IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

12 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

I am just learning about these families and have been backreading her blog. 4 thoughts... 1. She does not like her father in law. 

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm predicting a boy, born on the 28th.

Elliot John

Well I got the middle name right!

Axton John born 26 January 

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2019/01/our-baby-has-arrived.html?m=1

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that someone called Chelsy went for another odd spelling. I’m comforted by the idea that Steve would have had a fit.

And looks like another homebirth ending in a c-section. Chelsy seems happy enough though. And baby is v. cute.

Axton? Really? Blah.

Yes, does sound like home birth gone to C-Section. Ugh, I really wish these fundie girls would just do a hospital birth at least with their first baby. Just for safety and so they get a sense of what childbirth actually entails. 

Interesting that little Axton (ugh) was born Saturday night, but there was no announcement on Tits2. I guess Chelsy and John wanted to announce for themselves. 

I think I win!!! I said Jan 26th and 7lbs8oz named Ethan John but he’s Axton John, born on the 26th, and 7lbs5oz. 

3 minutes ago, catlady said:

That’s a lot of x’s in one name. 

I didn't even think that at first. Axton Maxwell - it's sounds very harsh. 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

Interesting that little Axton (ugh) was born Saturday night, but there was no announcement on Tits2. I guess Chelsy and John wanted to announce for themselves. 

As much as the Maxwell blog annoys me in its timeliness, I can get behind this one; he’s Chelsy and John’s baby, so he’s their news to announce. 

1 minute ago, catlady said:

As much as the Maxwell blog annoys me in its timeliness, I can get behind this one; he’s Chelsy and John’s baby, so he’s their news to announce. 

Definitely - it's nice that they are breaking more and more from the mother ship. 

Must piss Steve off. 

I was nervous for her when she posted her 40 week bump picture on insta. I don't think she got prenatal care other than a midwife (based on what she had said). I also am glad it ended well with a healthy baby and mom. I can't imagine laboring for 24 hours outside of a hospital. As someone with really similar beliefs as J&C, I know that the hospital has so much that can help you relieve pain and help delivery. Jinger Vuolo is a great example of this.

2 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I was nervous for her when she posted her 40 week bump picture on insta. I don't think she got prenatal care other than a midwife (based on what she had said). I also am glad it ended well with a healthy baby and mom. I can't imagine laboring for 24 hours outside of a hospital. As someone with really similar beliefs as J&C, I know that the hospital has so much that can help you relieve pain and help delivery. Jinger Vuolo is a great example of this.

I was having strong contractions that were completely unpredictable for 18 hours at home before I went to the hospital. It sucked but I kind of wanted to just be screaming and moaning at home. I’m so loud when I’m in pain, lol.

Oh wow, congratulations to them!

Axton? What's that mean/where's it from? How totally out of left field.

And are we sure it was a C-section? I only skimmed her blog post but I don't see anything about C-section.

2 minutes ago, meee said:

Oh wow, congratulations to them!

Axton? What's that mean/where's it from? How totally out of left field.

And are we sure it was a C-section? I only skimmed her blog post but I don't see anything about C-section.

Not confirmed but given she was transferred to hospital after 24 hours, and the set up with her hospital bed, it seems likely. 

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think I win!!! I said Jan 26th and 7lbs8oz named Ethan John but he’s Axton John, born on the 26th, and 7lbs5oz. 

You definitely win--several of us guessed the 26th but you also got the sex correct, and closest to the weight!!  I think Ethan would have been a better choice than Axton, but nobody consulted me, lol.

Just now, Captain Obvious said:

Not confirmed but given she was transferred to hospital after 24 hours, and the set up with her hospital bed, it seems likely. 

Thanks! Do you mind elaborating? (feel free to message me if this is going to turn into thread drift) I don't have any experience with C-sections and it looks like a regular hospital bed to me, so I'm just curious.

18 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I didn't even think that at first. Axton Maxwell - it's sounds very harsh. 

Especially since the Max-half of the family seems to love nicknames for the young kids -- so, "Ax Maxwell"?  Or maybe it's C&J's way to ensure he isn't nicknamed against their wishes?  Or, on the third hand, they might plan for him to go by something other than "Ax" from the start -- anything from Axton "John" Maxwell to Acton "Bubba" Maxwell...

I hope they're ready for everyone to call him Jackson, all the time. I have friends who named their first son Daxton and everyone they meet thinks it's Jackson. They named their next son James.

I’m just going to call A. J. Maxwell “AJax” or AxMax. Hmmm the choices. 

Had she had gone with Thomas John Maxwell I would have called him TJ Maxx. 

@JermajestyDuggar  Aha, I bet you are right about AJ being his nickname!  And I actually kinda like that...

(lol TJ Maxx...)

I thought they wouldn’t go with something biblical. John is kind of predictable, Axton is not.

There used to be a kid called Axton in the year below me at primary school, he left at some point though. He had some kind of SEN (not sure what) so perhaps he went to a special school. 

3 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Any time a fundie couple's firstborn's name begins with an "A" I assume they're going to try to make it to baby "Z."

I thought of that! But I doubt it with them because Nathan and Melanie already have the ABC theme going on.

Nameberry says Axton means "sword stone" or "swordsman's stone" and is "macho to the max". So I guess that explains that?

Maybe a la baby Wallace Bontrager we'll hear some kind of bullshit about how he is "fighting in the war for souls for Jesus" or that he will be a "sword for the Lord" or whatever.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived