IGNORED

Lawson Bates 4: He’s wearing a dog tag. He better be dating a soldier.

HerNameIsBuffy

This comment from his Mom on his Insta really implies that whatever he did, it was his own damn fault:

thebatesfam

So glad you’re alive!!! Be safer!!!! Please!!!!!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5

By the way, Lawson's GoFund Me for that Filipino girl has surpassed its goal: https://www.gofundme.com/f/1v6gp4ci5c  but he hasn't posted about it in months. Shady (and lazy) as hell.  Tell your donors what is going with their money.

What is the plan, Lawson, is she going to be flown to the US for surgery or not?

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

By the way, Lawson's GoFund Me for that Filipino girl has surpassed its goal: https://www.gofundme.com/f/1v6gp4ci5c  but he hasn't posted about it in months. Shady (and lazy) as hell.  Tell your donors what is going with their money.

What is the plan, Lawson, is she going to be flown to the US for surgery or not?

Didn’t another celebrity get involved & achieve the total very quickly? In which case it’s not all about Lawson so why would he be interested? 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Didn’t another celebrity get involved & achieve the total very quickly? In which case it’s not all about Lawson so why would he be interested? 

He did post about it on his stories. The celeb was Nick Carter, I think. He politely thanked him and seemed excited about it. He said something about Esther having had a first surgery to make her well enough to fly to the US but AFAIK that's old news he already posted about months ago.

I don't remember much of the rest of what he said (I think he mentioned future plans, or reasons for a lack thereof). Again it stood out so much how strange it was for him to be involved in this whole thing. He said something like "Last year I had the opportunity to help..." WHY? WHO gave you this opportunity? Why did they give it to YOU?!?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, Paperplate said:

He did post about it on his stories. The celeb was Nick Carter, I think. He politely thanked him and seemed excited about it. He said something about Esther having had a first surgery to make her well enough to fly to the US but AFAIK that's old news he already posted about months ago.

Thanks. I don't look at his stories. I was just struck that he never posted an update on the GoFund me page itself.  These is something just kind of off about Lawson nowadays. I sense some sort of estrangement with his family, or he's hiding from some heartache or career rejection or there is something he's ashamed of.

His extended family seems pretty unconcerned about his recent accident/misadventure.

• Upvote 7

He had a dirt bike accident in E. Tennessee and hit a tree head on. Says he's gonna take is easy for about week.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 15

6 hours ago, llg1234 said:

He had a dirt bike accident in E. Tennessee and hit a tree head on. Says he's gonna take is easy for about week.

So I’m guessing no helmet? 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Of course he had a helmet, Jesus was his helmet!

He was "washed in the blood" also.... His lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

I bet he wasn't wearing a helmet. Riding dirt bikes and four wheelers with no helmet is unbelievably stupid, but way too many people do it. A story haunts me of parents who always made their son where a helmet, but decided to let him skip one day when he was just driving it a short distance to put it away. He flip it, hit his head and died. Lawson is lucky his foolish behavior didn't kill him. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I bet he wasn't wearing a helmet. Riding dirt bikes and four wheelers with no helmet is unbelievably stupid, but way too many people do it. A story haunts me of parents who always made their son where a helmet, but decided to let him skip one day when he was just driving it a short distance to put it away. He flip it, hit his head and died. Lawson is lucky his foolish behavior didn't kill him. 

I agree. It’s so common here too. Luckily my BIL always makes their kids wear a helmet on the ATVs but his little brother got into an accident without wearing a helmet and was really hurt. I hope he learned his lesson but who knows. 

• Upvote 7

JFC Lawson, how tone-deaf can you be? We are NOT all equal. Which is why people are protesting. He is such a twit. 

The shitty thing about the violent protesters is that this is what people like Lawson latch onto, not the reasons why they're protesting in the first place. I would love to see something, ANYTHING from him or another Bates or Duggar acknowledging that this isn't just an isolated incident and that all of the white savior crap they post about with their medicorps and mission trips just perpetuates the problem (I know that'll never happen but a girl can dream!)

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

He literally equated looting to murder..... I cannot.

(of course looting isn't good but like if you don't understand WHY people are looting or that in the majority of cities it has been from people who don't actually live there then maybe don't comment on things you don't know? @ Lawson).

• Upvote 17

Lawson is not at all qualified to talk about "abuse of power" and "we are all equal." He truly shows his ignorance in this post.

Wait, where did he equate looting to murder? I'm not really surprised that he would say something like that...

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
  • Upvote 8

31 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

@candygirl200413 wait, where did he equate looting to murder? I'm not really surprised that he would say something like that, but I'm not seeing it in his Instagram post. Was it in his Instagram story? 

He wrote "If instead of fighting for change, accountability, and justice for the innocent, you choose to destroy and harm other uninvolved people's lives (or promote others doing this), you are joining the evil of the original perpetrators." Original perpetrators meaning the cops who murdered George Floyd.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Thanks, @indianabones! I remember reading that paragraph and just being confused as to what he was even talking about! I still don't even understand his logic in thinking that sentence. His audience is mostly a bunch of fundie maidens -- not the protesters, so I don't know why he chose to word that sentence with "you are joining the evil of the original perpetrators." His entire post just makes me want to say, "EXCUSE ME!?" Like, first of all, how dare he make the first paragraph about him being a good example of a law enforcement officer. The narcissism! I honestly think he is very blind to Black Lives Matter, white privilege, and police brutality -- it's the only explanation. He is a white male in law enforcement. He really needs to educate himself on racial issues waaaaayyy more than at a surface level. 

Anyway, I'm tired, and I can barely organize my thoughts. 

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, indianabones said:

The shitty thing about the violent protesters is that this is what people like Lawson latch onto,

Colin Kaepernick's peaceful protest and the outrage by people like Lawson shows that literally any sort of protest will be viewed as bad. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 8

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

He wrote "If instead of fighting for change, accountability, and justice for the innocent, you choose to destroy and harm other uninvolved people's lives (or promote others doing this), you are joining the evil of the original perpetrators." Original perpetrators meaning the cops who murdered George Floyd.

I mean, I think this is true when it’s applied to the cops and white supremacists who are attacking journalists, driving their vehicles into crowds, and teargassing residential neighborhoods. Pretty sure that’s not what Lawson meant though. 

• Upvote 16

19 hours ago, indianabones said:

JFC Lawson, how tone-deaf can you be? We are NOT all equal. Which is why people are protesting. He is such a twit. 

The shitty thing about the violent protesters is that this is what people like Lawson latch onto, not the reasons why they're protesting in the first place. I would love to see something, ANYTHING from him or another Bates or Duggar acknowledging that this isn't just an isolated incident and that all of the white savior crap they post about with their medicorps and mission trips just perpetuates the problem (I know that'll never happen but a girl can dream!)

Also the vast majority of protestors haven't vandalised anything. And not a word about the excessive force we've been seeing from the police.

I am glad to see him speak out to condemn the death of George Floyd, however.

• Upvote 11

31 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Well, according to the bible all sin is equal. ?

Yep and all sin can be washed away as long as you ask god for forgiveness ?

I can’t tell you how many times this has been said to me by family who have wronged me and other family members. It doesn’t matter how bad it was because all sins are the same, and I should forgive them because they asked god for forgiveness and he’s already forgiven them. 

I also have half a mind, but won’t actually do it, to message Lawson and ask him to stop showing videos of people hurting cops and show the cops hurting innocent protestors because I watched it happen with my own two eyes while protesting this weekend. 

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, seraaa said:

Also the vast majority of protestors haven't vandalised anything. And not a word about the excessive force we've been seeing from the police.

I am glad to see him speak out to condemn the death of George Floyd, however.

I mean... Lawson's message prooves that he doesn't understand the problem AT ALL (because of course, he will focus his message on the looting and rioting more than on the living conditions of black people) (FIY, a window can be replaced Lawson, not a life).

BUT... bolded: I am actually surprised he spoke out, at least to condemn George Floyd's death. Which shows you how low my bar is. To be honest, I expected something along the lines of BlueLivesMatter or either complete silence out of the Bates or Duggar bunch. So I guess, in a way, it is more than I thought he would do.

Does that mean Lawson is trying to understand the reality of being black in America? Of course not. One needs to look away from its own little self-centered self for that.

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

I mean... Lawson's message prooves that he doesn't understand the problem AT ALL (because of course, he will focus his message on the looting and rioting more than on the living conditions of black people) (FIY, a window can be replaced Lawson, not a life).

BUT... bolded: I am actually surprised he spoke out, at least to condemn George Floyd's death. Which shows you how low my bar is. To be honest, I expected something along the lines of BlueLivesMatter or either complete silence out of the Bates or Duggar bunch. So I guess, in a way, it is more than I thought he would do.

Does that mean Lawson is trying to understand the reality of being black in America? Of course not. One needs to look away from its own little self-centered self for that.

It is the one thing that keeps sticking out to me - that people you wouldn't expect to acknowledge it are doing so.

Like you tho I don't expect him to be hyper-informed or anything 

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 4

On 6/1/2020 at 4:41 AM, formergothardite said:

Colin Kaepernick's peaceful protest and the outrage by people like Lawson shows that literally any sort of protest will be viewed as bad. 

Except for protests like the Duggars' prolife protests

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic