IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 3: Living in the White Evangelical Bubble

Coconut Flan

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, this is not a nice thing to say, but he seems like the type of asshole to think there's no such thing as marital rape. There's just a vibe I get when I see him that makes me very uneasy, and it's not solely a result of that photo, though that didn't help his case. 

As always with negative vibes I get, I will gladly insert foot in mouth and be proven wrong any day over being correct. 

52 minutes ago, Casserole said:

but he seems like the type of asshole to think there's no such thing as marital rape.

I'd wager every fundie male thinks this. 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, candygirl200413 said:

This photo also reminded me of the photo Carlin and Evan took cause he also had her hand either on her ass. Was it just a lot of people like horny at Josie's wedding?!

I mean, yes, they are indeed very horney teenagers/young adults. I was probably even more disgusting with PDA at that age and I was getting laid. I can only imagine if I got married that young, I'd have trouble hiding it.

Also, we know that among fundies they go from no affection whatsoever to massive displays of it the second they've walked down the aisle. Thinking of the gross honeymoon makeout photos of Ben/Jessa in Paris (which her parents then copied, GROSS), Michael/Brandon in Yellowstone or wherever, and then all those wedding photos where they have all the couples kiss simultaneously.

8On the unpleasant subject of marital rape. 

.... It would probably take some time for one of these young women to realize that’s what was actually happening.

Their worldview isn’t designed for that.

Let us all hope they enjoy their baby making if they are going to do it,

Wow guys- don’t you think you are going a bit far? It’s one thing to discuss the problem of martial rape (in their circles and in general) but implying someone is actually doing it might be overstepping. Especially without any indication. Maybe I am too serious here but for me that’s going into slander territory. I know no one said outright he does it but saying one could imagine it or stating someone looks/act like he does it doesn’t sit well with me. I think I might leave this thread for a while.

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Wow guys- don’t you think you are going a bit far? It’s one thing to discuss the problem of martial rape (in their circles and in general) but implying someone is actually doing it might be overstepping. Especially without any indication. Maybe I am too serious here but for me that’s going into slander territory. I know no one said outright he does it but saying one could imagine it or stating someone looks/act like he does it doesn’t sit well with me. I think I might leave this thread for a while.

I so agree with you.  I keep coming back to this board every few weeks expecting to participate in some “snarking” which I though implied some level of sarcasm and thus intelligent and funny commentary.  Instead this entire discussion has been turned into  a hateful and intolerant character asassination of an immature 23 year old kid. Now hes a rapist?  because he grabbed his wifes butt and you’re getting bad “vibes”?  Seriously?  

858E4AE4-4FF3-4D4D-A855-9FF4BA83CE77.jpeg

I agree with @just_ordinary and @Naughty&nice.

discussion of martial rape in fundy circles in general and how it relates to women’s sexual agency in that community is one thing - but the implications based on an immature couple is really crossing a line.

We do NOT speculate about possible sexual assault victims on FJ - if someone not on mobile wants to link the rule I’d appreciate it. Do not speculate about alleged sexual assault victims.

All I know is that Kelton gives off a creepy vibe and that picture didn’t help.

I really disliked him from day one and that is unusual for me, especially from a tv show.

Whoa nellie! I really was speaking generally and not about Kelton.  I thought I’d phrased it as such.

We may not like him, but she does. I am not speculating anywhere on that bus.

I think for me he gives me the vibe of thinking he’s gained his “property” in Josie. I can see him thinking more like “it’s your job to do x,y,z for me”, where I personally don’t get that vibe from Chad, who seems to really value Erin for her, or Ben who seems to see Jessa as more of an equal. 

5 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Whoa nellie! I really was speaking generally and not about Kelton.  I thought I’d phrased it as such.

you did phrase it like that.  your post was appropriate as it didn't speculate.

It’s unpleasant to think about. And I believe it happens often. They (all young fundies) don’t have verbiage for it. That’s depressing.

I’d like to get this thread away from the Kelton is a potential asshole theme derailment again. He grabbed her butt. That shit happens. If we didn’t have preknowledge...I personally, would just roll my eyes. Too much pda,

On 11/30/2018 at 5:52 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm tempted to ask Kelton on IG what I should do if I'm a girl who wants to apprentice. He said guys only. Does my vagina stop me somehow?

Obviously! How can you be a plummer if you can’t hold the tools with your penis? Silly girl! 

:pb_rollseyes:

My husband and I joke about gender rules all the time in our house. Like, I'll tell him my vagina prevents me from mowing the lawn and what not, and if I mention dishes he's like "but my penis!" 

Then I get depressed thinking about how this actually exists. 

11 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I read your post and it seemed perfectly appropriate. You simply said that a fundie wife might not recognize marital rape right away. You didn't say anything about Kelton or anyone else. I think people must not have read your comment carefully. 

14 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

Instead this entire discussion has been turned into  a hateful and intolerant character asassination of an immature 23 year old kid. 

Aren't you the one who posted a picture of Josie at 15, using her looks as proof she was ready to enter a relationship? Because all 15-year olds who "look grownup" are ready to go out with men.

Yes, I just checked. That was one of your posts.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:14 PM, Naughty&nice said:

This is the picture right after the ass grab.   She doesn't look very embarrassed to me.   In fact she looks pretty pleased with herself.  I think they both liked doing that right under her parents noses.  After all the insane “dating rules” they were subjected to they were probably like “ hey mom & dad, guess what we’re gonna do now? Anything we damn well please.” 

I really hope she is absolutely fine with the ass grab and actually enjoyed it. I like the thought of Kelton doing this as some kind of provocation towards their parents. Yet he still creeps me out.

I'm not a fan of the grab, it makes me feel really uncomfortable and embarrassed for her. However, iirc in the photo that looks like it was taken straight after, she looks thrilled. To each their own.

I found this thread a little bit too strong (?) maybe for me, i mean is basically all about saying that Kelton is a raper and an asshole just form a bad vibe and a picture of an ass grab. I get that he is an immature 22 or 23 years old that just married a shelter 18 fundie girl, but i personally think that we have been gone a little bit too far, between this and his story on "the knot" site. Also there a lot of posters decided that he was a creepy based on a bad vibe, red flag coming from a text that was basically standard fundy speech. We saw a similar description of "love story" from other fundie guys and nobody said that they were so creepy. JMO of course 

6 hours ago, Hisey said:

I read your post and it seemed perfectly appropriate. You simply said that a fundie wife might not recognize marital rape right away. You didn't say anything about Kelton or anyone else. I think people must not have read your comment carefully. 

Aren't you the one who posted a picture of Josie at 15, using her looks as proof she was ready to enter a relationship? Because all 15-year olds who "look grownup" are ready to go out with men.

Yes, I just checked. That was one of your posts.

@Hisey you need to go back & read this discussion more carefully.  No one has a  problem with what @AliceInFundyland said.  She was speaking in general terms. The moderator stepped in because of the comments by @nausicaa , @Melissa1977, @LegHumperBibleThumper & @Casserole who all implied they thought Kelton might be raping Josie. (or put more delicately, hoped he wasn't.)

As you may have noticed we have kinda moved on from the discussion of Josies looks that took place several months ago, where you misquoted me just like you are doing now.   It looks kind of desperate for you to bring this up everytime you read one of my posts that you disagree with.

Try to win an argument on its merits dear.

27 minutes ago, Naughty&nice said:

@Hisey you need to go back & read this discussion more carefully.  No one has a  problem with what @AliceInFundyland said.  She was speaking in general terms. The moderator stepped in because of the comments by @nausicaa , @Melissa1977, @LegHumperBibleThumper & @Casserole who all implied they thought Kelton might be raping Josie. (or put more delicately, hoped he wasn't.)

As you may have noticed we have kinda moved on from the discussion of Josies looks that took place several months ago, where you misquoted me just like you are doing now.   It looks kind of desperate for you to bring this up everytime you read one of my posts that you disagree with.

Try to win an argument on its merits dear.

How did she misquote you? It would probably help your argument more to provide that detail. When you call people desperate and condescendingly refer to them as ‘dear’ but provide nothing to back up your own claim (that she misquoted you), it doesn’t exactly lend credence to your case.

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

We saw a similar description of "love story" from other fundie guys and nobody said that they were so creepy. JMO of course 

Which other fundie guy had a similar love story? I'm curious because I don't keep up with all of their stories. 

Kelton is a fundie guy who went to a fundie college and turned into a fundie Trump fan who apparently thinks his job is for men only. I don't need to get a 'vibe" to think he is almost certainly your typical fundie Trump man who thinks women should stay in their correct place, he pretty much spells it out for us. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Which other fundie guy had a similar love story? I'm curious because I don't keep up with all of their stories. 

Kelton is a fundie guy who went to a fundie college and turned into a fundie Trump fan who apparently thinks his job is for men only. I don't need to get a 'vibe" to think he is almost certainly your typical fundie Trump man who thinks women should stay in their correct place, he pretty much spells it out for us. 

Actually, the last plumber we had was a woman. Gotta admit, I was a bit surprised. In all my years of homeownership, I've never had a woman plumber. However, she did a great job and was polite and courteous. I was only sorry my daughters were not at home to see such a great role model for a woman who has entered a previously male-dominated profession.

10 hours ago, Hisey said:

Aren't you the one who posted a picture of Josie at 15, using her looks as proof she was ready to enter a relationship?

I mentioned this to show that it's pretty easy to jump to conclusions (the conclusions we want, usually) based on a photo. Everyone does it.

However, in Kelton's case, there's more than just a photo. There's his testimony in "The Knot." There's the history of the couple, and Josie's young age. His support of Trump. His blithe assumption that only guys are plumbers (this shows a limited knowledge of the world, if nothing else).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived