IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

Rachel's youngest is still under a year old and she's slowing down, but Kressant is definitely on track to announce soon. Breanna is also incredibly fertile so I wouldn't be surprised if something popped up on Mark's account soon. Needless to say, with the Mortons and friends, there'll always be more where that came from, so to speak.

• Upvote 2

On 3/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, mango_fandango said:

The idea of four kids in less than four years of marriage makes my uterus cower in fear.

And yeah, skiing just two weeks after birth sounds crazytown. Even if you have a relatively easy birth with no (major) issues it’s still a physically exhausting process. I can’t imagine wanting to do that level of physical exercise so soon. Plus I wouldn’t want to leave a two-week-old baby for very long! Most women can barely squeeze a short shower in let alone get togged up in ski gear and whiz down a slope. 

Doesn't this go against doctors orders? After my vaginal birth, I was instructed no sex, exercise/heavy physical activity, bath or pool soaking, other stuff for 6 weeks. I had to be cleared at my 6 week PP appointment for any of that. Though even up to 8 weeks anything past a long walk made me bleed more and exhausted, and sex was excruciating for upwards of 6 months.

Oh wait, these people dont listen to doctors or any basic health or safety regulations.

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, freethemall said:

Doesn't this go against doctors orders?

Maybe.

The recommendations for exercise in pregnancy and post partum are evolving. As more women take part in physically demanding sports or jobs they choose to be highly physically active before/during/after pregnancy. This is driving research to determine how much is too much.  A lot of the older guidelines were based more on anecdote and assumption than hard science (no doubt because too often the big research dollars went to men's health issues). I'm glad to see this change but I hope that it doesn't mean that women who need or want more time before resuming activity  feel bad.

Here is a quote from the ACOG guidelines for exercise in pregnancy and the post partum period "Some women are capable of resuming physical activities within days of delivery. In the absence of medical or surgical complications, rapid resumption of these activities has not been found to result in adverse effects. Pelvic floor exercises could be initiated in the immediate postpartum period. 

Regular aerobic exercise in lactating women has been shown to improve maternal cardiovascular fitness without affecting milk production, composition, or infant growth. (60). Nursing women should consider feeding their infants before exercising in order to avoid exercise discomfort of engorged breast. Nursing women 
also should ensure adequate hydration before commencing physical activity."

Edited by browngrl
added the rest of the quote from the ACOG guidelines - must have made a copying error when I copied it the first time
  • Upvote 7

I got up and wanted to go to the bathroom by myself not long after I gave birth and passed the placenta. I honestly felt fine because my labor was so fast and I felt so much lighter after I birthed that giant child and placenta. Even though I felt great, the nurse told me to take it easy. I imagine I’m not the only one who felt great after giving birth and then ends up doing too much. 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, freethemall said:

Doesn't this go against doctors orders? After my vaginal birth, I was instructed no sex, exercise/heavy physical activity, bath or pool soaking, other stuff for 6 weeks. I had to be cleared at my 6 week PP appointment for any of that. Though even up to 8 weeks anything past a long walk made me bleed more and exhausted, and sex was excruciating for upwards of 6 months.

From what I've seen on their pages, the place where they ski, as well as their own lack of technique, makes skiing anything but a strenuous physical activity.

Everyone is different in the way they recover. I'm sorry your recovery was so rough. I was lucky to have easy labors from which I bounced right back. I had a nasty tear with my first, but I was encouraged to move around in order to improve circulation, both to the site of the sutures and my entire body. But, yeah, no soaking in tubs, no sweet fellowship is standard. I took all of my newborns out on hikes, in front carriers and underneath my husband's coat in the winter, before they were two weeks old. Yes, with the blessing of my pediatrician. 

• Upvote 2

I know this shit is no laughing matter, but if you're gonna' be stuck in a foreign country, working at a winery in Italy is damn hard to beat. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I know this shit is no laughing matter, but if you're gonna' be stuck in a foreign country, working at a winery in Italy is damn hard to beat. 

I agree. They are fine. If they had real jobs in the US they might be in more trouble. But fundies rarely ever have real jobs. So they are probably fine.

• Upvote 2

Adeline & a friend I don't know/recognize are in Paraguay. Quite a different experience than when she was there last year around this time with her "special friend" who is apparently not so special & may not even be a friend anymore. 

That really has to suck extra hard for fundies who court to save their hearts than for an average couple who may have dated for a bit then broke up. 

I also wonder if she's needed due to pregnancy -  (nothing visible from K or R in any recent posts but ya' never know-K is past due for another and R is almost a year past her last birth so another is not out of the question) - or if she's just vacationing or serving as an extra babysitter for the what, 15? nieces & nephews over there. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Adeline & a friend I don't know/recognize are in Paraguay. Quite a different experience than when she was there last year around this time with her "special friend" who is apparently not so special & may not even be a friend anymore. 

That really has to suck extra hard for fundies who court to save their hearts than for an average couple who may have dated for a bit then broke up. 

I also wonder if she's needed due to pregnancy -  (nothing visible from K or R in any recent posts but ya' never know-K is past due for another and R is almost a year past her last birth so another is not out of the question) - or if she's just vacationing or serving as an extra babysitter for the what, 15? nieces & nephews over there. 

A friend in the comments said "say hello to Mercy Anna for me," so I'm guessing that's the name of Addie's friend. Anyone recognize the name? 

• Upvote 1

I find it a bit weird that Addie keeps muling random "family friends" to Paraguay. This isn't the first time, thought this young woman is the youngest I've noticed. Possible explanations based on my own wild speculation:

* The girl is a family/church friend who wanted to travel, and Addie has now attained "Appropriate Traveling Companion" status for any young unmarried female. Mercy looks like she's in her late teens, so maybe this trip is a special Homskool graduation gift. Mercy doesn't seem to be romantically attached to any particular member of the family. The Mortons probably wouldn't expect a prospective bride to travel to a different continent to meet extended family unless the intended husband planned to emigrate there. And if that were the case, I would think that Edwin or Paul would be on this trip too. 

* The girl is wanted as a long-term companion or helper for Rachel and Wesley's family. I'm not on enough of the family accounts to be certain, but for whatever reason, Rachel seems to need a lot of childcare and general support. She's been leaving her entire brood of children (including her infant son) for days at a time with Kress off and on for several months. She and Wesley have also opened a new car wash business, and moved into a different house in recent weeks. Whatever the circumstances, it seems very much one-sided, and not a care-share arrangement. Kress probably would post about her free time without the kids if Rachel were returning the favor, so I tend to think that it's something else.

* Airfare is super cheap right now, and so Addie just leaped at the chance to travel for less than usual. Though this begs the question again, why Mercy?? Addie has made the trip alone at least once before, so the companion is probably there for some other reason than patriarchy. Taking a teenaged girl into another country in the midst of a global pandemic seems to be a risky move. They could very well get caught in a travel ban on the way home. So this could be intended as an open-ended trip.

* Family events are ramping up, and Addie's visit is intended to help secure interests/smooth the transition for an intended move. This seems both the most and least likely. Most likely due to years of known interest and planning on the part of Ma and Pa Morton to sell up and move south, despite the frequent interruptions to their family life and health. Least likely due to aforementioned interruptions (which are compelling and ongoing), and also it seems they would have done more to prepare for a move if they actually planned one anytime soon. 

That's the most likely stream of possible explanations in my mind. Mike literally just came up for a long visit a month or so ago, so this seems like something other than general "keep in touch" contact. 

• Upvote 2

Campbell & John posted stories about thanking Coronavirus for keeping WH empty (I assume it's a restaurant) and that no virus will close WH. 

These people are really scary. Considering they are, more often than not, in large gatherings around the compound, they bring such risk to each other and then to make a joke of it - - they're pretty awful people. Really.

I just read that a family who had dinner together a week or so ago lost 3 members to COVID-19 and 4 others are sick with it. Apparently, Mortons think their blood is stronger, or their jesus or something. 

Ignorance is dangerous and they're the epitome. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

WH is waffle house. Famous for staying open even during hurricanes and floods. 

I'm very surprised it's still open. Georgia is now considered an area of widespread community transmission and the state/local gov really need to shut everything down.

• Upvote 3

These people suck. It seems like they barely even care about their own family. Papa Morton is 67 and had open heart surgery recently. He is very high risk. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

These people suck. It seems like they barely even care about their own family. Papa Morton is 67 and had open heart surgery recently. He is very high risk. 

Thankfully, there is only one pregnant Morton since they've all given birth recently. I haven't heard much about how the virus affects fetuses or pregnant woman, but just on the face of it, it makes sense to want to prevent exposure. 

*I take that back. Dorothy is pregnant with twins. But, at least she's not on the compound. 

Edited by fundiefan

Babies can get coronavirus. And looking at the babies that had it in China, it can be quite severe. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Fundies are all the same. Selfish. Selfish. Selfish. The reason for healthy young people to quarantine is to protect the more vulnerable people around them.  

Children and infants are relatively spared by COVID19 - which is one of the unusual things about this virus. This is not to say they can't get sick - they can as can young healthy adults but the virus seems to be worst for the old and people with additional health issues. Here are two other odd things about this virus: children are  relatively spared BUT they seem to be particularly good at spreading the disease and ibuprofen seems to make the disease worse. COVID is a novel virus so there is a lot to learn and hopefully future research answers why it has these oddities.

• Upvote 2

Kressant posted that Mercy got trapped with them since she isn't allowed to fly out.  I guess that's good for them and child care.  I still think that it was a terrible time to fly down.  Mercy also seemed even younger in the picture she posted.  I'm guessing around 16.  I guess Adeline was the maiden auntie chaperone to bring her down.  I wonder who she is? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Kressant posted that Mercy got trapped with them since she isn't allowed to fly out.  I guess that's good for them and child care.  I still think that it was a terrible time to fly down.  Mercy also seemed even younger in the picture she posted.  I'm guessing around 16.  I guess Adeline was the maiden auntie chaperone to bring her down.  I wonder who she is? 

No one could have seen that one coming - idiots. She does look much younger than the initial pictures shared. I wonder who her parents are and how they got hooked up with the Mortons and what the hell made them allow her to travel to South America with a pandemic looming. Did Adeline fly home alone? What does that mean - she took Mercy there, flew home & left her there for another, what, week? What was that all for? 

So many questions, but as always in Morton-ville, no answers will ever be known. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Does anyone know when Lise is supposed to have her baby? In the pregnancy thread it just says March.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Does anyone know when Lise is supposed to have her baby? In the pregnancy thread it just says March.

Her due date was between March 9th and 12th.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Her due date was between March 9th and 12th.

So I'm guessing she's still pregnant, but past due?

19 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

So I'm guessing she's still pregnant, but past due?

I’m honestly not sure because I don’t follow her on ig but mortondata on tumblr is usually pretty quick with birth announcements and hasn’t posted anything. 

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic