IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

24 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20200605-182827.png.52a6c8aee0b6e5b6d439776505a1aa98.png

I posted this to my Instagram story (hoping some family members would see it and have an "Aha!" moment about white silence) and the Morton, who apparently is following me now, responded with ?.

Words fail me...

(Don't worry, they also sent me the MLM sales pitch. Blocking them.)

Vomit. Making money off of pyramid schemes is hard. Being a racist makes it even harder. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

As expected, most of her "joiners" are family. How do any of them expect to make money when whatever the latest scheme is, they all do it together? 

It makes me think of Schitt's Creek. Moira gets an MLM starter pack from a "friend" and she & David host a "party" to sell the stuff. They invite all the women of Schitt's Creek. Turns out, every one of those women has been there, done that as they say "I'm a district manager", "I'm a regional manager", "I'm a star consultant" - - on and on. It so clearly defines MLM's, that scene should be in a dictionary. 

How did the Plexus stuff pan out for Martha? I haven't seen her post about it in a while. Katie was doing it too, wasn't she? Campbell was doing super, duper magic face cream. 

MLM's have a market, that's for sure. Fundie women who don't work outside the home but apparently need to pretend they're working/making money. Doing it for real is ungodly, but shilling crap online is righteous.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 11

Back in our homeschool days, a lot of moms were into MLMs. Thankfully for me, I was always a little bit of an outsider so I never had to find excuses to avoid the “parties” (I’m terrible at saying no). Nail wraps, stupid handbags, “Christian” sex toys, overpriced cookware, etc, etc, etc. They all sold to each other, over and over again.

Im still connected with a few of them on social media, and they’re all still at it, albeit with different companies now. Ugh.

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Jasmar said:

“Christian” sex toys

Okay, now you HAVE to elaborate! :omg:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I was never invited (thank goodness!), so the only thing I know about for sure is penis lipstick. The homeschool moms were giggling over it like tweens! 

I thought it was stupid, and I have a terrible poker face. Probably why I was never invited ?

• Haha 5

Martha made an insta post showing how they got a new puppy. 

Aren't there already enough dogs on the compound? IIRC Campbell and John and Keni and Andrew are even breeding their dogs. I just don't get it and feel bad for those poor animals.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Martha made an insta post showing how they got a new puppy. 

Aren't there already enough dogs on the compound? IIRC Campbell and John and Keni and Andrew are even breeding their dogs. I just don't get it and feel bad for those poor animals.

Martha was in on the original dog breeding effort. She had a post up a month or so ago about how sad Zandry was over the last of the last crop of puppies being adopted.  I assume her "pink drink" shilling hasn't been working out, so she's back to exploiting animals to make quick craigslist puppy money.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I feel like Martha is probably looking for things to do since Xandry is getting bigger and she probably expected to have more babies by now to birthe and care for and is a bit aimless. 

While I feel sad for them, it is sort of interesting to watch Martha and Michaela Bates grapple with infertility in their culture. I genuinely wonder what goes through their minds and whether it ever causes them to have second thoughts about the way they were raised.

Edited by FrumpyAtheist
  • Upvote 4

According to Addie's latest post the puppy breeding was a joint venture between her and Marth and while she was stranded in Paraguay Martha ran the business on her own. 

• Upvote 2

The other day Campbell posted an IG story that showed her and John drinking wine. Is this is the first time we've actually seen alcohol consumption on the Morton compound? Also, guess she's not pregnant.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The other day Campbell posted an IG story that showed her and John drinking wine. Is this is the first time we've actually seen alcohol consumption on the Morton compound? Also, guess she's not pregnant.

Didn’t some of the VFers drink wine sometimes? Or am I thinking of the Calvinists?

• Upvote 4

Wow actual wine and not sparkling juice or something in a wine glass? That really would be news for this teetotal crew. And I have no idea about VF and wine.

If they were drinking wine that strengthens our conspiracy theories that Campbell might actually be using some sort of birth control.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Didn’t some of the VFers drink wine sometimes? Or am I thinking of the Calvinists?

Campbell and her siblings have mentioned drinking wine before. I think the VFers are generally okay with it.

• Upvote 2

There is precisely a zero percent chance that Campbell would consciously avoid alcohol due to pregnancy.

Things that we know for sure that pregnant Mortons do:

* Qualify for scuba certification

* Drive without seatbelts

* Eat "wild" game that was processed on the kitchen table

* Live in a homemade tent during and after a hurricane

* Emigrate to a third-world country

* Intentionally give birth at home despite known risks, previous birth trauma, fetal distress, and against the advice of a midwife.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

There is precisely a zero percent chance that Campbell would consciously avoid alcohol due to pregnancy.

Things that we know for sure that pregnant Mortons do:

* Qualify for scuba certification

* Drive without seatbelts

* Eat "wild" game that was processed on the kitchen table

* Live in a homemade tent during and after a hurricane

* Emigrate to a third-world country

* Intentionally give birth at home despite known risks, previous birth trauma, fetal distress, and against the advice of a midwife.

To add to this, she could also claim that a glass of wine every now and then is fine for pregnant women since some doctors do tell their patients that that’s okay. I doubt she’s on birth control. I think she’s just not as fertile as the people around her are or that she’s not really actively trying to have a kid. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

My understanding is the VF crowd has always been more tolerant of a glass of wine. Doug Phillips liked to go for a more sophisticated air and well we know how much  Spanky Sproul drinks. 

• Upvote 4

Dorothy is past 38 weeks now, and Martha's IG story suggests that they're waiting for her to go into labor spontaneously. She did say "any day now," but is this a cause for concern? 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, albireo said:

Dorothy is past 38 weeks now, and Martha's IG story suggests that they're waiting for her to go into labor spontaneously. She did say "any day now," but is this a cause for concern? 

Don't know the circumstances, but it's not necessarily a concern if Dorothy is under competent medical-midwife care where the providers are able to monitor maternal & fetal health regularly AND accurately.

If she isn't under such care, that's very worrisome. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I believe several years ago Addie posted about making cordials. I'm not surprised if they drink an occasional glass of wine. And I definitely wouldn't be surprised if she'd even have a glass while preggo. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2020 at 2:50 PM, hoipolloi said:

Don't know the circumstances, but it's not necessarily a concern if Dorothy is under competent medical-midwife care where the providers are able to monitor maternal & fetal health regularly AND accurately.

If she isn't under such care, that's very worrisome. 

I'm not an expert on twins, but I remember from Kristina's blog (the one with the Wendy's engagement) that with her twins, she was told to expect them as early as 34 weeks because this is "average" (she made it past 38 weeks and was promptly induced - one thing about Kristina, as much as we liked to snark on her in her earlier days, she did go for solid medical care.) Also I have a friend who had twins, and when her BP spiked at week 34 the doctor wanted to induce and deliver on the spot, but relented to allow her to quit her job and go on bed rest to let them bake a couple more weeks. I don't remember exactly when they WERE born, just not quite as early as initially thought.

If Dorothy isn't under the care of a REAL midwife (the kind that's actually a nurse) or better yet, an OB, I'm very concerned. Especially if she's past 38 weeks and nobody seems worried that they're not here yet. This isn't the type of birth I'd want to attempt in my bedroom.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, llg1234 said:

@SolomonFundyPlease don't call countries "third world."

I've never encountered any discussion of this being a pejorative term, so I googled it. Apparently, it's declining in use academically in the West in favor of the terms "developing countries/nations" and "lesser-developed countries/nations". Globally, it is still used in academia and media, and particularly in Central and South American media, is heavily favored ("Tercer Mundo", with an adjective derived from the term, "tercermundista"). Since I live in a geographical location that is embracing the term "developing nations", I'll probably use that variation going forward.

Thank you for pointing out my error! I always appreciate an opportunity to learn something new, and It's important to me to utilize the most appropriate terms when discussing something potentially sensitive.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I've never encountered any discussion of this being a pejorative term, so I googled it. Apparently, it's declining in use academically in the West in favor of the terms "developing countries/nations" and "lesser-developed countries/nations". Globally, it is still used in academia and media, and particularly in Central and South American media, is heavily favored ("Tercer Mundo", with an adjective derived from the term, "tercermundista"). Since I live in a geographical location that is embracing the term "developing nations", I'll probably use that variation going forward.

Thank you for pointing out my error! I always appreciate an opportunity to learn something new, and It's important to me to utilize the most appropriate terms when discussing something potentially sensitive.

Sorry, I should have expanded on my comment originally. I've seen "third world" thrown around a lot lately, and besides what you said you in your post, the term also annoys me because it technically is not an indicator of a country's economic status. First, second, and third world were used to describe political alliances during the Cold War. 1st world was part of the Western Bloc (US and allies), 2nd was the Eastern Bloc (USSR/China and allies), and 3rd was countries that remained impartial. This made Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, etc technically third world. Most of the these non-aligned countries were poorer/still developing, so it was often used to refer to developing nations in general. :soapbox:

Update from Noah: https://www.harvie.farm/happenings/rora-valley-farms/15750/potatoes-this-week-and-no-twins-yet

He and Dorothy are staying in Birmingham awaiting the twins' arrival, which implies to me that she's getting actual medical care. Phew. I wonder if the June 25th date from the registry is a scheduled induction/section date rather than a 40-week due date.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, albireo said:

I wonder if the June 25th date from the registry is a scheduled induction/section date rather than a 40-week due date.

The blog post implies a bit of uncertainty over the arrival date of the twins -- "We will let you know if the babies arrive and we have to adjust the delivery day" -- but I agree that it sounds like Dorothy is under medical supervision of some kind, which is good.

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic