IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 3: Living in the White Evangelical Bubble

Coconut Flan

On 11/26/2018 at 4:42 PM, TeaELSee said:

He went to Pensacola Christian college, which is a pretty hard core fundie school and proudly voted for Trump.

My goodness, what a stupid college. Trump is like the worst Christian ever. If Jesus met Trump, he'd say: "dude, the fuck went wrong with you?". Did the college seriously think "ah yes, what a good Christian and Godly man, we must vote for him". I always say "nah, I'm not smarter than other people", but in this case. Yes, yes I am. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that the Bates girls always include Whitney in their wedding party. She really seems to be just like a sister to them.

Those pictures are so heavily processed that I find them hard to look at.

Still think she looks like she's going to a renaissance fayre rather than a wedding. 

I feel like some of those are the definition of fake happy. Though I'm sure everyone has a few wedding photos like that. 

11 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

The third picture with the bridesmaids in their dressing gown... I mean they are all beautiful ladies but it feels so weird. Like they really had to hold these smiles for a while. 

It's not a natural candid picture where they are all laughing hysterically. It's posed and likely the photographer asked them to think about something funny or asked someone to tell a joke. Getting pictures like that naturally are hard because people just don't look that good when they're laughing, but the joy is real. I'd rather the candid, not that it's not a nice picture.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:47 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Or do you say Smythe?  

Now I have that commercial in my head - thanks for the horrible earworm!

Oh gosh, I haven't heard that in ages!

Why is Kelton creepy--I'm a part-time Bates-watcher. I specialize in Duggars and Maxwells! (You know, like a major and a minor? Bates are like my certificate program). If he went to Pensacola there's a huge therapy bill looming, but I can't keep all the Bates hubs/bfs sorted out.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Oh gosh, I haven't heard that in ages!

Why is Kelton creepy--I'm a part-time Bates-watcher. I specialize in Duggars and Maxwells! (You know, like a major and a minor? Bates are like my certificate program). If he went to Pensacola there's a huge therapy bill looming, but I can't keep all the Bates hubs/bfs sorted out.

So he became attracted to Josie when she was 15 and he had started college. It was like one summer where they got to know each other, so not like a huge amount of time. The only relationship Josie could have with a guy is a serious one leading towards marriage, so she told him that she couldn't be in any sort of a relationship with him. Instead of understanding that a sheltered 15 year old who can't date couldn't be his "best friend" he got really upset to the point that he felt she wronged him and needed his forgiveness. He dated other people but ultimately decided he only wanted to marry someone exactly like sheltered 15 year old Josie. She turns 18 and, boom, he is back in her life pursuing marriage. 

Some people didn't find that creepy, I personally do. 

15 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Those pictures are so heavily processed that I find them hard to look at.

Agreed, I hated the black and white make up one. talk about flash back on the makeup and the white neck. 

Carlin looked like a fucking female (over acting) dickhead in all her photos. Her photos are going to be cringeworthy.

As stated many times her and the mr's face annoy the daylights out of me.

Kelton did some promo on insta about watches with a discount code.

I don't promote things or look for discounts on insta so I don't know if that is meant to be a declared partnership.

Are insta super strict? I would hate to have to declare something if I was just (for example) promoting a friend's shop...

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Are insta super strict? I would hate to have to declare something if I was just (for example) promoting a friend's shop...

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's necessary to clarify its an advert if you choose to promote an item in exchange for money/the item. If it's a business transaction, essentially. Sometimes it's quite obvious, like when everything looks quite rehearsed or when the caption is very detailed. Putting #ad is just for transparency, I guess. I don't know about specific laws but apparently there are some?

You probably won't get in trouble for saying 'hey my friend has a shop where she sells this, go support her!' :)

I think the idea behind it was because there were concerns over influencers exploiting their audience. I remember this first being mentioned when influencer Essena ONeall quit social media (it was a huge deal because she was from my state) and everyone was shocked over how much she got for free because she had so many young girls following her thinking that she was recommending activewear/jewellery/togs/etc because she believed in them, when she was really being paid to post photos featuring them. Here's a link about that if you're interested in that

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Kelton did some promo on insta about watches with a discount code.

I don't promote things or look for discounts on insta so I don't know if that is meant to be a declared partnership.

I've posted the link a couple of times, but I really like this breakdown of what kinds of partnerships you have to disclose, and how to do it properly. You can recommend businesses or brands all you want and there's nothing you have to declare as long as they don't give you money or freebies. Doesn't matter if it's your friend's shop or if it's Apple. Now if Apple send you an Apple watch and say "hey AussieKrissy, please post something about this Apple watch on your Instagram," then you have to disclose it. And if your friend offers you free cupcakes for life for promoting her bake shop on Instagram, then you also have to disclose it.

All that said: Yes, Kelton's latest post is another good example of someone not properly disclosing sponsored content:

@IReallyAmHopewell He disclosed his version of their official “love story” on their knot site. If you go back a bit in the the thread we had an animated debate about his creepiness factor. That was when the tide shifted.

Well damn...this is the 1st fundie butt grab I have EVER seen at a wedding. Actually I've never seen that at any wedding. Looks like somebody is "trying" to be sexy. I don't know whether I should cringe or be excited for them. Ya'll are gonna have to help me decide. Just....damn.....

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

The photographer has more pictures on her website. 

Grab that ass, Kelton ?

06342BD5-2A4B-4507-8267-6C71C64424EB.jpeg

Gross. I'm sorry, but he looks like he's trying to pick a wedgie for her. :pb_lol:

I find all fundamentalists and Trump supporters inherently creep to some extent, but Kelton has always struck me more as incredibly immature. He seems to have the maturity level of a 16-year-old boy now (no offence intended to 16-year-old boys) so I can only imagine what he was like back when he first met Josie. 

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Grab that ass, Kelton ?

I'm going to sound like a total perv right now, but the way he is slightly squatting down to kiss her, he looks like a dog ready to start humping her right then and there. I've got 2nd hand embarrassment for this picture. I get that the photographer caught this picture, but why would she publicly display it? I'm sure there were many other nice pictures of them kissing.

16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So he became attracted to Josie when she was 15 and he had started college. It was like one summer where they got to know each other, so not like a huge amount of time. The only relationship Josie could have with a guy is a serious one leading towards marriage, so she told him that she couldn't be in any sort of a relationship with him. Instead of understanding that a sheltered 15 year old who can't date couldn't be his "best friend" he got really upset to the point that he felt she wronged him and needed his forgiveness. He dated other people but ultimately decided he only wanted to marry someone exactly like sheltered 15 year old Josie. She turns 18 and, boom, he is back in her life pursuing marriage. 

Some people didn't find that creepy, I personally do. 

Yikes! Yeah, I'm with ya! Very creepy.

39 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

'm going to sound like a total perv right now, but the way he is slightly squatting down to kiss her, he looks like a dog ready to start humping her right then and there. I've got 2nd hand embarrassment for this picture. I get that the photographer caught this picture, but why would she publicly display it? I'm sure there were many other nice pictures of them kissing.

It seems some of the folks watching share your repulsion from the facial expressions. It just screams "time to f...." no "I love you" like a wedding SHOULD show.

42 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I've got 2nd hand embarrassment for this picture. I get that the photographer caught this picture, but why would she publicly display it?

I would be so embarrassed if a picture like this was shared with my family. I would have not been happy if my husband started groping me like that in front of family and friends. 

I find the picture very, very cringe worthy. It is much less a display of love for each other and more he is horny and can barely contain himself until they are in private and he can finally have sex. 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Grab that ass, Kelton ?

Look at that product placement! He can post this photo to sell that watch he was just shilling. Super classy. 

This photo also reminded me of the photo Carlin and Evan took cause he also had her hand either on her ass. Was it just a lot of people like horny at Josie's wedding?!

19 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

This photo also reminded me of the photo Carlin and Evan took cause he also had her hand either on her ass. Was it just a lot of people like horny at Josie's wedding?!

Maybe that's what happens when you don't get married in a church? ? No constant reminders Jesus is watching and it turns into a fundie free-for-all.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I would be so embarrassed if a picture like this was shared with my family. I would have not been happy if my husband started groping me like that in front of family and friends. 

I find the picture very, very cringe worthy. It is much less a display of love for each other and more he is horny and can barely contain himself until they are in private and he can finally have sex. 

Yeah, sorry to be Prudence McPrude, but this photo is just...no.  I would be so pissed if my (imaginary) husband grabbed my butt in front of a minister, my co-workers, my dad, and my nana.

And in light of the data I've amassed so far about Kelton, it kinda bothers me for deeper reasons too. :pb_confused: I hope Josie was okay with this. I hope Josie gets to say whether she is okay with this.

If my husband had grabbed my ass in church on our wedding day, I would've shoved my boquett up his ass. I don't mind ass grabbing, just not in public like that.

3 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I would've shoved my boquett up his ass.

if Christopher Maxwell was your wedding photographer he would not have captured that for your album!

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Grab that ass, Kelton ?

This is just so... awkward... and uncomfortable... I feel like maybe he was confused over where her back was or something, possibly because she was wearing pretty high heels and was much taller than she normally is... but that doesn’t really explain why he’s grabbing her instead of just placing his hand. It’s just a weird photo. 

3 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I'm going to sound like a total perv right now, but the way he is slightly squatting down to kiss her, he looks like a dog ready to start humping her right then and there. I've got 2nd hand embarrassment for this picture. I get that the photographer caught this picture, but why would she publicly display it? I'm sure there were many other nice pictures of them kissing.

Literally every other photo she shared that I saw was fine. This was the only one I saw that took me aback at all. I think she shared it because it was them kissing while they left the reception, but there were so many other photos of them kissing that it wasn’t really necessary to share this one.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived