IGNORED

Jinjer 40: Still Waiting for the Baby

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Bethany was apparently the most popular name for evangelical girls  14--18 years before I worked there. The only name that outnumbered Bethany was Sarah which was generally popular for that age group. Joshua was the boy equivalent of Bethany. 

It makes sense that some names would be intensely Catholic, due to saint-naming traditions, but I wonder if there's any research out there on what makes a name distinctly evangelical. For example, I know that "Rebekah," with a K, tends to be a pretty strong indicator, but I have no idea how that came to be.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love it if no duggar was present for the birth at all. How refreshing would it be if Jeremy and Jinger did this in a hospital with no relatives present? Or at the very least, in the waiting room and only allowed in after it's all over and everyone is settled? But what do I know. Maybe Jinger wants sister/mom support. 

I think Jana was training to be a doula, not a midwife. She was Jill's accountabilibuddy.

4 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I am going to say the 22nd, 7lbs 7oz, Julia Grace or Julianna Faith.

Then Jim Boob could nickname her Julie and Michelle's head would explode!

As for names I’m sticking with my original  guess of Lydia Grace. 

Names: I'm putting money on Julia (or Giulia because Jeremy is EYETALIAN don'tcha know) + Attribute. 

I actually got made fun of at Jewish summer camp because I have a very not-Jewish-sounding name (think slightly uncommon Celtic first name and WASPy last name - which ironically is anglicized from my family's originally very, very Russian Jewish last name, the anglicization was because my grandfather feared anti-Semitic prejudice due to his last name); all the other girls were Sarah, Rachel/Rachael, or Rebecca (and all the boys were Adam or Daniel). They told me I wasn't a real Jew because my name was too WASP to be Jewish. 

Throwing my name guesses in the ring since baby spice is due any day now

Olivia Lauren

Ava Lauren

Sophie Faith

For my slim chance name I am going with Felicity Marie

But I definitely think she will include Jessa's name in some way. My little sister and I are very close and my first daughter will share her middle name, and future hubby agrees. My sister is a pretty cool lady to be named after and I am sure Jinger feels some of the same sentiment. Also if it is not the first daughter, then one of their daughters will have Jessa or Lauren in their name.

1 hour ago, Snowless said:

Thank you very much for the info!  I’m part of the Never Been Pregnant Club, so I appreciate accurate information when needed.

You’re welcome! I was pregnant two years ago, so the recommendations I was given are still pretty fresh in my mind. The only ones that most pregnant women in the states follow are to avoid smoking and hard drugs. A lot of American women avoid alcohol as well. 

If I'm lucky enough to conceive again I’ll be following the recommendations very closely. I don’t have the best obstetrical history, so I plan to be extra cautious next time. March of Dimes or the American Pregnancy Association are my usual go to for questions at this point (other than my Doctors.)

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I’m very confused about the vegan comment. 

Me too. Are there honestly vegans that just go around people's profiles lamenting werther or not people have gone vegan yet??? Ugh, I'd instantly block them.

48 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I'd love it if no duggar was present for the birth at all. How refreshing would it be if Jeremy and Jinger did this in a hospital with no relatives present? Or at the very least, in the waiting room and only allowed in after it's all over and everyone is settled? But what do I know. Maybe Jinger wants sister/mom support. 

If the birth is filmed at all (and I suspect it will be) then it would be a good thing for a Duggar to be present. They’re used to filming births themselves at this point and it would allow Jeremy to really focus on Jinger and her needs at the same time. If I remember right, Michelle was present at the hospital to film Garrett’s birth last month and it seems to have been a pretty calm  birth compared to some of the others. 

1 hour ago, SweetJuly said:

Seriously, though, it's a bit of a shame that she doesn't seem to have been interested in pursuing (or permitted to pursue) the midwife training she did alongside Jill because I believe Jana would have made an excellent midwife or doula. From what we have seen of her during births, she is calm and caring, and we all know she has plenty of experience with babies.

Like @Bad Wolf said above, I don’t think Jana ever had intentions of being a midwife, I think Jill needed someone to accompany her while she sought training so Jana tagged along and someone thought it would be good if she trained as a doula so she did that too. I never got the feeling that she was super into it, from what we were shown. 

I'm hoping she does an Alyssa Webster and just quietly has the baby then releases a photo/baby details a day or two later. 

I remember seeing her absolutely horrified when she attended a birth on 19KAC. Maybe Jessa's? 

3 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

Jinger is going to choose a common name, I get the feeling that she doesnt like the fact that she was saddled with a unique name therefore wont want to give her children unique names. 

Yep- My niece has a very uncommon name for age.  In addition it has a unique spelling. Both of her boys have names that have been in the top 10-20 names for years on end.

I wonder if they could possibly honor Grandma Duggar and use Mary as a middle name despite it not being used a lot in their circle.

22 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Me too. Are there honestly vegans that just go around people's profiles lamenting werther or not people have gone vegan yet??? Ugh, I'd instantly block them.

Food shaming annoys me a lot regardless of who is doing it. I’ve seen a good number of pretty obnoxious vegans, but I’ve also seen my fair share of obnoxious meat eaters too. I’m of the opinion that there are judgemental jerks who follow every diet in existence - unfortunately, they tend to be some of the most vocal representatives and give the rest of the people in that specific group a bad reputation.  

8 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I'm hoping she does an Alyssa Webster and just quietly has the baby then releases a photo/baby details a day or two later. 

I remember seeing her absolutely horrified when she attended a birth on 19KAC. Maybe Jessa's? 

Jessa never gave birth on 19 Kids. Israel was the last birth shown on that show.

Spurgeons birth was definitely on the show. I think that was the one where Jinger was iffy about attending and had the TH about how it wasnt really her thing and she would try to help with more behind the scenes things. 

24 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Food shaming annoys me a lot regardless of who is doing it. I’ve seen a good number of pretty obnoxious vegans, but I’ve also seen my fair share of obnoxious meat eaters too. I’m of the opinion that there are judgemental jerks who follow every diet in existence - unfortunately, they tend to be some of the most vocal representatives and give the rest of the people in that specific group a bad reputation. 

It also reminds me of predatory MLM huns and bros. Have you tried an essential oil for it? And why won't you switch to LipSense? YOU NEED TO TRY WRAPS AND THESE EXPENSIVE SHAKES!

7 hours ago, karen77 said:

And of course Jinger is going to have the baby while I'm on vacay... odds are good. I'm gone the 17th-25th!

Works for me - won't be born on my birthday.

Yeah, food shaming bothers me too. My vegan friends don't bother me when I eat meat, and I make delicious vegan brownies for them when they come over. Everyone eats what they want, everyone has a good time. What a weird comment to leave on someone's picture.

Just want to put this out there’s again with the conversation about who Jinger will have at the birth. In an interview with US magazine, Jinger said she definitely wants Michelle there, but she has also invited Jana and Jill. Actually it sounded like Jill invited herself, but Jinger still included her in that list. The good news is that it didn’t sound like she expected any of her sisters to be able to make it anyway.

As far as who will be in the delivery room, Jinger told Us that although her sisters are invited, her mom Michelle Duggar is the only definite so far. “I want my mom definitely at the birth of our child and so I’ve invited her and Jana as well and Jill, she wants to make it. So they’re invited, but I don’t know how many will be able to make it,” she revealed. “My mom, at this point, is the only one who’s probably going to be able to make it for the birth.”

1 hour ago, finnlassie said:

It also reminds me of predatory MLM huns and bros. Have you tried an essential oil for it? And why won't you switch to LipSense? YOU NEED TO TRY WRAPS AND THESE EXPENSIVE SHAKES!

They remind me of my school nurse, who would literally always fucking suggest you were on your period for any ailment you presented her - be it a goddamn sliver, or a headache. God I hated her. 

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Spurgeons birth was definitely on the show. I think that was the one where Jinger was iffy about attending and had the TH about how it wasnt really her thing and she would try to help with more behind the scenes things. 

As I said earlier, Spurgeon’s birth was never shown on 19 Kids. Jessa’s pregnancy announcement with Spurgeon wasn’t even shown on an episode of 19 Kids - they publicly announced in late April 2015 that Jessa was pregnant, the last season of 19 Kids ended in mid-May 2015, and the show was canceled before another season could start airing. Had the molestations never been revealed they likely would have aired Jessa’s pregnancy announcement on the original show, but they never got the chance due to the timing of the reports being released.

Israel was the last birth aired on 19 Kids. Spurgeon was the first birth aired on Counting On - it was shown during one of the three Counting On specials in the fall of 2015.

@VelociRapture sorry, I read your post as saying Israel’s birth was the last one filmed and shown by TLC. I guess I dont differentiate between the two shows in my mind, its just the Duggars show on TLC in my head and maybe the OPs you quoted too. What the OP was saying jived with what I remembered seeing on the show. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived