IGNORED

Lisa Metzger: Homeschooling on Bed Rest with Your 14th Child

JermajestyDuggar

6 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Yeah, I second bullshit on that one. “Very well” is just her way of telling people to back the F* up and don’t judge. It could mean the ones who help get paid $20/week and all the other kids get $5. “See? They get paid FOUR TIMES what the other kids do!” No way are they getting a legitimate hourly wage. 

If she paid so well, why did Ethan get a job as a realtor at 18? Why bother working your butt off as a realtor as a teen if you can just cook for mommy since she pays so well. *insert huge eyeroll*

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa is more ignorant than most fundies. Which is quite amazing.

0488E589-6FC7-488B-84B1-20F8E984351C.jpeg

What the... 2 weeks is barely the incubation period for some people! 

No citation. Wonder if this is cherry-picked in reference to something else?

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

What the... 2 weeks is barely the incubation period for some people! 

No citation. Wonder if this is cherry-picked in reference to something else?

The guy quoted is wrong. He’s a doctor. But he’s wrong. And almost no other doctors agree with him. Thankfully. Well I’m sure TAM’s ex husband agrees. But he’s a quack.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The guy quoted is wrong. He’s a doctor. But he’s wrong. And almost no other doctors agree with him. Thankfully. Well I’m sure TAM’s ex husband agrees. But he’s a quack.

This herd immunity bullshit is spreading like wildfire CV 19 among the anti-science/anti vaxx crowd.  So here's the deal: you can vaccinate to develop antibodies  OR you can  risk your children becoming ill with the actual illness and its horrible risks, and then the kids have antibodies. 

Also, extremely ironic suddenly promoting herd immunity since vaccinated children are what anti-vaxxers depend on  to keep their unvaccinated sprogs safe from childhood illnesses.  

As an aside, as some point in the future, the US is going to have a significant population of unvaccinated adults with zero immunity to a host of communicable childhood diseases. What could possibly go wrong? 

I'll be very curious if these adult people line up for CV 19 vaccinations when they are available.  By that point, it'll be likely they know or know of someone what has died from CV 19. I'm guessing not, which leaves more vaccine for rest of us. 

And one more thing: coronaviruses are well known and researched; however, I'm still incredibly worried about pregnant women and the possible effects on fetal development.  This virus has not been around long enough to know.  However, a small study in Feb showed no evidence that the virus was passed along to the newborn although it did lead to pre-term birth. 

Can Coronavirus Pass From Pregnant Women to Infants?    FEB 26, 2020 | GRANT M. GALLAGHER

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

This herd immunity bullshit is spreading like wildfire CV 19 among the anti-science/anti vaxx crowd.  So here's the deal: you can vaccinate to develop antibodies  OR you can  risk your children becoming ill with the actual illness and its horrible risks, and then the kids have antibodies. 

Also, extremely ironic suddenly promoting herd immunity since vaccinated children are what anti-vaxxers depend on  to keep their unvaccinated sprogs safe from childhood illnesses.  

As an aside, as some point in the future, the US is going to have a significant population of unvaccinated adults with zero immunity to a host of communicable childhood diseases. What could possibly go wrong? 

I'll be very curious if these adult people line up for CV 19 vaccinations when they are available.  By that point, it'll be likely they know or know of someone what has died from CV 19. I'm guessing not, which leaves more vaccine for rest of us. 

And one more thing: coronaviruses are well known and researched; however, I'm still incredibly worried about pregnant women and the possible effects on fetal development.  This virus has not been around long enough to know.  However, a small study in Feb showed no evidence that the virus was passed along to the newborn although it did lead to pre-term birth. 

Can Coronavirus Pass From Pregnant Women to Infants?    FEB 26, 2020 | GRANT M. GALLAGHER

I’ve read a lot of crap from anti-vaxxers in my life. And what is funny is that so many would poo poo herd immunity. And now that’s what they want to talk about!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, one of the Thomas brothers is preparing to shoot "the government" because he thinks they'll come to his door to give him the vaccine for COVID-19. That's a pretty good indicator of whether people in the OSA circles are going to get it. The current fundie tinfoil hat theory is that it's going to be either deadly or microchipped and is part of Bill Gates's population control plan.

• WTF 5

On 4/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa is more ignorant than most fundies. Which is quite amazing.

0488E589-6FC7-488B-84B1-20F8E984351C.jpeg

So we should have gathered up all the elderly and at-risk individuals and keep them completely separate from the general population? Like a 2020 version of internment camps?

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, JMarie said:

So we should have gathered up all the elderly and at-risk individuals and keep them completely separate from the general population? Like a 2020 version of internment camps?

That is the theory, yes, although it's more "they should stay at home so we don't have to!". Of course it doesn't quite say how you are going to do that - quite a proportion of the at risk population rely on help in some form or another, not to mention work and have families - nor does it take into account that even within the theoretically not at risk population a reasonable proportion will still become unwell enough to require hospitalization, and that is still enough to overwhelm the system. I am dead certain that Boris Johnson wasn't expecting to be hospitalised when he was encouraging the UK to go on that path - he saw himself as young (55) and healthy enough to not be at risk. These idiots are the same - it'll affect other people, not them and their loved ones.

It also effectively says that healthcare workers, and workers who face the public are expendable - not to mention all the at risk population. Unless they are going to provide housing, and food and income for the at risk population, and PPE for the public facing workers, and adequate lifelong compensation for people who are injured as a result of contracting the disease then they can get knotted. 

• Upvote 8

On 4/18/2020 at 2:33 PM, albireo said:

The current fundie tinfoil hat theory is that it's going to be either deadly or microchipped and is part of Bill Gates's population control plan.

On microchipping , even if some sort of dystopian dictatorship were to make it mandatory for everyone to receive a  microchip , it would be useless , if it weren't registered online .  I know this from when my dog was microchipped , along with vaccinated .  You have to register a record for the animal with a service such as PetFinder .  https://www.petfinder.com/dogs/lost-and-found-dogs/microchip-faqs/  I am aware that certain people are concerned about the potential implications of RFID chips being used in humans , especially if used along the lines of something like the Fatherland card , for purposes of social control .  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-11-16/venezuelas-new-id-fatherland-card-created-chinas-zte-helps-create-social-control  ,  https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/venezuela-zte/ }. And of course , in addition Christian fundamentalists would be predisposed to fear that it could be a precursor to the mark of the Beast .  This had been a theme presented in Cloud 10 Pictures films , such as namely the Apocalypse Series  . 

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, it's been too long!

Lisa is one if my favorite fundies because she's a lethal mix of Dunning Kruger and vanity. 

I remember she was called out on her vanity once and her daughter jumped in to claim that her mother gave up her modeling career because of her modesty. As a child of the 80s and 90s I  laughed. Every girl with $100 that was over 5'2 in the South was a "model." That was when there were tons of smaller retail stores and they handled their own advertising. You might do a mall fashion show and appear in a print ad. I only knew one girl who parlayed that into a modeling career and she was gorgeous and moved to NYC at 17. Lisa convincing her kids that she would have been a big time model but her modesty kept her from it is a joke.

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, geeklove said:

Ah, it's been too long!

Lisa is one if my favorite fundies because she's a lethal mix of Dunning Kruger and vanity. 

I remember she was called out on her vanity once and her daughter jumped in to claim that her mother gave up her modeling career because of her modesty. As a child of the 80s and 90s I  laughed. Every girl with $100 that was over 5'2 in the South was a "model." That was when there were tons of smaller retail stores and they handled their own advertising. You might do a mall fashion show and appear in a print ad. I only knew one girl who parlayed that into a modeling career and she was gorgeous and moved to NYC at 17. Lisa convincing her kids that she would have been a big time model but her modesty kept her from it is a joke.

She is vain as hell. Her selfies are so filtered. She’s going to have a hard time when she can’t have babies anymore and she becomes more wrinkled and sagging.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She is vain as hell. Her selfies are so filtered. She’s going to have a hard time when she can’t have babies anymore and she becomes more wrinkled and sagging.

She needs to lay off on those filters or if she goes missing there won't be accurate pictures to find her.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

Anyone else think Lisa is so addicted to being pregnant and defining her identity as a mother of many children that she'll use an egg donor when her own fertility falters?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

anyone else think Lisa is so addicted to be pregnant and defining her identity as a mother of many children that she'll use an egg donor when her own fertility falters?

I could so see her “saving” a left over embryo meant to be destroyed. That seems like something she would do. That way she can crow about saving a baby from murder (because embryos left over from ivy is exactly like killing a newborn) AND she gets to be pregnant and lay on her ass for months of bedrest while her kids do all the work. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 4/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Anyone else think Lisa is so addicted to being pregnant and defining her identity as a mother of many children that she'll use an egg donor when her own fertility falters?

I really hope she's done. She's not my favorite person but I think she had to have a transfusion with this last one. She's gambling with her health.

What a lovely family outing with her newborn and litter of children. This doesn’t surprise me one bit. Lisa is a selfish asshole.

BA36406A-5C1E-4E77-8FE5-5FA640A351F2.jpeg

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 3

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What a lovely family outing with her newborn and litter of children. This doesn’t surprise me one bit. Lisa is a selfish asshole.

BA36406A-5C1E-4E77-8FE5-5FA640A351F2.jpeg

Hasn't Lisa been preaching for years about how her family is self sufficient and that they budget so they can financially afford all those kids? Exactly what is she missing out on? She doesn't work (shilling for Plexus can be done from home and it isn't a job anyway), she's always posting about her garden, her kids are homeschooled and her husband's job is financial planner which can be done from home. I thought she was so thrifty and everyone could learn from her. Oh, and she doesn't need her kids to be part of society because...Jebus. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, geeklove said:

Hasn't Lisa been preaching for years about how her family is self sufficient and that they budget so they can financially afford all those kids? Exactly what is she missing out on? She doesn't work (shilling for Plexus can be done from home and it isn't a job anyway), she's always posting about her garden, her kids are homeschooled and her husband's job is financial planner which can be done from home. I thought she was so thrifty and everyone could learn from her. Oh, and she doesn't need her kids to be part of society because...Jebus. 

Because she wants to harass women going into abortion clinics. Seriously. It’s the only thing that actually affects her. She wants to stand close and yell at women. But there are now more rules regarding harassing people at abortion providers. And she’s big mad.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

On 5/2/2020 at 12:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because she wants to harass women going into abortion clinics. Seriously. It’s the only thing that actually affects her. She wants to stand close and yell at women. But there are now more rules regarding harassing people at abortion providers. And she’s big mad.

Sadly, you're probably right. I saw where her Benham brother buddies were arrested in front of the clinic. They claim they were practicing social distancing, but some of the videos I saw they clearly were not. 

It doesn't matter what happens, people like Lisa will never admit they were wrong about anything. Like a child, they pitch a temper tantrum whenever they're faced with the slightest inconvenience or disturbing truth.

• Upvote 5

You think Lisa has checked in over here? She posted about being self sufficient. 

Congrats, Lisa! You still rely on other people like your renters and your husband's clients.

Screenshot_20200508-140216.png

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Says the woman with two adopted black sons. I’m glad her oldest black son is not living with them anymore. This woman is garbage. 

ACE8EBFA-7DF6-40B9-B562-4EFDAFC02A97.jpeg

• Angry 6
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 3

Lisa is dumber than a box of hair. She has to wear a mask so she isn’t breathing all over the people who work in the eye clinic. And I’m glad too. Because Lisa does not social distance or quarantine. She brought a newborn to a public protest at the height of the spread. Their huge family is more likely to spread coronavirus than someone who actually cares to follow guidelines.

BC9FD147-3F38-4A10-B779-177E8238EA28.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa is dumber than a box of hair. She has to wear a mask so she isn’t breathing all over the people who work in the eye clinic. And I’m glad too. Because Lisa does not social distance or quarantine. She brought a newborn to a public protest at the height of the spread. Their huge family is more likely to spread coronavirus than someone who actually cares to follow guidelines.

BC9FD147-3F38-4A10-B779-177E8238EA28.jpeg

I hope those hands were clean....

• I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

She's taken her mother out of the nursing home because she doesn't like the visitation policies. Oy vey.

• WTF 3