IGNORED

Jinjer 40: Still Waiting for the Baby

Coconut Flan

There is a Dr. Butts in my town.  Sadly, he isn't a proctologist.  

And a couple of years ago, my husband made me an appointment with a new dentist.  I went to the window, and saw his business card.  Dr. Savage.

And I noped right on outta there!!

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Anthony Weiner, American politician involved in sexting scandals.

Ah, Carlos Danger. Don't forget that he played a major role in giving us Trump!

(Biden's reaction in this clip is amazing.)

28 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I have known several people named Jean or Gene over the years, and I can never greet them without internally chuckling: "hygiene!"

My mothers name is Jean, and this has never crossed my mind.  :pb_lol:

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My mothers name is Jean, and this has never crossed my mind.  :pb_lol:

I know, I'm just weird that way. :lol:  Of course, I'm guessing you probably don't say "Hi, Jean" to her all that often?

My brain couldn't pass up a pun if I tried.  And I have tried.  In fact, MY last name should be Punn, in a perfectly just and aptronymic world...

My friend's daughter's orthodontist is named Dr. Sueme. Pronounced "sue me."

I went to school with a guy whose last name was Hurt.  He later became a pediatrician.  Hey kids, time for your appointment with Dr. Hurt!

I served with a Lt Boobs (female). Fortunately or unfortunately for her, she was VERY well endowed.  Also, the name tape on uniforms is, you guessed it, located on the chest for a nice labeling effect.  If she stayed in, she would undoubtedly be Major Boobs by now.  

Also served with a Captain Kirk, Major Savage, and Private Ryan.  Lots of jokes in there...

When I was 3 until I was 7,we lived in downtown Charleston.We'd go to my grandparents house,after church,every week.There was a car dealer: Dick Flick Chevrolet.I still remember my mother laughing.

Another time I was visiting my family,reading the birth announcements.There was a baby born...the last name was Sicko.

I went to visit a friend..she had a friend his name was Enos.My son embarrassed the hell out of me...said hey your name rhymes with penis...I said something to my son....Enos says..Mam,I have heard it all....my friend said her oldest son called Enos ...Anus when they first moved in,

Here in the Netherlands there is an eye-doctor (don’t know the official word) with the name I.C. Notting. 

On 7/8/2018 at 10:16 AM, tabitha2 said:

On the opposite end I would love to have a last name like Dancer or Spice or Rose :)

Anytime I see the last name Dancer, all I can think of is the character Private Dancer from Scrubs.

I went to graduate school with a girl whose last name was Beam. Her research involved, you guessed it, lasers.

I had a gynecologist named Dr. Hung. I told her she should have gone into urology. 

And I have to say that my favorite wedding announcement I ever saw in the New York Times was for a political scientist by the name of McDoom. Dr. Omar McDoom. Dr. McDoom. I feel like if you have that last name, you're basically obligated to get a doctorate. And be a Scottish supervillain. 

On July 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Cheetah said:

I can't imagine having the name Richard and choosing to use the nickname 'Dick' still.  I mean, I know men who go by Dick.  There's one at my church who isn't THAT old (he's probably around 60).  The others I know are older than that, but ... like... I don't know... if my nickname was an increasingly common synonym for a penis or asshole (the jerk kind), I think I'd switch to Rick or Rich, wouldn't you?   I always feel awkward when I say hi to the guy at church... "hey, Dick, how's it going?"  

I work with an older gentleman who uses the name Dick, which I was massively uncomfortable calling him at first for whatever reason...  Thankfully, he has a second nickname based on his last name- Willy!  Lmao.  It took me like a month to get used to it but now I'm comfortable using either.

for @CarrotCake- the official term for eye doctor is "optometrist"- coming from the root "optical" (aka visual).  As in, Optical Illusion, which is like a trick of the eye.

19 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Here in the Netherlands there is an eye-doctor (don’t know the official word) with the name I.C. Notting. 

My dentist is Dr. Chu

On 7/8/2018 at 11:16 AM, tabitha2 said:

On the opposite end I would love to have a last name like Dancer or Spice or Rose :)

I just watched Curly Sue over the weekend, so that makes me think of Jim Belushi’s character, Bill Dancer.

On the subject of funny last names, we had a substitute teacher at my high school whose name was Mr. Pitts.  Everyone hated him.  Supposedly his middle name was Harry (and I guess he went by his middle name), which contributed to a lot of “Harry Pitts” jokes at my school.  Students spread a whole bunch of ridiculous rumors about him, including one where he supposedly had a wooden leg.  He was basically our version of “Attila the Sub” (that’s a Golden Girls reference; it was a nickname that Dorothy’s students had given her through her career...she remarked, “I loved that name...I earned that name”).

I had a chemistry teacher in high school named Mr. Doctor.  He told us (and I believed him at the time, but now in retrospect I'm pretty sure he was pulling our legs) that his brother Ivan was an optometrist... Dr. I. Doctor, the eye doctor.  

OK, which one of you wags is posting oddball comments on Jeremy's Instagram? : )

image.png.8eeacccb9bdf609be4871d4d996190cb.png

4 minutes ago, xenobia said:

From Duggars official FB-page. "Getting closer to meeting Baby Girl Vuolo!!"

36904428_1327016267432019_7078492324447125504_n.jpg

Jinger looks great, not a fan of the dress, but that's just my taste.

12 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Jinger looks great, not a fan of the dress, but that's just my taste.

I was thinking the same thing... It looks like a 1960s maternity dress! Or possibly the 70's.

I'm just hoping that they are back in Texas and not in Arkansas = having the baby at a hospital vs having it at home with Jill the "midwife". 

Don’t like the dress but I like her new wedges! I was kinda tired of the ones she always wore and was waiting to see her in new ones now that she switched pretty much her whole wardrobe. These are cute!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived