IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

I don't like her dress, but the bridesmaids all look lovely. 

Anyone know Kelton's middle name? I haven't seen it anywhere. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Josie's not a flower person. She likes nature and outdoors, but flowers give her allergies or something.

Now because everyone else in her family has to have an input into her wedding, she "couldn't possibly have a wedding without flowers". She's already chosen a venue that isn't a church and, (even though there is a tonne of it) limited guest numbers, so having no flowers is yet another battle.

So she compromised. A few flowers here and there, but bigggggg old leaves to block out people in photos whom demanded there be flowers because "It's your wedding and you only get one and you'll regret it!".

Plant based revenge my FJ friends. Plant based revenge.

23 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I don't like her dress, but the bridesmaids all look lovely. 

Anyone know Kelton's middle name? I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Edward.

I hope Josie was happy with it. Fundie weddings never seem cohesive to me, but that may be because they are just so big and done rather quickly. Whatever makes them happy!

Hmmm this is not a real Pinterest fail but almost in my opinion. 

The bouquets are way too big and bushy- I think Kendra did it much better. 

The flower crown died over the course of the day- which is to be expected with real flowers.

The skirt is gorgeous but the top can’t decide if it is inspired by Anna von GreenGables (a very popular look from what I see online) or a more glam, see through version (like Whitney’s vowel renewal dress). Either style would have been fine but they don’t go together. The arms look strange to me. It might have looked better with no arms at all.

It assume she went a bit lighter with her hair colour- at least that was my impression from her photo when they got their license. Sorry, but I think it’s washing her out.

I absolutely LOVE the bridesmaid dresses. I don’t think they are mismatched at all and this looks way more interesting, modern and easy on the eye than all wearing the same dress and colour. Same dress and colour is more 90’s/2000‘s to me, kind of dated and just not elegant but more like a circus (unpopular opinion I am sure). Sadly, I think every bridesmaid looked nicer than the bride herself.

The backdrop is nice and I love that they opted against a mega church. (Unpopular opinion II: they just look like some hall and not like a “real” church to me.)

Pretty cakes!

Tori looks very nice. I adore baby bumps and think it is very flattering to wear tighter clothes when pregnant.

11 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Per family tradition, Josie’s brother Lawson Bates also wrote and performed a song for the newlyweds." Because of course he did.

Lawson’s going to run out of lyrics by the time he writes his 19th sibling’s wedding song.

The real question now is how many times with Kelly call Josie’s style “urban” in the wedding episode like she did when Josie redecorated the girl’s room.

Nice venue.

Side view of the dress is pretty- the rest MEH.

The hair and crown- Nah

And like someone above said, her hair color washes her out-

I like the dress ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ damn, but her waist is *tiny*! And John Morton couldn’t be bothered to button up his shirt and tuck it in at a wedding? 

3 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

I like the dress ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ damn, but her waist is *tiny*! And John Morton couldn’t be bothered to button up his shirt and tuck it in at a wedding? 

One of the bridesmaids’ boyfriend wore this so....I don’t think John did that bad

Spoiler

A3F04717-BCE9-484E-8CE5-7E86FB4EC57D.thumb.jpeg.69f9dd2f0c9646217084df18203f4748.jpeg

6345A15A-C35F-4D5F-A284-0F2AF2035863.jpeg.da83fb6254fcf357632b937d36f817c0.jpeg

That‘s not a bouquet. That is how it looks like when you‘ve been pruning roses and collect the rubbish... ?

I like the boho themed wedding, though I‘ve chosen a slightliy different dress, etc. for myself. But it wasn‘t my wedding ?.

I am a little dissapointed that the colors of the bridesmaids‘ dresses don’t match. So much of pinteresty planning, everything looks perfect and then the bridesmaids breake every rule of my personal Feng Shui. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would normally think that too but all of Alyssa’s recent pictures show her with no bump at all. So I’m just going to hope she’s leaning at a weird angle that makes it look like a bump but it isn’t really. 

Doesn’t Kelly’s sister always do the flowers for the weddings since she’s a florist? She normally does a nice job. But those things are too damn big. I usually love fundie bouquets. That’s really the only thing I don’t like. 

Actually i always found the bouquets in all the weddings too big- Like Erins for example, a beautiful bouquet but too big. Maybe is a southern thing, like the hair haha

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

The bouquets are way too big and bushy- I think Kendra did it much better. 

I‘m pretty sure Kendra‘s wedding planner got her a boquet last minute. She even admitted that she does‘nt know Kendra very well and thus hopes she will like it. 

(But yeah, Kendra‘s was waaaay better.) 

The bridesmaid dresses are ok, but i just wish they had given Katies one to everyone. Its gorgeous and she looks fantastic with it, kinda like a prom dress but what the hell is not like she will have a real prom. (i have seen close ups of the dress on tumblr, but i dont know if they have taken them from private accounts so i will not post them here, i dont want to infringe the rules)

I'm confused by the fact that all bridesmaids are wearing different dresses, but Whitney and Carlin seem to be wearing the same. THAT seems off to me.

I think Josie's dress looks stunning from the side, but the front is another modestification monstrocity.

Stunning venue. Good for you, Josie and Kelton, for not letting yourselves be bullied into getting married in another impersonal mega church.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

One of the bridesmaids’ boyfriend wore this so....I

I'm not going to judge the shorts and a shirt when the wedding was in the direct sun while it was fairly hot.  The one wedding we attended that was like that my husband started feeling sick from the heat because he was wearing a suit. If you are going to have an outdoor wedding in the sun and heat people get to dress casual, IMO. If you want an outdoor wedding in hot weather where people are expected to dress up then it needs to be scheduled near sundown so it is cooling down. 

Not a huge fan of the dress but hopefully that is what she wanted and wasn't something forced on her. The bouquet is a bit much. I'm not sure what they were going for but it seems to have missed the mark unless jerking large weeds out of the ground was the look she was going for and then she got it. 

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not going to judge the shorts and a shirt when the wedding was in the direct sun while it was fairly hot.  The one wedding we attended that was like that my husband started feeling sick from the heat because he was wearing a suit. If you are going to have an outdoor wedding in the sun and heat people get to dress casual, IMO. If you want an outdoor wedding in hot weather where people are expected to dress up then it needs to be scheduled near sundown so it is cooling down. 

This is why In Latin America men use linen suits when they are in warm weathers. They’re called Guayaberas. Sometimes it can get extremely warm but a man will never be seen in shorts at a wedding. That’s what is odd to me about that guy’s outfit. 

Guayaberas:

79F17BDB-C9D3-4A5B-ABDF-9DCC32415E46.jpeg

79259CCD-79ED-4664-AD83-3A447EA5BA01.jpeg

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I adore baby bumps and think it is very flattering to wear tighter clothes when pregnant.

I don't feel one way or the other about baby bumps. Wearing tighter clothes is cool if one is comfortable. Plus, some of us were already larger and didn't wear clingy clothes before we got pregnant.

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not going to judge the shorts and a shirt when the wedding was in the direct sun while it was fairly hot.  

Plenty of less casual attire that's still not a hot suit, like some nice linen trousers or the perennial Seersucker. Unless casual is specified on the invitation you're still at a wedding. I've seen many a man here sweat his heart out in a kilt in a July wedding, but darn it, they're gonna wear it!  

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not going to judge the shorts and a shirt whee not my thing. I just en the wedding was in the direct sun while it was fairly hot.

Maybe in Bermuda? Otherwise, no. Then again, outdoor weddings are not my thing. I just went to one where is poured on the bride and most of us missed the ceremony because we had to run indoors.

I keep seeing the two flowers in the middle of the bouquet as apples. I may need my eyes tested again!

Ah yes. I forgot the eternal debate over “proper wedding guest attire” in my FJ Fundie wedding guide. Knew I missed something! We just need someone to burst in with a “I’M A SOUTHERNER AND THIS IS TOTES NORMAL!” followed immediately by a debate with another Southerner who disagrees completely to perfect this. :pb_lol:

And I can’t remember who, but someone responded to the comment by @formergothardite about the heat with a comment about the ceremony being only 15-20 minutes. It’s possible, but I honestly doubt the ceremony was that short. My very unfundie wedding ceremony was outside in November (we had surprisingly great weather that day) and it lasted around 20 minutes - that was without readings or a sand/candle ceremony or a long sermon or any of the other stuff this crowd seems to prefer.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived