IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Come to the North East lol In NYC everyone wears black to every wedding

I from that area as well. Black is always my go to. I have a blue dress jacket that I wear with my black outfit for color. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I from that area as well. Black is always my go to. I have a blue dress jacket that I wear with my black outfit for color. 

This whole thread drift is perfect timing. Mr. Kittens and I are invited to a daytime wedding a week before Christmas and I’m at a loss of what to wear. I have a lovely wine color circle skirt sweater dress I was thinking of wearing. Black jewelry, shoes, and purse. Too causal? Wrong color?  The groom is a friend of Mr. Kittens, so I met him briefly at our wedding and have never met his fiancée. Thoughts would be appreciated as I don’t want to make a major faux pas. 

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've never seen so many women in black at a wedding.  I guess the prohibition on this isn't a thing anymore.

Is there a thing about black at weddings? I know not to wear white to a wedding but I wouldn’t think twice to wear a little black dress to an evening wedding??

1 minute ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

This whole thread drift is perfect timing. Mr. Kittens and I are invited to a daytime wedding a week before Christmas and I’m at a loss of what to wear. I have a lovely wine color circle skirt sweater dress I was thinking of wearing. Black jewelry, shoes, and purse. Too causal? Wrong color?  The groom is a friend of Mr. Kittens, so I met him briefly at our wedding and have never met his fiancée. Thoughts would be appreciated as I don’t want to make a major faux pas. 

I think this sounds quite nice. Daytime weddings I feel are hard. If you think the color is dark for day time you could accessorize with lighter colored jewelry/ shoes/ bag! A week before Christmas... depending on weather sweater dress sounds completely appropriate!

5 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

Unless the wedding specifies a level of formality, I think that sounds quite nice. 

For all those kids and pregnancies (Michelle), JB and M really have weathered it all pretty well. There is no justice.

For all those kids and pregnancies (Michelle), JB and M really have weathered it all pretty well. There is no justice.

It's all that sweet fellowship (both) and progesterone (Michelle). Good for the skin [emoji81]

16 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

s there a thing about black at weddings? I know not to wear white to a wedding but I wouldn’t think twice to wear a little black dress to an evening wedding??

Traditionally, black was the color of mourning and wearing it to a wedding signified that you were so upset that you felt like someone had died. It was considered very, very rude. It’s a rule that has been totally given up in the Northeast and is still usually observed in the South (though even in the South you won’t get more than a little side-eye). If I was in Proper Southern Lady mode at a wedding and I saw Whitney, my reaction would be, “Bless her heart, they didn’t teach her any better at Sonic.” I really love the dress though.

This was a great looking wedding party. I actually like John's suit with the white tie. I like the bridesmaids' dresses. And I love Abbie's dress. It looks fantastic on her, and I think it may be my favourite Duggar wedding gown so far. I can't get over how happy and relaxed JD looks with her, and honestly, she looks the same. All else aside, I do sincerely hope they have a long and happy life together.

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Such a non-Duggary bridesmaid group!

tumblr_phu2dfFAST1qet7nn_540.jpg

Are some of those kids Josh's?

tumblr_phu2diykr51qet7nn_540.jpg

Jana is stunning

Wedges really?

I am no fashinista but wedges with a formal dress like that?

Yeah, in the South, wearing black to a wedding will still get a side-eye, and in some circles it's just "not done."

45 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Traditionally, black was the color of mourning and wearing it to a wedding signified that you were so upset that you felt like someone had died. It was considered very, very rude. It’s a rule that has been totally given up in the Northeast and is still usually observed in the South (though even in the South you won’t get more than a little side-eye). If I was in Proper Southern Lady mode at a wedding and I saw Whitney, my reaction would be, “Bless her heart, they didn’t teach her any better at Sonic.” I really love the dress though.

I am nowhere near a southern lady but my first reaction was, she wore black to a wedding? I would never do it. Most probably because for me, black is for funerals. If you don't have that belief she looks lovely. She looks lovely anyway, I personally just don't like black at weddings. It does suck for women folk because a black suit on men is fine....

How many sisters does Abbie have? I'm assuming a few of those girls are sisters or cousins and whoa, those genes are strong. Their babies might have a real chance of escaping the Jim Bob curse.

8 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

How many sisters does Abbie have? I'm assuming a few of those girls are sisters or cousins and whoa, those genes are strong. Their babies might have a real chance of escaping the Jim Bob curse.

She has 4 sisters. The 2 closest on each side. There's a set of twins among them.

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

@JermajestyDuggar I can honestly say I've never ever seen anyone wear jeans to a wedding. Didn't know it was a thing tbh

Yeah I've seen it a lot at the weddings of my white friends. I was a bridesmaid once and the wedding party were the only people not in jeans.

Sorry to go back to something from several pages ago, but I have to chime in. 

No way TLC/production didn’t allow Derick to attend. We think of their lives in terms of television but the fact is this wasn’t a TV shoot, it was John David’s wedding. Derick was certainly invited and he probably attended. I bet he didn’t allow Jill and the boys to participate in the congrats videos without him. Alternatively if he was invited but did not attend, I’m assuming he blamed school but he’s actually on the outs with the family/his FIL. That’s just speculation but I can see why they’d be uncomfortable around each other.

i think it’s perfectly reasonable that Abbie only had one Duggar bridesmaid. She has only known her groom for six months. How close would she actually be to his sisters? Besides, these people have their own siblings and other mega families they’ve known their whole lives. I’m a little surprised Jana was bestowed the honor, honestly.

I think everyone has forgiven Josh. I’m pretty sure the molestation was forgiven long before we knew of it and everyone was mostly angry about the cheating scandal because it ultimately threatened their livelihood and their “ministry.” They got the show back, so all is well. Besides that, it was truly a transgression against Anna and if she has moved on, it would be hard to justify anyone else continuing to be unforgiving in their circle of belief.

2 minutes ago, Pete Pickles said:

Sorry to go back to something from several pages ago, but I have to chime in. 

No way TLC/production didn’t allow Derick to attend. We think of their lives in terms of television but the fact is this wasn’t a TV shoot, it was John David’s wedding. Derick was certainly invited and he probably attended. I bet he didn’t allow Jill and the boys to participate in the congrats videos without him. Alternatively if he was invited but did not attend, I’m assuming he blamed school but he’s actually on the outs with the family/his FIL. That’s just speculation but I can see why they’d be uncomfortable around each other.

i think it’s perfectly reasonable that Abbie only had one Duggar bridesmaid. She has only known her groom for six months. How close would she actually be to his sisters? Besides, these people have their own siblings and other mega families they’ve known their whole lives. I’m a little surprised Jana was bestowed the honor, honestly.

I think everyone has forgiven Josh. I’m pretty sure the molestation was forgiven long before we knew of it and everyone was mostly angry about the cheating scandal because it ultimately threatened their livelihood and their “ministry.” They got the show back, so all is well. Besides that, it was truly a transgression against Anna and if she has moved on, it would be hard to justify anyone else continuing to be unforgiving in their circle of belief.

But why was Josh in the vidoes if they were TLC? are they trying to bring him back?

13 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

But why was Josh in the vidoes if they were TLC? are they trying to bring him back?

Maybe the videos aren’t a TLC product. They aren’t branded and weren’t published on the TLCme website. 

If it wasn’t done by TLC and Derick wasn’t there, it’s weird that Jill didn’t jump in the Jeremy/jinger/Kendra/joe group. That’s why I think, whether he was there or not, he doesn’t want to be seen in anything affiliated with the brand and is putting that on jill as well. Again, I’m speculating, but I really think he’s clashing with Jim Bob. To me, their living arrangement is telling to that.

39 minutes ago, Pete Pickles said:

To me, their living arrangement is telling to that.

How so?

1 hour ago, Pete Pickles said:

I wonder if she was given the honour not necessarily because she is close to Abbie but because she is very close to John David. 

This is easily my favourite Duggar wedding for the bridal party look. Abbie's dress is pretty and hasn't been hideously altered from what I can see.  I am considering a very similar style for my wedding. I don't care about modesty, but I have big boobs and really don't want to go strapless or with a dress where I can't wear a proper bra. I also like the bridesmaid's dresses and think they are a good example of how you can pick something modest without it being ugly or cheap looking. 

If I saw that picture of the bridal party, I would just think it came from any "normal" wedding tbh. 

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Jana is stunning

Wedges really?

I am no fashinista but wedges with a formal dress like that?

7 minutes ago, Firebird said:

I do like her train. It adds a little to the dress.

the more pics I see the more I think she looked lovely 

I did think she looked lovely before just a bit bland and run of the mill

Also the more I look at it esp in that group bridesmaid pic. Other than the curly hair Jana and Abbie could be twins.

15 minutes ago, habert said:

Looks like they didn’t run down the aisle lol

Maybe because they're adults?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived