IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Katie just turned 18 on the wedding. Maybe a courtship proposal happened there too?

If you snatch a girl young enough she will never know her "league", that seems to be the tactics with a lot of fundie men. I could name some horrible examples but I won't name names.

18 hours ago, llucie said:

As far as we know he is just a family friend that was at the wedding with his sister, i know his insta is public but still snarking on anonymous people on their looks especially doesnt seem ok. To me it seems that Katie is totally out of his league, but fundies never stop to surprise me so who knows.

I am not disagreeing with you two but I am always astonished how easy we all judge the guys and talk rather bad about them. I am not talking about judging his believes (which are probably horrific and totally in line with Katie’s) but „being out of league“ implies more outwards appearance and economical status in my opinion.

To be honest- those Fundie women aren’t exactly what I would call a good catch but for their looks. The men too (and often they even miss the look) because their are also stunted (emotionally and intellectually), probably suffered from harsh parenting and additionally got a head full of stupid ideas of their superiority over women.

This could be just a family friend (and I think we all agree that there is something really wrong with the Bates‘ and their circle) and we already drag him down. Does anyone here really believe that any of those girls is going to marry someone we would „approve“ of? I don’t.

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I am not disagreeing with you two but I am always astonished how easy we all judge the guys and talk rather bad about them. I am not talking about judging his believes (which are probably horrific and totally in line with Katie’s) but „being out of league“ implies more outwards appearance and economical status in my opinion.

To be honest- those Fundie women aren’t exactly what I would call a good catch but for their looks. The men too (and often they even miss the look) because their are also stunted (emotionally and intellectually), probably suffered from harsh parenting and additionally got a head full of stupid ideas of their superiority over women.

This could be just a family friend (and I think we all agree that there is something really wrong with the Bates‘ and their circle) and we already drag him down. Does anyone here really believe that any of those girls is going to marry someone we would „approve“ of? I don’t.

I was talking about looks, but not in the way you think. First to talk about his economical status i would have to be a classist, and i am not, i couldnt care less about that, not that you could tell someone economic level by a photo anyway. And second i am not calling him ugly, even in my post i said it was not ok to call an anonymous person ugly. Maybe it was a missunderstanding because english is not my first language, and i thought the expresion" out of his league" mean something diferent. I thought it was used in circunstances when one partner was so much prettier than the other. I just wanted to say that Katie is so much prettier than him. Not that he is ugly (he is not). Just that she looks like a model.

I was talking about looks, not economical status, since i have no idea about his economical statu, and i am not classist anyways. But not calling him ugly, i was calling Katie too pretty for him. He is nice looking, is just that Katie looks like a model. She can do better than to marry at 18 to a ok looking trump supporter.

I’m a physically ugly woman. Does that mean there’s such thing as a man that’s “too handsome” for me? If I’m a kind, moral person, is an attractive, equally moral person “out of my league”?

The Trump supporter thing is another deal entirely. No one should support Trump, and people who do should stick together, because to me, that’s a hundred times greater a problem than being conventionally unattractive, whether you’re male or female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mayimsmom1976 said:

I’m a physically ugly woman. Does that mean there’s such thing as a man that’s “too handsome” for me? If I’m a kind, moral person, is an attractive, equally moral person “out of my league”?

The Trump supporter thing is another deal entirely. No one should support Trump, and people who do should stick together, because to me, that’s a hundred times greater a problem than being conventionally unattractive, whether you’re male or female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am asuming both are equally nice and moral here, since whe dont really know that much of their personality. So yes i think a person that is super funny and super nice, can compensate for his looks and be with a much prettier person, but here we are asuming both have more or less the same qualities since basically they are unknown to us.

And please re-read my post, i was rewritting it when you replied, i didnt explain myself good the first time.

I like Josie's dress, it's not necessarily a dress that I choose, but I like the fluid skirt and the top, however, the sleeves are a problem, it lacks embroidery, the species empty is not very pretty.

When in Kelton, I like the original touch of the tie. On the other hand, he always looks so tense when he smiles, it looks like he does not know how to be natural in the photo. 

(sorry for my English mistakes, it's not my natural language)

So I noticed this comment on Lily and Ellie’s blog

Spoiler

B5F4A6F6-6991-4F2D-A5DD-2DAD32870E68.jpeg.7ca8db80cfcf5415cee500d414a853d9.jpeg

I was confused because I swore I’d seen one of the bm dresses somewhere else (and not Renee affiliated) so I decided to check Renee’s fb page and I saw no mention of the bridesmaids dresses but instead I saw this picture of Josie and Kelton and Renee’s comment implying she’s involved

Spoiler

C0DB3D26-D88F-462E-A103-4F669C508FAF.thumb.jpeg.b8b8699fb4a87b7af343f7e7f9ebbe84.jpeg

16A54DB7-9D3D-42DC-8228-03276E89E8BC.jpeg.89bd2e1648e06b09b54828d665f69b8c.jpeg

So this made me even more confused because I still don’t think she made all the bm dresses. And I guess she was the one that altered Josie’s dress but from the comment makes her seem like she’s trying to say she did it (Even though we know it’s Leann Marshall) ?

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So I noticed this comment on Lily and Ellie’s blog

Hide contents

B5F4A6F6-6991-4F2D-A5DD-2DAD32870E68.jpeg.7ca8db80cfcf5415cee500d414a853d9.jpeg

I was confused because I swore I’d seen one of the bm dresses somewhere else (and not Renee affiliated) so I decided to check Renee’s fb page and I saw no mention of the bridesmaids dress but instead I saw this picture of Josie and Kelton and Renee’s comment implying she’s involved

Hide contents

C0DB3D26-D88F-462E-A103-4F669C508FAF.thumb.jpeg.b8b8699fb4a87b7af343f7e7f9ebbe84.jpeg

16A54DB7-9D3D-42DC-8228-03276E89E8BC.jpeg.89bd2e1648e06b09b54828d665f69b8c.jpeg

So this made me even more confused because I still don’t think she made all the bm dresses. And I guess she was the one that altered Josie’s dress but from the comment makes her seem like she’s trying to say she did it (Even though we know it’s Leann Marshall) ?

Maybe she made some of the dressed but not all? which one have you seen in another store? 

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

Maybe she made some of the dressed but not all? which one have you seen in another store? 

Makayla’s dress. I just checked. It’s ASOS 

Spoiler

440A0842-31E1-4830-AA69-7740F5F7CF93.jpeg.88676885570f4819c32394326e810e41.jpeg

C3667248-B86E-4091-AD82-42A2DB7811A9.thumb.jpeg.e742d02b64886159622c9200887fbcaa.jpeg

Mizz Renee is not exactly known for her "originality" thus far.....and Makayla's dress isn't super unique as is, I'm sure Renee "made it" but it's not a super particular design (the reason I love Katie's bridesmaid dress is it at least looks *different* lol). 

Renée has a bridal shop, maybe she catalogues commercial dresses as well as "designing" & just did the special-order and alterations for Josie's gown.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, eveandadam said:

If you snatch a girl young enough she will never know her "league", that seems to be the tactics with a lot of fundie men. I could name some horrible examples but I won't name names.

:::::Psst, name them, I won’t tell.::::

4 hours ago, llucie said:
I am asuming both are equally nice and moral here, since whe dont really know that much of their personality. So yes i think a person that is super funny and super nice, can compensate for his looks and be with a much prettier person, but here we are asuming both have more or less the same qualities since basically they are unknown to us.
And please re-read my post, i was rewritting it when you replied, i didnt explain myself good the first time.

It’s all good. I was just presenting a bit of a different perspective.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her colors seem to be deep red and that beige/blush color. 

image.png.e5d6d7f710ecea2cd3058155d2aecafe.png

23 hours ago, artdecades said:

What in gods name is his hair. It's like a mullet mohawk. 

with an undertone of white supremacy

I’ve read plenty of studies where males and females tend to pair up with mates similar in attractiveness. Of course attractiveness is determined by the “current standards of beauty in the US” since we know beauty standards change over time and are different in each country. 

However I will say that I’ve seen some unbalanced fundie matches where the female is gorgeous and the male is very average looking. I’ve always kind of assumed it had to do with fundies placing so much importance on female looks. You don’t hear much about the fundie male appearance. But you can’t go a day without a fundie male or dcale blabbering on and on about the fundie female appearance. Their hair, makeup, clothing, modesty, are all constantly talked about onblogs and social media. How many fundie blogs talk about male clothing, facial hair, hair cuts, and modesty? Not many. 

11 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Okay, y'all. I am totally not up-to-date on the whole Bateseseses goings-on. Could anyone tell me why Kelton is a jerk? All I see is he is a licensed plumber and she's a cosmetologist so they're two married people with marketable skills, which are few and far between in ATI/IBLP/Fundieland?! 

Well it started with a lot of snarking on his looks.  Then someone found a pro-trump pic on his Instagram & things picked up. (Personally I’d be surprised if any if them weren’t pro-trump). Then about a month ago he posted an “our story” article on the knot website where he talked about their previous relationship which Josie broke off. He was bitter over the breakup & had a hard time getting over Josie & had to forgive her before getting back together a year later.  This led to him being crucified by several of the members here & labeled a mysogynist  pig.  A lot of people also found the difference in ages to be a “red flag”.  It was 12 pages of red flags, warnings, dire predictions, impugned motives & name calling. They started a “Free Josie” hashtag.

Any disagreement with these opinions was not to be tolerated.  Anyone trying to give the guy a break for being young & immature & in his first relationship had to be impugned as well.  It got very ugly.

I predict a long & happy marriage with too many children.  I think that Josie will keep working. Kelton will build her a hair salon one day.  She will start dressing like Alyssa. And that the show will last one more season, two tops, & no one on this board will ever know or care about any of it.  (Even though I would enjoy saying I told you so)

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Dear 8 lb 6 oz newborn baby Jesus, don't let Katie be courting Haircut. 

She just turned 18 so she's unlikely to be courting, but she could definitely have a special friend.

(Aside from ice cream, which she has previously said she preferred to dating.)

13 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Okay, y'all. I am totally not up-to-date on the whole Bateseseses goings-on. Could anyone tell me why Kelton is a jerk? All I see is he is a licensed plumber and she's a cosmetologist so they're two married people with marketable skills, which are few and far between in ATI/IBLP/Fundieland?! 

You mean, being a licensed plumber is connected to whether he is a jerk?  You mean, because he can make money he can't be a jerk?

What does one thing have to do with another? Plenty of jerks make money (hello, Donald).

12 hours ago, elliha said:

Not a standard model but there are options that may be available for her even  now. A friend of mine has been in ads and she is not a standard model. There are no immodest clothes or need for heights in some pictures especially if they want people to look "normal". My friend has been in a picture pretending to look at a house for a broker, in backgrounds in pictures that depict city life and some more real pictures where you can see her face. She has shown clothes for stores despite not being a standard model as that was what they wanted to show, that they have stuff that fits everyone. It is not a career but they get some money that make it worth taking a couple hours off work if necessary but you often get very little when you start but you can kind become a "pro" at this too. I cannot see that this would be beyond what any of the Bates kids could do unless it is beach pictures and even then someone in a dress or shorts or rash guard might even be something they want to include. 

OK, but I don't see her as a fashion model. A girl in my niece's class is a fashion model, and she flies all over the world modeling clothes. She looks dramatically different than any of the other 500 girls in the class--mostly because she is so strikingly tall and thin. She is not even particularly pretty (though she looks lovely when all made up), she just has the right kind of facial structure and body type. I think Josie is more conventionally pretty, but she certainly doesn't look like this young model I know.

Josie's prettiness is better suited to things like homecoming queen, local beauty queen, cheerleader, etc.

As for posing in an ad to look like "everywoman", I suppose any of the Bates girls could do that. Or any number of other women I know. You don't have to be especially gorgeous to be in an ad like that.

No one has commented yet on Kelton’s white tee shirt/undershirt that he’s wearing underneath his button down. It’s completely see-through. And so distracting in the photos! He needs a heavier weight collared shirt. With no tee shirt!

35 minutes ago, Johannah said:

No one has commented yet on Kelton’s white tee shirt/undershirt that he’s wearing underneath his button down. It’s completely see-through. And so distracting in the photos! He needs a heavier weight collared shirt. With no tee shirt!

Oh my god yes! I didn’t notice it until you pointed it out but now I see it it’s very distracting!

1 hour ago, ClareRose said:

Oh my god yes! I didn’t notice it until you pointed it out but now I see it it’s very distracting!

I noticed it the other day and thought a few things

It would have looked better without it 

It would have been cooler without it

is that a Morman special underwear thing?

Is that a new male fundie modesty thing?

couldn't he have just worn a singlet top?

Interesting- a white t-shirt under a white dress shirt (lighter cotton and more see through than a casual shirt/Oxford shirt) is pretty much still expected for business or formal occasions here. I mean those dress shirts are VERY see through and no one needs to see his nipples or chest hair. But I agree- it doesn’t look too nice when you can clearly see the t-shirt.

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Interesting- a white t-shirt under a white dress shirt (lighter cotton and more see through than a casual shirt/Oxford shirt) is pretty much still expected for business or formal occasions here. I mean those dress shirts are VERY see through and no one needs to see his nipples or chest hair. But I agree- it doesn’t look too nice when you can clearly see the t-shirt.

I have also always been told that to be properly dressed a man should have something underneath his shirt. My grandfather always wore either a singlet, a t-shirt or a long sleeved t-shirt under his shirt for this reason. 

I think that in the old days it was also a way of protecting the nicer items of clothing as they would not get sweaty, the clothes underneath would.

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Yes. Generations of a certain type of southerner have been taught that it is quite gauche for a “proper southern gentleman” to forego an undershirt, to the point you’d see frat boys wearing t shirts under T-shirt’s at my SEC school. (And sorority sisters dressed in dresses and heels at football games)  Then there are the redneck types of us who just wear the undershirt—or no shirt. ?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived