IGNORED

Joy and Austin 26: Please Wear the Appropriate Footgear Around Horses

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I'm also curious about this - that Joy and Jill both went sans pregnancy for the precise window of time recommended post-section and then immediately got pregnant makes me wonder what kind of strategies are available to the kids of hardline quiverfull parents. NFP? Cold turkey abstinence? Are they even equipped to start conversations about this?

A reddit user recently rewatched those VF-produced Michelle interviews, where she reflects on the Caleb miscarriage; the user quotes her saying that "with her own hand she allowed the baby to be destroyed" (by taking HBC.) Chemical birth control is definitely out.

Yes I’d think a barrier method or even pulling out would be more likely than hormonal BC. I definitely think JinJer did something to intentionally delay things, and will again to get the spacings they want. Breastfeeding may mean some of the others didn’t get their cycles back until later (I think Kendra fell pregnant more or less as soon as her fertility returned), but the convenience of it all for Jill and Joy makes me think there must be some serious attention being paid to not getting pregnant. My guess is careful NFP meaning no “joyful availability” around ovulation time. It might fail for 25% of women but that means 3/4 of the time it works, and these girls would probably be very careful and very aware of their bodies and fertility.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 5/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, IsmeWeatherwax said:

INTJ and ENTJ are both the rarest female results, I did read somewhere that they are both 0.9% of the female population! I do like to be special

Oh do you know where you read this? I’ve be very interested to read.

I’m an I/E NTJ (51%/49%).

also Ravenclaw.

can someone link to the bit about the enneagram? Never heard of that one.

• Upvote 2

I'm ISFJ, and oscillate between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw depending on when I take the test.

It seems like Ravenclaw would be packed with FJers! :romance-adore:

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Berty K said:

Oh do you know where you read this? I’ve be very interested to read.

I’m an I/E NTJ (51%/49%).

also Ravenclaw.

can someone link to the bit about the enneagram? Never heard of that one.

It was just a random google, I wanted to know what all the possible classifications and that was one that popped up ?  

@JustEnough Thank you!!

I did the Enneagram test yesterday. It seems that both the way I see myself and the way I present/am perceived by others (ok Mr. Outta) is the same. Type 6/Loyalist. The description was very on point for me. I found it interesting though the way I seem to my husband on some questions vs. how I actually answered (would answer as a few were different). There were a couple things that I did not realize and would like to improve on, likewise, several things I thought I was doing bad at projecting to the outside world that he says are very much coming across as I intend. I really recommend doing that for fun if anyone has time. It sparked some very nice conversation throughout our day. (He is a type 9 we found out in the evening)

Edited by StraightOuttaArkansas
riffles
  • Upvote 3

Catholic school here, too. And we did the MB and enneagram at school too. Type 5, and INTP. I've done it a few times since for laughs. Still 5 and INTP. When I was at school, I was only just I and P. Now I'm almost entirely all I, N, T and P! My partner is ESTJ. We have some interesting times...

Edited by Zebedee
  • Love 1

What are reputable sites for these personality tests?

I took the Harry Potter test, twice, and was put in Ravenclaw each time.

• Upvote 1

It’s funny that FJ is so Ravenclaw-heavy. The last time I was involved in a “what house are you” discussion online, it felt like everyone was Hufflepuff (& very proud of it too)

• Upvote 1

Proud Ravenclaw here!! 

When I originally joined Pottermore (oh, the hopes for that site!) I was convinced that I'd probably be Slytherin, with a small chance of Gryffindor. I was shocked to be Ravenclaw, but have since fully embraced my house and love it completely. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I'm also curious about this - that Joy and Jill both went sans pregnancy for the precise window of time recommended post-section and then immediately got pregnant makes me wonder what kind of strategies are available to the kids of hardline quiverfull parents. NFP? Cold turkey abstinence? Are they even equipped to start conversations about this?

A reddit user recently rewatched those VF-produced Michelle interviews, where she reflects on the Caleb miscarriage; the user quotes her saying that "with her own hand she allowed the baby to be destroyed" (by taking HBC.) Chemical birth control is definitely out.

I'm still confused why the wait time was 18 months for Jill and only 12 months for Joy, when it seems they pretty much had identical birth experiences.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That is so sad to believe you destroyed your own child. The guilt must have been overwhelming. Stupid "Christian" doctor to do that.

I want to Like Love and Agree with this a million times over. The doctor (who didn't know what caused the miscarriage) said that, they believed it and thus the crazy began.

• Upvote 9

On Pottermore, I decided to take the sorting test 10 times, and then my House would be whatever House came out most times during the sorting. Like a true Ravenclaw lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, meee said:

I'm still confused why the wait time was 18 months for Jill and only 12 months for Joy, when it seems they pretty much had identical birth experiences.

I agree. I haven't seen either of them give a length of time that they were "officially" planning to wait for (and even if either of them had an idea in mind right after birth, their minds could have changed after seeking out more information for better or worse) so it's possible that Jill starting being unreservedly joyfully available at 12 months and just didn't get pregnant until 18. I suppose it's theoretically possible that Joy planned to wait 18 and it just happened earlier too.

Either way it wasn't a magical set time post c-section, because 6 months is a pretty big time span when we are talking pregnancies.

• Upvote 1

Joy just posted her 10 week ultrasound, and the date is April 10th, which would make her due date November 6th

DE6ACFAD-B065-4F01-9606-FD7A8A1099DD.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

Joy just posted her 10 week ultrasound, and the date is April 10th, which would make her due date November 6th

DE6ACFAD-B065-4F01-9606-FD7A8A1099DD.jpeg

I bet this is going to end up being the first duggar double birthday. I mean she's due the 6th Jessa's birthday's the fourth and Spurgon's is the fifth I think it's very likely she could give birth on either of those days.  that or Jessa will give birth on Marcus or Garrett's birthday

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

BEC...How many times have I already read that Garrett or Gideon is going to be such a great big brother? Too many for only knowing for a hot second that the moms are PG . How do they know what a baby will be or make? Yes, I’m sure JB and Michelle thought that about Josh too. They need to stop with that line.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I'm hoping a 10 week ultrasound means she went to a doctor or midwife for the 1st of MANY prenatal visits.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm hoping a 10 week ultrasound means she went to a doctor or midwife for the 1st of MANY prenatal visits.  

It looks like they've had it done at Babyface & More, which google tells me is one of those boutique non-diagnostic ultrasound places. So unfortunately I don't have very high hopes. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

It looks like they've had it done at Babyface & More, which google tells me is one of those boutique non-diagnostic ultrasound places. So unfortunately I don't have very high hopes. 

weird that they would do one at only 10 weeks at a place like that. I thought that was more of a thing trying to get good 3/D pics of the baby. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

weird that they would do one at only 10 weeks at a place like that. I thought that was more of a thing trying to get good 3/D pics of the baby. 

It's not that weird if they're only using a lay midwife and this is the only way for them to get an ultrasound, and they want to get a glimpse at the baby. ? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Big babies run in my family. My sister and I both had larger than average babies and neither of us had GD. We also both delivered vaginally and so did my mother. I am no medical professional but I think genetics have a lot to do with baby size. Just from my own personal experience. It seems like big babies run in the Duggar family. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

BEC...How many times have I already read that Garrett or Gideon is going to be such a great big brother? Too many for only knowing for a hot second that the moms are PG . How do they know what a baby will be or make? Yes, I’m sure JB and Michelle thought that about Josh too. They need to stop with that line.

If I went by my 2 year old’s reaction to bringing his little brother home, I would say he’s a horrible big brother. He wanted nothing to do with that weird little pink thing in mommy’s arms. But he now loves his little brother. Although they love to fight. Sigh.

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's not that weird if they're only using a lay midwife and this is the only way for them to get an ultrasound, and they want to get a glimpse at the baby. ? 

What sucks about it is that many drs use the ten week scan to date the development of the fetus. My due date was moved up a few days when I was pregnant because I ovulate early. Some people ovulate quite late in their cycle. So just going by the first day of your last period is not as accurate. For Joy’s sake, I hope she ovulates right on schedule. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

On 5/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, Italiangirl said:

According to duggar data if she has a vacancy with this and keep the spacing joy and Austin ESoQ  (espected size of Quiver) is 19 kids 

if she has another c section she will stop at 16 

Quoted myself to yell at the autocorrector. I could swear I write VBAC damn. Anyway you have understoodbut is frustrating to reread what you post after sometime and see the errors!  

Am I wrong or this time she announce earlier than with Gideon?

Now i'm curios to see what happens on mother day...something special or it will just be the usual post saying what a great mother mechelle was? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Quoted myself to yell at the autocorrector. I could swear I write VBAC damn. Anyway you have understoodbut is frustrating to reread what you post after sometime and see the errors!  

Am I wrong or this time she announce earlier than with Gideon?

Now i'm curios to see what happens on mother day...something special or it will just be the usual post saying what a great mother mechelle was? 

okay I had to go to her IG page but it seems she publicly announced her first pregnancy on August 30th. Gideon was born on feb 23 so yes she announced this one a little earlier then her previous pregnancy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic