Edited by backyard sylph
new page context
  • Upvote 1

On 7/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, backyard sylph said:

Read the book of John, Law.

Would Lawson listen to Jars of Clay?

23 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Not sure, though possibly, like as an "artist." But would he read the Gospels? Just as unsure about that.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Not sure, though possibly, like as an "artist." But would he read the Gospels? Just as unsure about that.

Yeah I forgot about their cherry-picking ways. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2019 at 1:07 AM, grandmadugger said:

Earlier in the summer, dude posted an instagram whose caption was a quote from "Old Town Road", so I assume he's not super fussy in his music-listening habits. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

What no comment on Kelly's wonderful passive aggressive Insta birthday post for Lawson?

"I hope it’s the happiest birthday ever ❤️ (and it’s totally a great year to discover the love of your life- on your golden birthday lol!" "

tl.dr:  Happy 27th birthday son, Now get off your aging ass & find yourself a wife. Love. Mom & Dad.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 28
  • Love 1

Kelly: We pride ourselves on being able to marry off our children young. We have no use for a bachelor who wanders about taking selfies. Get yourself married so we can have another plot for our show and more babies to show off. 

• Upvote 16

I turned 27 on the 27th a couple years ago and I guess I forgot to celebrate my golden birthday? Whoops?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

What no comment on Kelly's wonderful passive aggressive Insta birthday post for Lawson?

"I hope it’s the happiest birthday ever ❤️ (and it’s totally a great year to discover the love of your life- on your golden birthday lol!" "

tl.dr:  Happy 27th birthday son, Now get off your aging ass & find yourself a wife. Love. Mom & Dad.

That comment is just so delightfully awkward to read. I feel like it really just sums up the Kelly Bates experience perfectly - passive aggressive, but with a touch of “motherly love” that can make it appear harmless if you don’t pay attention. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

47 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I turned 27 on the 27th a couple years ago and I guess I forgot to celebrate my golden birthday? Whoops?

The concept of golden birthdays became popularized only a few years after I turned 21 on the 21st and I am still pissed about it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

The concept of golden birthdays became popularized only a few years after I turned 21 on the 21st and I am still pissed about it. 

I have never heard of it until today!  [and I missed mine long ago]. 

Also, can you imagine anyone writing such a birthday sentiment on a fundy maiden's (say, Jana Duggar) page???

Although now that I think about it, no it couldn't be, because fundy maidens don't  go out to discover love-- they wait for God and/or Daddy to discover it for them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Mine is this year, finally, at the whopping age of 30. You can share it if you want ❤️ It's over Thanksgiving weekend, so you can also spoil yourself silly between Black Friday/Cyber Monday ???

• Haha 5

My golden birthday ended up being a long one (mine was also 27 on the 27th). I woke up on the morning of my birthday in Shanghai. Eventually, I took a short flight to Beijing. From there, I took an 11 hour flight to Seattle and arrived at noon on my birthday!

• Upvote 10

I asked Google what a golden birthday is. They all said this day of your age thing, except one that said everyone else is wrong and it's your month and date. Maybe that's fine because I don't remember my 4th birthday? Though I think that might have been when I got my big slide, idk. Did I have my first teddy bear cake? I remember having about three of those; Mom got the instructions from a magazine ad for Nabisco chocolate wafers.

Oh ho, it was not a Nabisco ad, it was General Foods; Baker's chocolate and shredded coconut. (Yes, I realize this is important to exactly no one.) 

Bakers-Coconut-1961-Teddy-Bear.jpg

Edited by backyard sylph
navel gazing, thank you for understanding
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I grew up with an Easter Bunny Cake at Easter: image.thumb.png.2c398cbe03408142fa045586fdcd72bb.png

My mom used to make a bunny cake just like that when my brother and I were little. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I grew up with an Easter Bunny Cake at Easter: image.thumb.png.2c398cbe03408142fa045586fdcd72bb.png

Me too!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I used to love baking those bunny cakes for Easter bake sales!  Now I'm a massive slacker instead.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lawson shared on his Instagram story that he went bowling. You can see on the scoreboards that he went with Jana, Laura (DeMacie), and Jackson (not sure if Bates or Duggar). He tagged Jana and Laura. I would like this to be just them hanging out as friends. However, I can't help but to think that they're teasing their fans with courtship-bait.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

My golden birthday was in childhood and I didn't know about it.  I've got two days left of "numbers on the calendar" birthdays.  One I'll be heavily pregnant for (or have just given birth in time for) and the next is my first Saturday birthday in a long time, the second Saturday birthday in my adult life and first of my Saturday birthdays I can actually celebrate.

• Upvote 2

If this was anyone but Lawson I might be prone to speculate.  But it is Lawson and he has a history of this.  I do wonder which Jackson this is.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

He tagged Jana and Laura. I would like this to be just them hanging out as friends.

I wonder what kind of friendship those two possibly have? (Aside from bonding over their creepily parentified childhoods followed by infantilized adulthoods.)

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I wonder what kind of friendship those two possibly have? (Aside from bonding over their creepily parentified childhoods followed by infantilized adulthoods.)

.....and their apparent love to photograph themselves & share it with the world! ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I don't think Lawson is nearly as flat of a person as his tv persona - at least I hope not.  I hope for all 30 of these people's sake that we are only seeing them how they want to be seen. Much like Carlin, John David, and Jinger had characters they played.

Also I might be hoping this because I'm shipping Laura/Lawson because then they can have an L theme. Linus, Leia, Luke, Lysteria, etc lol. ? I need something to make the internet break....schools starting and I'm not ready. 

• Haha 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic