IGNORED

Seewalds 36: Waiting for the Next Cute Kid Video or Photo

Coconut Flan

34 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Every time I see Jessa's hair I want to cut like 12 inches off.

Meh. People say the same thing about me, guess what? Their opinions don't matter! It's my hair. If that's what she's comfortable with, that's what she's comfortable with!

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Meh. People say the same thing about me, guess what? Their opinions don't matter! It's my hair. If that's what she's comfortable with, that's what she's comfortable with!

My hair is jessas length, I am about her age, and my done is about Henry's age. I get nothing but compliments on it. It might be a regional thing? 

33 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

My hair is jessas length, I am about her age, and my done is about Henry's age. I get nothing but compliments on it. It might be a regional thing? 

No it's an asshole thing and those people are everywhere.

Ugh, it's not like Spurgeon even remotely understands what he's repeating or the meaning of most of those words. It's like rattling nonsensical syllables off with no true meaning for him. If you're going to do rote memorization at least make him memorize something age appropriate. 

As for the Lost Girls, Johannah is 13. Josie is 8 but seems kind of immature to me. When I was 13 I think I would've felt more like I was being forced to babysit if I had to hang out with a sibling of Josie's age and maturity all the time but who knows. My brother and I are 7 years apart, and don't get me wrong, we had a lot of fun growing up playing video games together, play fighting with Nerf guns etc, but I was also allowed to have my own life, friends outside of my family, and do age appropriate activities with more independence as I got older. Johannah does not have those luxuries.

Knowing what we know about the Duggars employing the Sister Mom method and their strict ginder roles (i.e. separating close brothers and sisters from each other after a certain age because the girl needs to do 'girl things' now) I think it's not baseless to speculate that Johannah may not really want to be grouped with the younger girls or sing on this children's songs album. If she is happy, and I hope she is, then that's great-- but I wouldn't be surprised if this all wasn't her choice at all either.

This year’s fundie thanksgiving theme seems to be kids not looking at the camera. Jessa and Erin both posted about it and Alyssa did in the days before.

Wow. I almost didn't recognize Hannie! The outfit she's wearing has a very sophisticated look to it, which makes her look even more grown up.

I remember her as a little girl climbing on things in old 19KAC episodes, and hope she hasn't completely lost her spunk.

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I have long hair too but I'm really not offended by people thinking Jessa or anyone else would look better with short hair.

In my case (my own opinion, I mean) - any one person looks good great with long hair, with only a few exceptions.  It's when everyone has almost exactly the same hairstyle that it gets boring.   For some reason the year my oldest was a senior in high school (2015) it seemed like all of the girls had long hair and mostly no bangs.  Now that style is still really popular with the high school girls but at least there's a bit more variety.  

Just offering another voice that Johannah may like being in the new "Duggar girls" group. My childhood best friend and I broke up when I was 12 because I thought she was acting too mature and she thought I was too childish. The transition to teen years is weird and everyone matures at different rates, and I don't mean physically. 

When I was in middle school, I was very self conscious about my changing body, liked playing makeover with my friends (also, remember how that was a thing, when young teens wore blue eyeshadow and sparkly goopy lip gloss and had crimped hair because it was fun and we didn't know what we were doing? Now middle schoolers have more makeup skills than me I swear) and going to the mall, but also loved stuffed animals, playing pretend, and reading books about princesses. I would've been very hurt and jealous if my 11 year old sister had gotten asked to be on an album and "be promoted" and I had been left out because I was too grown up now. 

Johannah may look a lot older but she's still super young, and I find it very easy to believe she would enjoy being a part of the group. 

Because its the Duggars and they don't let their children have any kind of agency, we just don't know. 

On 11/22/2018 at 3:58 AM, TuringMachine said:

A bit like Joy too.

I see Jinger when I look at Johannah in that photo.

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So do I! And put it on my head!! That girl has gorgeous hair!!!!!

Have we discussed the fact that Jessa and Ben named a child after Jim Elliott but haven't even commented on the missionary killed this week in a similar fashion? Or did I miss their comments/the discussion?

12 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

No it's an asshole thing and those people are everywhere.

It's a proportion thing. It just looks off on some people :pb_lol:

On 11/24/2018 at 10:28 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Every time I see Jessa's hair, I get jealous and curse my sisters for taking all the good hair genes. 

18 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Have we discussed the fact that Jessa and Ben named a child after Jim Elliott but haven't even commented on the missionary killed this week in a similar fashion? Or did I miss their comments/the discussion?

Maybe they realized that if you play stupid games, you get stupid prizes. If any Duggar is smart enough to realize how foolish it is to try and go to off-limits lands to preach to those who don't want to hear it, It's Jessa after her abortion=Hallocaust post. 

Now Dweck - that's a different story all together. 

On 11/25/2018 at 6:12 AM, Carm_88 said:

This year’s fundie thanksgiving theme seems to be kids not looking at the camera. Jessa and Erin both posted about it and Alyssa did in the days before.

Right! The thing is they are kids and get quickly tired of having to constantly "look at mummy and say monkeeee!". My kid is great with a camera but not when it's sit, stay, smile. Why? Because he is 4 lol. Let them be kids ffs. These poor (and obnoxiously cute, bates and duggar alike) fundie kids living the gram life. Wait until Lawson and Carlin Bates have kids! #jesuslovesthemall

Jessa promoted the young Duggar girl's CD. Mackynzie is on there too. Is anyone else suspicious that the Duggars may be giving a large majority of the money from the CD to Josh???? JOSH Is Mackynzie's father, after all, and we all know Anna doesn't control the money. Perhaps Jim Bob, who is rumored to handle the finances from a trust, feels sad for Josh not being forgiven and back on the show.  I don't think Josh's car business is doing well and I would not be surprised if they are receiving a large amount of help, financially, from JB.

Having the sisters on Counting On promote the CD is giving Josh a way to directly profit, unfairly, in my opinion.

Hair: My hair is the same length as Jessa’s. People tell me to cut mine but I like having long hair. Some people simply like having super long hair.

@luv2laugh Meh, I don’t think it’s unfair. Mackynzie is one of 5 little girls, so 1/5th is hers (and minus production, auntie Deanna etc) they’re not exactly making 100.000 bucks. I don’t see their exposure of the little girls as a money thing but more of a popularity thing. A lot of people saw Josie being born and wonder how they are. It’s a popularity boost for the show. And if anyone  is collecting money it’s JB with 4/5 girls. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Henry fell asleep mid snack.

Ok carseat experts, what's up with that right strap that looks as if it comes over the head rest? 

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Ok carseat experts, what's up with that right strap that looks as if it comes over the head rest? 

It looks like just a shadow to me. I would not call myself an expert, but it looks like he is properly strapped in to me. If he is forward facing, Jessa is smart enough to crop the photo enough to make it impossible to tell.

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It's a shadow.

Is that zip ties holding the baby gate?  Is that safe?  I think this is TTH.

Spoiler

C841DCB0-ABC1-49E6-BFFC-6C36AF739A6D.thumb.png.3144fad6a90aff2d8293bd9aa0a45be4.png

I like that Jessa’s kids always look happy.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived