IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

27 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Addie + Nick would be a really bad match for both. Other than politics, the 4 baby Morpanas, and a love for occasionally attempting (and failing) to complete a Whole30, they have nothing in common. I get the distinct impression that Nick intends to wait for marriage indefinitely. He seems really, really into his business. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a financial goal he is working towards (first million?) before he will consider taking a wife. 

I've never thought Addie would remain unmarried, but as time goes on, it seems more and more likely that she will end up with a recently widowed or divorced older partner with children. And her frequent long visits to Paraguay make me wonder if there isn't someone there whose attentions she is willing to entertain.

As for future Morton/Campana matches, I've carried a candle for an Edwin or Paul and Gracia match-up for a while. 

And I've always kind of thought (through nothing more than a wandering mind = nothing to back it up) that the extended & frequent trips to Paraguay serve to help keep her single and the always available "mom's helper" for all the mothers in her family with more kids than they can handle. If she's in Paraguay being a second mom to Kressand & Rachel's kids, she isn't looking for a man to take her away from them. 

Of course, who the heck knows why she's actually still single, what happened to her "special friend" from last year, why the Morontons ran off to Paraguay in the first place...

Outside the blatant speculation and moving onto "I don't get it but this would ruin it all..." bus... I can't imagine a man being interested in her over the tops 18th century British Literature way of saying (writing) things sprinkled with the baby talk. I just don't see that being appealing to anyone. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I can't imagine a man being interested in her over the tops 18th century British Literature way of saying (writing) things sprinkled with the baby talk. I just don't see that being appealing to anyone. 

I picture her with a reenactment dweeb. Like one of those VF dudes who were way into dress-up.

• Upvote 7

Captain Bret has been told by god to make more videos and post them. 

So, he created a video site, put up old, moronic videos, and one with lyrics to a song his rapist son wrote from prison.

And, of course his "dance" videos from various numbers of years ago. 

The hubris this man has is disturbing. I find it so hard to accept that there are people like him on the planet. 

I can't link from work - it's on his public Facebook. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

John Morton's IG story. Luckily he didn't post a winner. 

Screenshot_20200524-125313_Instagram.jpg

He posted this though ?

86D3CD13-29C6-4914-8111-21DB065D2C4D.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1

MAN GOOD.  WOMAN WHO NO FOLLOW MAN AND SHUT UP AND BE PREGNANT ALL THE TIME BAD.  GRUNT GRUNT GRUNT.  Fucking morons.

• Upvote 24

@VBOY9977 I just saw that. I had checked just before posting so he must have posted right after. That response is even worse than anticipated.  So gross. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, JMO said:

@VBOY9977 I just saw that. I had checked just before posting so he must have posted right after. That response is even worse than anticipated.  So gross. 

It is a total white, privileged fundie male response. He was going for it from the onset. 

Here's the good news. Most people don't really give a shit what a 20 year old fundie boy-man thinks. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

So Alan wasn't an example of toxic masculinity? Nor his father?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

He posted this though ?

86D3CD13-29C6-4914-8111-21DB065D2C4D.jpeg

yes there is

just look at this post

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

So Alan wasn't an example of toxic masculinity? Nor his father?

Exactly. They don't think that deep

• Upvote 6

John & Campbell went on a beach vacation with Andrew & Kennedy. John posted a pic on his IG story of him lying in a lawn chair and #toxicmasculinity splashed across him. 

Clearly, his maturity has remained just as low as it was before marriage. 

I would be embarrassed to have him as a son and humiliated to have him as a husband. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

32 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

John & Campbell went on a beach vacation with Andrew & Kennedy. John posted a pic on his IG story of him lying in a lawn chair and #toxicmasculinity splashed across him. 

Clearly, his maturity has remained just as low as it was before marriage. 

I would be embarrassed to have him as a son and humiliated to have him as a husband. 

I agree. He’s a man child. I’m so glad he doesn’t have any children.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

In keeping with my observation that Alyssa posts a very specific style of #aesthetic sibling portrait of her children (always posed on her white bedspread in coordinated muted clothing) the nanosecond after she conceives, I'm going to make a bold prediction that we are precisely 38-40 weeks away from Morpana #5. 

This may seem insane, and that's because it is. It's also entirely plausible. Sam the Second was born almost exactly 12 weeks ago. He's the only one of her children that WASN'T conceived within 12 weeks of the previous sibling. (She waited a wild n' crazy 24 weeks to get pregnant with him.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so glad he doesn’t have any children.

I agree but knowing the fecundity of the Morton's is anyone else as surprised as me that he doesn't already have a few arrows in his quiver? 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

In keeping with my observation that Alyssa posts a very specific style of #aesthetic sibling portrait of her children (always posed on her white bedspread in coordinated muted clothing) the nanosecond after she conceives, I'm going to make a bold prediction that we are precisely 38-40 weeks away from Morpana #5. 

This may seem insane, and that's because it is. It's also entirely plausible. Sam the Second was born almost exactly 12 weeks ago. He's the only one of her children that WASN'T conceived within 12 weeks of the previous sibling. (She waited a wild n' crazy 24 weeks to get pregnant with him.)

What’s interesting is that I think her second daughter is bigger than her first. Which isn’t surprising since Alyssa is so much smaller than her husband. Her first is all Campana and her second is all Morton. I guess that’s what happens when you have babies 12 months apart.

• Upvote 1

Has Alyssa changed her instagram? It used to be possible to view it but last time I tried to access it a message came up saying that the page was unavailable. Just wondering as I am fascinated /appalled/ incredulous at the speed of her pregnancies. She seems to be really happy, and maybe she is, but four children born in 3 years and two months is a phenomenal amount of hard work. I have know idea how she manages to feed, clothe, bathe, play with and just handle that number of small children all at once. The eldest, Norah, is probably already being trained as a sister mum; the poor little girl is only three years old. Do the Morton’s and their ilk actually value childhood as a time for children to be children and play without any responsibilities or is it all a numbers game/ competition and each couple strives to have more arrows? If that is the case I think it is really sad. 
Just a  thought, it is interesting that Campbell’s sister, Norah, has two girls close in age but seems to be taking a rest from producing babies. Hopefully she has chosen to enjoy the two that she has and will take a number of years before adding any more. She made some comment about it being lovely but hard work. Maybe that has influenced Campbell to wait a while before having kids. John is so young and immature that waiting several years could only be a good thing giving him a chance to grow up and her some time to save some money from her photography. Just musing on the Mortons... I don’t think the pastoral idyll that they portray is in anyway close to the reality of their lives. 

A Morton waiting to have babies would be a miracle. Well John definitely didn't save the first kiss for the wedding, so I guess there is still hope.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Angelface said:

Has Alyssa changed her instagram? It used to be possible to view it but last time I tried to access it a message came up saying that the page was unavailable. Just wondering as I am fascinated /appalled/ incredulous at the speed of her pregnancies. She seems to be really happy, and maybe she is, but four children born in 3 years and two months is a phenomenal amount of hard work. I have know idea how she manages to feed, clothe, bathe, play with and just handle that number of small children all at once. The eldest, Norah, is probably already being trained as a sister mum; the poor little girl is only three years old. Do the Morton’s and their ilk actually value childhood as a time for children to be children and play without any responsibilities or is it all a numbers game/ competition and each couple strives to have more arrows? If that is the case I think it is really sad. 
Just a  thought, it is interesting that Campbell’s sister, Norah, has two girls close in age but seems to be taking a rest from producing babies. Hopefully she has chosen to enjoy the two that she has and will take a number of years before adding any more. She made some comment about it being lovely but hard work. Maybe that has influenced Campbell to wait a while before having kids. John is so young and immature that waiting several years could only be a good thing giving him a chance to grow up and her some time to save some money from her photography. Just musing on the Mortons... I don’t think the pastoral idyll that they portray is in anyway close to the reality of their lives. 

The boys are definitely raised to enjoy their "boyhood". That is exactly why they are so very immature when they're married off in their teens. To this day, Martha & Adeline love to talk about "boyhood" and how the boys of family enjoy it. So, half the answer is "yes" - everyone is taught to value childhood for the boys. 

The girls, not so much. Who knows what they're being taught, other than to worship the penis, make the babies and cook dinner. 

• Upvote 9

55 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

@Angelface she changed her Instagram to Alyssamorton

It's alyssarmorton (Alyssa R Morton).

I'm starting to come around to the idea that J+C are waiting to have kids, probably influenced by her family, though @Tangy Bee I'd agree it's a miracle.

@SolomonFundy Good catch! She posted another photo like that a few weeks ago, though the colors weren't quite as in-line with her usual "I'm pregnant" aesthetic as this one. Let's remember that it was this time last year that she showed up on IG cradling a bump.

Edited by albireo
adding more comments
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, albireo said:

It's alyssarmorton (Alyssa R Morton).

I'm starting to come around to the idea that J+C are waiting to have kids, probably influenced by her family, though @Tangy Bee I'd agree it's a miracle.

@SolomonFundy Good catch! She posted another photo like that a few weeks ago, though the colors weren't quite as in-line with her usual "I'm pregnant" aesthetic as this one. Let's remember that it was this time last year that she showed up on IG cradling a bump.

We have to remember she’s a Roberts. And even though they have 12 kids, I don’t see her siblings being quiverful fundie. Her sister Norma made seem that last year that they were staying at 2 for the near future. That could change anytime but the fact that she had two in rapid succession and now none tells me they might be using some sort of family planning. Then there is the oldest brother who has been married since Feb 2019 and no blessings on the way. The Roberts family also seems to date instead of court. Therefore I think it’s totally possible Campbell has some influence on John in convincing him he doesn’t want a baby every single year like his brother. I’m not saying this is positively what’s happening. I just think it’s possible.

• Upvote 3

Campbell and John are odd ducks. Their house was set up for entertaining (which they seem to do a lot of), not a honeymoon litter. They both seem to enjoy their Waffle House dates, and their hobby jobs, and neither seems particularly engaged with the plethora of easily available nieces and nephews hanging around. Kennedy and Andrew are the two that remind me most of Campbell and John in terms of prioritizing a degree of "couple life" in spite of their family demands, and even so, they clearly went into marriage with the intention of immediately creating a large family. Remember Kennedy's cringey bridal registry with multiple books and DVD sets with titles like "How to Make a Baby"?

That said, Campbell and John also seem like the most immature of all possible members of their respective families, and it's hard to imagine either of them deliberately choosing to wait on children when doing so would require forethought, intention, and preparation. So my gut instinct is that they are probably playing with fire, but just haven't gotten burned yet. 

2 hours ago, albireo said:

I noticed the first pic when she posted it, but the outfits weren't coordinated enough to seem deliberate. 

The "Bed Photoshoot Pregnancy Divination System" is EXTREMELY scientific, and requires certain parameters to be met. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Honestly I feel like Alyssa just posts a group photo as soon as the youngest kid is able to look at the camera, and that happens to be around when she gets pregnant ?

I also doubt Campbell and John are preventing. Maybe not actively trying, but I doubt they intended to make it two years without a baby. They remind me of Carlin and Evan, who have a similarly childish attitude but ended up with a honeymoon baby anyway.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic