IGNORED

Jinjer 40: Still Waiting for the Baby

Coconut Flan

I’m a vegetarian and I love me some round planets. I’m not indigo, just your standard brown person. I don’t have super powers, but I know all the Soviet general secretaries in order. I also really like vaccines because PUBLIC HEALTH!

While I do enjoy the company of other vegetarians and have some veggie blogs I really like, I can’t say I’m crazy about vegans/vegetarians/health food nuts who are pushy. But that goes with any belief/life choice. Don’t be a dick and play nice. Life will continue if I eat a grilled cheese and milkshake.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a hard time seeing a complicated Italian name being used. 

1.)  I don't Jeremy wanting to take a chance that people will botch his little princesses name when saying it for the 1st time.

2.) Fairly or unfairly, Italian names would have some tendency to sound "Catholic" or in fact be connected to the Saints. I don't see someone as anti-Catholic as Jeremy taking a chance that people will make that connection. 

6 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

That all being said, with all the pretentious book pictures, I’d give Jeremy some forgiveness points if he reads some Clifford to the little lady. And maybe to Jinger to get her caught up to speed.

Maybe, maybe not.  A dog that large must be the work of Satan.  Or the occult.

I’m hoping that the baby is 7lbs 9 oz or somewhere close to that. My name pick is Evangeline Nicole, called Evie. 

6 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I know that "Rebekah," with a K, tends to be a pretty strong indicator, but I have no idea how that came to be.

I’d imagine the reason Rebekah is more common than Rebecca in evangelical circles is because the ‘kah’ spelling is what’s used in the bible, or at least it’s what’s used in the NIV/ESV/KJV. 

12 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Maybe, maybe not.  A dog that large must be the work of Satan.  Or the occult.

His fur is bright red. Harlots wear bright red. Therefore, Clifford is a big red hussy. Can’t expose Princess JinJer to a big red hussy! No Clifford for Princess JinJer!

(How’s my fundie logic? Does it sound accurate? I feel like it sounds accurate.)

23 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

How’s my fundie logic? Does it sound accurate? I feel like it sounds accurate.)

Best to ask your husband, we are mostly women here. 

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Who saddles kids with Spurgeon and Willberforce (TG it's only a middle name)???

Right???  Since the guy's name was Charles Spurgeon, I have no idea why they didn't just name him Charles.  He even looks like a Charlie imo.

I have a gut feeling she will give birth this weekend. 

9 hours ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

Like @Bad Wolf said above, I don’t think Jana ever had intentions of being a midwife, I think Jill needed someone to accompany her while she sought training so Jana tagged along and someone thought it would be good if she trained as a doula so she did that too. I never got the feeling that she was super into it, from what we were shown. 

Yes, I know - that's why I said it's a shame that Jana didn't ever want to be a midwife. I think she would have been wonderful at it, unlike Jill unfortunately...

On the other hand, good on Jana for making her own choices, even if it just means saying "NO". Come to think of it, saying "no" (keeping sweet while doing so) to an option is often the only choice the kidults have when it comes to their own lives and future.

9 hours ago, oldfashionedgal said:

I’d imagine the reason Rebekah is more common than Rebecca in evangelical circles is because the ‘kah’ spelling is what’s used in the bible, or at least it’s what’s used in the NIV/ESV/KJV. 

I have come across more of the English version of -cca. 

I get mistaken all the time for a different ethnicity because of how my first name is spelled. And if you look me up during my birth year, they don’t have enough data to release my spelling. I’m pretty sure I am the only one. If I ever have a future daughter, she will get it as a middle name. 

People can PM me if they want the spelling. I just won’t publicly put it on a forum. 

6 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

Yes, I know - that's why I said it's a shame that Jana didn't ever want to be a midwife. I think she would have been wonderful at it, unlike Jill unfortunately...

On the other hand, good on Jana for making her own choices, even if it just means saying "NO". Come to think of it, saying "no" (keeping sweet while doing so) to an option is often the only choice the kidults have when it comes to their own lives and future.

The biggest issue Jill faced was training with Venessa. Had she received training from someone else (you know, someone who doesn’t suck completely) she might be certified and somewhat competent at this point. 

I think Jill definitely bears responsibility for this, but her parents do as well since they limited her opportunities for education and training. And Venessa absolutely bears responsibility as well since she was the one who trained Jill. 

@Jenn The Heathen @VelociRapture @AnnEggBlandHer?

Excuse you all:

”All things bright and beautiful, ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all”

If Clifford isn’t bright, great, and wonderful, then I just don’t know what to think anymore. 

But actually, if we’re talking about satanic cartoon characters, Zach and Whitney Bates let their kids watch Winnie the Pooh IIRC. A talking half-naked bear would easily be in that camp. (I love Pooh Bear though :’( )

Well you know those abominations Bert and Ernie and that ultimate Minion of Satan the Count...

I guess The Berenstein Bears would be mostly ok. A nuclear  family where Mama stays home and bakes and Papa bear does his manly head bearship thing . Maybe that’s just the older books though. 

17 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I remember seeing her absolutely horrified when she attended a birth on 19KAC. Maybe Jessa's? 

The same way Johanna looked while she got her hand squashed by Joy. 

14 hours ago, Taylurker said:

I wonder if they'll put Dulce in her name somewhere for a sugar and spice reference,

Yeah I wondered too it they’ll put in a spice somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Well you know those abominations Bert and Ernie and that ultimate Minion of Satan the Count...

I guess The Berenstein Bears would be mostly ok. A nuclear  family where Mama stays home and bakes and Papa bear does his manly head bearship thing . Maybe that’s just the older books though. 

They're pretty conservative. I bought my kid the potty book while we were stocking up on toilet-related literature and ended up scribbling in "and Papa" in a few places. Mama was doing all the potty stuff and Papa was nowhere to be found. I do not fucking think so! 

11 hours ago, RavenclawPajamas said:

Right???  Since the guy's name was Charles Spurgeon, I have no idea why they didn't just name him Charles.  He even looks like a Charlie imo.

I think they didn’t go with Charles because then he could be named after any old heathen. Naming him Spurgeon lets us all know he is named after the godly Charles Spurgeon. At least they wised up with their second kid and used Wilberforce as his middle name.

I loved the Bearnstein Bears as a kid. I remember one book dealt with Mama going back to work. I was saddened to hear that Stan and Jan Bearnsteins son was trying to use the books to proselytize. 

17 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

They remind me of my school nurse, who would literally always fucking suggest you were on your period for any ailment you presented her - be it a goddamn sliver, or a headache. God I hated her. 

My mother-in-law does this. I have had no appetite for about 4.5 weeks due to being given a shot I shouldn't have been given by an incompetent P.A at an urgent care. She made a comment the other day that indicated she apparently thinks I've been on my period for 4.5 weeks. 

Uh, no. I actually explained to you what caused this. And if my period had been going on for 4.5 weeks, I'd probably see a doctor about that. Even at my advancing age, that would not be normal or okay. 

9 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

They're pretty conservative. I bought my kid the potty book while we were stocking up on toilet-related literature and ended up scribbling in "and Papa" in a few places. Mama was doing all the potty stuff and Papa was nowhere to be found. I do not fucking think so! 

Every time Miniway has done number two he yells: Dad! I’m finished. 

One of the many reasons he is my favourite kid. 

23 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

BUT...Mama Bear is sarcastic as hell, so there is that reality.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:07 PM, Sky with diamonds said:

I have a gut feeling she will give birth this weekend. 

me to  - perhaps at 11 am :D

13 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Every time Miniway has done number two he yells: Dad! I’m finished. 

One of the many reasons he is my favourite kid. 

i love that name miniway 

I see Jeremy naming his daughter Risen Michelle 

21 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Uh, no. I actually explained to you what caused this. And if my period had been going on for 4.5 weeks, I'd probably see a doctor about that. Even at my advancing age, that would not be normal or okay. 

my hormone doctor is very pleased with me :D 

11 minutes ago, nst said:

see Jeremy naming his daughter Risen Michelle 

Omg do we know of any fundies who have used Risen as a first name? I could totally see that. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived