IGNORED

Seewalds 36: Waiting for the Next Cute Kid Video or Photo

Coconut Flan

I thought Joy's outfit was cute in a slightly dated way. There's a kitschy ironic feel to it.

Seeing the Siamese* Sweater on Siren was slightly squickworthy... But they still look cute. My mind went right to those underwear built for two called Fundies. It would be easy to discreetly do naughty things in a baggy conjoined top. This top's definitely reserved for married people.

*apologies for political incorectness. I couldn't resist the lure of alliteration.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, new theory: Derick only went back to university so they have a legitimate reason for his absence at family gatherings ("He's studying") without having to admit he's persona non grata. I mean, it's perfect, unlike a 9-5 office jobs, where you do have weekends/holidays, studying can be done at any time of the week/day :pb_lol:

But honestly, I think it's  bit of a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation with Jessa specifically mentioning that Derick was absent from the party due to having to study.

Also, can we please not read too much into Jill being on the phone in that one picture? :pb_rollseyes: It's not like none of us have ever checked their phone or answered a call at a social gathering.

@Nikedagain? according to fundie tumblr cousin emily is emily peters. Emily Peters is the daughter of Will Peters, son of Michelle’s eldest sister Pamela and co-founder of Courageous Men of the Word with Dwain Swanson. So she is a ruark cousin

17 hours ago, Casserole said:

WHAT do they have poor Meredith wearing? I'd say they were going for Dobby the house elf but they don't do Harry Potter. Did they cut the sleeves off and sew them to her head? 

I think those hats are hideous but I know more than one person that has one of those hats for their toddlers right now. Blech.  I think it is supposed to be bunny ears or some sort of animal ears. There are similar ones that are cuter, but none are really my style.

2 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Ok, new theory: Derick only went back to university so they have a legitimate reason for his absence at family gatherings ("He's studying"

Should have gone into IT.  An emergency can happen to keep you from a gathering or call you away once there.

not that I’ve ever played fast and loose with the definition of emergency in such situations.

I think the problem with a lot of mainstream ugly Christmas sweaters is that the Duggars will either not understand the puns/pictures or they will be too Nike for them to even dare wearing.

4 hours ago, Angelic83 said:

@Nikedagain? according to fundie tumblr cousin emily is emily peters. Emily Peters is the daughter of Will Peters, son of Michelle’s eldest sister Pamela and co-founder of Courageous Men of the Word with Dwain Swanson. So she is a ruark cousin

I did not realize Michelle had fundie family members.

They may not have went all out with ugly Christmas sweaters but for the Duggar's this is as fun it gets, they all seemed to have enjoyed it. As for Josh they were never going to exclude him forever, he wasn't in a lot of pictures so it was easy to scroll past him.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:46 PM, SorenaJ said:

Ugh, I hate when people make cross-dressing into a joke. "He he, look at me, I'm wearing women's clothes. How hilarious!" I'm looking at you, John. 

I think he’s trying for elf, not cross-dressing. 

I like how at the “ugly sweater” party you get the interpretations you get at every office ugly sweater party I’ve been to. From over the top silly head-to-toe co-ordinated ( Abby and John) to any sweater they can find even if it’s not Christmas oriented - but looking kind of retro ( the older boys and Joy / Austin )  to a Christmas Sweater with a nice look (Jill) , to the ridiculously on-point Jessa and fam ( with, I’m sure, half her siblings mumbling f$#&* Jessa, always nails it) 

50 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I did not realize Michelle had fundie family members.

That's news to me as well. I had no idea that Michelle's nephew co-founded Dwain Swanson's ministry with him. These people are way more intertwined than they seem at first glance!

Also, I just went to the Courageous Men of the Word site to double check this, and found Will Peters' 'About' section, which states:

Recently I was encouraged by Dwain and some of my brothers in our group after a man camp to step out in faith and move 450 miles away from home to do the job of my dreams.

MAN CAMP.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:13 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Is that zip ties holding the baby gate?  Is that safe?  I think this is TTH.

Reveal hidden contents

C841DCB0-ABC1-49E6-BFFC-6C36AF739A6D.thumb.png.3144fad6a90aff2d8293bd9aa0a45be4.png

I like that Jessa’s kids always look happy.

The fact they purposefully designed and built that huge house with that insanely dangerous stair design and catwalk - when they had a house full of toddlers and more expected - just so incredibly stupid. Why???? Who on earth would do that? 

44 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

MAN CAMP.

“This one time at man camp...” :pb_lol:

On 12/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, Four is Enough said:

What's with all the kids in bare feet? Those tile floors must be COLD.

They have radiant flooring. I remember watching them install the hose before the concrete was poured.*

*which I see has already been pointed out. (-;

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

The fact they purposefully designed and built that huge house with that insanely dangerous stair design and catwalk - when they had a house full of toddlers and more expected - just so incredibly stupid. Why???? Who on earth would do that? 

Families who need to be able to catch any of the boys sneaking over to the girls' dorm

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Aren't they funny about people going upstairs anyway? I remember photos with signs saying please don't go upstairs, at other big gatherings. Maybe these gates were not just for the babies... Truthfully other than the fundies, "no one can sneak off alone unchaperoned, no one can steal a diary attitude". I don't blame them from not wanting people wandering around their house. less mess to clean up. Kids are insight. Privacy is respected. But we all know that is not the reason it is off limits.....

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Aren't they funny about people going upstairs anyway? I remember photos with signs saying please don't go upstairs, at other big gatherings. Maybe these gates were not just for the babies... Truthfully other than the fundies, "no one can sneak off alone unchaperoned, no one can steal a diary attitude". I don't blame them from not wanting people wandering around their house. less mess to clean up. Kids are insight. Privacy is respected. But we all know that is not the reason it is off limits.....

I think the signs were up just for big events, especially when they were filming. I don’t see anything wrong with that.  Someone did steal one of the girls Diary’s at one point, didn’t they? And try to sell it on eBay? Or am I thinking of something else? That would be creepy AF.  Even if they were trying to keep everyone in plain sight / boys ( Josh) away from girls - there MUST have been a better option than that death trap stair design.  They have a shit ton of property - they could have even made it a one-story house ! Girls in one end of the house, boys in the other - living etc in the middle. Just nuts given their lifestyle and options.

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think the signs were up just for big events, especially when they were filming. I don’t see anything wrong with that.  Someone did steal one of the girls Diary’s at one point, didn’t they? And try to sell it on eBay? Or am I thinking of something else? 

You're right. Some girl stole Jinger's diary. 

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You're right. Some girl stole Jinger's diary. 

What a nightmare. I would have died as a teenie girl.

21 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

“This one time at man camp...” :pb_lol:

^^This conjures sooo many delightfully sinful homoerotic mental images.

I think TFDW develloped his taste for mud wrestling at Man Camp.

Are there NO other stairwells in that house? So in the event of a fire, they'd all be hammering down that one staircase? Good Lord.

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Are there NO other stairwells in that house? So in the event of a fire, they'd all be hammering down that one staircase? Good Lord.

I think there's at least one other flight of stairs. It's a smaller spiral staircase kind of tucked away somewhere if I'm remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I think there's at least one other flight of stairs. It's a smaller spiral staircase kind of tucked away somewhere if I'm remember correctly. 

They boys also have that slide from their room to the playroom, and I also think there is a spiral staircase somewhere as well.

There is, it is in this video at around 4:45

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They boys also have that slide from their room to the playroom, and I also think there is a spiral staircase somewhere as well.

There is, it is in this video at around 4:45

Hide contents

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of! I thought it was by the kitchen but I wasn't sure.

On 12/10/2018 at 11:24 AM, Mama Mia said:

I think he’s trying for elf, not cross-dressing. 

I like how at the “ugly sweater” party you get the interpretations you get at every office ugly sweater party I’ve been to. From over the top silly head-to-toe co-ordinated ( Abby and John) to any sweater they can find even if it’s not Christmas oriented - but looking kind of retro ( the older boys and Joy / Austin )  to a Christmas Sweater with a nice look (Jill) , to the ridiculously on-point Jessa and fam ( with, I’m sure, half her siblings mumbling f$#&* Jessa, always nails it) 

A few years ago I decided to punk my oldest grandson with an ugly sweater for Christmas. Couldn't find any Christmas stuff in the stores (never thought of online, duh) and I kept sending pics back to my daughter-in-law. My son kept saying I think he'd actually like that (kind of a dorky guy at the time). Finally found one she and I thought was a really awful Grandpa sweater. Decided to tell him I made it so he'd feel like he had to be polite.
Ends up--You made this? You're so talented! He loved it. And he got compliments on it at a party. So I punked myself.

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of! I thought it was by the kitchen but I wasn't sure.

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

That was interesting watching the video- but man, whoever did the filming was awful! I really wanted to see the layout of each room, but they just stuck to Michelle the whole time. 

- —1,000 square feet and two baths for each of the boys/girls dorms is pretty huge!  So if Jana ( and Laura?) are the only adults, with a bunch of young girls, they could probably still have some separation. 

— Interesting That Michelle said each new baby  usually in the Parents room until they were 1 1/2. So most of their lives they had two babies in their room? 

— Her hair is....something. I really can’t decide if I love it or hate it. It does have kind of a Victorian / Renaissance feel to it. Some other fancy era, if you put her in a ball gown. 

—- No baby gate —- gahhhhhh——But she talks specifically about the rails being high and close together so kids can’t fall. She never met my kids! One of them would have scaled that a fell to the tile the first day there. Plus didn’t one get their head caught? Or am I thinking of a sitcom episode?

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived