IGNORED

Jinjer 40: Still Waiting for the Baby

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, mollysmom said:

When does the baby normally drop? From my limited knowledge (no kids of my own) it seems like soon after the baby drops the mom goes into labor(?) Is that accurate? And does that mean that she's not having this baby any time soon? (as in the next few days? strictly based off of how high the baby still is)

My baby never actually noticeably or visibly dropped. I mean, I felt him lower a bit but no one was ever saying “whoa, baby has dropped” or commented on my pregnancy waddle near the end. My water just broke... however, I ended up on 16 hours of pitocin & eventually an emergency c-section at 4:00 a.m. I also went into labor at 37 weeks so she could potentially go any day now. Let’s hope Jinger has a smoother delivery! 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Joyfully Available said:

Is it just me or does it seem like Jinger has been pregnant for years at this point? I thought maybe they waited a bit to announce but I guess they actually did announce immediately after the positive test. Geeesh!!! 

Excited to hear the name they choose & wishing her a speedy & safe delivery. I’ve always had a soft spot for Jinger. 

Looking at the calendar... baby Vuolo could share a birthday with me! July 31st. We need to start taking bets!! Lol

Counting back, they announced on or around 12 weeks. I announced my pregnancy once I was 12 weeks along too. I think it just feels like a super long pregnancy because:

1. They’re in the public eye, so we’re reminded she’s pregnant constantly.

2. Posters here have been discussing the pregnancy since they announced she was pregnant - again, reminding us constantly that she’s pregnant. 

13 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Baby is still really high. When does the baby normally drop? From my limited knowledge (no kids of my own) it seems like soon after the baby drops the mom goes into labor(?) Is that accurate? And does that mean that she's not having this baby any time soon? (as in the next few days? strictly based off of how high the baby still is)

It probably differs for everyone. I was very sick the day before my daughter was born, so my parents came up to take our dog for the day/night. My mom commented that it looked like the baby had dropped. I was too distracted by feeling crappy to notice or care at the time. :pb_lol:

My first one dropped like a week before he wound up coming.  With my second, I think he literally dropped right before I went into labor.  Every woman and every pregnancy is different, but some doctors seem to think that first time mothers will drop up to 2 weeks before baby comes.

Yeah Youngest was at like -4 station (still VERY high) and didn't drop until 2 minutes before he was born. And my water had broken 12 hours before. Dropping helps because nerve receptors near the cervix read that as a sign to start thinning and dilation but it doesn't happen for everyone. 

My middle son lived right up under my tonsils until the very last minute, the "water bag" was bulging out and they eventually gave in and broke it and then he came barrelling out like it was a water slide lol 10lbs 2ozs and the easiest delivery ever. Son 1 and son 3 did drop, as low as they could without leaving and then just stayed there, obviously they were comfy but me not so much. They were also both back to back deliveries, little darlings.

If we do make it to a new thread before Baby Vuolo gets here, something like "Dropping Soon" or "Hasn't Dropped Yet" would be a great title. [emoji23]

I finally caught up with the thread!  As someone who's never been pregnant, I have nothing to add to the 'dropping' discussion, but I would like to mention that there's a state recreation area in southeastern Wisconsin named after Richard "Dick" Bong.  We cheer every time we drive by the "Bong State Recreational Area" sign.

14 minutes ago, potato said:

I finally caught up with the thread!  As someone who's never been pregnant, I have nothing to add to the 'dropping' discussion, but I would like to mention that there's a state recreation area in southeastern Wisconsin named after Richard "Dick" Bong.  We cheer every time we drive by the "Bong State Recreational Area" sign.

Dick Bong!

I am a big history nerd and love talking about the differences in pilot kill counts in WWI and WWII between Germany and others, and how German folklore and myth played into how they treated their pilots (and eventually undermined their defenses because of it). And every time I go off on one of my stories (I'm a hoot at parties), you better believe I mention Dick Bong. Because dammit I ain't passing up an opportunity to say "Dick Bong."

The only "biological" term for dropping I knew was the balls, so I got a bit confused at first scrolling the thread...

6 minutes ago, elf1590 said:

Duggar Data stated today her official due date is July 20

Oh my God. That's right around my birthday. I swear to God, if the baby girl is born on the 24th I'll do something crazy.

Sad thing is, I'll be at a scout camp from the 23rd til the 31st, so if the baby's born on my bday I can't go crazy drunk how I'd like to... :my_cry: idk... I'll have my friends throw me in a lake and I'll just shout THE BABY IS FUCKING HEEERE I HAVE A DUGGAR BIRTHDAY TWIN and no one will understand me. In any case, my camp free time will be me updating FreeJinger... :giggle:

1 hour ago, elf1590 said:

Duggar Data stated today her official due date is July 20

If Jinger goes a week overdue like her sisters then I'll finally have a Duggar who shares a birthday with me. I guess it could be worse. 

Ok, so, Jinger is a form of Ginger that is pretty rare, right?

Well, Finland has this search engine where you can basically check when certain names have been the most popular and exactly how many people have received that name per decade (with an exception: "For reasons of protection of privacy, the service will not show the exact number of holders of certain first names if they are uncommon"). So like... of course I had to check if there's any Jingers in Finland! And my expectiations? Abso-fucking-lutely none! Reality, however...

539339678_ScreenShot2018-07-11at21_00_52.png.fc86f08acab9b479953badad2d00527a.png

THERE IS AT LEAST ONE JINGER IN FINLAND. OR HAS BEEN! Due to privacy protection we'll never know if it was a male or female, but still!

... so the day when I go crazy and give my kid the name Jinger, the people at the naming board can't say "yo this is too fucking wild, Finn, you can't just give your baby a silly name", BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY BEEN GIVEN. (yes, baby names are rather monitored to avoid crazy names, you have to have a legit reason to give your baby a rare/weird ass name, like heritage etc)

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

2. Posters here have been discussing the pregnancy since they announced she was pregnant the day she got married - again, reminding us constantly that she’s pregnant. 

Fixed that for you.  At least Jinger didn't have the ridiculous "They've DEFINITELY had sex before they were married, and here's how I've parsed that from a photo/tweet/edited moment on TV" that accompanied Joy's wedding.

I still think she will have the baby the 18th on Jim Bob’s birthday first Duggar daughter to have a girl and on Jim Bob’s birthday.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Fixed that for you.  At least Jinger didn't have the ridiculous "They've DEFINITELY had sex before they were married, and here's how I've parsed that from a photo/tweet/edited moment on TV" that accompanied Joy's wedding.

That actually started with Jill. I remember people insisting that they must have indulged in some premarital fellowshipping because of her due date. It’s actually kind of a good thing both she and Joy went late - it helped stop that speculation a bit. 

Some names may be ok in one country but not another, in 1999 Celtic signed a Brazilian player called Rafael Schidt, pronounced shite, not the best last name to have playing in Glasgow. He only lasted in Scotland a few months and had to have his first name on his shirt. 

Jinger looks beautiful and is not as big as her sister's were. 

Hoping this means they're in Texas, and that they'll stay there until baby comes. No Jill needed.

1 hour ago, beepy13 said:

Hoping this means they're in Texas, and that they'll stay there until baby comes. No Jill needed.

I’m pretty sure they are in Texas - I seriously doubt Jinger does her bump pics in Arkansas.

Honestly, I feel like the home birth thing is more a Jill/Jessa thing. (I forget if Joy tried it.) I'm also curious how close Jinger is to to Jeremy's mom and what pregnancy/labor/delivery advice Diane gave Jinger. I suppose it's possible Jinger may try a home birth. However, Jeremy is a seemingly confident, assertive headship and he has made a home for them in Texas. I willl will fall over in shock if Jinger has her baby anywhere but Texas. 

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Honestly, I feel like the home birth thing is more a Jill/Jessa thing. (I forget if Joy tried it.)

Joy wanted to have a home birth and her biggest fear was an emergency c-section... which she ended up having.

Was hoping the bro's shirt was for a rock band (yes Christian metal exists!) but zoomed in it looks like it's from Aeropostale. Darn!!

There are a few hospitals nearby but unless it's another emergency I can bet with almost absolute certainty that the Vuolo's are using this place for care. Not naming the facility for privacy reasons but I'm calling it now!! This group does use licensed CNM's with their MSN degree.

20180712_043048.thumb.jpg.82caef29878d4289a02e9eefd5417e3f.jpg

I can't even imagine Jeremy considering or allowing crazy-ass Jill to deliver Baby Girl Vuolo.  He seems to have more than two connected, functioning brain cells. I truly believe he is teaching Jinger that the way she was raised was extreme, that she doesn't have to do everything her mother and/or sisters did, and that she can make smart choices. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived