IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no major opinions yet. I like the leaf crown idea, it’s different to the veils all the other Bates/Duggar girls have gone for. Josie’s dress is not the worst I have seen. 

Definitely agree about Tori’s wedding being the best looking, but this isn’t too crap IMO.

Re: the mismatched bridesmaid dresses. This has been quite a trend and I've seen it in a bunch of weddings, including the neutral/metallic tones (the sparkles are supposed to make the look more cohesive).

This is kind of what they would have been going for:

71fbb78c7f96534ebe08f243013ffc02.jpg

Brideside.jpg

Also in that previous interview she said she couldn't describe the colors - burgundy, beige/rose gold, sage green. What's so complicated about that?

5 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Also in that previous interview she said she couldn't describe the colors - burgundy, beige/rose gold, sage green. What's so complicated about that?

SOTDRT

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't feel one way or the other about baby bumps. Wearing tighter clothes is cool if one is comfortable. Plus, some of us were already larger and didn't wear clingy clothes before we got pregnant.

Reminds me of a Uni course where one student was 39 weeks pregnant. She was wearing a loose shirt and yoga pants underneath and even that elastic waistband felt like too much at that stage.

Since per chance all 10 students and the professor were female one of us just said:

"Take them off, nobody will mind and we all understand"?

I think the wedding is beautiful. If thinking about getting married ever stops giving me anxiety attacks, I could see myself doing something like this.
As to the weather, it's so hard to predict. My brother got married outside in July in Oklahoma which is certifiably insane. However it happened to be rainy that week... So we got mosquitoes instead of heat! Not sure which is worse!

The setting is pretty, the cakes look good, I actually like the flowers and I also like the big ring. The dresses aren’t my taste but ok. But Josie looks like a little girl playing dress up to me. I know lots of the other fundie brides have been just as young or even younger but she just looks like a child bride, even younger then she actually is. 

She looks very happy though so I hope she is. 

Josie looks like she is going to a renaissance fair dressed as a woodland nymph. 

I can't find the specific dress on the designer's website but it seems like she does a lot of customizable and mix-and-match pieces. I'm guessing Josie chose the most modest dress they had and then paired it with a lace overlay that was probably designed for a more plunging neckline. It would explain what kind of bugs me about it, which is that it looks high-end and not like a home-sewing disaster, but it also looks awkward. 

Overall I do think this is the most photogenic of the Bates weddings. It got a little wilted and sweaty but it seems like a good effort was made to make it a stylish and tasteful affair.

Bouquets: Way too big, especially on Josie. Also the haphazard greenery just makes it kinda look like they raided the Witch Next Door's garden and they're all about to have their children imprisoned in a tower as retribution. 

Josie's greenery crown: I get what she's going for but I just get some massive Old Gregg vibes. 

Dress: Love the top in theory (I just wish the sheer/lace bit didn't have such a different neckline from the bottom layer), the skirt is fantastic. 

Bridesmaid dresses: Pretty, high rewear value, nicely done. 

Groom: Douche, Kim Jong-Un hair, but they seem sufficiently in love. Mazel tov. 

Overall: Better execution than most fundie weddings, but like the Maxtrager Gala Celebration of Steve's Scrotum, I feel like they wanted a summer wedding and had to make do with a later season. 

19 hours ago, metheglyn said:

1469553036_JKBMusic.PNG.8ea737f0bf848b9b589cf5fc8de547b8.PNG

This might be petty, but Tori's form on the violin is terrible. Literally everything about it looks wrong. Maybe she at least sounds good, though. And maybe the photo just caught her in a bad moment (though that wouldn't explain the bow hold).

Josie appears to have taken time out from her first 20 hours of marriage to change her Instagram handle to Josie Balka.

I still think the dress is a bit too busy on her tiny frame and combined with the long hair and huge flowers, but it definitely looks better in the professional photos. Whoever took these pictures did a great job, so we know it wasn't Taryn with the blur.

47 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Bouquets: Way too big, especially on Josie. Also the haphazard greenery just makes it kinda look like they raided the Witch Next Door's garden and they're all about to have their children imprisoned in a tower as retribution. 

Josie's greenery crown: I get what she's going for but I just get some massive Old Gregg vibes. 

Dress: Love the top in theory (I just wish the sheer/lace bit didn't have such a different neckline from the bottom layer), the skirt is fantastic. 

Bridesmaid dresses: Pretty, high rewear value, nicely done. 

Groom: Douche, Kim Jong-Un hair, but they seem sufficiently in love. Mazel tov. 

Overall: Better execution than most fundie weddings, but like the Maxtrager Gala Celebration of Steve's Scrotum, I feel like they wanted a summer wedding and had to make do with a later season. 

I agree with all of this! except I do think all the elements were intentional autumn-themed (as Josie has said she wanted) and matched each other. 

Also to whoever mentioned Carlin and Whitney in what looks like the same dress - I think the color/design of the lace is slightly different? not sure though lol

I get what she was going for with the bridesmaids dresses, but they are very pastel and spring coloured, and the rest of the wedding seemed very "autumn flower child" as my friend describe it. It is a weird mismatch, IMO. It doesn't match the grooms looks at all. If I saw a picture of the bridesmaids and a picture of the groomsmen, I woudln't think they were from the same wedding.

1 hour ago, Dominionatrix said:

Josie appears to have taken time out from her first 20 hours of marriage to change her Instagram handle to Josie Balka.

In case anyone else is trying to track it down, it's now https://www.instagram.com/josie_balka/ There was apparently already a different "josiebalka" sans underline. And she's gone from "jos" to "josie".

2 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Either Addie or Ellie (I'm not sure who is who) is missing from the sibling photo. Seems a bit strange that one of the younger kids would be missing? 

40 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

In case anyone else is trying to track it down, it's now https://www.instagram.com/josie_balka/ There was apparently already a different "josiebalka" sans underline. And she's gone from "jos" to "josie".

I wonder if the person with the original “josiebalka” handle is a weird fan. There are so many fake creepy Bates IGs out there. That would be annoying.

7 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I wonder if the person with the original “josiebalka” handle is a weird fan. There are so many fake creepy Bates IGs out there. That would be annoying.

I looked it up. Seems to be an actual lady from Canada that's a Radio presenter. Creepy fan/roleplaying accounts also appeared when I searched...

I don’t care for any of it, other than the outdoor setting. I’m surprised, because Josie seems to have really good taste. I get what she was going for but it was executed poorly imo.

And something about Kelton just creeps me the fuck out. He oozes smugness from every pore but there’s something else I can’t quite put my finger on. It just makes me want to knock him down a peg or two. Or throw a martini in his face, not that the little douchebag is worth wasting good gin on. 

Ellie is missing. Addee is in a black dress, between Katie and Alyssa. 

Katie looks SO like Erin in that photo. It may be just the photo, but Katie also looks like Alyssa. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived