IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

23 minutes ago, patsymae said:

s there really an organization called Mediccorps or Medicorps? I can’t find anything about it. I do see a website for International Medical Corps which appears legit, but I’m not actually sure.

That's all I can find too, although I sort of remember seeing something before (I'm old and decript, though.) I"m thinking maybe Medicorps is a nickname/shorthand, or at least the Duggars hope that's what people will think their organization is.

It's the international medical corps, a legit organisation, which the phonies are close to in name. Probably deliberately.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Never heard of this, but I'm interested if you wanted to share more!

Altogether you sing  the chorus "I was saved on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday!" etc. Somehow (don't remember specifics) it becomes your turn to say the day you were saved, then the chorus, then next person's turn.

I went to a men's choir concert at a conservative church years ago. Foolishly I agreed to go to the basement for refreshments and ended up pinned against the wall by a woman who wanted to know the day and hour I was saved. 

So apparently being able to recite the day and hour you were saved is a requisite in some fiundie circles.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thank You 1

On 3/23/2022 at 12:44 AM, Inky said:

Good question - first hit I got was a company in the Netherlands that offers covid tests among other things. Epidemic outbreak control. There's nothing pops up about Medicorps from the 1970's. It may be defunct. There is an international medical corps that pops up. 

Yikes! We've misjudged them.....Nah - not going to give them a pass yet. But good catch. 

Haha yes, I see the office from this company from my workplace and the first time it popped up last year I was like 😲

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 2

On 3/14/2022 at 5:30 PM, Idlewild said:

@SassyPants how the young’uns laugh at our tales of having to pay a typist to type our dissertation and thesis!! 

My two cannot believe that their Grandma typed Mr GS’s thesis back in the dinosaur days of 1982.  They look totally amazed when he tells them he wrote umpteen thousand words  BY HAND. 😅😜.  Pure amazement and disbelief. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

25 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

My two cannot believe that their Grandma typed Mr GS’s thesis back in the dinosaur days of 1982.  They look totally amazed when he tells them he wrote umpteen thousand words  BY HAND. 😅😜.  Pure amazement and disbelief. 

Isn’t it amazing how skills work generationally? My GD was in Kindergarten when Covid hit. Since her school was virtual only during her first grade, my daughter took a leave from her job (education) and homeschooled by a more traditional method. This year, my GD returned to her original school, and d/t Covid spikes, school has been virtual at times. My GD is way behind on tech skills as compared to classmates who attended virtual school in first grade, yet her fine motor skills and ability to complete work on paper, mainly handwriting and written work, is far ahead of the kids who are used to always working on a computer. I was helping her with virtual school and one time she asked the teacher, what are all these chat messages? The other kids were just talking to one another in the chat, busted. LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

The only pic I've seen is the one where Nathan posted about friends bringing supplies "knowing this trip may be their last." I have no idea what anything looks like over there so don't know if they were in an emptied out part of Kyev or a suburb or a nearby border town or whatever, but what I did see is what looks like a standard-size van or SUV with only a couple of boxes and a lot of empty space in it. Can't even fill up that relatively small vehicle to capacity? 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, patsymae said:

The only pic I've seen is the one where Nathan posted about friends bringing supplies "knowing this trip may be their last." I have no idea what anything looks like over there so don't know if they were in an emptied out part of Kyev or a suburb or a nearby border town or whatever, but what I did see is what looks like a standard-size van or SUV with only a couple of boxes and a lot of empty space in it. Can't even fill up that relatively small vehicle to capacity? 

In his video he only refers to one vehicle: 

• Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

In a snark site on FB someone posted a pic of Urkrainian refugees arriving in Poland "being pestered by preachers from the U.S." What are the odds? I'm hoping he returned to the US at the request of the management.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2

Every time I see that spotless red jacket, I can only think it makes him a great target.  It just does not seem to be the best idea to be wearing it. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

So I can't find anything including on the Bates family blog about when the valiant rescuers came back from Ukraine, or why, or what they think the accomplished there. Has anyone seen any updates? Or are they just letting it die?

• Upvote 7

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

When is MedicCorps going to show up in Kentucky?

Not exotic or exciting enough

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Right? However, it kind of scares me that I thought of that.:pb_lol:

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Not exotic or exciting enough

For which the people of Kentucky are very grateful 

• Upvote 6

On 7/29/2022 at 6:36 PM, JDuggs said:

Kentucky already has a lot of the right kind of Christians. Plus, probably, a couple of young white guys carrying guns and tin badges aren't likely to intimidate the locals.

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

Masbia, a Brooklyn-based, Hassidic-run relief organization that began as a couple of soup kitchens, is in Kentucky providing relief.

I guess if Mediccorps showed up they'd have to work alongside guys who look like this and aren't interested in being preached to by Duggerlings.

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/masbia-relief-team-kentucky-floods/video_765510fe-e0a4-5314-9af0-a79442c3c91a.html

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:32 PM, patsymae said:

Masbia, a Brooklyn-based, Hassidic-run relief organization that began as a couple of soup kitchens, is in Kentucky providing relief.

I guess if Mediccorps showed up they'd have to work alongside guys who look like this and aren't interested in being preached to by Duggerlings.

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/masbia-relief-team-kentucky-floods/video_765510fe-e0a4-5314-9af0-a79442c3c91a.html

They fetishize Jews a bit, they might be okay with it. Muslims on the other hand….

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

Hurricane Fiona is hammering Turks and Caicos.  Guess Nathan will be there next.  I love the Turks wonderful beaches and people there.  They don't deserve assholes like the Bates and Duggars showing up to eat Chick-fil-A and being a pain in the ass.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Hurricane Fiona is hammering Turks and Caicos.  Guess Nathan will be there next.  I love the Turks wonderful beaches and people there.  They don't deserve assholes like the Bates and Duggars showing up to eat Chick-fil-A and being a pain in the ass.

They don't have the balls to go to Puerto Rico where Fiona completely wrecked the island's infrastructure.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, marmalade said:

They don't have the balls to go to Puerto Rico where Fiona completely wrecked the island's infrastructure.

Yes, the electrical grid failed on the entire island. 

Of course, they're useless and high maintenance no matter where they go, so...

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

On 3/23/2022 at 9:14 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Altogether you sing  the chorus "I was saved on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday!" etc. Somehow (don't remember specifics) it becomes your turn to say the day you were saved, then the chorus, then next person's turn.

I went to a men's choir concert at a conservative church years ago. Foolishly I agreed to go to the basement for refreshments and ended up pinned against the wall by a woman who wanted to know the day and hour I was saved. 

So apparently being able to recite the day and hour you were saved is a requisite in some fiundie circles.

I remember visiting a church where people competed to have the most sin pre-saving and the youngest age being saved. It was at that moment that I decided after selling drugs and prostituting myself I accepted God at 6 weeks gestational age. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

26 minutes ago, marmalade said:

So, do we think MedicCrap will head to Florida later this week? It's friendly territory for those clowns. 

And .. there's Chick-fil-A!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, marmalade said:

So, do we think MedicCrap will head to Florida later this week? It's friendly territory for those clowns. 

Fundie friend Elijah is in FL right now. So maybe they already headed over? Elijah is always with the Duggars or Wissmanns. 

Please no. Unless they're doing actual tree removal work with their mouths shut, I'd prefer them not be within several hundred miles of me, please. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic