IGNORED

Mortons 2: Fascist Theocratic Scum with a MAGA Hat on Top

HerNameIsBuffy

Still surprised it took Adie so long. All of her sisters got married pretty early and under weird circumstances. Glad she got to be free for a while and travel a little.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Still surprised it took Adie so long. All of her sisters got married pretty early and under weird circumstances. Glad she got to be free for a while and travel a little.

I’ve done the math. She will likely be married at age 29 and probably won’t have a baby before her 30th birthday. Which is great for a Morton. I’m glad she won’t end up with 12 kids like her parents. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

So Michael Holloway was still around - they announced their engagement. Spinster sister no longer.

Makes me wonder if one of the boys is courting now. I assume she was kept home to help with the house. If all but one are gone, she's free to move on. 

Well I guess Jana Duggar has hope after all (though Sarah Maxwell is still doomed).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I'm super curious to see their wedding. Adeline probably wants something twee and princessy, Michael seems like more of a camo and cowboy boots type. And they both appear more overtly out-there fundie than any of the younger Morton couples, so god knows how much foot-washing strangeness we'll see. 

If we're making idle predictions, I'd bet on a late October wedding, after which they move somewhere close to, but not on, the compound and wait a bit longer than Addie's siblings for the first kid.

• Upvote 5

It's page 26 of this thread, and Adeline Grace Morton, Sister Spinster Extraordinaire, finally got beamed up onto the Headship.

We should start a new thread in her honor. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

They don't live in their house yet - that's the crazy part. They have 4 kids in a one bedroom apartment. They've shown their house and it's still being built. Kressant and Michael had the same thing happen - they didn't get their house built till kid 4 or 5. Same apartment too. 

Living in unfinished houses is still better that camping out in tents while building a house like Ma and Pa Morton did when their brood was still little.

Does anybody remember Wes and Rachel's old blog? I forgot the URL and wanted to check wether it was still there. She had a lot of house pictures there IIRC.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Does anybody remember Wes and Rachel's old blog? I forgot the URL and wanted to check wether it was still there. She had a lot of house pictures there IIRC.

The blog name was Weslea (I think Rachel's middle name is Lea like her dear mother's, too) but I did a super quick search and couldn't find it anymore. Maybe it's still out there somewhere.

I'm wondering if they will do an even shorter engagement between her age/wanting to have kids and the pandemic.  Not that the young Mortons seem to have changed any of their behaviors with all of their travel, going out, etc but it still may impact their decision.  

• Upvote 3

I'm predicting a very short engagement, maybe 2 months. 3 tops. They had a looooong courtship and I figure she wants to get on the baby train.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Well the mothers are already together and planning. I imagine very quick and done on the farm with homemade everything. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Anyone up for some speculation on Campbell and John?

They have been married for a year and a half. Campbell's best friends are Kennedy and Mariah. Even thought ant birth control is extremely unlikely based on their beliefs, for a while I've thought that maybe Campbell was doing some sort of NFP to enjoy a bit of fun married time before having kids because she still had lots of single friends. But now even Mariah is married and pregnant, and Kennedy already has 3. They all seem heavily into following their peer groups. 

So I am starting to think John and Campbell might actually have fertility issues. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Well the mothers are already together and planning. I imagine very quick and done on the farm with homemade everything. 

I saw that and had an actual reaction. Somewhere between WTF and gagging. Remembering how Martha’s wedding date was chosen by their fathers (all wrapped up in a planning party bow) I imagined the same thing here. I was 29 when I got married-not quite 2 weeks from 30. My wedding was mine-and the ex’s, of course. I told people when the wedding was, I didn’t ask or welcome their input. I just cannot fathom the  enmeshment of fundie families and, if I’m honest, am a bit squigged out by it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@FrumpyAtheist while I hate to speculate on fertility issues, considering the company they keep and how they were raised I'd be hard pressed to believe that they have intentionally not had a baby yet.  She should have had two by now (or 1 1/2 )in Mortonville. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I'll probably get hate for it, but if that's the case - good.  The last thing the world needs is more Morton sons raised drenched in toxic masculinity (did I trigger you, John-boy?) or Morton daughters raised to believe their only option for a future is to be some chauvinist douchebag's biscuit-and-baby-maker.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

On 7/5/2020 at 7:59 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I'm super curious to see their wedding. Adeline probably wants something twee and princessy, Michael seems like more of a camo and cowboy boots type. And they both appear more overtly out-there fundie than any of the younger Morton couples, so god knows how much foot-washing strangeness we'll see. 

If we're making idle predictions, I'd bet on a late October wedding, after which they move somewhere close to, but not on, the compound and wait a bit longer than Addie's siblings for the first kid.

Dont forget Adeline has the family's penchant for Victorian flair - maybe an old fashioned even costume style dress (but with cowboy boots), waltzing, a bridal tea beforehand, and other cutesy details.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

Dont forget Adeline has the family's penchant for Victorian flair - maybe an old fashioned even costume style dress (but with cowboy boots), waltzing, a bridal tea beforehand, and other cutesy details.

When I saw the announcement, that's EXACTLY what I visualized. 19th century inspired gown (in my headcanon, it's Regency in honor of her Austenmania, but that's too much to hope for), lots of pseudo-historical details, and a universe of flowers.

I'll say this without a shred of false praise: Adeline Morton is an incredibly gifted flower arranger. Tastes vary, and to my knowledge we've never discussed it here, but she definitely has a defined aesthetic and brings a lot of distinct personality to every bouquet. I think she has a real talent, and I hope she goes bananas for her own wedding. (And after, if Michael is an indulgent headship.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

13 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

When I saw the announcement, that's EXACTLY what I visualized. 19th century inspired gown (in my headcanon, it's Regency in honor of her Austenmania, but that's too much to hope for), lots of pseudo-historical details, and a universe of flowers.

I'll say this without a shred of false praise: Adeline Morton is an incredibly gifted flower arranger. Tastes vary, and to my knowledge we've never discussed it here, but she definitely has a defined aesthetic and brings a lot of distinct personality to every bouquet. I think she has a real talent, and I hope she goes bananas for her own wedding. (And after, if Michael is an indulgent headship.)

Dream dress?

f9497c34531bffcb1a441ead30dae1a8.jpg

• Upvote 1

A few years back I would have thought that this dress was too revealing for a Morton bride. But after Alyssa wore a strapless gown everything is possible.

• I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Dream dress?

f9497c34531bffcb1a441ead30dae1a8.jpg

Those sleeves remind me of Dorothy’s dress

Spoiler

716CD8F5-0FAA-44EB-8E76-B08723644687.thumb.jpeg.526d74761b679b77352d2f2fbaec1305.jpeg

Spoiler

61D5DCC2-F8DF-46D4-A99F-F4BEB5BBD104.jpeg.c4b48d2183086fc6da987c0f9338cc6d.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Right about now I'm really missing their old blog.  The level of overwrought, twitterpated prose I imagine Adeline pumping out for such an occasion would be truly a sight to behold.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

For a multitude of reasons, I'm glad that Addie wasn't married off to the son of one of her father's "ministry" sycophants during the heyday of Addiespeak. As much ridicule as the baby talk and faux-Gothic Novel tortured prose has garnered over the years, it was an indication of Adeline's continued youth. She was still growing up, and she was, quite literally, finding her voice. If she'd been married to a Bret (shudder), or even a Tayte or Noah back in those days, it would have snuffed out whatever enjoyment she got from her extra few years of girlhood. I think Martha marrying and leaving home was the thing that officially ended Addie's youthful idle. She may now be older than most fundy brides, but she really couldn't have married much earlier than this without losing a piece of her childhood. I'm grateful she wasn't forced into a teen wedding, and that she was allowed to grow up.

I'm also forever grateful I never had to read something like "My Mr. Hubby had 'da tweetest, most womantic honeymoon wit' hims mostest faberite wifey, Addie-dearwums!!!".  The human brain can only withstand so much.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 1

I think Addie’s fiancé looks more like Bret then her other brother in laws, or even almost like the male version of all her sister in laws... brunette and from the photos not a particularly tall man. Which is interesting. I remember the idle speculation about Hunter Kendall back in the day  and he reminds me of Tayte, who in turn looks like the Morton brothers imo, and more who’d I’d have thought she would marry. Speaking of Hunter, his Facebook is pretty open and he is very, very, very deep in the trump/fox/q koolaid, but with a godly twist. As he’s still serving in some capacity that freaks me out. Addie has actually posted about the engagement on her Facebook publicly yesterday, and I will admit I’m very curious to see how the wedding plays out. So hopefully details will be shared by various family members. 

• Upvote 1

I'd never really gone down the Facebook Morton rabbit hole before, and I can't say I'm surprised that John's page is a shrine to repeating everything Trump says like he's worshiping his God-Emperor, but - YIKES.  And Martha commenting on everything with "I LOVE THIS, SO TRUE!!!! ❤"   Also, Katie has "so much respect" for Ben Carson for calling Black Lives Matter "Marxist".  Yeah, 'cause I'm so sure any Morton would be able to accurately define that word.  

Edited by dramallama
can't type good today
  • Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic