IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Probably the book shilling and conference circuit. They are all scamming each other at some level.

And now with social media, they all really do seem to know one another. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Steve was friendly with the Pearls until Michael made snarky comments in an article about oversheltering children that was obviously a passive aggressive slam at the Maxwells

So beating infants and martial rape wasn't enough to put Steve off, but a personal shot was?

Evil, the two of them.

Oh silly Buffy. I am sure Debi wanted her wedding night to be a torturous tribute to Michael’s virility.

@JermajestyDuggar the Bates/Morton two degrees of separation recently threw me for a loop.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:12 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

the one ton ramp ...

couldn't find my post but they cover what made me ragey.

As a woman in IT with over a decade in exec management in an a very male dominated industry this really makes me want to talk shop with Steve and his team of technical penis-havers.

Clicked over, read the page...aaaaaaand that's enough FJ for tonight. Christ on a cracker.

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Steve was friendly with the Pearls until Michael made snarky comments in an article about oversheltering children that was obviously a passive aggressive slam at the Maxwells

Hold the phone! Are you tell me Michael Pearl called out somebody who over shelters their kids?  Isn’t he the one who won’t let children have even a second of alone time to change clothing or something? Or do I have the wrong Fundy Nut Job in mind

11 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Hold the phone! Are you tell me Michael Pearl called out somebody who over shelters their kids?  Isn’t he the one who won’t let children have even a second of alone time to change clothing or something? Or do I have the wrong Fundy Nut Job in mind

Not sure. He believed in children leaving the nest when they are 18. He doesn’t believe you should keep them at home if they want to be on their own or whatever. He said something like if you raised them right they should make the right choices. 

So Gigi - *gasps* - gets to read non-Christian books to the "kiddos" on Fridays. How could Steve possibly allow this?

DSC_3796.thumb.jpg.d896125ebf56ef101064f54aff3ad361.jpg

7 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

So Gigi - *gasps* - gets to read non-Christian books to the "kiddos" on Fridays. How could Steve possibly allow this?

DSC_3796.thumb.jpg.d896125ebf56ef101064f54aff3ad361.jpg

I want to know why Gigi's gift is books to read to the kids. Why didn't she get gifts for herself? Something she wants to read, something she likes, something she can take joy in? 

I'm all for families doing stuff together, even for their scheduled time on Friday mornings. But that should be separate from gifts, in my opinion. Send the kids over with books chosen by their parents/grandparents/Steve, whatever. But give Gigi a gift that is just for her. 

They take their idea of "practical" gifts way too far and, like everything else in life, take all the joy out of gift giving - and receiving. 

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I want to know why Gigi's gift is books to read to the kids. Why didn't she get gifts for herself? Something she wants to read, something she likes, something she can take joy in? 

I'm all for families doing stuff together, even for their scheduled time on Friday mornings. But that should be separate from gifts, in my opinion. Send the kids over with books chosen by their parents/grandparents/Steve, whatever. But give Gigi a gift that is just for her. 

They take their idea of "practical" gifts way too far and, like everything else in life, take all the joy out of gift giving - and receiving. 

I think the Maxwell lives revolve around children and I don’t think it’s healthy. They have too many children and then force everyone to participate in the raising of them. I see a lot of fundies like this. The Duggars did it to grandma Mary. Braggie does it to her own mother. Gigi had to help when the Maxwell children were young because Teri was overwhelmed. Now she gets gifts based around her reading to the grandkids. You are just expected in Maxhell to help with the children if you don’t have any young kids yourself. Whether you want to or not. 

Though I think GiGi does have more of a life than the Maxwells do. I mean she only seems to see them 1-2 times a week and she has her own church to go to (not the Maxwells'  home church, she goes to the same one in Ft Leavenworth where Nathan got married) so presumably friends and activities through there. 

It's still kinda sad though that she could well have a better social life than her granddaughters and she's the the one who lives on her own.

Lydia is way too old to be wearing that bib thing at the table and is Joshua wearing a chore pack thing on his shirt? 

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I completely agree.

I was also aghast at Melanie's gift:  Organizing bins.  WTH.  Is that supposed to be something for Melanie to enjoy, take joy in?  

23 minutes ago, Rosie said:

I completely agree.

I was also aghast at Melanie's gift:  Organizing bins.  WTH.  Is that supposed to be something for Melanie to enjoy, take joy in?  

Ehhhhh ... I can’t take too much offense at Ol’ Geege getting a Herriott book. She’s well past the age where my dad - and myself, a generation later - said of gifts, “if I can’t spend it or eat it, I don’t need it nor want it (thanks, though).”

I'm sure Aunt Tami (Terifying’s non-extremist sis)  sees to it that her mom gets things she likes. In fact, quite possible Teri & the Maxdults got her worldly (sic) things and Pharisteve instructed PSarah not to publicize those. 

And as mentioned, Gigi has friends outside her daughter’s  family, thank heaven, who no doubt feted her in a truly enjoyable fashion. 

Same with Mel’s organizers. I mean, I’m one of those organizing / downsizing types for whom stuff like that sparks joy. But again, what Mel’s FOO got her, and what she received in M-hell that the ‘borg chose not to feature, could be a whole ‘nother story, as they say.

17 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

In fact, quite possible Teri & the Maxdults got her worldly (sic) things and Pharisteve instructed PSarah not to publicize those. 

Pharisteve and Psarah...you have killed me!

And you're quite right, we're only treated to what they choose to reveal.

Quick thoughts on the Christmas Eve post:

• Chris has a real 70's cult leader vibe going on here.
  • Those pizza t-shirts seem way too whimsical for Steve and Teri. Aren't they afraid they're promoting selfishness and gluttony?
  • Which sinner gave Calia the anthropomorphic pandas? Did they forget the rules of Steve?
  • Love Gigi as always. She seems to be a genuinely warm and caring person.
  • I'd actually be happy to get storage bins as a gift. The damn things are expensive and I never have enough.

I can't believe the masters schedulers posted a christmas entry two weeks after the fact, who even cares at this point?

The posts don't seem like they take much time at all, just a few pics, caption it with "these two", "this crew", throw in a random bible verse at the end and that's it!

Also, this picture made me wanna go clean up my glasses.

Spoiler

DSC_3872-Edit.jpg

Calia got Calico Critters? I loved my Calico critters and house. I still have it from the 80s! And Phase 10? I played a version of that as a kid many nights. That game can be incredibly long. The Maxwell’s wouldn’t have approved of my late night card games with my cousins. 

Lydia appears to be wearing three different outfits that day. At breakfast she’s wearing a red dress, for the present opening she’s wearing something green, and then for the evening bit she seems to be wearing a turquoise dress. Did she get the others messy or something? Except she’s also wearing the red outfit in the photo behind the title, and that’s clearly at present time. Ruthie also changes from a red dress to something dark blue. Calia’s in the same pink dress for the whole post as far as I can tell. 

Goofy Anna and probably Scary Mary are stuck at the kiddy table and Abby sits with the adults.

DSC_3495-425x284.jpg

14 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Goofy Anna and probably Scary Mary are stuck at the kiddy table and Abby sits with the adults.

Will Abby beat all her Aunts to marriage? I wonder how they'd handle that. I can't imagine all the married w/kids are looking at their sisters and hoping that's what happens with their daughters. 

19 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

DSC_3495-425x284.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'd rather sit with the kids than the adults in this family.

I would LOVE if someone just handed me some organizer bins on a random day, but as a Christmas present? The fuck you say? 

I’ve noticed how in Maxwell photos John and Chelsy are always side by side. In Bontrager candid photos I saw many of John without Chelsy. Like in Maxwell- land couples are required to always sit by each other and at the Bontrager’s  they feel more comfortable to do things separately. 

I wonder why Jess needs two pairs or scissors?

Teri and Stevie not in matching outfits.... hi stevie!

2 hours ago, Babysitter said:

Will Abby beat all her Aunts to marriage? I wonder how they'd handle that. I can't imagine all the married w/kids are looking at their sisters and hoping that's what happens with their daughters. 

Maybe Nathan and Melanie try to praise Abby for her good, responsible behaviour? Maybe Abby is one of those tweens who enjoy adult conversation. Or she complains about being always with little siblings/cousins and needs a break. That poor girl, I hope she is allowed to do some activities out of home and meet other tweens.

But it's shocking to see a 11 year old being promoted while her 20 something aunts are still babysitting and eating in the kids table.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived