to one of these life threatening pregnancies, her family could still function without her. That’s basically what she’s saying in her post. Which is incredibly sad. Andrea Mills just passed away suddenly and her family is in chaos. Andrea did so much for her family everyday. I hope Lisa never dies from her high risk pregnancy. But it’s sad that she’s proud of how little her very large family needs her in order to function. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I have followed Lisa since her days on Above Rubies. I loathe her as much as I loathe Lori Alexander. There is nothing about Lisa that I like. We have mutual friends on FB but she will have nothing to do with me. She emailed me once and it was scathing. I would have to look for it, as it was years and years ago. She has a clotting disorder, antiphospholipid syndrome if I remember correctly. Years ago she posted her chores for her children. She has children so she doesn't have to do anything. And yes, you can tell that Analise was basically adopted to be her maid. That is the vibe I got from her blog posts and Above Rubies messages. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 9
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, Mellowing With Age said:

I have followed Lisa since her days on Above Rubies. I loathe her as much as I loathe Lori Alexander. There is nothing about Lisa that I like. We have mutual friends on FB but she will have nothing to do with me. She emailed me once and it was scathing. I would have to look for it, as it was years and years ago. She has a clotting disorder, antiphospholipid syndrome if I remember correctly. Years ago she posted her chores for her children. She has children so she doesn't have to do anything. And yes, you can tell that Analise was basically adopted to be her maid. That is the vibe I got from her blog posts and Above Rubies messages. 

There are so many extremely narcissistic fundie quiverful matriarchs that I’m starting to lose track of them all. Of course there’s Lisa and TAM, but also Jill Rod and Braggie. What’s interesting about all 4 of the women that come to mind is that none of them actually grew up in a large quiverful family. Yet they had to have large quiverful families of their own. And that’s where they get most of their attention. Maybe if any of them had grown up as the oldest daughter in a huge quiverful family, then they wouldn’t have been so happy to pop out a kid every other year. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My favorite Lisa Metzger story. A few years back, she took a family vacation to an amusement park. While they were waiting in line for a ride, she snapped a picture of a guy in front of them and posted it on FB because she wanted to shame him for wearing a skirt. Her Facebook friends told her it was a kilt and there’s nothing wrong with kilts.

Why do people continue to think kilts are skirts? It's pretty funny but also kinda lame since kilts are made of super heavy duty wool and are made with pleats in the back. A lot of guys also wear a sporran with it (a kind of fanny pack made of leather/fur).

My friend from back home wears a kilt everywhere, even to work/grocery shopping/the pub and no one thinks this is weird. Granted I live in Scotland but usually people would only wear them to weddings or formal occasions.

As for Lisa, she sounds like a delight. Why would you put yourself in "life threatening situations" every other year? Does she have no instinct for self-preservation?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

As for Lisa, she sounds like a delight. Why would you put yourself in "life threatening situations" every other year? Does she have no instinct for self-preservation?

My guess? The attention. She’s always come across as a major attention seeker. She gets even more attention because her pregnancies are dangerous. She gets to be a living martyr.

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

Why do people continue to think kilts are skirts? It's pretty funny but also kinda lame since kilts are made of super heavy duty wool and are made with pleats in the back. A lot of guys also wear a sporran with it (a kind of fanny pack made of leather/fur).

Maybe it was a Utilikilt? They're not the standard wool tartan, but they are pretty manly. Especially with a pair of Doc Martens...

In any case, who cares what other people wear? How does that affect her life?

Also, I think maybe most of these quiver full people should read back through the Bible and consider some historical context. I don't remember there being THAT many mega-families in the Bible. And in times where large families were very common, generally the kids started working at young ages (boys AND girls), they were apprenticed out if possible while fairly young, and there was a pretty high mortality rate. 

God gave people brains for a reason. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

Maybe it was a Utilikilt? They're not the standard wool tartan, but they are pretty manly. Especially with a pair of Doc Martens...

Also, I think maybe most of these quiver full people should read back through the Bible and consider some historical context. I don't remember there being THAT many mega-families in the Bible. And in times where large families were very common, generally the kids started working at young ages (boys AND girls), they were apprenticed out if possible while fairly young, and there was a pretty high mortality rate. 

God gave people brains for a reason. 

I think it was a utilikilt! Because you need plenty of pockets when at an amusement park. No one wants to carry a bag or a purse around an amusement park all day long. But Lisa is so ignorant that she didn’t know what a utilikilt is. And instead of asking the man in line (my family always chats with folks in long lines at amusement parks), she takes a picture and posts it online so she can make fun of him. That’s how petty she is.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I've seen those. I think that in Scotland they are viewed as a less cool version of the original. I've seen a traditional style kilt with a hidden inside pocket, think it's to keep whisky in but the guy I know who has it keeps a bottle of Buckfast. It has to be the most Weegie thing I've ever seen XD

• Haha 4