IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

According to Nathan’s instagram they are in Kyiv, proofing again how dumb they all are.
What are they doing there? Waiting Russian troops to convert them?
  • Upvote 13

They can’t be in Kyiv. Seriously? Logistically how did they even get in? When they posted about helping with the “crisis” I figured they would be in a neighboring country, which is stupid enough considering they don’t have the requisite skills. But to be in Kyiv??? I have no words.

Is there any indication that Duggars are with the Bates? So far I’ve only read about Nathan being there.

• Upvote 12

10 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

They can’t be in Kyiv. Seriously? Logistically how did they even get in? When they posted about helping with the “crisis” I figured they would be in a neighboring country, which is stupid enough considering they don’t have the requisite skills. But to be in Kyiv??? I have no words.

Is there any indication that Duggars are with the Bates? So far I’ve only read about Nathan being there.

Nathan's latest post starts with "This morning I woke up in Kyiv..."

Up to this point I doubted that he was actually there. But I don't think he would blatantly lie about where he is. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Nathan's latest post starts with "This morning I woke up in Kyiv..."

Up to this point I doubted that he was actually there. But I don't think he would blatantly lie about where he is. 

Sorry for the confusion. I don’t mean to say I don’t believe it. Just that I’m shocked  he actually did it. When he first posted about helping, the consensus was that they must be going to a neighboring country, because even the Bates would not be stupid enough to enter an active war zone, and that even going to a neighbor was a stupid/unecessary thing to do.

I guess I shouldn’t be shocked when a fundie sinks lower than what even our depraved minds imagine.

• Upvote 10

A family member of mine has fairly recently found Jesus and he and his wife decided to adopt several Ukrainian children from a fundie christian orphanage. My cousin texted me a week ago that this idiot has flown to Poland and is trying to attempt to get to Ukraine to “rescue” another orphan. I cannot express how uncomfortable the whole thing makes me. He is so not fit to be in a war zone and this white Christian savior mindset is incredibly harmful. 

ETA: the child he is attempting to bring home he has never met and has no paperwork to adopt - I’m hoping there’s no way they’ll let a random American man take a kid like that?

Edited by closetcagebaby
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 11

11 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

A family member of mine has fairly recently found Jesus and he and his wife decided to adopt several Ukrainian children from a fundie christian orphanage. My cousin texted me a week ago that this idiot has flown to Poland and is trying to attempt to get to Ukraine to “rescue” another orphan. I cannot express how uncomfortable the whole thing makes me. He is so not fit to be in a war zone and this white Christian savior mindset is incredibly harmful. 

ETA: the child he is attempting to bring home he has never met and has no paperwork to adopt - I’m hoping there’s no way they’ll let a random American man take a kid like that?

This is so narcissistic. To think he’s fucking Superman saving orphans. What the actual fuck?! His plane ticket and expenses should have been donated to that orphanage to help feed and clothe them during a war. What a waste. I hope they tell him to go home. 

• Upvote 23

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is so narcissistic. To think he’s fucking Superman saving orphans. What the actual fuck?! His plane ticket and expenses should have been donated to that orphanage to help feed and clothe them during a war. What a waste. I hope they tell him to go home. 

They raised $40k to bring one of the sibling groups over! Imagine the good that money could have done for so many kids (either in the US or abroad) instead of using it to get Christian plaudits by taking children away from their country of origin and native language. 

• Sad 6

20 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Talking Points Memo is following this story: What Is Former Far-Right Legislator Matt Shea Doing With Dozens Of Ukrainian Kids In Poland?

Is this the guy?  

Summary: 

• Matt Shea, known for his document on killing non-believers in a hypothetical Biblical War, says he showed up in Europe a couple weeks ago to save several dozen Ukrainian orphans from the war.
  • But when Shea arrived in a small Polish town with more than 60 Ukrainian kids, locals understandably... had some questions, especially given his politics.
  • Shea didn't help his case when he gave contradictory information to local officials, according to their accounts.
  • The situation has received significant attention in Ukraine, and is reportedly on the radar of U.S. State Department officials and Polish authorities.

I wouldn't be surprised if multiple Christian "adoption" entities are getting very busy on the kidnapping/baby snatching front. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Talking Points Memo is following this story: What Is Former Far-Right Legislator Matt Shea Doing With Dozens Of Ukrainian Kids In Poland?

Is this the guy?  

Summary: 

• Matt Shea, known for his document on killing non-believers in a hypothetical Biblical War, says he showed up in Europe a couple weeks ago to save several dozen Ukrainian orphans from the war.
  • But when Shea arrived in a small Polish town with more than 60 Ukrainian kids, locals understandably... had some questions, especially given his politics.
  • Shea didn't help his case when he gave contradictory information to local officials, according to their accounts.
  • The situation has received significant attention in Ukraine, and is reportedly on the radar of U.S. State Department officials and Polish authorities.

I wouldn't be surprised if multiple Christian "adoption" entities are getting very busy on the kidnapping/baby snatching front. 

Oh my god if I was related to Matt Shea I would literally die of shame. 😂 But yikes I hate knowing this is a trend  

Quick plug for the Bundyville podcast which does some really great episodes featuring Rep. Shea. 

• Upvote 3

Plus they are white kids. Gotta save those white kids faster than the brown ones! Sorry this bugs me so bad since my husband is part Ukrainian. 

• Upvote 20

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Plus they are white kids. Gotta save those white kids faster than the brown ones! Sorry this bugs me so bad since my husband is part Ukrainian. 

They adopted a non-white kid domestically but it didn’t work out because she “didn’t fit in.”

• Disgust 4
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 16

5 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

They adopted a non-white kid domestically but it didn’t work out because she “didn’t fit in.”

Omg. That made my mouth fall open when I read that. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

I guess I shouldn’t be shocked when a fundie sinks lower than what even our depraved minds imagine.

Fundies never fail to disappoint in that regard.

Absolutely idiotic for Nathan to be there.  He would be better off trying to support from afar and  1) not risk himself and 2) cause more harm than good.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Does he want to be a martyr?

Or is his hoping that eventually he'll be able to write a book and live off the profits and guest speaking gigs?

• Upvote 4

Nathan Bates' instagram post had this paragraph next to a photo of himself with two men and a van loaded with boxes: "I couldn’t help but think of these two friends driving a van full of medical supplies and humanitarian aid to one of the most dangerous cities in Ukraine under complete siege knowing it may be the last trip they ever make."  Is this two guys simply doing what needs done or is there a martyr thing going on?  Nathan does not explain who these guys are, how he knows them or what organization they are with. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg. That made my mouth fall open when I read that. 

Every facet of the story makes it worse tbh. 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

People's attitudes towards missionaries and Christians hoarding foreign orphans has changed through the years. Even though they were given rags to wear from the famed missionary barrel, missionaries in the 60's and 70's were held in high esteem, prayed for weekly,  money earmarked, and given a hero's welcome when they came home. People who adopted a zillion kids were seen as saints and foreign adoption was encouraged.

Nowadays, with emphasis on cultural diversity and humility, there is discomfort for many people regarding "the great commission" because God-bothering is seen as disrespectful and intrusive. In our own culture, even Christians flee from door-knockers demanding to know your conversion story. (Anybody remember the song where you say the day of the week you were saved?).

People are concerned about families who appear to adopt too many kids for obvious reasons, but especially when they seem tone deaf to the children's cultural heritage and ecperience.

About 15 years ago, someone local sponsored 7-8 orphans from Kazakhstan to come to our little town looking for foster-to-adopt families. I do not know how that was arranged. While on one hand, it just seems questionable to remove children from their home country, but on the other hand, they received better nutrition (the 3 year-old weighed 12 pounds), education and opportunity.

• Upvote 4

My personal observation here is that Nathan Bates is instructing no one on anything. And that he’s there for the ride along and that the actual medical professionals are giving their quite so expertise opinion on what to do. But that’s me.

• Upvote 7

I'm not hoping for anything bad to happen to Nathan, but still i would be so worried if i would be in Ester shoes, i mean he Is in ana active war zone, where civilian get killed or hurt everyday, what would happen to Ester if get hurt or worse killed or even just kidnapped? I mean they just get married a few months ago, even if they weren't fundie, She h ass just started her new Life with him, She Is adjusting to change and all. If something bad happens to Nate will She have to go back to her father? Or will Gil become her new headship? And if she Is pregnant? I know that probably Nate will come back safe and sound and even more pleased with himself because he was on a Mission abroad and all, but still i would worried about things like this all the time alone in a new place. 

• Upvote 6

Omg. I know the short explanation is “because Jesus”. But I need to rant a little. I hate how fundies think in general they’re perfect, better, and smarter than everyone. But will any of these people ever figure out that during a crisis, be it war, natural disaster, terrorist attack you stay your ass home when shit like this happens and let the trained professionals represented by legitimate organizations with proper training and funding go through to the actual scene? My father was a firefighter and my aunt was a flight nurse who helped  stabilized  trauma patients on life flights. The best thing they ever taught me about any emergency is “if you don’t know how to help stay out of the way!” I had that drilled into my head from day one, and was taught that I can help by donating to relief organizations, praying for the people enduring the crisis, and the helpers. I wish more people would realize it because I feel like people in Ukraine have enough going on without being God-bothered by American fundies.

• Upvote 24
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

My personal observation here is that Nathan Bates is instructing no one on anything. And that he’s there for the ride along and that the actual medical professionals are giving their quite so expertise opinion on what to do. But that’s me.

He was dressed up like a doctor, but hopefully he is just there standing about so he can pretend to be important and not actually claiming to be an expert. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, SunnySide said:

Omg. I know the short explanation is “because Jesus”. But I need to rant a little. I hate how fundies think in general they’re perfect, better, and smarter than everyone. But will any of these people ever figure out that during a crisis, be it war, natural disaster, terrorist attack you stay your ass home when shit like this happens and let the trained professionals represented by legitimate organizations with proper training and funding go through to the actual scene? My father was a firefighter and my aunt was a flight nurse who helped  stabilized  trauma patients on life flights. The best thing they ever taught me about any emergency is “if you don’t know how to help stay out of the way!” I had that drilled into my head from day one, and was taught that I can help by donating to relief organizations, praying for the people enduring the crisis, and the helpers. I wish more people would realize it because I feel like people in Ukraine have enough going on without being God-bothered by American fundies.

It’s because for these kind of people, it’s all about them, and the notoriety they receive for inserting themselves into situations that provide an opportunity to interface with the media. They are megalomaniacs with egos that have no boundaries. Does anyone  believe that Nathan Bates cares about the Ukrainian people? Could he have identified Ukraine on a map before 2022? 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He was dressed up like a doctor, but hopefully he is just there standing about so he can pretend to be important and not actually claiming to be an expert. 

If he actually touched a person while wearing that get up in the US, more or less presenting himself as a medical professional, could he be held criminally liable? I notice that they save the “dressing up as a medical professional and cleaning teeth” for foreign countries.

• Upvote 8

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Does anyone  believe that Nathan Bates cares about the Ukrainian people? Could he have identified Ukraine on a map before 2022?

He might have heard that this is where Hunter Biden stole the election from Trump 🙄

But no, obviously I doubt it. I'd be surprised if they could identify a majority of the european countries.. and let's not start with Africa etc.

• Upvote 6

On 3/16/2022 at 5:59 PM, patsymae said:

Interesting take that I didn't think about--their idea of "war" is the spiritual war between themselves and Satan. Despite their guns and their constable badges, these guys haven't even been in a street fight. 

Good point. Most likely they’ve never seen a truly traumatic injury. Maybe a broken bone at worst. Unless they’ve taken boxing lessons, martial arts, or roughed around playing with siblings they most likely don’t even know what it feels like to be punched. The photos and videos of this war are awful enough. I cannot imagine being confronted with the sight of a traumatic war injury in person. These idiots  really do not know what they’ve gotten themselves into. Hopefully it scares the shit out of them, and the sense into them. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I'm not hoping for anything bad to happen to Nathan, but still i would be so worried if i would be in Ester shoes, i mean he Is in ana active war zone, where civilian get killed or hurt everyday, what would happen to Ester if get hurt or worse killed or even just kidnapped? I mean they just get married a few months ago, even if they weren't fundie, She h ass just started her new Life with him, She Is adjusting to change and all.

Frankly if I was newly married and my husband decided to go off and unnecessarily insert himself into a war zone, I would be seriously pissed.  By "unnecessarily" I mean he's not in the military or any other organization where he would be legitimately involved and therefore it's understood this may happen, there's no real need for him to be there.  I get that Ester probably sees this differently as her husband being some sort of hero, but he's not qualified to be anywhere near this situation and is unnecessarily risking himself. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic