IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

9 minutes ago, Queeen Victoria said:

Heaven help us, not Medic Corps.  I live just outside New Orleans.  

Girl, you didn’t evacuate? Be safe!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

@Queeen Victoria,  may all you Louisiana folks stay safe and may the damage be as minimal as possible.  I have two nephews in New Orleans teaching school and I'm concerned about them although New Orleans does not look to be the primary target.  I sure hope you're not in Grand Isle, though.  

Somehow we need to find out how to send our excess rain out to the parched West.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Wonderful.  That's just what Louisiana needs.  A bunch of ignorant, arrogant, fundie assholes playing hero & posing for Instagram pics.😡

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

On 8/29/2021 at 11:26 AM, Queeen Victoria said:

Heaven help us, not Medic Corps.  I live just outside New Orleans.  

Hoping for the best for you and yours. It looks like southern Louisiana will have its challenges for quite a while. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, sndral said:

Was reading a CNN article about Grand Isle’s hurricane Ida damage & one of the photos used in the article is attributed to MedicCorp, so I guess the disaster gawker gang has arrived & is ‘assisting’ by flying around taking photos. 
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/us/grand-isle-louisiana-ida/index.html

Isaiah Garrido, the videographer for Nathan and Esther’s engagement video made the trip with them. I assume this was his contribution.

• Upvote 4

On 8/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, LacyMay said:

Team Rubicon is also comprised of individuals with actual skills that are useful in that type of situation. 

I'll be honest, I want to see as few people flying in as possible immediately following this type of disaster because resources are finite and every new person uses resources and places strain on an already damaged infrastructure.

However I understand the need for help and assistance and that is best provided by people who can actually meet needs and place as little extra burden on the country as possible. Let's take a leap and say that *maybe* medic corps is doing some good (I'm doubtful) at the end of the day what they are doing could be done better by someone else. They frankly aren't worth the resources that they use. 

Two images that epitomize for me what twats they are and why they should never be allowed anywhere near disaster areas or anyone in need. One is one of the Bateses that AFIK doesn't have any training as a dentist, dental assistant or dental hygientist (Phillipines) and the other is John Douche making sure a Bahamian sees gun and tin badge

mediccorpshit1.PNG

JDin the bahamas.JPG

• Disgust 6
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, patsymae said:

Two images that epitomize for me what twats they are and why they should never be allowed anywhere near disaster areas or anyone in need. One is one of the Bateses that AFIK doesn't have any training as a dentist, dental assistant or dental hygientist (Phillipines) and the other is John Douche making sure a Bahamian sees gun and tin badge

mediccorpshit1.PNG

JDin the bahamas.JPG

He looks like a fucking pretentious wanker try hard. I would be ducking mortified if I was friends with someone like this. I would tell them what a fucking knob they are and how inappropriate their gear is. Actually I wouldn’t be friends with someone like this. They would get arrested in Australia if they tried to look like a cop. Impersonation is illegal. Wankers. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

On 8/29/2021 at 3:27 PM, bal maiden said:

"deployed to" should read "we are deploying ourselves to". 

So I guess after a few days, there was nothing left for them to do in Haiti?

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

So I guess after a few days, there was nothing left for them to do in Haiti?

Chik Fil A probably wouldn’t deliver or Lawson ran out of hair products. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 18

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, JMO said:

Anyone know what was said in the announcement from JD/Nate? 

It was a monotonous sales pitch - patting themselves on the back about all the lives they’ve saved and now they are establishing emergency care system in the Philippines which they claim doesn’t have one ( I have no idea if that’s true). They want money to buy a helicopter to use for training the Philippines medics and their government will then buy their own. They also want 24 hour chaplains in the hospital. How these 2 barely educated lumps get to negotiate with international governments is beyond me, but they are pretty proud of themselves. 
in short- foreigners are useless, send us money to tell them how to run their health care system and preach our brand of Christianity.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

It was a monotonous sales pitch - patting themselves on the back about all the lives they’ve saved and now they are establishing emergency care system in the Philippines which they claim doesn’t have one ( I have no idea if that’s true). They want money to buy a helicopter to use for training the Philippines medics and their government will then buy their own. They also want 24 hour chaplains in the hospital. How these 2 barely educated lumps get to negotiate with international governments is beyond me, but they are pretty proud of themselves. 
in short- foreigners are useless, send us money to tell them how to run their health care system and preach our brand of Christianity.

This is getting uncomfortably close to my professional life (I study EMS systems and their impact on public health). The Philippine EMS system is a largely unregulated patchwork. Lots of private ambulance services, which is fairly standard for low and middle income countries. As a nation, they probably would benefit from a more structured system and outside consultation to get there, but the Duggars and Bates have no clue how to make that happen.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 6

All of these folks are great examples of fake it til you make it. I’m guessing their dads were bathing them in the message that their way was the best way, and that they were smarter, better and more deserving than everyone else on the planet. Narcissism and entitlement all rolled into one unappealing package. 
In terms of the world outside their families’ compounds, what has any of these folks earned or achieved? 

• Upvote 12

• 3 weeks later...

Per Tiffany's insta Medicorps is heading to KY today to "help."

Wonder if JD will be going as well.  Might be kinda awkward and I doubt their handlers at UP would be thrilled about Duggar interaction atm.

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2

JD is a director of Medic corps so they’re not getting rid of him easily. 
If he and Lawson go there with their cop badges and guns I hope someone tells them to back off.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

OMG that's the last thing those poor folks need, the Duggars and bates coming in and "helping." 

You know what would be great?  If some of these people got actual jobs.  If there is one thing I've learned in having to earn a living is that it really cuts down the ability to travel on a whim.

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

JD is a director of Medic corps so they’re not getting rid of him easily. 
If he and Lawson go there with their cop badges and guns I hope someone tells them to back off.

If he gets arrested for impersonating authorized personnel the joke about the Duggars getting charges in birth order will explode!

• Upvote 26
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

In their grift video for giving Tuesday JD was talking up their involvement in government backed projects in the Philippines- whatever he was doing for a living ( I don’t think he was an actual commercial pilot was he? Just the Duggar air taxi) he seems to have an awful lot of spare time. I presume he gets paid as director of medic corps and they pay for the upkeep of his aircraft.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

In their grift video for giving Tuesday JD was talking up their involvement in government backed projects in the Philippines- whatever he was doing for a living ( I don’t think he was an actual commercial pilot was he? Just the Duggar air taxi) he seems to have an awful lot of spare time. I presume he gets paid as director of medic corps and they pay for the upkeep of his aircraft.

Is it registered as a non-profit?  If so, don't nps have to publish their financial info including salaries of staff?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

OMG that's the last thing those poor folks need, the Duggars and bates coming in and "helping." 

I always said that if we got hit by a tornado or some other disaster, these folks are on the list to just say "no" to along with sketchy contractors, though one poster here reminded me that both sketchy sorts can come from the same camp.

Seriously I wonder how much they are able to "help" at least here in the US.   A few years ago a tornado paid a visit to my area, no injuries / deaths relatively minor damage but the areas affected were sealed off and you could not go in there.  I wonder if they are not always allowed in though a more serious disaster event is more chaotic so they can slip through.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Seriously I wonder how much they are able to "help" at least here in the US. 

My take: These jack wagons want to be at the top of the assistance pyramid, directing others.  There interest in getting their hands really dirty is probably zip. 

If they were truly legit, they would be a registered not for profit,  would know the entities in charge of directing services  and organizing and disbursing supplies (FEMA, Red Cross and others) and have specific services or specific supplies to offer.   For example:

• mobile food kitchen, stocked and ready to go where directed
  • certification as a first responder (EMT, EMS certification)
  • search and rescue dogs trained to locate those who are buried under debris, or (sadly) cadaver dogs
  • It seems that those who are trained to respond during earthquakes would be most helpful, because of the number of people likely to be trapped under debris
  • experienced chain saw operators to clear trees from secondary roads and drive ways
  • experienced heavy equipment operators with heavy equipment to move debris

Professional first responders don't need random people with large egos parachuting in because you can end up with too much in the way of supplies in one area when it's really needed somewhere else and people trying to help with zero awareness of hidden dangers (downed power lines, unstable trees, unstable structures and other incredibly dangerous factors) who then become casualties needing assistance.   If they have no EMS, EMT, other first responder training, they may try to extricate injured people from debris and injure them further. 

There are a bazillion local entities (churches, fire departments, hospitals, LE, local search and rescue, local first responders) who are taking care of a lot of needs.  The local entities can purchase supplies from local businesses, helping to keep the local economy afloat. 

Anyway, f**k those guys, their fake badges and patches, and the inflated egos they rode in on.  I find them insanely annoying. 

• Upvote 22

• Coconut Flan locked this topic