IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 3: Living in the White Evangelical Bubble

Coconut Flan

I went on this Allison's Instagram and  I've decided she's not a good fit for Nathan. She's got several photos of her hair in up hairstyles! Doesn't she know she'll regret wearing her hair up for the rest of her life when she looks back at those photos! ?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I went on this Allison's Instagram and  I've decided she's not a good fit for Nathan. She's got several photos of her hair in up hairstyles! Doesn't she know she'll regret wearing her hair up for the rest of her life when she looks back at those photos! ?

If it's Nathan repellent, I'm all for wearing your hair up!

I'm not sure there is any female I would stick with Nathan, not until he shows sign of not longer being a controlling asshole. 

Josie and Kelton are in New York for the weekend:

65540D0F-9811-425F-9C42-5BC25E2656C0.thumb.png.a1f744300968708de5a306329dcbebd7.png

Spoiler

They are way too close to my state/area for comfort. GTFO! Also, I’ve gotta wonder if they know that Muse Paintbar is a place to drink wine as you paint. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Josie and Kelton are in New York for the weekend:

65540D0F-9811-425F-9C42-5BC25E2656C0.thumb.png.a1f744300968708de5a306329dcbebd7.png

Reveal hidden contents

They are way too close to my state/area for comfort. GTFO! Also, I’ve gotta wonder if they know that Muse Paintbar is a place to drink wine as you paint. 

I was going to say tha maybe they did know about the wine and that’s why they went, until I realized that Josie isn’t of legal age to drink. 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

They are way too close to my state/area for comfort. 

Waaaay too close.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, nokidsmom said:

To be honest, I find this to be rather sad.  Both do the work necessary to earn the degree but due to the programs being non-accredited, the degrees will not hold much water in the real world.   This won't bother them, of course, as in their limited world, a BA in Biblical Studies of Whatever is perfectly acceptable.  Not sure if they even know the difference.  But what if sometime in the future, either attempts to get a position that requires a accredited degree, again not knowing the difference, and they are turned down?  Could be a cold dose of reality.

Based on this, if Carlin transferred her credits to Liberty, that's a good thing for if/when she completes the program. 

It's painful. I was halfway through my junior year at an unaccredited Bible college. Some colleges will accept some credits or will give you some type of experience credit. I did find a college that would have accepted my work so far as 30 credits. But the University that I was working at didn't accept anything at all (granted, they don't even take all CLEP credits!) so I started back at square one. I had a sibling who had completed a "degree" at an unaccredited Bible college but the accredited college they attended afterward did let them CLEP out of as many classes as they could which saved time and money.

I'm not in the camp that thinks that unaccredited Bible colleges shouldn't be allowed to operate. They do prepare you for a future in the field and provide students with what fundie churches and schools are looking for in pastors and teachers. As long as they are clear that the degree is unaccredited then the students are aware of what they're (not) getting for their money and time. It's just that a lot of us change our plans as we age. I highly recommend all HS graduates heading to junior college, getting an accredited 2 year degree and THEN deciding where to head from there. No matter how their plans change over time, they have those two years taken care of (you could also get these two years at a four year college, but the expense would be greater). Most colleges will take an associates degree for 60 credits even if they would tear apart an attempt to transfer 60 credits that aren't bundled as a degree.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:00 PM, formergothardite said:

I'm not sure there is any female I would stick with Nathan, not until he shows sign of not longer being a controlling asshole. 

Disturbingly, I think Nurie Rodrigues (barring her mother) is exactly the kind of girl Nathan wants/will end up with. Sweet, meek, obedient, Godly, perfectly trained by Jill. I'm certain somebody with her temperament would bring out the absolute worst qualities in him. 

I hope he stays single for a very long time. 

Jill would sell part of her soul to green bean Satan if Nathan would marry Nurie. I'm sure you are right, Nurie is exactly what Nathan wants. A well trained maiden who has had all independent thoughts beaten out of her and will bow to his ever whim. 

2 hours ago, miss_batson said:

IMG_20190121_105614_280.jpg

I feel like we should jokingly start a “It’s Been X Days Since <insert married female fundie’s name here>’s Abdomen Has Been Clearly Seen: Pregnant, Coincidence, or Slick Attention Grab?!,” counter.

(Disclaimer: This is 100% a joke about how focused some people can get on this subject and is in no way to be taken as a serious suggestion. Please don’t actually do this.)

Josie and Kelton spent a weekend in NY learning to paint? I'm surprised. Was it related to any church? It sounds incredible expensive for a weekend. But if that means they are enjoying their marriage and doing creative activities, while travelling, good for them. 

12 hours ago, miss_batson said:

IMG_20190121_105614_280.jpg

Really? He just couldn't hold his painting. He had to put a possessive hand on her? Yes I am projecting. Fundies irritate me.

Edit, oh the other guy is doing it too. Since they posed with them, he can go in the irritating Fundie camp too.... 

I looked at that picture sideways and some of those paintings look a bit like external female genitalia and I will see myself to the prayer closet now. 

11 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I looked at that picture sideways and some of those paintings look a bit like external female genitalia and I will see myself to the prayer closet now. 

you know I was kind of getting vagina vibes too...

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Me three. There's enough of us in the closet now to have a party. I'll bring box wine and nachos.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:23 PM, formergothardite said:

Jill would sell part of her soul to green bean Satan if Nathan would marry Nurie.

But Kelly would materialize in a puff of smoke to snatch Nathan away and deny the devil his due.

18 hours ago, Casserole said:

They are very O'Keefeian in their vaginal-resemblance-ness.

17 hours ago, Dandruff said:

But Kelly would materialize in a puff of smoke to snatch Nathan away and deny the devil his due.

The look on Kelly and Gil's faces if their family had to be connected to Rod family would be priceless! They have worked so hard to sculpt their image and make sure they hide the crazy, but Jill would come busting in there letting all the crazy fundie out! That would be the one wedding they would decide not to put on television! 

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The look on Kelly and Gil's faces if their family had to be connected to Rod family would be priceless! They have worked so hard to sculpt their image and make sure they hide the crazy, but Jill would come busting in there letting all the crazy fundie out! That would be the one wedding they would decide not to put on television! 

I would RIOT if they didn't air the Batesdrigues Wedding Shitshow Extravaganza. I can see it now: JRod showing up in a poofy white dress and hitting on every unmarried Bates boy, the younger Rod kids being trotted up on stage to sing, Kaylee being practically thrown at Trace, JRod taking selfies with Michelle and Kelly, Michelle and Kelly trying to blink "HELP ME" in Morse Code while JRod shoves her phone camera in their faces for her FB live, Nurie trussed up in Party City's interpretation of Princess Diana's wedding dress...oh lord I'd want to watch this. 

I know Josie has done instastories about beauty products. Has she mentioned she 's using a new foundation or facial care?  She looks different in her pics as of late. I had to double take on at least the last few pictures. 

On 1/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Frankie From Grace and Frankie would make this kind of art.

12 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

I know Josie has done instastories about beauty products. Has she mentioned she 's using a new foundation or facial care?  She looks different in her pics as of late. I had to double take on at least the last few pictures. 

Kelton is glowing too. He must be pregnant! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived