IGNORED

Lawson Bates 4: He’s wearing a dog tag. He better be dating a soldier.

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I wonder when he’ll start asking for donations. 

He hasn't yet, which has surprised me.  That said, there are a lot of fundraising efforts already being made - not that that would necessarily stop him!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Syriana said:

He hasn't yet, which has surprised me.  That said, there are a lot of fundraising efforts already being made - not that that would necessarily stop him!

Lawson is still almost $11,000 short of his current GoFundMe goal for the heart patient in the Philippines.

• Upvote 3

We had insane lightning and hail the size of golfballs at 1am on Monday night and we’re more than 10 miles from where the Nashville tornados went through. It was unbelievable. Hunkering down in our basement with the kids I told my husband: “We’re moving.”

To BEC for a moment: the most extensive damage and loss of life from the Middle Tennessee tornados occurred out in mostly rural Putnam county. Lawson and his crew *eyeroll* could probably be a lot more “help” out there. But that wouldn’t be as glamorous as helping in Nashville. Countdown to Lawson posting a picture of himself near the surviving “I believe in Nashville” mural in 3...2...1...

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

My daughter's boyfriend lives within a mile of the East Nashville Five Points neighborhood that was hit hard.  Most of the minor cleanup work (i.e., yard cleanup) is being organized within the neighborhoods, with the more substantial issues being dealt with by groups that are trained in such matters.  If Lawson and sidekicks would like to stay in hotel rooms in downtown Nashville while they "help," that would assist with the local economy which is affected by convention cancellations due to the coronavirus. 

I'm waiting for his "I Believe in Nashville" mural photo op, too.

Here is a snippet from a Nashville forum I participate in.  (This is actually describing the area around Cookeville.)

The amount of help offered has been overwhelming, quite literally.  Putnam County Emergency Management just sent a plea that people stop going to the affected areas because they're creating traffic jams.  I know of over a dozen restaurants and food trucks in town, even a couple of food trucks from out of town, that are offering free food to all those helping in the effort.  The old Hobby Lobby parking lot was filled to capacity this morning with people who showed up ready to help.  Churches are offering free babysitting so adults can go help.   The schools, which are closed the rest of the week, are opening their cafeterias to anyone who needs a hot meal.  The local blood bank had to tell people to stop coming to donate blood because they were overwhelmed, and the wait was over 3 hours.  Tennessee Tech cancelled classes today and encouraged its students to fan out into the community and help in any way they can. 

Edited by CTRLZero
Adding local info.
  • Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

My daughter's boyfriend lives within a mile of the East Nashville Five Points neighborhood that was hit hard.  Most of the minor cleanup work (i.e., yard cleanup) is being organized within the neighborhoods, with the more substantial issues being dealt with by groups that are trained in such matters.  If Lawson and sidekicks would like to stay in hotel rooms in downtown Nashville while they "help," that would assist with the local economy which is affected by convention cancellations due to the coronavirus. 

I'm waiting for his "I Believe in Nashville" mural photo op, too.

Don't give him ideas about pics. He's probably photoshopping one right now. I hope he remembers to add legs to this one. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Idlewild said:

In his instastory the idiot was asking for people to DM him if they needed help. That is so irresponsible- if he wants to help he should be part of a coordinated effort.

Right, so the idiotic prettyboy can't figure out where he can sign up to be part of a coordinated effort?   If he really, really wants to help then how tough is that?  Instead he needs people to DM him?  My neighborhood had a tornado several years ago and affected areas were frequently blocked off by law enforcement.   So if someone did DM him, would he be allowed in the area?

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Right, so the idiotic prettyboy can't figure out where he can sign up to be part of a coordinated effort?   If he really, really wants to help then how tough is that?  Instead he needs people to DM him?  My neighborhood had a tornado several years ago and affected areas were frequently blocked off by law enforcement.   So if someone did DM him, would he be allowed in the area?

Well I expect his gun and badge will be prominently displayed on his outfit- they were in The Bahamas  - a sovereign state where he had no right to be parading either.

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Well I expect his gun and badge will be prominently displayed on his outfit- they were in The Bahamas  - a sovereign state where he had no right to be parading either.

I am sure those things will be on full display if he shows up, but wonder if that will carry any weight with the local law enforcement, Red Cross, etc.  I wonder if  he and his "mediccorps" got away with what they did in the Bahamas because of the widespread destruction and resulting chaos following the hurricane.    But in a tornado event, even in a severe one, damage is localized, so cleanup, rescue and other effects will be just focused in those areas, in other words they won't be as stretched thin compared to what happened in the Bahamas.  There might be enough assistance going on that there's no need for Lawson and his pals.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I am sure those things will be on full display if he shows up, but wonder if that will carry any weight with the local law enforcement, Red Cross, etc. 

As a state constable, his powers as a peace officer are valid state wide so if he has his badge with him he could be useful to local law enforcement...in principle!

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Syriana said:

As a state constable, his powers as a peace officer are valid state wide so if he has his badge with him he could be useful to local law enforcement...in principle!

My bad, I forgot he was a state constable, thanks for the reminder.  

ETA: Just makes me stabby that people like him get a badge so they can play White Savior and "look at me" posts online. 

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

My bad, I forgot he was a state constable, thanks for the reminder.  

You're welcome ?

it still doesn't mean he's going to be any use though!

(brushes cracker crumbs into the bin)

• Upvote 7

Just now, Syriana said:

You're welcome ?

it still doesn't mean he's going to be any use though!

(brushes cracker crumbs into the bin)

Probably not and in volunteering means he takes the chance in showing it.  

• Upvote 1

DM him? What, these people affected by the disaster are going to be like, "My house is destroyed. Hmm, better contact that C-list reality show star and get him on over here to take selfies and show off his special badge!" 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 13

44 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

DM him? What, these people affected by the disaster are going to be like, "My house is destroyed. Hmm, better contact that C-list reality show star and get him on over here to take selfies and show off his special badge!" 

Don’t forget the soul saving that will come with it. No such thing as a free lunch. 

• Upvote 5

These arrogant fundie assholes won't be part of a coordinated effort because they don't like taking orders from anybody.  They have to be in charge.  When you're part of a coordinated search and rescue effort, you have to take orders.  You can't just do whatever the hell you want.  That's how people get hurt.

My husband says Putnam County was hit very hard.  18 of the dead are from there.  A whole subdivision in Cookeville was wiped out.  A local church was being used as a make shift morgue.  The out pouring of help has been incredible.  Local restaurants, stores, and churches are providing free food and necessities.  Hotels and AirBnB are providing temporary housing.  The list goes on.

The one thing these victims and survivors don't need are a bunch of gawkers talking selfies.  These are real people who have lost everything.  They aren't props for social media posts and soul winning.  And, they don't want their suffering plastered a over the internet.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

He has posted a video- he looks clean and perfectly coiffured for someone working on a rescue in a disaster area..... There are some of the Duggars there too, I can’t remember their names- they at least appear to have their hands dirty but still look gormless. I assume it’s a ‘medic corps ‘ thing as both families have fingers in that particular pie.

In the text to his post he talks about ‘working alongside volunteers’ - may be just a slip but it does make it seem like he is more important than a mere volunteer. I might just be BEC about that! 

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

may be just a slip but it does make it seem like he is more important than a mere volunteer. I

It is like how when he was writing about the little girl he made it seem like he was part of her medical team. He really tries to act like he isn't just an uneducated buffoon flouncing about taking selfies. 

• Upvote 11

My ex in Cookeville posted that “hundreds if not thousands” showed up to volunteer. They don’t need Lawson.

• Upvote 9

It would appear that Lawson is in uniform/wearing a uniform type jacket with what appears to be a badge on the sleeve - I'm guessing he's utilising his 'official' status thus elevating him above 'the volunteers'.  Ugh!

• Upvote 5

I spy with my little eye (and a brief enlarging the photo) over on instagram - in one of Lawson's collections - Jason Duggar next to the dozer (and perhaps James on the dozer).  Meanwhile a lot of the main Duggar fam went bowling and posted a family photo.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

I spy with my little eye (and a brief enlarging the photo) over on instagram - in one of Lawson's collections - Jason Duggar next to the dozer (and perhaps James on the dozer).  Meanwhile a lot of the main Duggar fam went bowling and posted a family photo.  

You need some kind of award for recognizing Jason Duggar.  I keep forgetting there is a Jason (or Justin) Duggar.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You need some kind of award for recognizing Jason Duggar.  I keep forgetting there is a Jason (or Justin) Duggar.

A while back I was thinking how statistically it's odd that I don't share a birthday with any Duggars or their ilk. Then I looked it up and realized I do actually share a birthday with Jason Duggar. 

My second thought: "There's a Jason Duggar?"

• Haha 19

37 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

My second thought: "There's a Jason Duggar?"

I googled to make sure this wasn't some sort of FJ joke I had missed. But it ends up there is a Jason Duggar! I do not even remember hearing about him before. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, formergothardite said:

I googled to make sure this wasn't some sort of FJ joke I had missed. But it ends up there is a Jason Duggar! I do not even remember hearing about him before. 

It's even my brother's name. How did it not stick with me?

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It's even my brother's name. How did it not stick with me?

I think some of the howlers morphed into one generic Duggar at some point.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic