IGNORED

Jinjer 40: Still Waiting for the Baby

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

At home after 34 weeks?? What in the world?!

This isn't the 1940s when pregnant women were hidden away! Lol

I read the post more along the lines of "after 34 weeks women seem to be so huge and uncomfortable that they want to stay home and relax/nest as much as possible." You might have the most energy in the morning when you get up, and something as simple as a trip out to run errands can just be too exhausting to do much more for the rest of the day. Obviously just sitting around is a luxury most heavily pregnant women can't afford, but cutting activities down to the necessities (going to work, running essential errands, any childcare when a partner isn't home to help) seems to be very normal behavior. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ms. Brightside said:

I read the post more along the lines of "after 34 weeks women seem to be so huge and uncomfortable that they want to stay home and relax/nest as much as possible." You might have the most energy in the morning when you get up, and something as simple as a trip out to run errands can just be too exhausting to do much more for the rest of the day. Obviously just sitting around is a luxury most heavily pregnant women can't afford, but cutting activities down to the necessities (going to work, running essential errands, any childcare when a partner isn't home to help) seems to be very normal behavior. 

@SapphireSlytherin Additionally some women have great difficulties in walking longer distances in the latter stages of pregnancy which would potentially reduce the amount of time they spend out and about.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

At home after 34 weeks?? What in the world?!

This isn't the 1940s when pregnant women were hidden away! Lol

My eldest sister kept on carrying relatively heavy boxes pretty much til the day my first nephew was born. All of us tried to get her at least carry something lighter, but she was full on hormones raging at us how unsupportive we are :laughing-rofl: Her second pregnancy, she was wondering how the hell was I able to carry all that shit because bebe number two made her want to do basically nothing for the last few weeks.

Meh. I was 100% active until I had my daughter at 41 weeks. No big deal. As my doctor said, "You're pregnant - not sick."

But to each her own. And I've seen P.L.E.N.T.Y. of 38-40 week pregnant women all my life. Still do. Most are still working (if the worked prior to that, obviously).

Super comfortable looking dress for hot summer days.  Larado is forcast to hit 105 to 107 F every day this week.   That dress looks like it is light and loose, just the thing for a summer pregnancy.  

I think Jinger looks great considering she is about 40 weeks pregnant, Jeremy looks stressed.   I think she will deliver in a hospital or a birth center with a fully trained and certifed staff, no home birth considered at all.

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect this will not be a small baby.

Yeah, that is a rather, um, generous bump she's trying to hold up there. She's got the, "GET THIS THING OUT OF ME" look on her face.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, BernRul said:

The Catholic elementary school I went to was mostly white, some Protestant, and working class. Kids were basically either Irish, Italian, Polish, or German. We knew who the Protestant kids were because they didn't get Eucharist, but no one treated them any differently. Most parents in my neighborhood sent their kids there because they didn't want them to go to underfunded public schools. Some of those parents might also have done it for racist reasons, IDK. Many also did it because of tradition.

My Catholic high school was 40% non-Catholic, with those students being Protestant, Muslim, and Buddhist. It was also extremely diverse. IDK which racial group was the majority because it seemed like it was evenly represented, but if I had to guess I'd say African Americans had the slight majority. The diversity was a big selling point. My classmates were Korean exchange students, children of Southeast Asian refugees, Puerto Rican and Dominican, Jamaican and Haitian, African Americans from middle class neighborhoods and African Americans from "ghettos," white suburban students and white kids from working class ares. I loved it. It made me the person I am today.

We did go to mass and have religion classes that taught us that abortion was bad and don't have sex, but most of us were liberal and a few teachers were avowed Democrats. Obama was elected when I was in school, and we went nuts over it, it was the biggest celebration. We were taught evolution and the big bang theory and told that there was no conflict between science and religion because the Bible is the essence of truth but not literal. In English we read Mark Twain and Crime and Punishment and Catch 22 and a ton of literature that makes it to the banned book list. In history we learned about the bad things that the Church did.

I know some people may have had bad experiences with Catholic schools, but in my experience they were very inclusive and welcoming, respected students' religions, and weren't brainwashing factories. IMO they are very different from Christian schools that try to shelter students.  

I loved Catholic school. I am proud of that foundation. It was a good one. I loved the Dominican sisters who taught me so well. Except for one. Who I am sure is burning in hell.  

FWIW... I just want to clarify that my post above was about the people who utilized my school and the society I was raised in.  I am no longer a practicing Catholic, but without my Catholic education I wouldn’t have ever developed the critical thinking skills I required to reject Catholicism or to recognize the prevalence of racism in my community.  

Can I also just say how great her hair alooks in this pic.  If I was end stage pregnant in Texas, id live in a bikini at the beach. She really is a trooper.

@Thorns, our newly adopted dog got about halfway in my lap when she heard that Bombadilla Life song.  I think she liked it!  I'm glad to see that Gwennie is getting more comfortable here at her new home.  Now if my dachsie would top being an asshole.  Gwennie and the cat have met each other and they're okay together.  

I’ve seen a lot of women with big baby bumps who have an average or even smaller size baby. They also fit into their pre pregnany clothes just after birth. It seems like the shorter the mom the bigger the bump appears, imo.

5 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I’ve seen a lot of women with big baby bumps who have an average or even smaller size baby. They also fit into their pre pregnany clothes just after birth. It seems like the shorter the mom the bigger the bump appears, imo.

And then there's Joy. Shorter, huger (yes, I know it's not a word but even spell-check doesn't seem to mind it, so) bump, and massive baby...

11 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Another possibility is that all the weight she has put on sits in her bump. Which seems to go out in the front a lot. Her arms are still rather slim for example. She looks big from slightly or full side angles but not so much from full frontal in my opinion.

Something I learned from Social Media (and friends as I am now in this “season of life”) is how big a baby bump really gets in the end. I obviously notice it more but you just don’t see many pregnant women after 34 weeks as they are at home at this point. My explanation is that they do the shopping and stuff when the rest of the people are at work and rest more in afternoon and evening so you just don’t encounter them a lot. I was truly shocked when I realised how big 90% get.

You're not from the U.S. are you? No, women here don't stay home 6/8 weeks prior to giving birth, most can't afford that, we only get 6 weeks of UNPAID maternity leave as it is most women who work, work until they go into labor. I've seen 2 women over the years in early stages of labor at work trying to finish out the day to say every last second of leave for AFTER the baby is born.

One woman I worked with had a 29 week baby and used her 8(c/section) weeks maternity leave caring for her DD in the NICU, and had been off a lot during her pregnancy with complications, and really bad morning sickness. She had to come back to work 2 or 3 weeks before her baby was released, and then had to quit because they wouldn't allow her to take even the day off to bring her daughter home from the hospital, because she'd already used all her PTO & and FMLA for the year.  That was a really shitty place to work. They also had a HUGE turn over rate, because of it,

I finished worked on a Monday and had baby Quinn on Tuesday. Got my first maternity leave paycheck and immediately went back to work part time at 3 weeks and back full time at 6 weeks. To be fair, my company now offers paid maternity leave but they didn't when I was pregnant. Most don't get that luxury in the U.S. 

I worked as long as possible each pregnancy and at 39 weeks with my third, Mr. Snood had to lecture me for accidentally picking up a 50lb bag of flour instead of a 25lb one. I was always going places at the end to keep busy.

I get a very generous maternity leave (by US standards) and I still worked up until the moment my water broke, the day after my due date, so that I could spend all of that time with my baby. Awkward water breaking at work incident aside, I still feel that this was 100% absolutely the best decision. I plan on doing the same this time.

I am all about Jinger's dress. I'm a few weeks less pregnant than she is, and I need that dress in my life right now. It's hot AF in the Southern US, y'all. It might not be the most attractive dress I've ever seen, but it looks comfy and cool.

And I think we've been all over this, but you really can't tell anything about baby size by how a woman carries or how much weight they gain. First pregnancy I had a 7 pound baby. I had a tiny, high bump and gained less than 20 pounds. This time I have a massive, low bump and my weight gain is slightly less than it was at this point last time. This baby might be a little bigger, but I doubt he'll be more than half a pound or so heavier than his sister was.

19 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You're not from the U.S. are you? No, women here don't stay home 6/8 weeks prior to giving birth, most can't afford that, we only get 6 weeks of UNPAID maternity leave as it is most women who work, work until they go into labor. I've seen 2 women over the years in early stages of labor at work trying to finish out the day to say every last second of leave for AFTER the baby is born.

One woman I worked with had a 29 week baby and used her 8(c/section) weeks maternity leave caring for her DD in the NICU, and had been off a lot during her pregnancy with complications, and really bad morning sickness. She had to come back to work 2 or 3 weeks before her baby was released, and then had to quit because they wouldn't allow her to take even the day off to bring her daughter home from the hospital, because she'd already used all her PTO & and FMLA for the year.  That was a really shitty place to work. They also had a HUGE turn over rate, because of it,

No, I am not from the US. And honestly I am more than thankful for that. Here you are on protection 6 weeks prior to your estimated due date and 8 weeks later (more with twins or disabled children). Since this year that also expands to students or people working on an hourly basis rather than with a contract. All this with full payment and no impact on your holiday count. 

Many women are still out and about but they mostly seem to do it in the mornings and during the day when the rest is working so it is easy not to encounter a 8/9 month bump.

I will stop working at the last day of July and with this hot summer I definitely cannot wait to do all the active stuff in the cooler morning and use the hot afternoons to unwind and relax.

10 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I love that she seems to be cool and comfy. Also, Jeremy looks tired AF in that Instagram picture. It's sort of edifying to see him off his game, haha.

I'm guessing baby will be at least 8 lbs and she will not be attempting a home birth.

At that stage and size in pregnancy (and with the Texas heat), I think she looks fine. 

@just_ordinary I'm increasingly wishing I wasn't from the U.S. What with the traitors pile of shit in the WH and the Congress who won't do a damn thing to stop him, and how horribly we are treated by employers and our government.  I wish I was from almost anywhere else.

Personally, I don’t think there’s much of a point in debating how big or small little Rufusette will be. We’ll know for sure soon enough. Then the discussion can either turn to bashing Jinger for obviously having a terrible pregnancy diet (because giant baby) or bashing Jinger for not eating enough (because tiny baby) or bashing Jinger for not immediately dropping all the weight (because lazy and it’s her job!) or bashing Jinger for immediately dropping the weight (because it’s apparently selfish to prioritize yourself when you have a baby) or somehow blame Jill for breathing in Jinger’s general direction and giving her an obvious case of:

1. Giant baby-itis

2. Stupid birth decisions-itis

3. Why is Jill even there-itis

4. Jill obviously forced JinJer to let her come-itis

5. Jill didn’t do anything wrong but it’s just fun to bash Jill-itis

Yeah... I’ve obviously been here for too many Duggar spawnings. I’m a cynical and bitter old lady at the ripe age of 30. :pb_lol:

17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yeah... I’ve obviously been here for too many Duggar spawning. I’m a cynical and bitter old lady at the ripe age of 30. :pb_lol:

The quiverful fundies will do that to you.  I'm closing in losing track of who is married and have already reached the point of not caring.  Who the kids belong to is next.

well the show is back on the 30th. Jinger is a little over 39 weeks now if we go by her last picture posted six days ago saying she was 38 weeks 4 days. I bet the Duggar's have their fingers crossed that she will go over her due date and deliver on the 29th or early on the 30th so they can announce it right before the new episode airs. new season, new baby first granddaughter in three years and first Maternal Granddaughter. 

^^Plus the Jobbie engagement announcement will likely happen around the same time.

We can't stop the Duggars, they've been always birthing since the world's been turning...

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

A year ago, I was working on a project with a coworker, and she was very, very heavily pregnant. Turns out she was in early labor the day we were working together, but was afraid to say anything. We went home, no big deal. She texted me the next day that she had her baby overnight but didn’t specify what time. The bookkeeper stopped me the next day and wanted to know what time she had the baby. I said I didn’t know. Bookkeeper tried to demand that I text my coworker for the time of birth and vaginal or c section so she could determine when her leave started and how long she could take. I just reinterated that mom and baby we’re healthy and mom was probably sleeping. 

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The quiverful fundies will do that to you.  I'm closing in losing track of who is married and have already reached the point of not caring.  Who the kids belong to is next.

I came up with a mnemonic to remember the current Duggar grandkids’ birth order. Of course I can’t remember it exactly now, but it was something like:

My Mother Made Internet Memes Starring Henry Seewald Making Glittery Green Bears Go Vroom!

Mack, Michael, Marcus, Izzy, Meredith, Spurgeon, Henry, Sam, Mason, Gideon, Garrett, Baby Girl Vuolo

I did something similar with the offspring of the Duggar kids, but I can’t remember that either. It had to do with the number of kids and somehow connected to their names somehow - like the Smuggars having 5 Marvelous M’sor the Forsyth’s having 1 Giddy Guy. I’ll give it a try:

- The Smuggars have 5 Marvelous M’s (Mack, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, and Mason)

- The Dills have 2 Insanely Sweet sons (Israel and Samuel)

- Benessa have 2 Sons that are Handsome (Spurgeon and Henry) 

- JinJer have 1 Gestating fetus (Girl)

- JoKen have 1 Gorgeous guy (Garrett)

- JoStin have 1 Giddy guy (Gideon)

ETA: The one for the Seewald should actually be “Seriously Handsome sons.” It sounds better that way.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived