IGNORED

Lawson Bates 3

Coconut Flan

Coming here to discuss the new music video „love you like the rain“ of superstar lawson to find nobody cares... he would be furious. ?

Of course it‘s super cheesy and there is hand holding and hugging going on! Very defrauding... 

anyone knows the girl?

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Forevernotfundie said:

Coming here to discuss the new music video „love you like the rain“ of superstar lawson to find nobody cares... he would be furious. ?

Of course it‘s super cheesy and there is hand holding and hugging going on! Very defrauding... 

anyone knows the girl?

You watched it? Hand holding? Wow Michael wouldn't even allow Brandon to do that until they were engaged. Who was it that had to have a dad hand the ring to the girl to put it on? I remember someone couldn't even put the engagement ring on a finger.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Who was it that had to have a dad hand the ring to the girl to put it on? I remember someone couldn't even put the engagement ring on a finger.

That was Kristina. I think there were a couple of other no touch fundies who had the dad do that too. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

You watched it? Hand holding? Wow Michael wouldn't even allow Brandon to do that until they were engaged. Who was it that had to have a dad hand the ring to the girl to put it on? I remember someone couldn't even put the engagement ring on a finger.

They held hands before they were engaged. On the Bateses old blog, the one Kelly posted on, there are/were pictures of Michael and Branden holding hands on a date. 

ETA: Kelly retracted it after BuB started to say they didn’t hold hands until they were engaged. 

Edited by Lgirlrocks
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

They held hands before they were engaged. On the Bateses old blog, the one Kelly posted on, there are/were pictures of Michael and Branden holding hands on a date. 

ETA: Kelly retracted it after BuB started to say they didn’t hold hands until they were engaged. 

Michaela also said in season one that they hugged but would not hold hands until engagement. It made no sense even in fundy logic. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Forevernotfundie said:

anyone knows the girl?

He has a music video? lol. Dude is so mediocre. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Michaela also said in season one that they hugged but would not hold hands until engagement. It made no sense even in fundy logic. 

I think that things changed a little once they were back in the spot light. They changed their dress, from prairie to modest mainstream. They changed terms. They changed their stance on dancing. I’d say it’s all an act to please the fans. 

Lawsons music video was very scandalous for fundies. Their isn’t kissing but their is handholding, which I thought was a no no unless you are dating/engaged. It’s also fantasizing about love, maybe lust? To me it’s very g rated but to fundies its pg13 or nc17 lol

• Upvote 2

Personally I am just so relieved that even though Lawson was super busy playing Sherrif and Dr and saving peoples souls in the Bahamas (and estint Chick Fil A) that he still had time to make sure that this music video was released on time for our enjoyment. Because God forbid the world had been deprived of his noise for a few extra days. 

Thank you Rufus for Lawson the singing, servant, savior. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Her funds logic was that she hugged her church friends, and she wasn’t going to do less with him. Not holding hands until engagement is ludicrous, of course, but it wasn’t like she had done that before.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He has a music video? lol. Dude is so mediocre. 

Don't be too impressed. He still doesn't have an actual label deal. He pays out of his own pocket (I guess from UP money, etc.) for studio time. The guys that do his website, the family website, the boutique, and many of the married couples) shoot his videos. However, without a label you wouldn't see these on CMT Music or one of those. They are made for Youtube. Even his "concerts" are done as charity events with him paying for the space or a church/nonprofit paying. 

I'm all for living your dream and pursuing your artistic talent. But when your vanity projects are your only real work, you aren't really living your dream. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Plus can we please discuss the lyric, "I wanna love you like the rain"

Does the rain love me? Is he saying he wants to drench me? He wants to sprinkle on me and make my plants grow? I'm being a bit sarcastic here, but in all honesty, this is one of the worst lyrical songs I've heard. 

Plus the end with him singing drenched in the rain made me LOL like nobodies business. Oh Lawson......

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

We need to have a Lawson Raquel fundie crossover! She too says weird things about the rain that don't really make sense. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Is anyone else thinking "It's Raining Men" from this lyric?

(I'm gonna go out, let myself get absolutely soaking wet)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

My cynical response is that it’s supposed to sound like a cover of the (much better) Clint Black song of the same name.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Lawson, Nathan, Jeremiah, and Jana all went to church with the Websters today.

I'm starting to believe the theory that there's something going on between Lawson and Jana. They've been spending a LOT of time in the same areas, with siblings who could ostensibly be chaperones (plus pilots!) Plus, they're never in the same photos that are publicly posted unless there's a huge group. ?‍♀️

I, like most other people on here, think they're a terrible match. Unlike all the leghumpers in their Instagram comments.

Screenshot_20190922-125843.png

• Upvote 4

As much as we want this rumor to die, little things like this gives it life. If Jana is just chaperoning one of the howlers for a boy trip why not focus more on a trip between boys . But in fundie land men are magical responsible people who can go as they please so why a chaperone.You can argue that Jana is just visiting the Bates because they’re friends. However, the Bates girls that she has a closer relationship with are Michaela and Erin. Neither were pictured. Allysa is much younger. If you’re going to visit a family to see their children why not visit the children of someone you have a closer relationship with? The only people left over are the men. In fundie land with traditional gender roles, you’re separated from the opposite gender once you hit puberty. The rule even goes for siblings. So there’s an unlikely relationships either way you spin it: an unlikely relationship between Jana and Alyssa, platonically between Jana and the boys, or romantically between Jana and a boy. 

• Upvote 6

Wasn't Laura DeMasie around also? 

It seemed like Jana and Lawson and some of the others were still around Orlando because they were doing more MEDIC corps stuff. There was an IG story of them using forklifts to move supplies around for a shipment, supposedly. 

Jana also might have stuck around because Jinger and Jeremy were coming into town and this was an easy opportunity to see them. Jana has almost no schedule to keep. She appears to actually have quite a bit of freedom to travel when she feels like it. 

Lawson, similarly, can kind of go where he wants. Neither has a spouse to get back to or baby watch to attend to. 

I'm not sure I'd believe a courtship existed between them until the wedding day, tbh.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, ariel9 said:

As much as we want this rumor to die, little things like this gives it life. If Jana is just chaperoning one of the howlers for a boy trip why not focus more on a trip between boys . But in fundie land men are magical responsible people who can go as they please so why a chaperone.You can argue that Jana is just visiting the Bates because they’re friends. However, the Bates girls that she has a closer relationship with are Michaela and Erin. Neither were pictured. Allysa is much younger. If you’re going to visit a family to see their children why not visit the children of someone you have a closer relationship with? The only people left over are the men. In fundie land with traditional gender roles, you’re separated from the opposite gender once you hit puberty. The rule even goes for siblings. So there’s an unlikely relationships either way you spin it: an unlikely relationship between Jana and Alyssa, platonically between Jana and the boys, or romantically between Jana and a boy. 

I don't think it was a choice to visit a particular Bates sister.  This Bates sister happens to live near where they were all doing their weird showboating in the Bahamas.  It makes perfect sense that they would visit Alyssa for Sunday church since they were already with Lawson and Nathan, and she is reasonably nearby. 

Edit to add: I've been trying to figure out what brought JingJer to Florida. That one seems less obvious. 

Edited by Charliemae
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

She was in the Bahamas with them.  However, there was a photo of Laura with Joshly, Anna and the kids (minus Mason) at a U of Arkansas football game over the weekend

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Charliemae said:

Edit to add: I've been trying to figure out what brought JingJer to Florida. That one seems less obvious. 

They were there because Jeremy was invited to preach at Reformation Bible college and they also visited a Ministry thing called Ligonier. Jeremy posted it all on his ig 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

She was in the Bahamas with them.  However, there was a photo of Laura with Joshly, Anna and the kids (minus Mason) at a U of Arkansas football game over the weekend

Seems like they went home briefly and then returned to florida. At least some of them. Lawson was in the livestream on thursday with his family in Tennessee-

• Upvote 2

On 9/11/2019 at 7:42 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Oh, God, NO!! Jana is picky and Nathan is...Nathan. Also, she’s three and a half years older than he is, and I don’t think either of them would go for that.

I don’t think age difference matters much now. They are currently 26 and 29. If it was 10 years ago and they were 16 and 19, I think it would be a huge problem. But not now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

It does seem odd, either they are involved or are aware of the speculation  and deliberately trying to drum up interest. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/23/2019 at 12:32 PM, theotherelise said:

Lawson, similarly, can kind of go where he wants. Neither has a spouse to get back to or baby watch to attend to. 

I was wondering if Lawson enjoys being single right now; he can be foot loose and care free. He can do the fundie version of flirting (perhaps interacting) with several young, attractive females who are probably thinking he is a catch, and stroke his ego. Lawson comes from a well respected (in their circles) family, and he clearly has fun cool opportunities (music, "missionary" work, law enforcement). Likely there are fathers of young women saying you are a fantastic godly young man, and I have a wonderful daughter you should meet. 

1 hour ago, byzant said:

It does seem odd, either they are involved or are aware of the speculation  and deliberately trying to drum up interest. 

The Bates and Duggar families both have reality TV shows and need viewers, and with predictable story lines they need to create some intrigue. The premise of both shows is one sibling is courting, an elaborate proposal, wedding planning, the wedding, and one or more siblings finds out they are expecting (what a surprise!), gender reveal, baby shower, delivery. Sprinkle in a few trips to the thrift shop, whatever job of the day the boys seem to have, and whatever remodeling project is going on, repeat.

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic