IGNORED

Joy and Austin 26: Please Wear the Appropriate Footgear Around Horses

samurai_sarah

On 5/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, twoandthrough said:

YES! I'm kind of introverted (but also extroverted... I never have figured out which I truly am), and that all sounds so real to me! I'm so glad you feel better now that they're older! :D

After socializing, what do you want to do?

More!   Extrovert               ?     :Yes:

Hide.... introvert       :mellow:       ?

Edited by Greendoor
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

this whole extrovert, introvert, ambivert thing is interesting. I'm more on the introverted side. I prefer being alone or with just a few people, socializing seems like a herculean effort most of the time and I'm REALLY awkward. Heck, just going to church and talking to people there can crash me for the afternoon. 

I force myself to go out and be "social" because otherwise I'd turn into a total recluse...

• Upvote 9

I am an introvert so much. I was around people for this whole last week. when I finally got home I Had to shut myself away in my room because I was just on overload and needed to decompress. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I love socializing and being with other people. But it does cost me a lot of energy instead of giving me energy.

So I am definitely an introvert even though a lot of people would think I am extrovert.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I always gravitate to alone time but it makes me depressed. When I have lots of social interaction my mood is much better in general but I have to force myself to do it. That’s why I cannot really say what I am.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I love socializing and being with other people. But it does cost me a lot of energy instead of giving me energy.

So I am definitely an introvert even though a lot of people would think I am extrovert.

I’m the same way! People are always surprised to find out that I’m introverted because I’m outgoing and social. They just don’t see the high cost of required alone downtime. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I always gravitate to alone time but it makes me depressed. When I have lots of social interaction my mood is much better in general but I have to force myself to do it. That’s why I cannot really say what I am.

This is me too. I will spend all day alone if i have the chance, but when I DO leave and talk to other people, conversations come quite easily and I enjoy it and feel generally happier and more energised. The last time I did a Myers Briggs I came out at 51% extrovert. I suspect I’m more extroverted than that, but depression makes me want to shut the world out and stick to internet friends.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I see Jinger and Jeremy announcing a pregnancy once they get settled in LA. I can imagine a scenario where Jinger feels kind of overwhelmed by LA because it's a totally different world from living in Arkansas or Laredo, and so she has another baby to get her bearings and feel closer to her family and her faith. I think she and Jeremy will have a pretty small number of kids (for these people, anyway) and end up with four kids total, two sets close in age with a gap in between.

I'm sort of a combo of introverted and extraverted as well. I lean toward extraverted (get sad if I'm away from people for a weekend, have a job that involves talking to a lot of people and public speaking, etc.) but I have some introvert qualities too (when my friends have struggles or worries I'll listen to theirs and try to help but rarely share my own, selective with my relationships, have always preferred to have a handful of close friends than a lot of friends that I don't know and trust as well, and I keep some of my interests and hobbies just to myself). I don't put a ton of stock into Myers-Briggs but whenever I've taken the test it's told me I am an INTJ.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Same here. 

Socialize makes me happy but exhausted. So I have to moderate it. And I'm a bit lazy to date with friends, although I know I'm going to enjoy it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I see Jinger and Jeremy announcing a pregnancy once they get settled in LA. I can imagine a scenario where Jinger feels kind of overwhelmed by LA because it's a totally different world from living in Arkansas or Laredo, and so she has another baby to get her bearings and feel closer to her family and her faith. I think she and Jeremy will have a pretty small number of kids (for these people, anyway) and end up with four kids total, two sets close in age with a gap in between.

I could see this. Moving is difficult. I know she has done it once, and she has done the difficult bit of moving away from what she knows. But moving to a different 'type' of place can also be difficult.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Greendoor said:

After socializing, what do you want to do?

More!   Extrovert               ?     :Yes:

Hide.... introvert       :mellow:       ?

It just totally depends! Sometimes keep hanging out / going out / more people... sometimes want to go home and decompress. I actually believe I'm a true ambivert after doing some reading. 

• Upvote 1

I'm INTP, 3-5% of Americans are INTP. I took the test when I was doing my psychology degree. My professor was even shocked cuz it's so rare.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm INTP, 3-5% of Americans are INTP.

Have all Americans done Meyers-Briggs? I find that telling me things about myself that I already know about myself is not very useful. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Speaking of personalities... has anyone figured out their Enneagram? I saw it going around on Instagram and quickly wanted to know mine, so I took a bunch of tests and did some readings. I'm a solid 2 (the Helper), which correlates with my ESFJ Myers-Briggs. I don't know why these all fascinate me so much, but is has caused a great deal of introspection and helped me work out some issues I deal with within myself. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, twoandthrough said:

Speaking of personalities... has anyone figured out their Enneagram? I saw it going around on Instagram and quickly wanted to know mine, so I took a bunch of tests and did some readings. I'm a solid 2 (the Helper), which correlates with my ESFJ Myers-Briggs. I don't know why these all fascinate me so much, but is has caused a great deal of introspection and helped me work out some issues I deal with within myself. 

I am a six with a five wing which means I'm a six which I guess is the defender. reading between the five and the six and then what the wing means I think it makes perfect sense for me. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think of all the guys involved, Derick and Jeremy are most interested in being “headships” and curiously enough, also the families that seem to be distancing themselves most from the Duggar life style. I would not be surprised to hear that these 2 men have told their wives exactly what they think of JB/M and all their odd ass rules (clothing, music, books, dancing, education). The Duggar boys seem “simple”, in terms of just rolling down the road without critical thought or the want of making any real decision. Plus Josh just did whatever the hell he wanted. Austin and Joy seem more yoked to his family and are doing their own thing. The Seewalds are in an interesting situation. I think Ben’s initial age and Jessa’s personality really factor in to who they have become. Ben was very connected to the Duggars because they supplied him a home and work. They basically became his guardians. I think Jessa is steering that ship. At the present moment, It works for them. 

I just keep waiting for one of these women to have the laundry room breakdown. Will a fairy appear?

I agree with you on everything except Austin and Joy. I think they are following JB.

13 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Have all Americans done Meyers-Briggs? I find that telling me things about myself that I already know about myself is not very useful. 

I am also fascinated how many here seem to have taken the Meyers-Briggs, something about hair and the love language (and many the Harry Potter) test. In my social bubble taking personality tests was something we did as teens (crappy tests from girl magazines). I would even argue that this kind of tests are not very common in my country as a whole. Maybe the Harry Potter one for people that are now age 11-20?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Not sure. I have a psychology degree so I took it in a class. 

• Thank You 1

On that test I am INFJ.

I am introverted,but I do like some socialization.One or two people is best.One of the things I do miss in our neighborhood,is not having a friend to talk to.We wave at each other as we come and go,but I had a friend in my old neighborhood,well several...3 have passed away.

Large crowds exhaust me.

I found a temp job,which lasted 3 weeks.I don't know if it was working again,since I had not worked in almost 3 years,or being around a bunch of people,or both.I came home exhausted,physically,mentally.I was in bed and sleeping soundly long before Mr Melon came home.

• Upvote 7

45 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm INTP, 3-5% of Americans are INTP. I took the test when I was doing my psychology degree. My professor was even shocked cuz it's so rare.

My husband is INTP and has been told it’s highly rare.

41 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Some employers have their employees take the test as part of developing management strategies.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Some employers have their employees take the test as part of developing management strategies.

But how does anybody know if it is highly rare or not? I first was required to take MB 32 years ago when I first started working for the government, so yeah I know it can happen in a work context.  You should have seen the side-eye, this was a military organization! Nobody cares about your personality! Just follow orders!

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

But how does anybody know if it is highly rare or not? I first was required to take MB 32 years ago when I first started working for the government, so yeah I know it can happen in a work context.  You should have seen the side-eye, this was a military organization! Nobody cares about your personality! Just follow orders!

Maybe in the military  the information was more geared towards how those in charge could use that data to best approach Zander motivate the people they were tasked with leading? I’d hope most places of business operate a bit differently than the military. 

In terms of the %s derived, I suppose people who have administered the tests have compiled data over time and that’s how the %s have been determined.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wow. I am not sure apart from maybe police, military and maybe some special government jobs (CIA/FBI type of jobs) an employer would be allowed to make you take such a test. I would feel highly uncomfortable for several reasons.

• Upvote 4

I thought the Myers-Briggs test was quackery. It seems to be something that people latch onto and use it to excuse themselves for things. Your personality type isn't going to come completely from one test, most people are more of a mix. You may be high in some areas and low in others, and it may change over time. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I thought the Myers-Briggs test was quackery. It seems to be something that people latch onto and use it to excuse themselves for things. Your personality type isn't going to come completely from one test, most people are more of a mix. You may be high in some areas and low in others, and it may change over time. 

What I found interesting about the test the striking difference in my results are when I take it thinking about my reactions to the scenarios involving my family and if I do the same as how I feel/react to the rest of the world.

I am a hard T with the rest of the world and a hard F with my family.  And that holds true for me - I do live my life reacting very differently depending on if it's about my people or people in general.

• Upvote 9

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic