IGNORED

Jinjer 40: Still Waiting for the Baby

Coconut Flan

I'm guessing something Italian. Nicoletta, Alessa, Giuilia, Chiara....but definitely not Maria. 

I taught six years in a Christian school, then ten in a Catholic school. Never had a Mary, Marie or Maria in Christian school and never had a Bethany in Catholic school. 

In fact, a parent who subbed a lot at Christian school was named Mary and at one point an administrator suggested that she go by her middle name. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is Gianna Serafina Vuolo ("Gia")   or Maddelena Rafaela Vuolo ("Maddy")  or something like Ainsley Emerson Vuolo.

Ok that's a couple of guesses.   July 14th.   7lbs 8oz

9 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Long ago I thought Jinger said something about wanting her mom and Jana there.  I could be wrong though.

I could see her wanting Jana and Jessa there before wanting Jill. She never struck me as being very close to Jill.

I can see Jana & MEchelle going down early to wait for baby, and Jessa coming as soon as she gets word she's in labor. I don't see Jill going down at all, maybe Jessa will take Hannie or Jordyn since Jordyn was Jinger's buddy, That way Jessa can bring the kiddos and Hannie can help out with them.  

Joy could be a wild card going down with Jessa, but she'd have to bring Gideon.  I see her going to before Jill does, but Joy also seems to be separating herself from the family like, Jinger. Making appearances for special events but not at the TTH daily, like Jessa & Jill seem to be.

Joy had a housefull when G was born, DQ, Jill, Hannie, Roxanne, Meghan, I think I saw Jana there as well, not to mention Austin. I can see Jinger wanting that but not Jeremy.

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I can see Jana & MEchelle going down early to wait for baby, and Jessa coming as soon as she gets word she's in labor. I don't see Jill going down at all, maybe Jessa will take Hannie or Jordyn since Jordyn was Jinger's buddy, That way Jessa can bring the kiddos and Hannie can help out with them.  

Joy could be a wild card going down with Jessa, but she'd have to bring Gideon.  I see her going to before Jill does, but Joy also seems to be separating herself from the family like, Jinger. Making appearances for special events but not at the TTH daily, like Jessa & Jill seem to be.

Joy had a housefull when G was born, DQ, Jill, Hannie, Roxanne, Meghan, I think I saw Jana there as well, not to mention Austin. I can see Jinger wanting that but not Jeremy.

Jordyn was Jessa’s buddy. Hannie was Jinger’s.

ETA: My phone autocorrected “Hannie” to “Jammie” and then tried to autocorrect it to “Hannover” when I fixed it. My phone is a jerk. :pb_lol:

54 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I can see them taking a classic name like Katherine and using a version that hasn’t been anglicized, like Katarina.  I’ve also had thoughts that Elizabeth could factor in there as well.  Katarina Elizabeth Vuolo actually works, even if it’s a total long shot.

You know, I read that and I thought of Caterina Sforza, the Countess of Forlì and well-known Renaissance noblewoman, but then I realized she was married  three times and was an all-around badass, so that would be out of the question as a namesake.

Now, this would be extremely unlikely, but given Jinger’s love of coffee, would a name like Capucine pass muster with Jeremy?  Probably not.  Maybe a Lottie (as in “latte”) could be a possibility, though!  Or Arista (“barista” minus a B), or perhaps Peet for a son?  :tw_lol:  I’m assuming Jinger’s had to stay away from the coffee during her pregnancy, but I bet she’ll be glad to have her favorite brew again soon once she has the baby.

They sure are in San Antonio a lot (I know that's where the base church is)... I'd say maybe someday I'll have a Duggar sighting, but I don't get out much, and I tend to avoid the River Walk area, lol

7 minutes ago, Snowless said:

You know, I read that and I thought of Caterina Sforza, the Countess of Forlì and well-known Renaissance noblewoman, but then I realized she was married  three times and was an all-around badass, so that would be out of the question as a namesake.

Now, this would be extremely unlikely, but given Jinger’s love of coffee, would a name like Capucine pass muster with Jeremy?  Probably not.  Maybe a Lottie (as in “latte”) could be a possibility, though!  Or Arista (“barista” minus a B), or perhaps Peet for a son?  :tw_lol:  I’m assuming Jinger’s had to stay away from the coffee during her pregnancy, but I bet she’ll be glad to have her favorite brew again soon once she has the baby.

The current caffeine recommendation for pregnant women in the US is no more than 200 mg of caffeine per day. That’s the equivalent of one 12 ounce cup of coffee. Some women are more strict about this than others and some women don’t really follow the recommendation because it’s a recommendation, not a mandate. Doctors don’t really know what level of caffeine is safe during pregnancy and testing to find out could be difficult because many women may not be willing to take part in studies - that’s pretty much why they set the recommendation where they did. 

Experiences will vary, but it’s possible Jinger is still enjoying coffee in smaller amounts. 

23 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I taught six years in a Christian school, then ten in a Catholic school. Never had a Mary, Marie or Maria in Christian school and never had a Bethany in Catholic school. 

I knew one Bethany in Catholic school. On the other hand, nearly every one of my female friends growing up had a middle name that was some variant on Mary or Catherine (mine is, too-- Kathleen). I had no idea that it was "a Catholic thing" til I was older. I just thought Marie was, like, the universal standard for middle names.

14 hours ago, beepy13 said:

Hoping this means they're in Texas, and that they'll stay there until baby comes. No Jill needed.

Coming out of long time lurkdom solely to express my displeasure at the fact that Jeremy turned down his chance to say "Boba with the bro-ba"

I think we’re giving Jeremy and Jinger too much credit for potentially naming their kid something cool and Italian. “Different” for them would be Emily Elizabeth (no disrespect to the Emily Elizabeths in the audience). As much as I love the suggestions for really awesome-sounding names, they aren’t getting crazier than Sophia or Olivia. But my money’s on Emily Elizabeth. 

San Antonio is just 2.5 hours from Laredo. That's truly no big deal, and not a long trip at all.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't see them going with Anna, not with Anna being married to Smugger, whom Jeremy seems to hate.

Oh, you're right. Very good point.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I'm guessing something Italian. Nicoletta, Alessa, Giuilia, Chiara....but definitely not Maria. 

In fact, a parent who subbed a lot at Christian school was named Mary and at one point an administrator suggested that she go by her middle name. 

I live in a very Catholic country and Mary is extremely popular as a middle name - it's mine too (although I think it's after my grandmother more than any religious meaning)

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Yeah, Mary was seen as a "Catholic" name in my circles growing up too. And Catholic equaled BAD (eleventy!!!). 

Religion can be so odd.

Jinger is going to choose a common name, I get the feeling that she doesnt like the fact that she was saddled with a unique name therefore wont want to give her children unique names. 

38 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I’m very confused about the vegan comment. 

Vegan's like to let you know that they're vegan. 

2.5 hours is a long drive if your pregnant and ready to pop.  I wouldn't have done it, because I wouldn't have wanted to be that far from the hospital.  

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I knew one Bethany in Catholic school. On the other hand, nearly every one of my female friends growing up had a middle name that was some variant on Mary or Catherine (mine is, too-- Kathleen). I had no idea that it was "a Catholic thing" til I was older. I just thought Marie was, like, the universal standard for middle names.

Mary, Marie and Maria were all considered too Catholic by the evangelicals and fundamentalists I have known. I literally never had a student with any of those names at that school. 

Bethany was apparently the most popular name for evangelical girls  14--18 years before I worked there. The only name that outnumbered Bethany was Sarah which was generally popular for that age group. Joshua was the boy equivalent of Bethany. 

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

2.5 hours is a long drive if your pregnant and ready to pop.  I wouldn't have done it, because I wouldn't have wanted to be that far from the hospital.  

That's where people are different. I did it all the time, until about a week before GryffindorDisappointment was born. I still do 6 hours every couple of weekends to see my dad. Roadtrips, to me, are no big deal. I've driven 1,000+ miles in a day - on many occasions.

An Italian name would be beautiful and appropiate BUT it is a way to honour the Vuolo's Catholic heritage. Because Italian roots are deeply catholic. So I doubt they pick a "too" Italian name. Yes, they can choose a common Italian middle name, like Claudia or Francesca, but I bet the first name will be something like Emily, Emma, Nicole (after Jinger), Catherine... something classical.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The current caffeine recommendation for pregnant women in the US is no more than 200 mg of caffeine per day. That’s the equivalent of one 12 ounce cup of coffee. Some women are more strict about this than others and some women don’t really follow the recommendation because it’s a recommendation, not a mandate. Doctors don’t really know what level of caffeine is safe during pregnancy and testing to find out could be difficult because many women may not be willing to take part in studies - that’s pretty much why they set the recommendation where they did. 

Experiences will vary, but it’s possible Jinger is still enjoying coffee in smaller amounts. 

Thank you very much for the info!  I’m part of the Never Been Pregnant Club, so I appreciate accurate information when needed.

57 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Only if she has a little brother named Clifford ;) 

I know two Emily Elizabeths. Neither have siblings, nor dogs named Clifford. The disappointment is tremendous. 

That all being said, with all the pretentious book pictures, I’d give Jeremy some forgiveness points if he reads some Clifford to the little lady. And maybe to Jinger to get her caught up to speed.

An aside: my chinchillas like the Clifford show on Netflix. 

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Long ago I thought Jinger said something about wanting her mom and Jana there.  I could be wrong though.

I could see her wanting Jana and Jessa there before wanting Jill. She never struck me as being very close to Jill.

I am due next week - and I also want Jana there! :) (We even have a guest room with a king size bed, just for her!)

Seriously, though, it's a bit of a shame that she doesn't seem to have been interested in pursuing (or permitted to pursue) the midwife training she did alongside Jill because I believe Jana would have made an excellent midwife or doula. From what we have seen of her during births, she is calm and caring, and we all know she has plenty of experience with babies.

I also remember Jinger saying she wanted her mother and Jana there. As close as Jinger is to her, I don't think Jessa is well-suited to or greatly interested in being a birth support person.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived