IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 3: Living in the White Evangelical Bubble

Coconut Flan

I think cutting your hair can be an even bigger rebellion for fundie girls than donning a pair of jeans. I mentioned it on Jinger’s thread that I am surprised she hasn’t cut hers by now. Even though she’s still fundie, I think she’s now a different brand of fundie and cutting her hair would be a sort of rebellion against the old Gothard ways. Once you cut your hair, there’s no going back the next day. Your hair is now short and grows at a slow rate. With jeans or a tank top, you can take that off and wear a modest dress to church or your parents’ home the next day. There are more than just a Gothard fundies that focus on long hair. Pentecostal fundies never cut their hair. Amish women keep their hair long as well. And other fundies cover their hair along with keeping it long. I think it was a big deal when Ashley Salyer cut her hair. And it made me snicker since Nathan thinks women should have long hair. Fuck that.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought Joy would cut her hair the moment she got married because she seemed like such a tomboy, but Austin probably likes it long. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I always thought Joy would cut her hair the moment she got married because she seemed like such a tomboy, but Austin probably likes it long. 

I thought Joy would immediately start wearing pants since she is a very active person. She has no problem getting dirty, helping with physical work, and she always loved to play with her brothers outside. But of course she has to go with what her headship wants. I hope one day she feels confident enough to say to Austin that she wants to wear pants more because it’s just more practical for her life.

Joy Anna wore pants on their anniversary camping trip.

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It's unclear whether or not she wore a skirt over the pants, though.

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's unclear whether or not she wore a skirt over the pants, though.

If TLC filmed, I'm saying that she definitely wore a skirt over the pants. :P

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I pointed that out on the thread and wondered if she wore a skirt over it. A skirt over those thick hiking pants would have been ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I pointed that out on the thread and wondered if she wore a skirt over it. A skirt over those thick hiking pants would have been ridiculous. 

It looked ridiculous when Joy and Jessa wore skirts over pants to go work out.

It looked ridiculous when Jana and Jill,as voluteers for the fire department ,made "fire skirts".

Just now, melon said:

It looked ridiculous when Jana and Jill,as voluteers for the fire department ,made "fire skirts".

I feel like Anna once wore a skirt over snow pants ?‍♀️

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like Anna once wore a skirt over snow pants ?‍♀️

I think she did.Also,ridiculous.

And their swimwear is ridiculous.

Just now, melon said:

Just for the record, they didn't make fire skirts for going out on calls, just the dress uniform. So at least it wasn't a safety issue.

But yet, it was ridiculous.  From the L&E blog many years ago: 

"Jana and Jill needed uniforms for the formal, EMT side of the volunteer fire department. Anna, an expert seamstress who made all the bridesmaids dresses for her wedding, helped them turn unisex pants into skirts. 

"Jim Bob raved over his daughters' new outfits. He called them Mackynzie's "fire aunts." Hahaha!"

Pretty sure several of the Bates girls/women went skiing with skirts over ski pants not that long ago too. It was when Campbell Roberts was rumoured to be in a relationship with Trace for like five seconds.

22 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Pretty sure several of the Bates girls/women went skiing with skirts over ski pants not that long ago too. It was when Campbell Roberts was rumoured to be in a relationship with Trace for like five seconds.

Here’s a collage Kelly shared of that trip:

I think there was another photo floating around that showed several young women wearing the skirts over pants, but I don’t remember who shared it. 

I believe Jana was quietly in board shorts at Joe and Kendra’s bachelor lake party thing too.

Outdoor activity in pants is probably just a matter of comfort and transition for them at this point.

15 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I believe Jana was quietly in board shorts at Joe and Kendra’s bachelor lake party thing too.

Outdoor activity in pants is probably just a matter of comfort and transition for them at this point.

Both Jana and Joy were in long shorts for that event. Interestingly, it was both while they were out on the water and back on the dock for the rest of the festivities. And while out on the water, Jana had her shirt sleeves pushed all the way up to tank-top level.

Joy and Jana in Shorts 2.PNG

Yep, the Duggars have as a whole seemed a-ok with board shorts for water activities for a while now. Jinger was also pictured wearing track pants while still living at home, so I think they're probably fine with pants worn for exercise, hiking and so on. But it's always possible that as some of them leave home, get married, and become more liberal in certain ways, others may leave home, get married, and become even more conservative.

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Why is he holding a tiny ornament? What a weird photo. 

It looks like an "Our First Christmas" ornament.  The first Christmas after I got married we received about a dozen of them from friends and family.

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Yep, the Duggars have as a whole seemed a-ok with board shorts for water activities for a while now. Jinger was also pictured wearing track pants while still living at home, so I think they're probably fine with pants worn for exercise, hiking and so on. But it's always possible that as some of them leave home, get married, and become more liberal in certain ways, others may leave home, get married, and become even more conservative.

Didn't someone (I don't remember who) say that they think that for some activities pants are more modest than skirts? Maybe Joy when she went skiing on her honeymoon?

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Josie looks tired and like she doesn't want to be there. 

Someone's preggggooooo.

Peace be with Josie and her morning sickness.

On 12/18/2018 at 7:35 PM, melon said:

I think she did.Also,ridiculous.

And their swimwear is ridiculous.

So- slightly OT, but this made me think of it and laugh again. I was talking with someone about their goals for the new year and they said they liked to set crazy goals like "Jumping into a pool fully clothed. I mean, have you ever jumped into a pool fully  clothed?" I was a little flabbergasted for a second, but decided to say honestly, "Well, I was raised fundie, so yes. I've never jumped into a pool in a bikini, though, so. . ."

14 hours ago, minniestwin said:

The first Christmas after I got married we received about a dozen of them from friends and family.

Whoops...guess I better stop buying these for couples  thinking I came up with a creative gift. ?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived