IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Maybe she didn’t like the top of the dress much either?

Used to be big flowers covered up a big rush to the altar! ?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

No clue what his looks have to do with anything, but I'd bet money Katie and the rest of her family are already Trump supporters so... 

She's really pretty though?

Well, they sure didn't vote for Hilary! lol

3 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

But it seems like our options are macking everyone suck up the crisp weather, a church, or a hall, and it is hard to make halls look nice for a wedding and not tacky IMO. We are really struggling at the moment and are wondering if we just have to marry outside and give people blankets or something. But we would really rather not.

HI!!! I am getting married next Aug 31st. I am an atheist and my fiancé marginally believes in God (he was not raised in any denomination). We could have "Faked" a Catholic wedding but instead we decided to get married at a prairie-style hall/atrium in Chicago. The architecture, brick, stained glass, and atrium ceiling is STUNNING! The ceremony and the reception will be there: everyone goes outside to a patio for cocktail hour while they "switch" the ceremony seating into dinner seating. 

Some ideas you might want to consider are museums, aesthetically pleasing restaurants, conservatories, renting a mansion, warehouses, and depending on your style, barn venues. 

Good luck :)

My first wedding was outdoors at a plantation home in autumn and it was amazing. The reception was in a large tent, and the temperature was perfect!  This strategy didn’t work as well in late summer at night in a barn. It was frigging miserable even tho it was short!!!!!

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

@LawsonBatesEgo  [<--- ignore that - couldn't delete from quote box]

At least it wasn't freezing, remember the Mariah Brown outdoor wedding from Sister Wives?

Mariah is the wrong daughter - you mean Mykelti.

42 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

My first wedding was outdoors at a plantation home in autumn and it was amazing. The reception was in a large tent, and the temperature was perfect!  This strategy didn’t work as well in late summer at night in a barn. It was frigging miserable even tho it was short!!!!!

I read planetarium and I wondered why if you picked that location would you not havethe wedding indoors... A planetarium may actually work for a wedding now that I think of it at least if you like space or star gazing.

18 minutes ago, elliha said:

I read planetarium and I wondered why if you picked that location would you not havethe wedding indoors... A planetarium may actually work for a wedding now that I think of it at least if you like space or star gazing.

Our local science center does host weddings! The pictures I've seen have looked really nice. It's a cool and unique place to get married especially if you're into space or paleontology.

8 hours ago, Meghann said:

41699942_166032027664094_3590629096553871916_n.jpg

Hide contents

42003119_164721111125025_1090837515255690737_n.jpg

42003226_2212064862403113_2753056414368720826_n.jpg

42003418_309776489607018_7863292716392592386_n.jpg

42003583_1850434778343128_9051132550959025161_n.jpg

42003702_243332853200707_6534371127363280883_n.jpg

42069081_552253245209698_8908603932579435680_n.jpg

42078557_1954916027930492_2634050631841716822_n.jpg

42080488_336382747125720_8257957461984646136_n.jpg

42319315_522634728148515_292732925332939880_n.jpg

Is that a douche canoe he has shall not be named, Mason and Anna sighting above that dude's head in the photo with Carlin and Tori? 

Also who is that guy?

3 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Mariah is the wrong daughter - you mean Mykelti.

Is that a real name?

I have to say that Josie in her photos with people at the reception was looking really tired strained and over smiling for photos.
Not an attack but an understandable observation.  Massive wedding, everyone is going to want a photo....

8 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Is that a real name?

What, Mykelti? Yes, that's Christine and Kody's second child's name. Christine apparently has...interesting...taste in children's names, and a clear affection for the letter "y". Their kids together are:

Aspyn Kristine (daughter, 23)
Mykelti Ann (daughter, 22)
Paedon Rex (son, 20)
Gwendlyn ??? (daughter, 17)
Ysabel Paige (daugher, 14)
Truely Grace (daughter, 8 )

Mariah Lian is Meri and Kody's only child.

5 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Some ideas you might want to consider are museums, aesthetically pleasing restaurants, conservatories, renting a mansion, warehouses,

Yep, lots of beautiful non-church venues. I recently went to one at a suburban hotel and it was gorgeous.

44 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

What, Mykelti? Yes, that's Christine and Kody's second child's name. Christine apparently has...interesting...taste in children's names, and a clear affection for the letter "y". 

Thynk you..

56 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have to say that Josie in her photos with people at the reception was looking really tired strained and over smiling for photos.
Not an attack but an understandable observation.  Massive wedding, everyone is going to want a photo....

After about 45 minutes of taking pictures at our wedding, my cheeks were literally quivering from smiling so much. I'm sure you can see it in some of the later pictures. :pb_lol:

@LawsonBatesEgo We got married at a golf course. Our wedding was in early November in Connecticut and we still ended up with an outdoor ceremony. The weather was surprisingly nice that day - I think it was around 60 or so right before sunset when our ceremony happened. I wore a sleeveless gown and did pretty well without a coat or shawl. Our venue had a nice outdoor area they use for weddings when the weather cooperates. When the weather is bad they move the ceremony indoors and try to work quickly and quietly to rearrange the setup during the cocktail hour. 

In addition to the recommendations by @kmachete14, you could also consider any historic mansions that host weddings. Some theatres, Opera Houses, or concert halls might allow weddings as well. Hotels often allow weddings to be held on site. And if you love animals then you could consider marrying at a Zoo or Aquarium too - some of them may be able to accommodate indoor weddings somewhere on the premises. 

I've been to an outdoor wedding at a Zoo.. in July. It was cool in that the wedding was basically inside the giraffe exhibit, but it smells. Awesome pictures with giraffes though.

I've also attended a wedding at an aquarium and it was one of my favorites. The aquarium apparently had a secret venue/reception room on the other side of the shark tank, so it wasn't in the public "area" but same shark views. I love sharks and water and everything was in shades of blue. 

I do hate animals in captivity, though, and don't think I could host either myself.. but as a guest, they were different. 

Hands down, most beautiful wedding I've ever been to - Boston Public Library. 

8 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Our local science center does host weddings! The pictures I've seen have looked really nice. It's a cool and unique place to get married especially if you're into space or paleontology.

I have heard of museums for weddings too but I think that some of them do it because they have a beautiful building too.

Most of the outdoor weddings  I have been have been backyard weddings. The ceremony’s were quick usualling lasting less than 15 min. They usually started with a quote from the marriage ceremony in the princess bride. The rest of the weddings involved eating a potluck meal and playing board games late into the night or early morning. 

The two two professional outdoor wedding I have gone to happened in the morning before it got hot. They both had indoor space available if the weather was bad. One of them was a wedding for two of my male friends. They went all out and I understand why they did. They waited a long time for that moment. The wedding just happened to be the day after the supreme cour ruled that the ban on gay marriage was unconstitutional. That made things extra special. The game night for that wedding happened a few days after the ceremony because the couple wants to have time to spend with family and out of town guests.

The other outdoor professional wedding ceremony started on time and lasted 5 minutes. The music at the end was the Impetial March from Star Wars.  After that there was a big catered meal and dancing to geeky songs.  It ended with game night at the couples house. Many of the wedding presents were new board games.

14 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Josie looks beautiful in all the photos, she's very natural in front of the camera. I suspect she could have been quite sucessful as a commercial print model (promo/catalog/boutique) if she'd had a different upbringing. 

Katie seems to be about 5'2", so while she is quite beautiful, I don't think modeling would be in the cards.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I think this is one Bates marriage that will not last, and I give the marriage about 10 years. She is just too young to realize what a jerk she married, but one day she will, and with a marketable skill, she'll be able to get out.

Okay, y'all. I am totally not up-to-date on the whole Bateseseses goings-on. Could anyone tell me why Kelton is a jerk? All I see is he is a licensed plumber and she's a cosmetologist so they're two married people with marketable skills, which are few and far between in ATI/IBLP/Fundieland?! 

@Pretzel: You missed ~10 pages of extremely heated discussion about whether in his story of meeting Josie Kelton revealed himself to be a particularly entitled light-flavour-of creepy kind of jerk or just a garden variety 19-year-old immature jerk. 

The general conclusion was that he was, indeed, some kind of jerk (and arguably not mature enough to get married), even though individual members are still in disagreement about the exact variety. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Katie seems to be about 5'2", so while she is quite beautiful, I don't think modeling would be in the cards.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I think this is one Bates marriage that will not last, and I give the marriage about 10 years. She is just too young to realize what a jerk she married, but one day she will, and with a marketable skill, she'll be able to get out.

Not a standard model but there are options that may be available for her even  now. A friend of mine has been in ads and she is not a standard model. There are no immodest clothes or need for heights in some pictures especially if they want people to look "normal". My friend has been in a picture pretending to look at a house for a broker, in backgrounds in pictures that depict city life and some more real pictures where you can see her face. She has shown clothes for stores despite not being a standard model as that was what they wanted to show, that they have stuff that fits everyone. It is not a career but they get some money that make it worth taking a couple hours off work if necessary but you often get very little when you start but you can kind become a "pro" at this too. I cannot see that this would be beyond what any of the Bates kids could do unless it is beach pictures and even then someone in a dress or shorts or rash guard might even be something they want to include. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived