IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

So many questions.

Will the plane make it without running out of gas?

If John David brings his badge and gun, does that make him a mercenary?

Where will they source Chick-Fil-A meals?

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

I could understand someone Ukranian staying to fight for the country. But for Mediccorps (which is basically a grifting operation) to go to the Ukraine and try to help people is nuts. 

I wonder who all is going to the Ukraine. I think it's a fools' errand. 

• Upvote 9

I really hope they are just sending supplies and not personnel. People are better off donating to the legitimate organisations that are helping rather than letting these people take their cut.

In my small country town in England an estate agent has organised collections of blankets, baby and toiletries supplies and non perishable foods and has sorted the transportation via Poland, working with proper organisations. All without self publicity and while continuing his day job of selling houses.

I’m sure this is replicated across the world. Why it’s taken these goons so long to decide to involve themselves is anyone’s guess, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t completely pro Ukraine at the beginning….

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 8

I sincerely hope neither John David nor Abbie are going if the rumours that Abbie is in the midst of a difficult pregnancy are true.

• Upvote 3

@Idlewild Where I am the Russian cultural society is collecting donations and fundraising for Ukraine. Medic Corps is about self-aggrandizement only. Maybe they’ll get arrested? I don’t wish any harm to befall them but a dose of “the rules apply to you too” would go along way. 

• Upvote 15

Someone posted on their Instagram that they should stay away & leave it to the proper relief organisations. They have deleted it of course. 

• Upvote 19
  • Eyeroll 2

"the Ukraine crisis" is odd phrasing.  It's an all out war. They may be in for a very big surprise. 

Plus, they are just a suck on resources -- more people (who do not speak Ukrainian or Russian!) who need to be sheltered and fed. 

Surely there are mission groups already there and they could just send them the thousands of dollars it would take in air fare and train fare along to get them to Ukraine. 

• Upvote 20

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

Surely there are mission groups already there and they could just send them the thousands of dollars it would take in air fare and train fare along to get them to Ukraine. 

I assume groomzilla-to-be Lawson isn't going.  You know he's just dying to pose in camo, giving a V for Victory sign with an Instagrammable blond Ukrainian child.

• Upvote 16
  • Disgust 1

27 minutes ago, Howl said:

"the Ukraine crisis" is odd phrasing.  It's an all out war. They may be in for a very big surprise. 

Plus, they are just a suck on resources -- more people (who do not speak Ukrainian or Russian!) who need to be sheltered and fed. 

I hear similar phrasing from far-right segments who are, essentially, pro-Russia either as a legacy of Trump or because they are both pro-Trump and see Putin is a "protector of the faith." 

ll. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1

I hope this means they will go to countries around Ukraine (Poland or Hungary) to support with the refugees there and not literally go into a war zone. What do they think is going on there?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Are these folks even vaccinated ? What the Ukraine doesn’t need is a bunch of right wing men with guns and maybe COVID flouncing in to take photos, tell people about White Republican Jesus and pretend they are saving the day. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Considering that people who know what they are doing - very experienced journalists who are used to war zones and have huge organisations behind them (Sky news) are getting shot and nearly dying, Medic Corps really shouldn't be crossing the Polish border.

They may well die, they will probably cause other people to die even if they don't die.  The US embassy/military won't bail them out.

They are far more likely to cause an international incident then they are to be of any use.

• Upvote 24
  • Love 3

I highly doubt any of the doucheboys are going, Bates or Duggars. If anything perhaps one or two of the Drs may be going to Poland or another country to help with the hurt or sick refugees. 

With their need for attention, they'd give a few more details as to whom is going, when and possibly where. It's not just like they can just fly in to a zone like that, every country is on high alert right now. Yet not one detail other than posting the picture.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I assume groomzilla-to-be Lawson isn't going.  You know he's just dying to pose in camo, giving a V for Victory sign with an Instagrammable blond Ukrainian child.

Wonder if those idiots are really planning to plant themselves in the middle of an actual war and flash their Arkansas badges and pistols. I don't think the actual fighters--on either side--will take that well.

If it weren't such a truly horrific situation (like if it were a movie) I would pay good money to watch JD attempt to "commandeer" fuel supplies.

Edited by patsymae
addition
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, imokit said:

Considering that people who know what they are doing - very experienced journalists who are used to war zones and have huge organisations behind them (Sky news) are getting shot and nearly dying, Medic Corps really shouldn't be crossing the Polish border.

They may well die, they will probably cause other people to die even if they don't die.  The US embassy/military won't bail them out.

They are far more likely to cause an international incident then they are to be of any use.

The U.S embassy won’t bail them out because they shut down on 2/28 - there’s no embassy in Ukraine to help ATM https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/ukraine-travel-advisory.html

Frankly if these bozos are stupid & arrogant enough to travel to a country in the midst of a war contrary to their government’s explicit directive to not go there, then they’ll need to fend for themselves & not expect the cavalry to ride to the rescue & save their sorry asses. 
I doubt they’ll go anywhere near Ukraine, at most they’ll travel to a nearby country like Poland, Hungary, Moldova, Romania, or Slovakia & get in the way of legitimate aid efforts, take a couple of selfies w/ refugees and head home. Or maybe, since they’re such Trump fan boys & he’s so pro Putin, they’ll head straight to Russia’s proposed ‘safe corridors’ although I suspect they’ll have trouble finding any refugees to take selfies w/ there since I doubt that many Ukrainians will flee into their attacker’s country.

• Upvote 17

11 hours ago, noseybutt said:

I hear similar phrasing from far-right segments who are, essentially, pro-Russia either as a legacy of Trump or because they are both pro-Trump and see Putin is a "protector of the faith." 

ll. 

Protector of the faith? Putin? People actually think he is a protector of any faith?! Then again, they think Trump is a good Christian. 🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 11

38 minutes ago, sndral said:

The U.S embassy won’t bail them out because they shut down on 2/28 - there’s no embassy in Ukraine to help ATM https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/ukraine-travel-advisory.html

Frankly if these bozos are stupid & arrogant enough to travel to a country in the midst of a war contrary to their government’s explicit directive to not go there, then they’ll need to fend for themselves & not expect the cavalry to ride to the rescue & save their sorry asses. 
I doubt they’ll go anywhere near Ukraine, at most they’ll travel to a nearby country like Poland, Hungary, Moldova, Romania, or Slovakia & get in the way of legitimate aid efforts, take a couple of selfies w/ refugees and head home. Or maybe, since they’re such Trump fan boys & he’s so pro Putin, they’ll head straight to Russia’s proposed ‘safe corridors’ although I suspect they’ll have trouble finding any refugees to take selfies w/ there since I doubt that many Ukrainians will flee into their attacker’s country.

Maybe the Bates guy (Nathan?) will find some Russian soldiers who need dental work.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Protector of the faith? Putin? People actually think he is a protector of any faith?! Then again, they think Trump is a good Christian. 🤦‍♀️

"Protector of the Faith" is how Putin has cast himself within Orthodox Christianity. He claimed a central role in a reconciliation within the Russian Orthodox Church in 2007. He has "spoken out" in the Middle East (Syria, Iraq) for the Orthodox Christian communities there. So yes. In my corner of the world we have lots of Slavic immigrants and the ones aligned with the Russian Orthodox Church are pro-Putin because he done a lot to encourage the revival of Orthodoxy.

Except, with the invasion of Ukraine, it has gotten much more complicated. 

The Orthodox Church is splintering over it.

I don't think Evangelical Christians see him as a "protector of the faith" because most of them do not consider Orthodox Christianity "true" Christianity. They like his anti-LGBTQ stance though. But that's as far as most Evangelicals understand Putin.

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

The latest Straight White American Jesus podcast is on the right wing American influx into the Russian Orthodox Church. it’s an interview of a woman who has written a book about the Russian church in Appalachia. 

“Historically a minority immigrant faith in the United States, Russian Orthodoxy is attracting Americans who look to Russian religion and politics for answers to Western secularism and the loss of traditional family values in the face of accelerating progressivism. These converts sought and found a conservatism more authentic than Christian American Republicanism and a nationalism unburdened by the broken promises of American exceptionalism. Ultimately, both converts and the Church that welcomes them deploy the subversive act of adopting the ideals and faith of a foreign power for larger, transnational political ends.”

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

21 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

"Protector of the Faith" is how Putin has cast himself within Orthodox Christianity. He claimed a central role in a reconciliation within the Russian Orthodox Church in 2007. He has "spoken out" in the Middle East (Syria, Iraq) for the Orthodox Christian communities there. So yes. In my corner of the world we have lots of Slavic immigrants and the ones aligned with the Russian Orthodox Church are pro-Putin because he done a lot to encourage the revival of Orthodoxy.

Except, with the invasion of Ukraine, it has gotten much more complicated. 

The Orthodox Church is splintering over it.

I don't think Evangelical Christians see him as a "protector of the faith" because most of them do not consider Orthodox Christianity "true" Christianity. They like his anti-LGBTQ stance though. But that's as far as most Evangelicals understand Putin.

my knowledge is admittedly sketchy, so this is an honest question--was Putin also part of the reframing of the Romanovs as pious defenders of Orthodoxy and even saints? 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bastet said:

The latest Straight White American Jesus podcast is on the right wing American influx into the Russian Orthodox Church. it’s an interview of a woman who has written a book about the Russian church in Appalachia. 

“Historically a minority immigrant faith in the United States, Russian Orthodoxy is attracting Americans who look to Russian religion and politics for answers to Western secularism and the loss of traditional family values in the face of accelerating progressivism. These converts sought and found a conservatism more authentic than Christian American Republicanism and a nationalism unburdened by the broken promises of American exceptionalism. Ultimately, both converts and the Church that welcomes them deploy the subversive act of adopting the ideals and faith of a foreign power for larger, transnational political ends.”

Oh yeah--I know a very southern WASP woman who has moved from being Episcopal, to fundy Episcopal (I think those churches in the US sometimes call themselves Anglican?) now to Russian Orthodox. So bizarre. She's studying Russian and everything. Has no family roots anywhere in the Orthodox world and hasn't even been to any of those countries.

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 5

GOOG GOD!

On another note, didn’t Pope Francis recently encourage traditional, far right, Catholic Churches to stop their efforts of separating from mainstream RC ideology and tenets; attempting to out Catholic the RC Church?

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Smoochie said:

I highly doubt any of the doucheboys are going, Bates or Duggars. If anything perhaps one or two of the Drs may be going to Poland or another country to help with the hurt or sick refugees. 

Someone on Reddit said they looked on the medicorps website and they don’t have any medical personal on staff. None. Zero. Zilch. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Someone on Reddit said they looked on the medicorps website and they don’t have any medical personal on staff. None. Zero. Zilch. 

They claim to have a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine as Medical Director and two other MDs on their team: https://mediccorps.org/who-we-are-2/

Whether these (or other, actually qualified) people are out in the field with them is unclear though.

• Upvote 2

Didn't some of them go to Alert? What more do they need?/s. Seriously, the people there don't need half assed  amateurs playing great white saviour.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic