IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

34 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Priscilla and Pecan Waller also spent a month bothering Romanians--right after their honeymoon. https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com/off-to-romania/ 

Mmm, it takes some self confidence to think they can ‘relieve the stress’ of patients by proselytising to them in a foreign language (I’m happy to be corrected if either of them speak Romanian).

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I clearly remember an insta post from derwood when they were in sth ?? Central ??? America saying he was there to convert the Catholics. Dickheads the lot of them  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

There’s an update on their Instagram- I didn’t recognise the person, he sounds like he could be European. The photos look like stock photos. The text says they are training doctors who have no knowledge of war injuries - and they do?? And coordinating supplies and pastors - it sounds like they are having to work with other organisations- I hope none of the photo op Bates or Duggars turn up- but I think it’s too dangerous and they wouldn’t be allowed. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

There’s an update on their Instagram- I didn’t recognise the person, he sounds like he could be European. The photos look like stock photos. The text says they are training doctors who have no knowledge of war injuries - and they do?? And coordinating supplies and pastors - it sounds like they are having to work with other organisations- I hope none of the photo op Bates or Duggars turn up- but I think it’s too dangerous and they wouldn’t be allowed. 

His jacket say he's the Chief Medical Officer. Assuming their organisation only has one of those, their team seems to have change from what they write on their website (Crystal Hlaing).

It's interesting that they don't show a single photo of Medic Corps actually doing anything. It's just photos of the situation in Ukraine and some supplies (seemingly collected by other people back in the US).

• Upvote 9

@Paperplate I agree, the photos look like they’ve been lifted from news websites. While I’m glad there’s no selfies from the usual suspects I’m still mystified how this organisation purports to train Ukrainian doctors to treat war injuries.

They seem to have a foothold in the Philippines health system by saying they are inadequate and getting government approval to train them. I just don’t see how they could eg Doctors Without Borders for working in conflict zones.

Why not just say we’re helping the Red Cross or Doctors Without Borders? They are a tiny organisation with Duggar cast off planes who cannot possibly supply or coordinate the relief needed.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Every inner city doctor knows a lot about war injuries.  And I imagine the rural ones have treated their share of accidental "deer" shootings.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Why not just say we’re helping the Red Cross or Doctors Without Borders?

Because then they couldn't be self important or recognized for their "great contributions." */sarcasm

My thoughts on their great update are 1. Stay the f*ck home. 2. There are amazing organization called Doctos Without Border, World Central Kitchen, Red Cross, and other local Ukraine/Polish charities to name a few that are already on the ground and actively helping so stay the f*ck home. 3. Stay out of the way. Stay the f*ck home.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 12

It's wild to me that they seem to think they would be any help. I'm european, I have friends who are ukranian in origin, but don't live there anymore (but still have family), who are very affected by this war.

There are many organisations, who already have contacts, that are better equipped to help (well, we all agree on that, I'm sure). In my area, there are loads of transport companys, and many of those have organised transports to Ukraine with all sorts of goods, mainly hygenic products, clothes, food & water, blankets, but also a lot of things for babies and medicine, that is desperately needed.

All the drivers that went there had to do a social media break, due to the russians controlling social media. They didn't want to endanger their contacts and wanted to make sure that everything reached the people that need it the most.

So not only can those dickwads ('Medic corps') stay home because they are not going to be very helpful with no contacts, no experience and only taking away ressources, they could actually endanger other people. Donate some money and stay the fuck at home, seriously.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 8

This article is what I think about whenever I hear of these idiots going into Ukraine with the zero percent training they actually have. Seriously, stay the f*ck at home, you’re doing more harm than good to both the people you’re trying to help AND possibly to yourself. 
ETA: The article contains talk of war and is written by a guy who served reflecting on why mercenaries (with or without training) aren’t helping anyone. 

Edited by SisterCupcake
To add content about the article itself.
  • Upvote 6

I thought I remembered ESLI ELIAS GOLLAPALLI, DO having an office in Florida, so I looked it up. Guess the office is gone, as his Florida license expires at the end of this month. According to the report from the FLorida DOH, he (self-reported) worked as an ER physician but does not have any certified speciality training recognized by the state of Florida (so no trauma specialty). He did residencies and internships in Emergency Medicine (again, self reported), but " did not provide this mandatory information" about other graduate education or other health-related degrees. Actually, there is quite a bit of "did not provide this mandatory information" on his pages.
While in FLorida, however, he did demonstrate his concern for the medically underserved by not accepting Mediciad., 

He may in fact be a decent doctor, but there has to be some reason, even if a psychological one, why he would "serve" under the Duggar/Bates banner instead of with one of the umpteen legit medical organizations out there.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

8 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I thought I remembered ESLI ELIAS GOLLAPALLI, DO having an office in Florida, so I looked it up. Guess the office is gone, as his Florida license expires at the end of this month. According to the report from the FLorida DOH, he (self-reported) worked as an ER physician but does not have any certified speciality training recognized by the state of Florida (so no trauma specialty). He did residencies and internships in Emergency Medicine (again, self reported), but " did not provide this mandatory information" about other graduate education or other health-related degrees. Actually, there is quite a bit of "did not provide this mandatory information" on his pages.
While in FLorida, however, he did demonstrate his concern for the medically underserved by not accepting Mediciad., 

He may in fact be a decent doctor, but there has to be some reason, even if a psychological one, why he would "serve" under the Duggar/Bates banner instead of with one of the umpteen legit medical organizations out there.

And I’m sorry, if you do not provide the mandatory information, you can not be licensed and employed in the field. If the state does not have mandatory info because the individual did not supply it, the individual can not self report anything. No one would hire this person. If he’s choosing to not supply mandatory info, how does he even have a license? The information helps state* authorities to verify who is safe and qualified to practice and who is not. 

Did anyone listen to the podcast, Dr Death? Holy crap-

* not all states have the exact same guidelines.  It is crazy FL-

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

And I’m sorry, if you do not provide the mandatory information, you can not be licensed and employed in the field. If the state does not have mandatory info because the individual did not supply it, the individual can not self report anything. No one would hire this person. If he’s choosing to not supply mandatory info, how does he even have a license? The information helps state* authorities to verify who is safe and qualified to practice and who is not. 

Did anyone listen to the podcast, Dr Death? Holy crap-

* not all states have the exact same guidelines.  It is crazy FL-

I just know what I read.

2 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I just know what I read.

It’s crazy, isn’t it?

Just as a side note. My husband and I have a second home in So America where our daughter and her family live. We have been looking into obtaining residency status. One of the requirements is providing my professional license information as well as my college transcript. The transcript needed to indicate if the classes were taken online (not acceptable in this country) or in person. Um, I’m retired and attended college in the 70s. Sir, there was no online in the 70s. And, I am not a doctor-

• Upvote 8

So now Nathan Bates is there telling us with a straight face that hospitals requested their assistance in evaluating trauma as they had no training in war injuries. And he does? He is so self important- they are never there to help, it’s always about ordering others around.

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

So now Nathan Bates is there telling us with a straight face that hospitals requested their assistance in evaluating trauma as they had no training in war injuries. And he does? He is so self important- they are never there to help, it’s always about ordering others around.

Yeah, I bet while Zelensky is talking to the US Congress and the EU he is begging to please, please send in the Bates and Duggars.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

I mean, What does the Red Cross know?
  • Upvote 11

IMO, that is complete BS from these guys but then it's always BS.  I highly doubt that the "assistance" that they tout does any good and I still have questions of whether or not they have gotten turned away at times because they don't have credentials and ordering others around is going to be done by other people like law enforcement, National Guard etc. not these guys.   That might be different in a foreign country where things are still in chaos

Honestly, they really want to go into a war zone?   With the serious risk of getting killed?  This is not like assisting after a hurricane or tornado event when dealing with the damage / injuries after the event.  This is ongoing, an active war zone.  Good grief they are such idiots.

And besides, how will they get their Chik Fil A?

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 14

These people have been living in a bubble of privilege where they 100 believe they are being persecuted and have been at war with the liberals in a desperate attempt to save America. I wouldn’t be shocked if they truly didn’t grasp how bad things are in a war zone and think they are totally prepared 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

These people have been living in a bubble of privilege where they 100 believe they are being persecuted and have been at war with the liberals in a desperate attempt to save America. I wouldn’t be shocked if they truly didn’t grasp how bad things are in a war zone and think they are totally prepared 

Interesting take that I didn't think about--their idea of "war" is the spiritual war between themselves and Satan. Despite their guns and their constable badges, these guys haven't even been in a street fight. 

• Upvote 13

26 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Where are they exactly? 

They didn't say, they're driving uh further east, going to a hospital. No details and seriously doubt the hospital asked 2 yahoos with no war wound experience to come help them evaluate and help them do the 'medical side' but their going to get more into supplies as the pastors are asking for.  Yeah, delivering supplies that I believe offering medical advice, not so much.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Smoochie said:

They didn't say, they're driving uh further east, going to a hospital. No details and seriously doubt the hospital asked 2 yahoos with no war wound experience to come help them evaluate and help them do the 'medical side' but their going to get more into supplies as the pastors are asking for.  Yeah, delivering supplies that I believe offering medical advice, not so much.

So, they're neither use, nor ornament.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

According to Nathan’s instagram they are in Kyiv, proofing again how dumb they all are.

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic