IGNORED

Joy and Austin 26: Please Wear the Appropriate Footgear Around Horses

samurai_sarah

Just chiming in on the vbac discussion. I had an emergency C-section with my first. My doctor told me to wait a year to get pregnant and that is what I did. I had a successful Vbac with my second. There is just truly no way to know if one is able to birth vaginally. We could all take our guesses with Joy, but we won't know until she actually gives birth. I can only hope that whatever she does, she'll do it at a hospital. Vbacs (especially the first one) should really be attempted under the watchful eye of a doctor.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

How many Duggars there are now 45? 46? I don't know for how long they will have enough space at the TTH to host everyone when they trew a party or simply get all toghether with the kids...I think in like 5 years they will need another space were hang all togheter 

• Upvote 2

Thinking about 10 years down the line is crazy...Mack and Josie could be pregnancy twins just like Anna and Michelle. Ick. 

I hope Joy gets some real prenatal care and a better plan than just "go to the nearest hospital if there's an emergency". 

• Upvote 17

5 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

How many Duggars there are now 45? 46? I don't know for how long they will have enough space at the TTH to host everyone when they trew a party or simply get all toghether with the kids...I think in like 5 years they will need another space were hang all togheter 

I believe that as of right now there will be 45 Duggars and in-laws by the end of the year. 50 if you count Grandma Mary, Deanna, Amy, Dillon, and Baby King.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think in 10 years it'll just be a once or twice a year family reunion type get together. Especially considering Mackynzie will be around 20 by that time, and if she stays in line might have a kid or two of her own by then! 

The fact that Mackynize will be pushing out kids in 10 years just shocks the hell out of me.  

Joy is pregnant - snooze  -what else was she going to do? I predict Boy 10 pounds on my birthday the 15th named George 

next :D

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:15 AM, twoandthrough said:

So true - they throw fits like none other. Ugh. I think I struggle so much because they can't communicate well, so they're frustrated, and so am I. 

I’m an introvert and found the constant “ON!!!” state of parenting toddlers incredibly stressful. You can’t just zonk out when you feel like it. You have to be alert everything that goes on in the house, or they will get into the tub of diaper cream/cooking oil/flour (all completely hypothetical scenarios). Noise level are higher than what you’re comfortable with. You get distracted every time you try and do something. And the constant physical demands of having someone, even an extremely cute someone who you love more than anything, touch you. Not going to lie, I enjoy my kids much more now that they’re in high school.

• Upvote 25
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, xenobia said:

To be fair, Joy and Austin will probably be one of the couples who can provide for a family even without the TLC money train. He's flipping houses for a living, and Joy seems to enjoy working with him when she can. I think they would do fine without the show. I'm more worried about some other couples when it comes to providing. Josh&Anna? Ben&Jessa? Not much money coming in there, as far as we know. 

Not if they have 10+ kids. She is 21 and going on her second in 20 months time.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AuntCloud said:

I’m an introvert and found the constant “ON!!!” state of parenting toddlers incredibly stressful. You can’t just zonk out when you feel like it. You have to be alert everything that goes on in the house, or they will get into the tub of diaper cream/cooking oil/flour (all completely hypothetical scenarios). Noise level are higher than what you’re comfortable with. You get distracted every time you try and do something. And the constant physical demands of having someone, even an extremely cute someone who you love more than anything, touch you. Not going to lie, I enjoy my kids much more now that they’re in high school.

YES! I'm kind of introverted (but also extroverted... I never have figured out which I truly am), and that all sounds so real to me! I'm so glad you feel better now that they're older! :D

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

Skimmed to catch up and share my thoughts. Honestly of all the Duggars I see Joy and Austin staying most like JB and MEchelle. They got married pretty young, pregnant right out of the gate, pregnant as soon as possible after the 12 month waiting period. I'd not be at all surprised if they did the quiverful thing, especially given they've been seen using formula in Instagram stories - nothing against formula at all it just means she'd be nursing less and wouldn't have the benefit of those nursing hormones. Sure right now her kids are fairly "normal" spaced, but until she's got 4-5 it's not possible to accurately predict so I'm going off pure guess work. She's still on my guess list for duggars who will hit double digit kids. 

I don't really see any issues in their marriage to be honest and she does seem to genuinely enjoy motherhood, which is good for her I want her to be happy, but I really hope I'm wrong on the quiverful thing. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, twoandthrough said:

YES! I'm kind of introverted (but also extroverted... I never have figured out which I truly am), and that all sounds so real to me! I'm so glad you feel better now that they're older! :D

If what I described rings a bell, you have a solid introvert core! You can be the life of the party and genuinely need people and connections - but also need your quiet you-time to regroup, without having your ears tuned to the next call from the bathroom or a crunching sound from the litter box. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Damn, a Duggar announced a pregnancy and the thread never even got "HOT."

That's how you know we're over it lol

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Damn, a Duggar announced a pregnancy and the thread never even got "HOT."

That's how you know we're over it lol

Actually it was hot about 8 hours ago which is how I knew they were expecting. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

I’m an introvert and found the constant “ON!!!” state of parenting toddlers incredibly stressful. You can’t just zonk out when you feel like it. You have to be alert everything that goes on in the house, or they will get into the tub of diaper cream/cooking oil/flour (all completely hypothetical scenarios). 

Actually, I think the kids getting into vegetable oil really happened.  It's been decades since I read the book, but I think it happened to the Doss family.  Helen and Carl adopted 12 children over time, many of them considered unadoptable because they were "mixed race".  

Anyway, in the story I remember, the mother left the children alone for a few minutes, I think to take a bath.  The kids, there were five or six of them at the time, might have been napping or watching TV when she left them alone, but they got bored and went looking for something to do.  They were old enough to get into stuff but young enough to not realize that they shouldn't get into stuff.

When the mom returned, she found that they'd found and opened a gallon sized container of vegetable oil.  After dumping it on the kitchen floor, the kids naturally started playing in it.  She had to scoop up a bunch of kids and bathe them, then find something for them to do while she tackled the kitchen.  She probably never took another bath again unless there was another adult present to watch the kids.

See if you can find the book "The Family That Nobody Wanted" to read more about it.  Good read, I wish I had a copy of my own.

• Upvote 3

I think Joy is due early Nov. based on the u/s pictured that is posted. I'm guessing she is 12/13 weeks.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Oh yea. I was still single when OneKid was a toddler she always needed me and I mean ALWAYS. She was adopted when she was 18 months old and I get why she was but it was exhausting. 

Now she is 15 and it is a joy to have real conversations with her. I should add it is great WHEN she deems me worthy of her time. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I'd expect them to have half of the families visit during major holidays while the rest are with the in-laws.

I could see them getting the whole bunch together once or twice a year for TLC specials, but perhaps TLC would provide the venue, etc.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually it was hot about 8 hours ago which is how I knew they were expecting. 

Yeah but around here "hot" can mean there's a lengthy drift on dishwashers happening (ahem Seewalds). That is to say, a new Duggar grandbaby is about as hot as a discussion on dishwashers.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Yeah but around here "hot" can mean there's a lengthy drift on dishwashers happening (ahem Seewalds). That is to say, a new Duggar grandbaby is about as hot as a discussion on dishwashers.

ooh dishwashers again 

Mine is a bosch 

• Haha 8

So really dumb question here, how can you tell if a thread is hot?

• Upvote 1

There will be a little colored box with the word HOT in it next to the thread title when you are viewing the forum. At least that’s what I see ?‍♀️

• Upvote 4

Isn’t there such a thing as an ”ambivert”? You can have both introvert and extrovert traits. I am definitely an introvert. I have no idea how I’ll react to kids. Thankfully I am nowhere near having them yet so I have time :pb_lol:

Was Gideon named after a particular religious figure? Martyn is obviously a family name. I never really do predictions for Duggar baby names, birth dates and weights. I’m leaning slightly more towards boy, don’t really know why. One baby is too early to establish any particular name theme. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

This would actually be quite a smart move. They rent out part of their land/property already. If they build an event hall, do as much DIY like TTH and have Jana and jessa decorate/landscape around it... They'll have a place free they can have receptions and reunions in etc, and they can probably rent it out to get a bit of money back. I imagine a lot of their fans would be thrilled by that. They'd probably cover it on counting on or give Jana her 'Jana of all trades' series for it, so money from that, too. Thoughts?

What about weddings? I bet a lot of leghumpers want their wedding at the Duggar compound. 

• Upvote 6

To all those who can't keep track of J'kids, children-in-laws and grandchildren, go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting - it has all the names and ages of the Duggars. Or if you're on wikipedia already, just type in 19 Kids and Counting. The information is there and available. I know it's helped me a lot, if I want to check a name or age or something. 

Here's one for the Bateses as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bringing_Up_Bates

• Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic