IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

On 10/9/2018 at 4:44 AM, miss_batson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The photos are beautiful, I'll give them that. Has Taryn Yager been dropped? Can't remember the last time she took photos for them- Tori's wedding?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Interesting- a white t-shirt under a white dress shirt (lighter cotton and more see through than a casual shirt/Oxford shirt) is pretty much still expected for business or formal occasions here. I mean those dress shirts are VERY see through and no one needs to see his nipples or chest hair. But I agree- it doesn’t look too nice when you can clearly see the t-shirt.

true i did not think of that

but from what i can see he never took the vest off so it negates the need for a shirt 

7 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Kudos to Josie for wearing those heels in the grass on her wedding day.

I can barely walk in wedges on pavement. :cry:

And I am overweight  so I would be sinking into the grass as I walked. would be such a glamorous look, not. 

Plus it ruins shoes.

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

true i did not think of that

but from what i can see he never took the vest off so it negates the need for a shirt 

And I am overweight  so I would be sinking into the grass as I walked. would be such a glamorous look, not. 

Plus it ruins shoes.

So I planned ahead on this part of my wedding. I wore flats and bought my bridesmaids wedge-ish heels I knew wouldn’t sink in the grass part. I didn’t plan on my the lace on my dress and veil getting caught on the brick walkway! Nearly lost my balance those first few steps and had to carry my cathedral veil and lace in my hand with all the flowers and everything hahaa

On 10/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, Naughty&nice said:

Well it started with a lot of snarking on his looks.  Then someone found a pro-trump pic on his Instagram & things picked up. (Personally I’d be surprised if any if them weren’t pro-trump). Then about a month ago he posted an “our story” article on the knot website where he talked about their previous relationship which Josie broke off. He was bitter over the breakup & had a hard time getting over Josie & had to forgive her before getting back together a year later.  This led to him being crucified by several of the members here & labeled a mysogynist  pig.  A lot of people also found the difference in ages to be a “red flag”.  It was 12 pages of red flags, warnings, dire predictions, impugned motives & name calling. They started a “Free Josie” hashtag.

Any disagreement with these opinions was not to be tolerated.  Anyone trying to give the guy a break for being young & immature & in his first relationship had to be impugned as well.  It got very ugly.

I predict a long & happy marriage with too many children.  I think that Josie will keep working. Kelton will build her a hair salon one day.  She will start dressing like Alyssa. And that the show will last one more season, two tops, & no one on this board will ever know or care about any of it.  (Even though I would enjoy saying I told you so)

:roll:

Don't forget about the members getting super dramatic about other members disliking Kelton ("crucified" is a ridiculous word here, IMO), or posting pictures of Josie at 15 suggesting that what really mattered is that she looked grown up.

Plenty of members expressed disagreement reasonably, but I saw some seriously disturbing posts from others.

Kelton will build her a hair salon one day.

Actually, Naughty&Nice, I think Josie will build her own hair salon one day, using her own money that she earned as a stylist.

I think she'll grow older and more mature, and gradually find Kelton stifling and embarrassing.

I don't need to be right, though, and I have no desire for the show continue so that I can "show you I'm right." I could care less about saying "I told you so" (I differ from you, in that respect). Actually, I hope I'm wrong, because I wouldn't want to wish an unhappy marriage on this young girl.

I never did understand why it matter that she looked "grown up" at 16. I think the poster was just trying to show us that she was attractive (as though that matters, somehow!) In any event, I don't remember any ugliness at all. I remember a discussion.

10 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Actually, Naughty&Nice, I think Josie will build her own hair salon one day, using her own money that she earned as a stylist.

I think she'll grow older and more mature, and gradually find Kelton stifling and embarrassing.

I don’t think that is in the cards for her. She will be too occupied having children. 

I am always intrigued why we are so easy to assume that the women will mature and realise that their husbands are lacking. Maybe Kelton matures and realises that Josie is pretty but apart from cutting hair hasn’t many practical skills (all Bates girls seem to seriously lack in the cooking/shopping/housework department when they leave home -Alyssa was the exception I think). I also doubt they have a big variety of conversation topics (apart from Jesus) which can get boring very fast. Those women are raised to look pretty but are probably very shallow (so their husbands can mould them). I am not too sure many of husbands of the younger generation are prepared for that- especially the ones with a more “worldly” upbringing and experience.

9 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t think that is in the cards for her. She will be too occupied having children. 

I am always intrigued why we are so easy to assume that the women will mature and realise that their husbands are lacking. Maybe Kelton matures and realises that Josie is pretty but apart from cutting hair hasn’t many practical skills (all Bates girls seem to seriously lack in the cooking/shopping/housework department when they leave home -Alyssa was the exception I think). I also doubt they have a big variety of conversation topics (apart from Jesus) which can get boring very fast. Those women are raised to look pretty but are probably very shallow (so their husbands can mould them). I am not too sure many of husbands of the younger generation are prepared for that- especially the ones with a more “worldly” upbringing and experience.

Really, how hard is it to learn cooking/shopping/housework? With the help of her older sisters, I think she can pick that up pretty quick. And how many young guys are fussy about that, anyway?

I don't think all fundie women grow and mature faster than their men. I wouldn't say that about Michael, for example, or Erin or Alyssa--they seem about the same as when they first married. But Josie has shown intelligence, drive and ambition by developing a skill set within her restrictive community, and actually holding a job (if that's true) for a few weeks before she married. 

As you can see, I'm not entirely sure Josie was actually hired at a job. It could have been an internship for school. It could be she rented the space with some of her money from the show. It could be the whole thing was staged for the show, and the salon went along with it for the publicity. Remember, she had only just graduated--do cosmetologists with no work experience get hired that easily before they've even graduated?

If I had to guess, she rented the space from the salon, because most of the people who cut my hair have that sort of arrangement with their salon. Still, if she did it on her own, that does show intelligence, drive and ambition. That's more than her sisters have done. Her big sister Carlin has done nothing remotely similar--too busy torturing spiders, I guess.

When Josie was in school she said she could use her cosmetology skills for ministry and for her future family. I don’t know why anyone thinks she has dreams beyond that simply because she currently is employed.

1 hour ago, TeaELSee said:

When Josie was in school she said she could use her cosmetology skills for ministry and for her future family. I don’t know why anyone thinks she has dreams beyond that simply because she currently is employed.

Because we all hope that Josie will run away and realize that the cult is shit? There's always hopes here and most of them end up crushed.

5 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Because teenagers always say what they think, when their parents are listening and when their "brand" is at stake.

4 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Smooshed face kisses

4F35778D-EF0A-4F28-95E0-69546FA87957.jpeg

I had a bit of a chuckle at this. At first glance I thought she had her leg up wrapped around him, I was like whoah there Honey, wait until you get back to your room. Poor Loves, lack of physical intimacy skills really does show in fundie wedding photos. just cringeworthy imo. I suppose not in theirs where purity culture rules.

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

Because teenagers always say what they think, when their parents are listening and when their "brand" is at stake.

It was last year, she is married now.

I hope she gains independence etc.. but when someone lives their life a certain way, gets married at 19 and specifically states what they want to do with their degree, I tend to believe them.

55 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Also, it looks like he's wearing really badly-blended concealer or something there xD

can not unsee that now. lol

Personally, I think its just a horny flush lol ;) which also now I can not unsee or unthink lol 

2 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

It was last year, she is married now.

I hope she gains independence etc.. but when someone lives their life a certain way, gets married at 19 and specifically states what they want to do with their degree, I tend to believe them.

Last year she was living with her parents and completely dependent on them. She was also 18. I have two teenage girls. They are great kids, but they often say what they think I want to hear. If they were talking to the media, they absolutely would say "good kid" stuff.

Josie would never tell a UP cameraman, "I'm questioning my belief in God." or "Who says birth control is so bad?" or "Kelton and I have gotten busy plenty of times behind our church." In the same way, she is never going to look into a camera, with a mike tucked behind her ear, and say, "I love my work and I want to have financial independence, so I am going to keep working and let my kids go to daycare. They'll be fine!"

Now if you saw this on a text that Josie sent to a friend, I'd be more inclined to believe it.

I'd just take these things with a grain of salt. If she does have any thoughts of independence, she may not have the courage to voice them yet.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:59 AM, Hisey said:

There's almost no question that the second Josie is pregnant, she'll stop working at the hair salon and become a full-time stay-at-home wife and mom. She'll look back on her pre-marriage work/hobby just as Alyssa looks back on her short stint as a florist, Jill Dillard as a midwife, and even Erin as a music teacher.

I'd love for her to pull a Whitney (now a real estate agent) and surprise us all but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, there's been very few reception pictures from the couple, including the food (except for the cakes of course). I think I saw a mention somewhere of snacks and sandwiches. Otherwise, did we manage to avoid the Great Wedding Food Debate this time around?

33 minutes ago, freethemall said:

There's almost no question that the second Josie is pregnant, she'll stop working at the hair salon and become a full-time stay-at-home wife and mom. She'll look back on her pre-marriage work/hobby just as Alyssa looks back on her short stint as a florist, Jill Dillard as a midwife, and even Erin as a music teacher.

I'd love for her to pull a Whitney (now a real estate agent) and surprise us all but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, there's been very few reception pictures from the couple, including the food (except for the cakes of course). I think I saw a mention somewhere of snacks and sandwiches. Otherwise, did we manage to avoid the Great Wedding Food Debate this time around?

Has Erin stop working as a piano teacher?

44 minutes ago, llucie said:

Has Erin stop working as a piano teacher?

They claim she is still working. I don't see how it's possible, unless she drops the kids at Kelly's or a little sister comes over.

I have no idea whether Josie will keep working, or if she ever really worked at all. She certainly could cut and color hair in her home. 

She won't learn and grow much, though, if that's all she does. Remember, if she worked at all, it was only for a few weeks. I imagine she has plenty to learn.

If she has a few kids and stays home with them, that's a good thing, too. I don't see why working while you have small children is considered such a desirable thing. If she wants to, fine, but if she doesn't that's fine too.

Whitney has an ideal setup, since she presumably can drop the kids at Kelly's. However, dropping three kids at daycare while going to a 9-5 is not an ideal setup to me, unless you really need the money. The cost alone would make it a bad idea, unless you were really making a lot.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived