IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

Lots of people prefer to say gender. Especially when it comes to a gender reveal. Nobody wants to say sex reveal or sex reveal party. It sounds kind of dirty, lol. But I typically say sex instead of gender. Of course fundies believe sex And gender are exactly the same.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes both Joe and Jess have been to some sort of it conference in Vegas and joe posted about it on his Twitter. Someone else who also attended stated that the after party was a big piss up and he also sadly suffered from a drink problem. One of the reversals also commented that the music at the party was too loud. Of course none of this will ever get mentioned on tits2. They are not as sheltered as Stevie trys to make out.

Jess is @bassplayer_7 and joe is @josephmaxs on Twitter. Not that they tweet much.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:31 PM, fundiefan said:

I also noticed that not one of her three single Maxwell "sisters" appears to have attened Allison's single girls retreat. Right there in Kansas, and all the girls at John & Chelsy's - and still, not a Maxwell single girl to be found. Steve has a short leash on those girls.  

Well of course they weren't allowed to go. Steve isn't about to risk his daughters hearing about other unmarried women having actual lives. May give them ideas.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, Jana814 said:

Steve definitely has a short leash on those girls. I have a client who’s daughter had more freedom at 16 then Sarah does at 37. 

I'm fairly sure my 12yo has more freedom than Sarah.

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The adult male Maxwell’s have likely gone to at least one wedding or event where alcohol was served. Joe and Elyssa took Calia to a very mainstream looking wedding of her cousin. 

Nathan and his crew definitely have because Mel's family drinks. Her sisters have posted pics from weddings and (Mel's sister) Anna's graduation from nursing school which they attended.

14 hours ago, JillyO said:

Interesting. Didn't Chelsy mention that the Cheesecake Factory is her favorite restaurant? They sure do have a bar at the Cheesecake Factory. I wonder if she's still allowed to go...

They definitely still go there. Chels also mentions going to Longhorn (they have a bar) with her parents recently.

I was disappointed to not see a Christmas tree at John and Chelsy's given that she grew up with one. Maybe it wasn't pictured? I mean, because what's the point of sleeping in the living room on Christmas Eve with no tree?

And finally, John looks hung over as hell in that Christmas morning pic. Must have hit the kombucha too hard the night before.

A total aside, but I'm going to lose my fucking mind if John doesn't get those windows cased soon.

52 minutes ago, Dru said:

Well of course they weren't allowed to go. Steve isn't about to risk his daughters hearing about other unmarried women having actual lives. May give them ideas.

Nathan and his crew definitely have because Mel's family drinks. Her sisters have posted pics from weddings and (Mel's sister) Anna's graduation from nursing school which they attended.

They definitely still go there. Chels also mentions going to Longhorn (they have a bar) with her parents recently.

I was disappointed to not see a Christmas tree at John and Chelsy's given that she grew up with one. Maybe it wasn't pictured? I mean, because what's the point of sleeping in the living room on Christmas Eve with no tree?

And finally, John looks hung over as hell in that Christmas morning pic. Must have hit the kombucha too hard the night before.

A total aside, but I'm going to lose my fucking mind if John doesn't get those windows cased soon.

Lololol! I know it bugs me too. It only bugs me because they did a huge amount of work before they got married and then once they married, the work went down to a snail’s pace. Which is understandable. I get it. They are busy busy busy. However they’ve been married for over a year now. You would think it would get done by now since it’s not a project that is super time intensive and Chelsy could likely help while pregnant (I don’t believe it would be a project filled with harsh fumes and chemicals). You can also still see part of a giant A on the kitchen backsplash. They probably assumed they would cover it with a tile backsplash not long after they got married. Now I just want them to paint the entire backsplash area gray and say fuck the tile backsplash. You don’t HAVE to have a tile backsplash. A durable paint would be fine. Chelsy is super thrifty so their not having a tree might be part of that. 

Oh yeah, Chels could totally do those window casings, though I'm sure she had no desire to climb a ladder once she got bigger. I cased all of the windows in my own house (no way I was letting my ex near a power saw. Lol) and it's really not that hard once you do one. The only possible issue could be the paint, but low VOC + respirator and it's no big.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lots of people prefer to say gender. Especially when it comes to a gender reveal. Nobody wants to say sex reveal or sex reveal party. It sounds kind of dirty, lol. But I typically say sex instead of gender. Of course fundies believe sex And gender are exactly the same.

I try to use the words correctly, but I grew up using "gender" (partly because sex was a dirty word or something), so these days I have to concentrate for a minute to figure out which word to use. I keep working at it hoping it becomes more natural.

8 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I try to use the words correctly, but I grew up using "gender" (partly because sex was a dirty word or something), so these days I have to concentrate for a minute to figure out which word to use. I keep working at it hoping it becomes more natural.

I think this is the case for many people. Not even because of the dirty word thing - just because of what we knew then and what we know now. It’s a matter of retraining our brain.

11 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

This. I’m gay and when I have children I’ll find out the gender, it has nothing to do with transgender issues. I just want to know boy or girl? 

genetic testing will tell you what the biological sex is of your unborn child. Gender identity is in the brain.

43 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

genetic testing will tell you what the biological sex is of your unborn child. Gender identity is in the brain.

I know the difference, I was saying that it’s not just fundie speak to find out the gender of a child, I wouldn’t say sex either. I must not have been clear. 

21 hours ago, Dru said:

Where are you all seeing photos of Joseph & family and Nathan & family?

32 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Where are you all seeing photos of Joseph & family and Nathan & family?

Melanie's sister Grace has posted pictures on Twitter and Facebook over the years. Also Joseph posted pictures of Jesse and himself at a conference on Twitter.

I'm going to go with February 1. 7 pounds, 6 ounces. Boy. Paul Marlin. 

I never, ever get anywhere close on these things, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I thought it was curious that there was no new blog post today, when they usually have one on Fridays. Something going on maybe? 

If not, I think the baby will be here within the next three days - a boy, no idea on the name. 

I rarely make these kinds of prefictions, but I'll guess Chester Steven Maxwell.  No clue on date/weight etc.

I'm guessing Saturday night, no idea on the sex, baby will weigh about 7.5 lbs, and the Bontragers will post the birth before the Maxwells even though they are on the road.

1 minute ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I had predicted Jan. 21 but now I'm going with Jan. 26, boy, John David or David John. lol

For a Jan 26th boy I want Arthur Phillip Mahatma in honour of the Australian and Indian National Days. Doesn't have to be in that order, Mahatma Phillip Arthur, or any other variation would be fine!

I lay outside odds on “Merlin Maxwell Maxwell.” I just need a Merlin.

8 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I had predicted Jan. 21 but now I'm going with Jan. 26, boy, John David or David John. lol

I don't care what they name the unfortunate baby as long as it's not something totally ludicrous like Spurgeon, but I am glad that the baby did not arrive on Monday.

24 minutes ago, erunerune said:

I lay outside odds on “Merlin Maxwell Maxwell.” I just need a Merlin.

Lol her dad is Marlin. Like the fish. Maybe another fish name? Crappie Maxwell? ;)

My real guess will be Ethan John Maxwell. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol her dad is Marlin. Like the fish. Maybe another fish name? Crappie Maxwell? ;)

My real guess will be Ethan John Maxwell. 

Albacore! Albacore Whiting Maxwell. Sounds spiffing.

I'm going for already born, Mark Mathew Maxwell because why not! 

I don't want the baby named Marlin in any way, shape or form.  Unless it's a girl.

Spoiler

It's my middle name, inherited from my grandmother who inherited it from her 4th great-grandfather's first wife.  We are descended from the second wife.  The sorta gggg-grandmother's mother's maiden name was Marlin.  I'm curious how this name got passed down.  It's certainly not common and I can't find any evidence that intervening women had the name.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived