IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

And sweet Jesus, these flowers is almoust bigger than these girls ??

IMG_20181008_090324_417.jpg

Maybe she didn’t like the top of the dress much either?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Yes, I think I like the dress I thought someone said that day it was a high of 80? I'm real surprise that she wanted that. 

It might have been closer to 90! But in her defense this has been an unusually hot fall so she was probably expecting weather with the highs in the low to mid 70's. The unbelievable heat is why I pity everyone sitting out in the direct sunlight for that wedding. It had to have been miserable. 

I am a strong believer in couples having the wedding they want. Having said that I have been to 5 outdoor  weddings and could happily go the rest of my life never going to another.

The weather is always unpredictable and it smacks of magical thinking that your day will have the perfect temperature. I have been too hot/too cold. Seen women twist their ankles on uneven ground. I hate porta-potties. 

I just want the venue to have adequate parking. Proper heat/air conditioning. Enough bathrooms.

I realize I sound old and cranky and I never say this to people planning their wedding . Sorry for the rant.

23 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I just want the venue to have adequate parking. Proper heat/air conditioning. Enough bathrooms

Amen! Wasn't it the Botkins who made people sit in bitter cold weather for an outdoor wedding? IMO, if the day of your outdoor wedding arrives and the temps are horrible, then just move it indoors and take pictures outside to get the scenery you want. 

If this fall hadn't been so hot that wedding plan would have been amazing because the leaves would have changed and the weather would have been perfect for being outside. I saw on FB someone called this year's fall weather in the South Aug-tober since we are in October dealing with August temperatures and humidity. 

Who is that guy with Katie ?

Also, did Josie and Kelton ever state they were saving their first kiss until the wedding?

7 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Who is that guy with Katie ?

Also, did Josie and Kelton ever state they were saving their first kiss until the wedding?

Jacob Knowles

Instagram is:  jacoblandon11

18 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I hope they took a shower before jumping straight into sweet fellowship. Or at least showered together.

I cannot imagine never fully hugging or kissing a man but jumping straight into a shower with one nude a couple hours after the wedding ceremony. Their lives are so bizarre.

Also, is Katie pictured with here "special friend" in the picture above? Please no.... not already.

16 minutes ago, Joyfully Available said:

Also, is Katie pictured with here "special friend" in the picture above? Please no.... not already.

It looks suspicious to me, as he is in several pictures. I hope I'm wrong and that he is just a close friend of the family. The way Kelly seems to push her daughters out of the nest, though,...

8 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Ashley at the wedding. She really does look good. 

On first glance, I thought Whitney was holding a severed head of that blonde child by the bun. Must book an eye test. 

I don't mind the wedding in general although the flowers are much too big. I think I like Ariana's bridesmaid dress best as it's flattering, modest and still a little sparkly. 

Josie looks beautiful in all the photos, she's very natural in front of the camera. I suspect she could have been quite sucessful as a commercial print model (promo/catalog/boutique) if she'd had a different upbringing. 

Kelton's teeth-baring smile in every photo is a little much for me. Soften your face dude. 

12 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I can't work out how to embed instagram posts, but surely Katie can do so much better than an ugly Trump supporter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjZ0YEdHJfr/?taken-by=jacoblandon11

No clue what his looks have to do with anything, but I'd bet money Katie and the rest of her family are already Trump supporters so...

She's really pretty though?

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It might have been closer to 90! But in her defense this has been an unusually hot fall so she was probably expecting weather with the highs in the low to mid 70's. The unbelievable heat is why I pity everyone sitting out in the direct sunlight for that wedding. It had to have been miserable. 

Yes. I feel terrible for her. Everything looks wilty, and everyone looks sweaty. I’m sure she was expecting crisper weather and is a little disappointed. This happened to me, and it just sucked. My wedding was in the evening, and it was so humid. I hated how the pictures came out. Mine was just a small affair though. 

4 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I am a strong believer in couples having the wedding they want. Having said that I have been to 5 outdoor  weddings and could happily go the rest of my life never going to another.

The weather is always unpredictable and it smacks of magical thinking that your day will have the perfect temperature. I have been too hot/too cold. Seen women twist their ankles on uneven ground. I hate porta-potties. 

I just want the venue to have adequate parking. Proper heat/air conditioning. Enough bathrooms.

I realize I sound old and cranky and I never say this to people planning their wedding . Sorry for the rant.

This is something Mr LBE and I are agonizing over right now. Neither of us want a church wedding because we are both atheists and he in particular has a very strong opposition to marrying in a Catholic church (which we both technically are) because his older brother was abused by Catholic Clergy. Most churches will only marry you if one, but preferable both, of you are members of that religion/denomination. If we were still Christian but had simply moved away from being Catholic, many non-denominational churches would not marry unless we did the whole conversion thing.  I know a lot of people who have had trouble getting married in Churches because they are Christian and do believe it, but they not into organized religion (and I completely think you can be religious/spiritual but hate organised religion) so they get accused of not "really" believing. I also know people who pretend to practice just to get married in a Church because they like the building or because their grandparents would have a fit if they were not married in a  Catholic church (half Hispanic, and this is super common among second generation people like myself)

So anyway, we don't want our wedding in a Catholic church.

But it is actually harder than we thought to find a good venue for the ceremony that is indoors but not a Church.

We can find a lot of places for a reception, but it is still very much assumed people will either marry in a church, on a beach, or in a park/field and neither of those are what we want. We don't want an outdoor wedding for a few reasons because it just isn't right for us - we decided on late fall because we both love that time of year, but that is too cold for an outdoor wedding.

But we don't want to move it to summer and be hot and sweaty, we can't go Winter for obvious reasons (we are marrying in Europe), and don't want it in Spring because I get terrible sinus infections in Spring and don't want to look like I have been ugly crying in my photos and sounding stuffy saying my vows and having to blow my nose every 15 minutes.

But it seems like our options are macking everyone suck up the crisp weather, a church, or a hall, and it is hard to make halls look nice for a wedding and not tacky IMO. We are really struggling at the moment and are wondering if we just have to marry outside and give people blankets or something. But we would really rather not.

I know this was not a problem for Josie and Kelton, but I think a lot of people get married outdoors because it is basically that or a church.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

No clue what his looks have to do with anything, but I'd bet money Katie and the rest of her family are already Trump supporters so...

She's really pretty though?

My main issue is that truly hideous haircut he is sporting.

As far as we know he is just a family friend that was at the wedding with his sister, i know his insta is public but still snarking on anonymous people on their looks especially doesnt seem ok. To me it seems that Katie is totally out of his league, but fundies never stop to surprise me so who knows.

Katie just turned 18 on the wedding. Maybe a courtship proposal happened there too?

10 minutes ago, llucie said:

As far as we know he is just a family friend that was at the wedding with his sister, i know his insta is public but still snarking on anonymous people on their looks especially doesnt seem ok. To me it seems that Katie is totally out of his league, but fundies never stop to surprise me so who knows.

If you snatch a girl young enough she will never know her "league", that seems to be the tactics with a lot of fundie men. I could name some horrible examples but I won't name names.

53 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I can't work out how to embed instagram posts, but surely Katie can do so much better than an ugly Trump supporter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjZ0YEdHJfr/?taken-by=jacoblandon11

He likes fish.

Oops, I posted this before I saw Thorns post. I REALLY hope Katie isn’t getting to know/best friending or courting him.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:44 PM, freethemall said:

Hah I might've done that on purpose to hide my bias - I'm Russian, our typical weddings you eat non-stop for like 5 hours straight, once an American turned to me and said he was stuffed and I was like "dude that was just the appetizers". My own wedding we had an open bar and full buffet with chicken kiev, fish kebabs, corned beef carving station, mashed potato bar, other veggie sides, and smores. So actually I'm most often judging the cake/punch/mints wedding!

And I LOVE any food conversations, bring it!

Interesting, the other color description was blush but they look kind of beige, almost like in Michael's wedding. Do I see one long sleeve style (with sparkles) and one short sleeve? If the colors so far are beige and dark red this will likely be my favorite Bates wedding color theme. Combined with the outdoor wedding this one's looking good.

I'm Russian too! And if you come out of a wedding less than 5 lbs heavier, that wedding was shit. It's just how we do it. I'm not saying other weddings are wrong, it's just our culture. We base everything on food. Most of the time no one remembers what the music was or the dress or anything as long as the table is full.

@LawsonBatesEgo I totally agree that some people have few other options than to get married outside, but I think the aesthetic part is a priority too. I fully admit to being one of those people - I wanted beautiful woodland pictures of me and DH getting married beneath the trees (in a venue where we paid for the beautiful outdoor setting so I also wanted my money's worth!), the crisp fall leaves (my anniversary is Saturday), and I specifically chose a time to have photos done during golden hour sun. I've been to other weddings outside too where it was too hot but honestly, if it's a beautiful setting and ceremony I'll suck it up.

At least it wasn't freezing, remember the Mariah Brown outdoor wedding from Sister Wives?

My bad, I misread a post and thought he WAS her boyfriend not that it was just speculation.

I edited my post to remove the link because I agree it is not fair to drag them until they really sign up for this mess.

My rundown:

Hated Josies dress. That modesty shmata thing underneath ruined the aesthetic. 

Loved the bridesmaids dresses except for Katies. I just didn't like the bust and color of the beads with the fabric.

Absolutely loved the cake and dessert table look. 

I also really like the setting. The pictures came out beautiful. They used the natural scenery to their advantage. The photographer did an amazing job. 

The flowers are a little big but I like the look of them. 

This Jacob man seems to be fond of being shirtless which is borderline meh for fundie standards. However, it may be fitting with the defrauding fundie calendar shoots Kelly does with her sons along with the shirtless (at least under life vests) lake photos from this summer (am I hallucinating these being a thing or were they instagram live things that would disappear after a while). I wouldn’t blame Katie for wanting to GTFO. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived