IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

I think Nora may be potty trained, or at least starting the process. She didn't appear to be wearing a diaper in the last few family insta-stories. The Mortons seem to potty train pretty early compared to their contemporaries. Possibly because there's always a million people at home to expedite the process.

• Upvote 3

The Pearls used to boast about infant potty training.

Not sure if this spread to other fundies like the S'Mortons.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just thought of something. My kids didn’t potty train until they were close to 4. That means Alyssa could have 4 in diapers right now. But let’s be real. Fundies potty train early because they have kids back to back. I’m sure her oldest is potty trained. And possibly her second. 

I don't remember who - maybe Nick? had a video up of Alyssa's girls worshipping their newborn brother and at least the second one was still in diapers. I don't remember her name because it starts with a V and at the same timeframe, Kennedy & Kressant named their girls with a V name. Anyway, that one definitely had a diaper on. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I don't remember who - maybe Nick? had a video up of Alyssa's girls worshipping their newborn brother and at least the second one was still in diapers. I don't remember her name because it starts with a V and at the same timeframe, Kennedy & Kressant named their girls with a V name. Anyway, that one definitely had a diaper on. 

So they only have 3 in diapers and one who likely has to got to the potty every hour. Sounds like fun to me....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

To be honest, Alyssa's life looks like hell to me. Having a baby after baby after baby after baby in what? 3 or 4 years? No education to mention about, doing endless laundry, cooking, child rearing, diaper changing, tantrum dealing,  no time at all for own interests except abortion rallies, being joyfully available any time her husband wants it, pretty much nothing else to look forward to for the next 20 years... not to mention starting to "homeschool"!  This is the life for many other fundies, too, but somehow Alyssa has been moving at top speed since her wedding day. I don't feel sorry for her, she chose this for herself, and as an adult still chooses to harass other women at those OSA rallies, even when her own life is pretty damn strong evidence for pro birth control! Just thinking about her life makes me depressed.

As annoying and immature as John and Campbell are, at least they have gotten some more time to know each other without getting pregnant immediately, whether it's deliberate or not. They have had time to establish themselves as a couple, to build a home together, and experience things together that aren't possible if you change from engagement to parenthood in less than a month. I hope, probably in vain, that they have been able to build some solid ground under their feet before the inevitable Mortonesque breeding begins.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

To be honest, Alyssa's life looks like hell to me. Having a baby after baby after baby after baby in what? 3 or 4 years?

I couldn't agree more! She has not even been married four years and she has four kids. Their 4th anniversary isn't until the end of this month. Her oldest child is three years & 3 months. Her youngest, mere days. With two more in between. 

To me, that is the epitome of hell. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Kennedy posted stories skiing. She gave birth only a little over 2 weeks ago. Aren’t people supposed to refrain from this sort of thing after birth? I’ve never been pregnant but I would guess the weeks after birth the body would’nt be ready for that yet. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Kennedy posted stories skiing. She gave birth only a little over 2 weeks ago. Aren’t people supposed to refrain from this sort of thing after birth? I’ve never been pregnant but I would guess the weeks after birth the body would’nt be ready for that yet. 

Didn’t she go scuba diving when she was in her first trimester? And she lets her kids out of their car seats when they are driving on the highway. I don’t think they care much about safety.

• Upvote 5

Remember when Kelly Bradrick was gallivanting across Europe right after giving birth and they went out of their way to hide the fact that she almost bled to death? I think the Mortons have the same view of women as Bradrick! did (and the whole VF shitshow). Birth is not something to slow you down. Pop the kid out, get up, make dinner, and do it all with a smile. You are a woman and birthing is your duty and you need to be happy about it and still take care of everyone and do everything you've always ever done. 

I don't think they are very into preventing issues, health or otherwise. Their god does that. They just go on their merry way. I am sure Kennedy believes she is just out skiing and having fun and she's fine and no one forced her and blah, blah, blah. But, she was trained from day one as to her duties and responsibilities and surrendering to some god. 

As said, she doesn't believe in car seats. I don't know that she went diving while pregnant - at least not knowingly. She did say "he" dove, she didn't.  I think she was diving before she knew she was knocked up - when she got certified? maybe? But at least she had the smarts to stay above water while gestating. But, that's a different thing too. Protect that fetus at all costs! Once it's born, it is apparently on it's own if a car slams into the one she is standing in, but dammit, bring forth that child! 

It's all kind of mind numbingly stupid. Daddy Morton was almost 100% blocked. By the looks of him, he didn't give much thought to what he consumed. But, he happily accepted medical help when he'd done all the damage he could. That is basically the mindset I think Kennedy (and all of 'em) have.  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

The idea of four kids in less than four years of marriage makes my uterus cower in fear.

And yeah, skiing just two weeks after birth sounds crazytown. Even if you have a relatively easy birth with no (major) issues it’s still a physically exhausting process. I can’t imagine wanting to do that level of physical exercise so soon. Plus I wouldn’t want to leave a two-week-old baby for very long! Most women can barely squeeze a short shower in let alone get togged up in ski gear and whiz down a slope. 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Her oldest child is three years & 3 months. Her youngest, mere days. With two more in between. 

This really makes me realise her situation to it's full extent: FOUR births in THREE years! And no twins. There's nothing Godly about it, it's just sad, sad, SAD. You hear me, Alyssa???

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This really makes me realise her situation to it's full extent: FOUR births in THREE years! And no twins. There's nothing Godly about it, it's just sad, sad, SAD. You hear me, Alyssa???

I bring this up a lot but Jill Rod did this. She had her first 4 children in a span of 3 years and 2 months. Her first 5 children were born in a span of 4 years and 3 months. That’s probably why she’s so nuts, lol. Just imagine having 5 children ages 4, 3, 2, 1, and newborn. I would go crazy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 3/6/2020 at 6:08 PM, VBOY9977 said:

I envy her for being able to to that. I had a baby 5 weeks ago and I'm still bleeding. At 2 weeks postpartum, I was still in pain sitting down, boobs leaking all the time, and so sleep deprived I could barely drive, let alone ski. I honestly don't know how these women do it. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I envy her for being able to to that. I had a baby 5 weeks ago and I'm still bleeding. At 2 weeks postpartum, I was still in pain sitting down, boobs leaking all the time, and so sleep deprived I could barely drive, let alone ski. I honestly don't know how these women do it. 

Honestly I think like the PP said, she may just have to suck it up. Fundies often don’t allow their woman to be restful for long after birth. My friend went back to work too soon after her son was born and got an infection. Doing too much too soon can cause harm.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Don't envy her. Pity her. She is living a life where she cannot be what she is - a woman who just gave birth. A woman whose body is in an epic state of change. A woman who has to apparently deny all that and go skiing & play with her husband because that's probably what he wants and she is a woman who doesn't get to say "no, I just gave birth, I am bleeding, my breasts are leaking, we have a newborn who needs me and my milk, and I haven't slept in days'. 

• Upvote 15

I also think fundie women aren't allowed to rest for too long after giving birth, even when they're bleeding and their breasts are leaking all the time. I wouldn't be too surprised if Irish twins happen more in fundie families because the women are expected to be ready for their husbands as soon as possible after birth. Getting pregnant before the body has time to fully heal is risky, yet they're expected to fill those quivers for the fundie God.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I also think fundie women aren't allowed to rest for too long after giving birth, even when they're bleeding and their breasts are leaking all the time. I wouldn't be too surprised if Irish twins happen more in fundie families because the women are expected to be ready for their husbands as soon as possible after birth. 

Maybe some are like that but not all. The Duggars actually followed the Jewish tradition of waiting something like 4 weeks after a boy and 6 weeks after a girl was born. 

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Maybe some are like that but not all. The Duggars actually followed the Jewish tradition of waiting something like 4 weeks after a boy and 6 weeks after a girl was born. 

I hate that tradition.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate that tradition.

Yeah, it means that a woman isn’t “clean” after childbirth, and more so after having a girl than a boy. 

• Upvote 2

On a side note, whenever I see 'theocratic scum' in the thread title, my mind goes to scrotum. I think I need help.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Haha, so true. But as far as I know, Steve Maxwell is the only one who regularly bloviates about it.

• Upvote 6

Martha's Instagram story has something about "7 new cousins this year!" One, that's a freakish number. Two, someone is pregnant that we don't know about. I figure that "this year" could mean "in the past year," which would count Manuel, Alyssa Barry, Naida, Quentin, and maybe Lise's baby. That's 5, that won't work. Or it could count "in 2020" which would include Naida, Quentin, Lise's baby, and Dorothy's twins. That's still only 5. Either a Morton is pregnant and not saying, or both Alexander sisters are expecting again.

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic