IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

i was thinking after JD there is Jana and the Boy twin in courting age right? So even if Jabbie will take a little longer road that what many think and get married around Christmas, 2019 will be Jana year with her courtship and wedding, plus all the new babies, what will the Duggar do for 2020? i mean usually, the boys start courting around 23, so 2020 will be early for Jed and Jer, will then CO end? or will they found a way to keep it up slowing down the marriage?

The only single Duggars 18 or older right now are:

- Jana (28) who has a January birthdate

- Jer (19) who shares a December birthdate with Jed

- Jed (19) who shares a December birthdate with Jer

- Jason (18) who has an April birthdate

James won’t join the 18+ crowd until July 2019. You’re right that the males tend to start courting later than the females - they have to be able to support a family and that can be difficult to do on one income at 18 (though not impossible of course.) It’s for that reason that I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a bit of a break in courtships after John and Abbie. 

As for what they can fill the show with, I’m sure TLC will find or create something. They’re down two families (the Smuggars and Dills) who could have helped fill time, but they have six other families and an additional four other adults to work with. 

@Alice in FundielandIzzy isn’t on the show anymore. According to Derick and TLC, the Dills haven’t been filmed as regulars since last summer. They do still have Spurgeon, Henry, Gideon, Garrett, and the future spawn of JinJer though. That’s more than enough kids to keep the show rolling for now and it’s only a matter of time before one of the families being filmed announces another pregnancy. 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I don't think even a Duggar would announce a pregnancy at 5 weeks.  But I certainly can see them married by New Year's

A Duggar is reading this exact comment somewhere thinking, “Hold my root beer.” :pb_lol:

But yeah. I don’t recall any of the Duggars announcing as soon as six weeks. Jill’s announcement with Izzy was around 9 or 10 weeks, but I don’t think anyone has announced earlier than that (and they announced the second pregnancy around the end of Jill’s first trimester, so that may end up being their only earlyish announcement.)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh goody. Another Duggar-associate where I could be their mother. This one thankfully isn't as bad as Kendra and Joy... eesh - that makes me feel old.

Very long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'd like to be hopeful about this pairing but I just can't. I feel like we've seen many couples come through over the years and always there's a tiny bit of hope that so-and-so might just be the one to break the mold, be slightly less strict, educate their children, etc, etc. I think I've just given up at this point.  I don't particularly see this couple as being obnoxious as say...DEREK, but I think they'll follow the typical trajectory. They'll just do it quietly. 

Abbie does have a real education (and that honestly is great) but considering she's 26, has had exposure to the real world, and still continues to want to date the Duggar way, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she likes their lifestyle. I could be wrong but I wouldn't bet real cash on it. 

I see her working until babies or at most, until there's just too many babies. 

Good point - she IS willing to "Date the Duggar Way" so... we can't expect more than pants and maybe evenly spaced children.

I never had any hope Joe, Joy, or Si. All their pairings were kind of sad to me because they are all so young. Especially the brides. I had hope with Jill and Jinger though. With Jessa, I was on the fence. I have a tiny bit of hope for JD and Abbie to let their kids get some kind of education past homeschooling. And I’m glad they won’t have to rely on JB for money. 

I wasn't on here when Jill and Derick started courting but I understand people being cautious about this courtship. John David has always done some kind of work, when he had just started his towing business, he was also working a lot of hours at the car lot with Josh. He has went on missions but I don't see him as a full time missionary man. He would most likely though be better at it than Derick and Jill though.

Do I see Abbie always working, probably not, she may decide to stop working when she has her first child. I respect her choice if she does decide to be a stay at home mother. 

I don't see them being far from fundie or fundie light but I am not overly concerned about them either.

Forgive me if this had already been mentioned-I'm still catching up.  This could be the biggest Duggar wedding party to date.  They both have big families and lots of siblings they'd probably include.  Plus JD has been a groomsman in like a million weddings. 

So I meant "to date" as in up to now, but it could also be taken as "to court".   There could be some courtship opportunities for the single Duggar guys (depending on Abbie's sisters' and friends' ages).

I really hope they don't feel the need to include all their siblings in each party. (who am I kidding, they will) I find it kind of sad that Kendra for example had to waste a bunch of slots on Duggar sisters she probably barely knows (like Jinger and Ofwreck) 

21 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The only single Duggars 18 or older right now are:

- Jana (28) who has a January birthdate

- Jer (19) who shares a December birthdate with Jed

- Jed (19) who shares a December birthdate with Jer

- Jason (18) who has an April birthdate

James won’t join the 18+ crowd until July 2019. You’re right that the males tend to start courting later than the females - they have to be able to support a family and that can be difficult to do on one income at 18 (though not impossible of course.) It’s for that reason that I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a bit of a break in courtships after John and Abbie. 

As for what they can fill the show with, I’m sure TLC will find or create something. They’re down two families (the Smuggars and Dills) who could have helped fill time, but they have six other families and an additional four other adults to work with. 

@Alice in FundielandIzzy isn’t on the show anymore. According to Derick and TLC, the Dills haven’t been filmed as regulars since last summer. They do still have Spurgeon, Henry, Gideon, Garrett, and the future spawn of JinJer though. That’s more than enough kids to keep the show rolling for now and it’s only a matter of time before one of the families being filmed announces another pregnancy. 

A Duggar is reading this exact comment somewhere thinking, “Hold my root beer.” :pb_lol:

But yeah. I don’t recall any of the Duggars announcing as soon as six weeks. Jill’s announcement with Izzy was around 9 or 10 weeks, but I don’t think anyone has announced earlier than that (and they announced the second pregnancy around the end of Jill’s first trimester, so that may end up being their only earlyish announcement.)

Thanks for pointing that out about the OfJills. I was just trying to think of grandkids who would be old enough to talk somewhat coherently in the coming year or two. Forgot about the fact that they “quit” “volunteering” for TLC. 

Regarding my comment about John David and Abbie announcing a pregnancy by Christmas, I meant it as an illustration of the extreme opposite of all the dreaming about them having careers and waiting to have children. Sorry to everyone if I didn’t make that clear. 

25 minutes ago, Meggo said:

oh goody. Another Duggar-associate where I could be their mother. This one thankfully isn't as bad as Kendra and Joy... eesh - that makes me feel old.

I'm old enough to be Turd's mom ..eww just eww

If, after the wedding reception (which will feature homemade peach ice cream,but hopefully indoors), JDAbby don't fly off in his plane towing a big banner that says "Just Raptured," I'm going to punch someone.

: ) 

49 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I can see John David doing it--if only as a prank now that it's been mentioned here!

I know there were rumors about Kendra and one of the twins. Maybe the "other" twin will court soon? As long as the Bates keep doing a courtship, wedding, baby per season (more or less) then that's what JimBob will try for.

If Joe or John are building houses on the family compound that could feature in the storyline, too. With lots of "babe" and "I love you" and pda thrown in.

48 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

If Joe or John are building houses on the family compound that could feature in the storyline, too. With lots of "babe" and "I love you" and pda thrown in.

Didn't JD allegedly acquire a  fixer-upper house (not on the  family compound) several years ago--something odd about a bank giving it to him in exchange for some work?

Joe already had grandma's cabin and John has the repo from the bank.  

It may have already been posted but does anyone know where Abbie works? The population for her hometown is ~1500 And Oklahoma City is almost an hour and a half away.

15 minutes ago, sansan said:

It may have already been posted but does anyone know where Abbie works? The population for her hometown is ~1500 And Oklahoma City is almost an hour and a half away.

We don't (and we aren't certain that she actually works at all), but there are various health care entities in the area, including nursing homes.

For example: https://www.mercy.net/newsroom/2017-02-23/new-health-care-provider-in-stratford-helps-keep-care-local/http://cofmc.com/http://www.hospital-data.com/hospitals/QUALITY-HOME-CARE-STRATFORD.html

Also, there are larger towns less than 20 miles away, such as Ada and Paul's Valley.

By the way, here's is Abbie's graduation photo from July 2017: http://www.theadanews.com/news/local_news/ptc-graduates-nursing-students/article_7ff22102-2261-57a4-a589-287c5d16feac.html

You can't tell if she's wearing a scrub skirt or pants in the pics, but it is probably pants.

I wonder if word has got to Kendalyn Staddon yet and If she is wistful. She was young when the ATI hay day rules were still rigid and she was allowed one option.  Never  had the opportunity of Abbie did she?  Daddy might have let her pursue her medical dream now. 

Sorry if this has been said, I’m on page 16 out of 18 and haven’t seen it so far. Abbie may have been friends with his sisters and that how he knew her. He may have only recently started talking to her though. Male and female friendships are discouraged for some reason. I think Jana had been kep single for so long because she said, years ago on 18 or 19 kids and counting that she had to ask god to forgive her because she doesn’t like or want kids. Maybe her parents didn’t want her to marry and not have kids, that would look bad for their brand. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Didn't JD allegedly acquire a  fixer-upper house (not on the  family compound) several years ago--something odd about a bank giving it to him in exchange for some work?

Yes, JD owns a house (it's on the same road where Jill and Derick lived right after they got married). The property has a house appeared to be rented out to a middle aged couple the last time I checked. It also has a building with storage units, current status unknown.

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I wonder if word has got to Kendalyn Staddon yet and If she is wistful. She was young when the ATI hay day rules were still rigid and she was allowed one option.  Never  had the opportunity of Abbie did she?  Daddy might have let her pursue her medical dream now. 

I was just thinking she was due for an announcement soon. Her youngest is almost 18 months old.

To whoever said that there is likely to be a lull here soon in the courtships/weddings, I agree. I am still banking on one of the twins at least here soon, but after that, I think there will be another small baby boom.  Pretty inevitable at this point i guess, and way too predictable unfortunately. 

Duggar Data is asking for sleuths to find out Abbie's DOB, and there are no better sleuths than FJ sleuths so I figured I would put out the call here. 

8 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Duggar Data is asking for sleuths to find out Abbie's DOB, and there are no better sleuths than FJ sleuths so I figured I would put out the call here. 

I checked the notes on the post and it seems someone's already found it: April 16th, 1992.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived