IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

This might sound naive but Ive always been told that you when you give, you can not ultimately be hung up on where your donation will land…of course no one wants to give money that might end up causing harm, and certainly no one wants to be swindled. 

Sorry, but just because you’ve always been told that does not make it true. I most definitely am not that naive. I will not mindlessly give, simply hoping the money helps someone somewhere. When I take a trunk full of groceries to the homeless shelter, I know where that donation is going. Same when I donate money to our local food pantry. When I drop coats off for an October coat drive to a local organization, I know local kids are getting the coats. Same with the donation for Christmas toys the police buy. Btw, I give a check to the police dept. It is marked what it is for and must be deposited to that account. They will take donated gift cards, but that is simply too easy for anyone to slip in their pocket. I see where the money goes because there’s always a story in the paper before Christmas about the large number of kids who benefit from the toys, and I get a thank you card in the mail.

There’s no reason not to know how your donation is distributed. Organizations like Charity Navigator, billed as the world's largest and most trusted nonprofit evaluator, give insight to larger charities as to how their monies are allocated. I want my money spent on what I donate it for, not for things like five star hotel rooms for charity leaders. 

I didn’t start out being so aware. Over time, I watched local organizations, including one that I previously was president of, have large amounts of money stolen. I could tell you stories. Very upsetting. hadda wise up.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, Cam said:

Sorry, but just because you’ve always been told that does not make it true. I most definitely am not that naive. I will not mindlessly give, simply hoping the money helps someone somewhere. When I take a trunk full of groceries to the homeless shelter, I know where that donation is going. Same when I donate money to our local food pantry. When I drop coats off for an October coat drive to a local organization, I know local kids are getting the coats. Same with the donation for Christmas toys the police buy. Btw, I give a check to the police dept. It is marked what it is for and must be deposited to that account. They will take donated gift cards, but that is simply too easy for anyone to slip in their pocket. I see where the money goes because there’s always a story in the paper before Christmas about the large number of kids who benefit from the toys, and I get a thank you card in the mail.

There’s no reason not to know how your donation is distributed. Organizations like Charity Navigator, billed as the world's largest and most trusted nonprofit evaluator, give insight to larger charities as to how their monies are allocated. I want my money spent on what I donate it for, not for things like five star hotel rooms for charity leaders. 

I didn’t start out being so aware. Over time, I watched local organizations, including one that I previously was president of, have large amounts of money stolen. I could tell you stories. Very upsetting. hadda wise up.

Like I said, if I have it give, I give it freely. My only concern is if my donation might end up harming someone. Of course malfeasance is always possible as with anything you partake in - It sucks that so many bright, capable people feel like they need to swindle or take advantage of others, when they are perfectly capable of legally earning a decent living. Sometimes human beings just suck-

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Back to Mediccrap, I saw a picture of JD helping rescue an older woman in the chopper. Also a pic of Jana in a house. 

So, they're there in some capacity, and people are letting them do stuff.

• Upvote 3

Ugggh. Imagine my dismay this weekend when I opened up my WORK email and saw in Axios a glowing piece about a Mediocre (I'm sticking with this name for now on) helicopter rescue of a lady and her cats. 

And here's an AP video showing them (at the very end of the video): 

They

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

I hope that when this thread fills up and a new one is started, that Mediocre makes the cut as the title! I laugh every time I see it! Such a perfect auto-correct. 

• Upvote 13

On 10/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, SassyPants said:

Like I said, if I have it give, I give it freely. My only concern is if my donation might end up harming someone. Of course malfeasance is always possible as with anything you partake in - It sucks that so many bright, capable people feel like they need to swindle or take advantage of others, when they are perfectly capable of legally earning a decent living. Sometimes human beings just suck-

This. I also depend on Charity Watch (right name) and try to ensure my donations go to a reputable place. But out mantra has been local, regional and world, and that's what we do. Not putting down other people's choices--there's certainly enough need to go around.

But I've also seen staff at century-old, "reputatble" charities go through clothing donations and take the best for themselves, etc., and I'm sure a ton of stuff falls off trucks.

My mom told me to give in good faith and if somebody steals, it's on them. She seldom said anything that made sense but I'm willing to go along with her on that one.

• Upvote 2

Aside from some faith based donations that I make, the #1 place/thing I donate to  is The American Red Cross, and the item given is blood or platelets. There is always a need and IMO this is the most selfless donation I can make. It’s so easy and if you’re a candidate, just do it!

• Upvote 2

Some of the overview photos I've seen online of the magnitude of the destruction from Ian is simply staggering -- hundreds of homes off their foundations with timber mixed with peoples' possessions mixed with cars mixed up with sailboats in a slurry of sewage.  I literally can't comprehend how one goes about starting cleanup. Maybe bulldozers creating massive burn piles, toxic smoke be damned?  

Whatever it is, I can't imagine MediocreCorp getting their hands dirty.  Glam rescues more their thing?

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2022 at 2:21 PM, SassyPants said:

This might sound naive but Ive always been told that you when you give, you can not ultimately be hung up on where your donation will land…of course no one wants to give money that might end up causing harm, and certainly no one wants to be swindled. 

I also despise when those asking for help specifying to send cash only. Yes, I know no one in south FL needs a ski parka, but requesting $$$ only comes off sounding so grabby-

It is because of the bolded that I am very thoughtful about which organizations I give my donations.

After I give it, then yes, I let it go.

But I am very discerning before I give.

The idea of giving freely without concern for outcome is preached heavily in many religious communities (not just conservative Christian) and it is one of those beliefs that is partially true. Yes, it's true that it's neither realistic nor healthy to control a gift, and attempting to control makes it something other than a gift. But that kind of teaching and belief is also a huge red flag to me because it is often shouted by the very people who have reasons for why they don't want close scrutiny. Teaching people to give up control of their money is a control tactic in and of itself.

• Upvote 4

I definitely want to know where my gift is going so I donate to very specific causes.  My uncle-in-law worked for the Red Cross.  After being around him, they'll never get a dime from me.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, noseybutt said:

But I am very discerning before I give.

The idea of giving freely without concern for outcome is preached heavily in many religious communities (not just conservative Christian) and it is one of those beliefs that is partially true. Yes, it's true that it's neither realistic nor healthy to control a gift, and attempting to control makes it something other than a gift. But that kind of teaching and belief is also a huge red flag to me because it is often shouted by the very people who have reasons for why they don't want close scrutiny. Teaching people to give up control of their money is a control tactic in and of itself.

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I definitely want to know where my gift is going so I donate to very specific causes.  My uncle-in-law worked for the Red Cross.  After being around him, they'll never get a dime from me.  

Exactly. People and organizations need to be held accountable. 

• 1 month later...

Tannen Millsap is one of the Medicorp Housewives of NW Arkansas and she recently made a post wishing her 4 year old happy birthday. And the poor girl is covered in chicken pox. I will never understand these anti-Vaxxers. If my kid can avoid an illness with a vaccine, he’s getting it. Just that simple 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

I got adult chicken pox (never vaxxed was not around when I was young) adults get it worse I know but the vaxxed little kids that gave it to me. Got 6 spots between them. I know what I would rather have had. As a kid or an adult. The vaxxed version of chicken pox. Any adult out there not vaxxed go and get vaxxed man. Soooooo sick one of the sickest times of my life… 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I got adult chicken pox (never vaxxed was not around when I was young) adults get it worse I know but the vaxxed little kids that gave it to me. Got 6 spots between them. I know what I would rather have had. As a kid or an adult. The vaxxed version of chicken pox. Any adult out there not vaxxed go and get vaxxed man. Soooooo sick one of the sickest times of my life… 

So sorry! My husband also had it as an adult twenty years ago. He assumed he had it as a child which was incorrect. Caught it from our vaxxed kids who got it anyway. He was miserable. The only thing I remember were the pox on his bald head.

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

So sorry! My husband also had it as an adult twenty years ago. He assumed he had it as a child which was incorrect. Caught it from our vaxxed kids who got it anyway. He was miserable. The only thing I remember were the pox on his bald head.

Mine got infected and they all turned green. I looked like a swamp monster and I was covered in them head to toe. 
apparently men get it worst as an adult 

• Upvote 2

Did they add to the Real Housewives? Abbie’s younger sister is now in the group? Maybe it will just be getting bigger and bigger 🙄

7E2ED1D3-3357-4B56-9657-0E8EA9F7AFC7.jpeg
Just noticed Tannen Millsap is missing. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 2

46 minutes ago, xenobia said:

So I recognize Abbie, Joy and Katey. But the other four? 

Esther Bates, Hannah, Katey, Abbie Duggar, Joy Anna, Gabrielle Patton,  and Abbie’s sister. Who I think might be Maggie but she has a twin. So it could be Carina. They are identical twins and still look quite a bit alike. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Maybe Abbie's sister was just visiting. She doesn't have a mug. Are the twins married? 

Yes both are married. One is childless and one is not. 

• Upvote 2

Should have asked this with my last post, but it didn't occur to me until later. 

Do either of the sisters live in AR like the rest of the Real Housewives? 

7 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Should have asked this with my last post, but it didn't occur to me until later. 

Do either of the sisters live in AR like the rest of the Real Housewives? 

I’m not sure where either of the twins live. 

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Mine got infected and they all turned green. I looked like a swamp monster and I was covered in them head to toe. 
apparently men get it worst as an adult 

I never had it as a child but when I was 21 or 22 it got me. I had been out at the mall trying on clothes all day, came home and noticed a bump on my back. My mother took one look at it and sure enough it was CP. I didn't get it too bad and even though some were green, I don't remember them being infected. 

My son had it while on visiting family in the Dominican Republic. He was so upset. I remember coming downstairs one morning and  he was taping paper on  his skin to hide how "ugly" he looked. I remember someone mentioned spraying him with starch that you use for laundry. It kept him from itching. We also went to the beach and my mom said the salt water would help. He dried up pretty fast I have to say. She was a big proponent that sea water solved everything. 

• Upvote 4

On 12/2/2022 at 10:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Tannen Millsap is one of the Medicorp Housewives of NW Arkansas and she recently made a post wishing her 4 year old happy birthday. And the poor girl is covered in chicken pox. I will never understand these anti-Vaxxers. If my kid can avoid an illness with a vaccine, he’s getting it. Just that simple 

So on top of all the other bullshit, the Medic Corps people who are going into undeveloped countries, disaster areas and supposedly war zones (although I'm pretty sure they got spooked about that one) are ANTI-VAX?

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic