IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

For a Jan 26th boy I want Arthur Phillip Mahatma in honour of the Australian and Indian National Days. Doesn't have to be in that order, Mahatma Phillip Arthur, or any other variation would be fine!

Along those lines, how about Robert Burns Maxwell, January 25? (Robert Burns' birthday was January 25.)

When little Robbie grows up, he can read his namesake's poetry. :my_biggrin:

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Albacore! Albacore Whiting Maxwell. Sounds spiffing.

Love it but sounds too much like Dumbledore. And you know Chelsy knows about HP.  

I think I've already guessed, but I don't remember when or where, so I'll throw out a new guess! Boy, born tomorrow 1/27, middle name John. Maybe Matthew John? And around 7 lbs.

I am going to pick Martin Luther Maxwell. Why the hell not? Oh, yeah, and he was born a month ago but Sarah got Chelsy to jigger around postings because Steve hates having anything resembling a normal timeline.

I'm avoiding cleaning my tub, so here's what we have so far:

Name guesses:

Chester Steven Maxwell (church_of_dog)

Merlin Maxwell Maxwell (erunerune)

Gilet Violet Maxwell (nastyhobbitses)

Martin Luther Maxwell (nelliebelle1197)

Name and Date Guesses

Already born. (Katzchen24) Mark Mathew Maxwell

January 26. (petrushka) 7.5 pounds  ;  (albanuadh_1) Boy. John David or David John  ;  (Ozlsn) Arthur Phillip Mahatma or Mahatma Phillip Arthur (God, I love this.)

January 27. (Meee) Boy. Middle name John—maybe Matthew John? Around 7lbs.

January 30. (Ozlsn) Boy.

February 1. (Viola Sebastian) 7 pounds, 6 ounces. Boy. Paul Marlin.

By the way, I am not sure that Anna and Mary's absence from the single ladies pic means they did not attend - that just looks like a pre-gathering at Chelsy's house. They may not have been able to fit that on the schedule. Or Steve may have forbidden the girls to be in pics promoting a non-Maxwell conference.

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am going to pick Martin Luther Maxwell. Why the hell not? Oh, yeah, and he was born a month ago but Sarah got Chelsy to jigger around postings because Steve hates having anything resembling a normal timeline.

Jim Bob Michelle Maxwell  or Max Maxwell

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm avoiding cleaning my tub, so here's what we have so far:

Name guesses:

Chester Steven Maxwell (church_of_dog)

Merlin Maxwell Maxwell (erunerune)

Gilet Violet Maxwell (nastyhobbitses)

Martin Luther Maxwell (nelliebelle1197)

Name and Date Guesses

Already born. (Katzchen24) Mark Mathew Maxwell

January 26. (petrushka) 7.5 pounds  ;  (albanuadh_1) Boy. John David or David John  ;  (Ozlsn) Arthur Phillip Mahatma or Mahatma Phillip Arthur (God, I love this.)

January 27. (Meee) Boy. Middle name John—maybe Matthew John? Around 7lbs.

January 30. (Ozlsn) Boy.

February 1. (Viola Sebastian) 7 pounds, 6 ounces. Boy. Paul Marlin.

I know I've posted at least three guesses for names since they announced the pregnancy so there's probably more again. Given I picked this Wednesday I'll throw in yet another - Uriel James Mahatma Maxwell in honour of the archangel, James Cook (reached 71o10" south - only 1860km from the south pole on that date) and Mahatma Ghandi (assassinated on that date).  Or may this baby have faith (although not necessarily in Stevehovah), be curious and able to explore far afield, and be both a source of trouble to the powerful and a peacemaker.

For a girl I'm going Ariel Jeanne Beatrix  Maxwell - for the meaning of the name ("lioness of God"), Jeanne for Jeanne Baret who circumnavigated the world in 1766-69 (while disguised as a man) and Beatrix for Beatrix McCleary Hamburg, the first African-American woman admitted to Yale Medical School and who later developed conflict resolution programs to help combat violence and bullying in schools.

I think I have now officially spent longer thinking about this baby's name than I did my own. Hm.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:17 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

For a girl I vote for Gilet Violet Maxwell. 

I don't think I have ever heard the name Gilet before. How is it pronounced?

I made a guess ages ago and can't remember exactly what it was but I went with Debra for a girl. Let's say Debra Louise or Elias John. Why Louise? Why not?

I just went back and checked my predictions, and apparently I predicted a boy named Asher born in January. I'll guess January 28th.

I am just learning about these families and have been backreading her blog. 4 thoughts... 1. She does not like her father in law. Has never even mentioned him. Wouldn't think for a second they have anything in common except John. 2. Yes they do still go to the cheesecake shop, she has mentioned it 3. Boy, Austin John, US 29th. 4. I cannot deal with her makeup. That eyeliner should be thrown away.

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I don't think I have ever heard the name Gilet before. How is it pronounced?

Gilet means "vest" in French (jee-lay) -- I was trying to make a joke that she should name her kid Purple Vest. 

3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I made a guess ages ago and can't remember exactly what it was but I went with Debra for a girl. Let's say Debra Louise or Elias John. Why Louise? Why not?

I was scrolling fairly quickly past these posts, and thought @PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea had suggested Elton John if it was a boy. It would be worth it just to see Stevehovah's head explode.

Denver’s middle name is Elliot but I think it’s possible Chelsy might still go with it. The Duggars overlap a lot of middle names with cousins so the Bons might do it as well.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Gilet means "vest" in French (jee-lay) -- I was trying to make a joke that she should name her kid Purple Vest. 

Oh, thank you! I see now, and I approve your joke! ?

All I care about is whether or not the Bontragers (the family or just Chelsy herself) are going to beat Tits2 to the birth announcement.

And obviously the kid is going to be named Soft Pretzel Kombucha Maxwell. 

The Bontragers do not have any performances right now. I believe they are currently with the Bowers and Wissmann families at a prison ministry workshop in Alabama. The Bowers and Wissmann families have posted about being there but the Bons havents. However they haven’t scheduled any performances during this time just like the Wissmanns. They are also in the area so it makes sense they would also be there. If the Bontragers aren’t performing, maybe Chelsy’s sister or mom could leave and visit Chelsy if she did have the baby already. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived