IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 3: Living in the White Evangelical Bubble

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Didn't someone (I don't remember who) say that they think that for some activities pants are more modest than skirts? Maybe Joy when she went skiing on her honeymoon?

I thought it was Jessa who said it during the sky trip episode in Colorado. As she was explaingin, TLC showed flashback of Jessa and Michelle in their skydiving gear (which was a big jumpsuit) (I might be imagining things tho). But it would make sense if Joy explained it as well. She was also wearing a jumpsuit when she did some hang gliding during her honeymoon.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Whoops...guess I better stop buying these for couples  thinking I came up with a creative gift. ?

We got married last summer, but moved far away from family and friends shortly afterwards.  I would have loved to get a bunch of (or any!) ornaments as gifts, but I don't think it's going to happen. So even if it's not that original, I think it's still appreciated. ?

We don't have any ornaments for the tree this year, actually, so we decided to hang the holiday cards we received on the tree.  I kind of like it, it's festive and personal, and I get to look at pictures of my loved ones on the tree. 

Whoops...guess I better stop buying these for couples  thinking I came up with a creative gift. [emoji15]

Oh no! We loved them and if we hadn’t gotten them we wouldn’t have had many ornaments for the tree that year. I didn’t mean it that way I’m sorry.

12 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Whoops...guess I better stop buying these for couples  thinking I came up with a creative gift. ?

I only got one and I love it! Ours is so pretty. 

9 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

We got married last summer, but moved far away from family and friends shortly afterwards.  I would have loved to get a bunch of (or any!) ornaments as gifts, but I don't think it's going to happen. So even if it's not that original, I think it's still appreciated. ?

We don't have any ornaments for the tree this year, actually, so we decided to hang the holiday cards we received on the tree.  I kind of like it, it's festive and personal, and I get to look at pictures of my loved ones on the tree. 

Thank you for this idea! I never have anywhere to put my cards so I will do that next year! I think it’s too late for this year.

2 hours ago, minniestwin said:

Oh no! We loved them and if we hadn’t gotten them we wouldn’t have had many ornaments for the tree that year. I didn’t mean it that way I’m sorry.

Oh, you don't have to apologize. If people are getting a bunch of them, I want to know so I can get people something else. 

I agree with whoever said the morning sickness. I thought the same thing when I looked at her face in that picture.  Like she's holding on to nausea.  

I doubt she is pregnant. That doesn't look like a "holding back nausea" face to me - it looks like how everyone looks when the camera flash hits them in a dark room. I think it's just an unfortunate facial expression and he wanted to post it because it's them with their ornament. 

3 hours ago, LillyP said:

I doubt she is pregnant. That doesn't look like a "holding back nausea" face to me - it looks like how everyone looks when the camera flash hits them in a dark room. I think it's just an unfortunate facial expression and he wanted to post it because it's them with their ornament. 

You doubt she's pregnant? This is a 19 year old that's been having unprotected sex with a 23 year old probably every night for 2.5 months, meanwhile coming from a family that worships procreation. Even if it's not a nausea face, the odds are she's knocked up.

15 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

You doubt she's pregnant? This is a 19 year old that's been having unprotected sex with a 23 year old probably every night for 2.5 months, meanwhile coming from a family that worships procreation. Even if it's not a nausea face, the odds are she's knocked up.

I do doubt it.

Could she be? Of course. Any of the married couples could be at any time. That being said I think if any of them is doing something to delay, be it abstaining during ovulation/etc, it would potentially be Josie. Do I think she's running around using birth control or condoms? Not likely. But I'd be willing to bet she's charting her cycle and is very aware of her fertile days. My perception of her is that she might be the one Bates girl who actually does want to enjoy married life and freedom a little before getting saddled with a bunch of kids.

The fact that she has sex means she could be pregnant. The fact that she has a stupid face in a photo? That does not mean she could be pregnant. That simply means she got caught with an awkward look in the middle of a photo. My comment was in response to those saying she's pregnant because she has a shitty look on her face. 

2 hours ago, LillyP said:

Could she be? Of course. Any of the married couples could be at any time. That being said I think if any of them is doing something to delay, be it abstaining during ovulation/etc, it would potentially be Josie. Do I think she's running around using birth control or condoms? Not likely. But I'd be willing to bet she's charting her cycle and is very aware of her fertile days. My perception of her is that she might be the one Bates girl who actually does want to enjoy married life and freedom a little before getting saddled with a bunch of kids.

Could you elaborate on why you've formed this opinion? I don't watch their show and I'm curious as to what it is about Josie that makes you think she'd be more likely to want to prevent pregnancy than her sisters have been.

What makes me think she's pregnant is the Instagram story one of them posted last night (I think either Erin or Lawson) - a bunch of the family is standing around Josie and Kelton. It reminds me of when Alyssa walked in with an "expecting" shirt on and they all gathered around her. Hopefully a better bet than her randomly looking tired in a photo.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Could you elaborate on why you've formed this opinion? I don't watch their show and I'm curious as to what it is about Josie that makes you think she'd be more likely to want to prevent pregnancy than her sisters have been.

I don't have this opinion, but there was either a FB or insta live either with a group for BuB or just lawson and a comment came through about her probably already being pregnant and she was seemingly disgusted/annoyed. Granted, if I were 19 and people were saying that and up until that point my whole life was focused around me being a pure virgin, I'd probably respond negatively, too. That could be a "disgust" because she doesn't want to be pregnant immediately or (more likely) just based on people judging her body/knowing she's now having sex. Who knows. Of course it was a live and isn't saved so this is based on my sketchy memory LOL so add a grain of salt. 

I try not to hop on pregnancy speculation buses, but she definitely looks extremely exhausted with a forced smile in every recent photo of her. Maybe it's not pregnancy and it's just two youngins staying up all night enjoying marital bliss. But something in her face definitely changed. 

She looks exhausted and like she might be not feeling great, but there is more than one explanation for why that might be the case. She might have just had a couple of rough nights sleep, she might have cramps, she might be getting over a virus, she might just have been feeling "off" that day, she might be pregnant. 

18 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't think any of them have strayed all that far from how they were brought up, and I'm not saying Josie is 100% not pregnant. She could shock me and have jumped on the baby train ASAP like the rest of them. If she is I'll eat my words. That being said, Josie is basically the only one who showed any sort of initiative to have a "real" job. Going to cosmetology school and working in a salon is not something we've seen before. Sure, Erin taught piano (from home!) and Alyssa worked in a flower shop (if I'm not mistaken wasn't it owned by an aunt?). None of those were long-term career goals, more something to pass the time until they got married. Josie is the only one who actually went and got a useful education that provides money. She just seems to be constantly bucking tradition with her outside wedding, pants literally the week after she got married (yes I know Alyssa switched fast too), cutting her hair, working outside the home, etc. I can totally see her being the daughter that wants to enjoy life a little bit before settling down. She's always given me that vibe, even during previous interviews, that she doesn't enjoy being a sister-mom. 

Obscuring the rest of her face and simply looking at her eyes, her expression most definitely conveys happiness. That's all we can say. You can't divine someone's true level of happiness by looking at a photograph of their eyes. I know people think they can, but they can't. It doesn't work like that.

19 hours ago, Hisey said:

Her eyes don't look happy. Erin, Zach, Alyssa. .. they were all glowing with happiness 3 months after their wedding.

I think you're just projecting that because you think Kelton's a douche. Which he probably is. But that doesn't mean that Josie does and is unhappy.

She probably looks tired because Christmas is exhausting. She was possibly up late wrapping or decorating or figuring out what to wear. She may have been out late at a different holiday party. I'm exhausted by the night before Thanksgiving and don't typically feel fully human again until midway through January. 

Isn't Josie more of an introvert, or am I remembering wrong? I thought she was the one who shared her room with Alyssa. I'd imagine that being newly married and living in a new place/away from home for the first time, working, and dealing with the holiday season might tire anyone out, but for a more introverted person, even more so.

24 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The bottom of that dress looks like lingerie.

Especially with the oversized sweatshirt merely on top of it.

In the pics that Michael posted on IG (sorry I don’t know how to link it) it looks like Josie has her ears double pierced. Not a big deal I guess after seeing Jill’s nose ring but she did that quickly  considering the Bates don’t let the girls get pierced ears when they live at home   

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived