IGNORED

Joy and Austin 26: Please Wear the Appropriate Footgear Around Horses

samurai_sarah

OKay but re; joy's dress. If it wasn't being advertised by her I'd actually wear the hell out of it. It's super cute and you could stick tights underneath it for the winter. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I can't get over how much Joy looks like Jill in that last set of pictures.  It is always weird how family resemblances flash in and out of people's faces. 

• Upvote 9

Saw this on Twitter. State Sen Stephanie Flowers kicking some ass in Little Rock over 'stand your ground' gun laws. Half way through, she mentions a Mr Ballinger ... I can only assume that's the father of everybody's favourite inept lawyer, Bobby Ballinger (Austin's bro in law and responsible for the Josh Duggar law suit). Good to see that he is fulfilling all our low expectations and being in the wrong again. Hope the link works.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1104042339314659328

Edited by ElToro
Added Bobby's list of achievements
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Joy may make questionable choices about running around barefoot with skittish large animals that have hard hooves, but she did make a very cute baby, so there's that. I know I always have to preface these sorts of things with "yeah his life is gonna suck and his parents are gonna raise him to be a horrible person", but Gideon looks like a happy little dude. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Joy‘s questionable preference in footwear is just that. If she doesn’t mind to get her feet hurt whatever. As long as she doesn’t whine about it afterwards I couldn’t care less. And as long as Gideon wears the right choice of footwear till he is old enough to make his own decisions.

• Upvote 14

again.... omg that Gideon, gets me right in the ovaries. Hate the Duggars. Fangirl my bursting little ovaries over that quirky little dude. Come here and let me smooosh you. 

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

Joy is adverasting dresses again. I got to admit, i like these one. 

Me too! if I had the type of body that could pull off that dress I'd wear the hell out of it. Alas that style of dress makes me look like a potato

• Upvote 8

I think Joy looks great and in that first picture especially, she is really glowing! Not trying to indicate pregnancy, but just happiness and being well rested. I also feel like she's looking pretty slim.  

I just mentioned this in the Bateseseses threads, but I really think I have a similar body type to Joy. I'm 5'4", and all of my "height" is in my legs, leaving me with a short torso. My weight fluctuates a ton, and when i'm holding onto weight, it's almost all in my belly (with a bit in my upper arms and face). I still feel like I wouldn't be able to rock that dress though!

• Upvote 4

I always thought Gideon was a mini-Austin, but in that picture of Austin and Joy together... I see so much of Gideon in Joy!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Joy is wearing her hair like her sister-mom, only I think it is done just a bit better, Jill just looks, I don't know I don't care for it as much the way she does it, can't put my finger on it. I prefer that Joy did a little something with the top and didn't just brain it all slicked back. 

Joy's style also seems to be improving with these sponsorship's, she's usually in a tacky cotton skirt, like Jana was wearing last night and a T-shirt, which is get is comfy but that seemed to be all she wore.  Too bad Austin won't let her encourage her to wear pants more often, she would most likely be so much more comfortable. 

5 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Me too! if I had the type of body that could pull off that dress I'd wear the hell out of it. Alas that style of dress makes me look like a potato

Me too.... a very lumpy potato. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Joy is wearing her hair like her sister-mom

I gotta repeat---she looks so much like Jill.  I guess it is the hairstyle that is doing that.  And the open mouth in the 2nd picture.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:01 AM, ElToro said:

I can only assume that's the father of everybody's favourite inept lawyer, Bobby Ballinger (Austin's bro in law and responsible for the Josh Duggar law suit). Good to see that he is fulfilling all our low expectations and being in the wrong again. Hope the link works.

I think you're right. Ugh! Ballinger was the one who sponsored the bill. Luckily the bill failed, but Sen. Flowers' brave remarks may not have prompted any actual reflection from him. A news article I found says that: 

"Ballinger also spoke from the floor of the Senate Monday, saying he would not move to censure Flowers but calling her remarks "not justifiable.""

I've been present in some contentious state legislative hearings in red states, and utter creeps like Sen. Ballinger are all too common. You can be as passionate and as forceful and correct as you want when you go up against them, and they'll just wait til you're done, some smarmy look plastered on their faces, so that they can go ahead and do whatever they were going to do in the first place.

I'm looking at Sen. Ballinger's legislative page and he has a lot of really choice policy ideas (i.e. a bunch of useless, shit-stirring culture-war bs). He also owes $1.7 million in unpaid income taxes.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

What is the temperature in their area of Arkansas? Austin seems to be wearing a outdoors vest and Joy is in bare arms and feet. Not snarking, just wondering.

@Vivi_music In Little Rock it is ranging between 13 and 18 degrees Celisus (upper 50s mid 60s F) as the highs for the rest of the week. They are a bit further north. Honestly the weather there is so fickle. My mom had shorts and a tank on when we talked a couple of weeks ago and 2 days later it snowed (it did not stick or anything, but it was cold). She may have just caught a warm window for the photo.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Gideon is adorable, Joy and Austin aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but they are going to enjoy a life of animals, dirt, and hard physical work, and they are going to love almost every bit of it.  

I have several family members like this, only they live in WI, they work for themselves, they rarely leave the their county, much less their state to do things like vacations, they can't imagine being anywhere but where they are, and they are damn happy about it too. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Gideon's first hair cut. 

and pictures from earlier in the month when they went to the zoo for Austin's Nieces  birthday

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

There’s also a selection of pics featuring Carlin, posted on Carlin’s birthday (April 11).

• Thank You 1

Kinda late on the bare feet around horses, but I want to say anywhere you have horses you have worms you can’t see in the ground. We wormed our horses every 3 months because you have to to keep them healthy.  You’re also going to get maggots in the dirt, never mind horse poop, even when you pick it up it’s still there cause they trample it in to the ground.  It’s just not done for so many reasons.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 4

40 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Gideon's first hair cut. 

and pictures from earlier in the month when they went to the zoo for Austin's Nieces  birthday

Someone commented on this that she babies shouldn't get their hair cut until their 2, better call social services on Joy and report her. Gideon looks adorable.

• Haha 18

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic