IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

1 hour ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I get the impression that JD shrugs off a lot of the Duggar hang-ups. IMO it isn’t an intentional rebellion, just that he doesn’t see the point of so many rules and restrictions. He just seems like a no-nonsense kind of guy and it is endearing. At least this is the way he is presented on Counting On. I realize his actual personality could be quite different from the image cultivated by television producers.

JD reminds me of a lot of guys from  my neighborhood. They aren't interested in an education so people mistakenly think they're dumb, and usually get jobs in gas works or construction. They tend to have a strong emotional intelligence and are down to earth in a way that makes them easy to talk to/depend on. I feel like JD wouldn't be that out of place if he were plopped into my neighborhood (even though it's is a scary big liberal city). I think that's part of the reason his siblings rely on him in a way they never seemed to rely on Josh.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BernRul said:

JD reminds me of a lot of guys from  my neighborhood. They aren't interested in an education so people mistakenly think they're dumb, and usually get jobs in gas works or construction. They tend to have a strong emotional intelligence and are down to earth in a way that makes them easy to talk to/depend on. I feel like JD wouldn't be that out of place if he were plopped into my neighborhood (even though it's is a scary big liberal city). I think that's part of the reason his siblings rely on him in a way they never seemed to rely on Josh.

I agree my husband is a lot like that

also, I always forgot about josh even before josh gate. JD just seems much more oldest brother like.

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

i was thinking after JD there is Jana and the Boy twin in courting age right? So even if Jabbie will take a little longer road that what many think and get married around Christmas, 2019 will be Jana year with her courtship and wedding, plus all the new babies, what will the Duggar do for 2020? i mean usually, the boys start courting around 23, so 2020 will be early for Jed and Jer, will then CO end? or will they found a way to keep it up slowing down the marriage?

I'd actually like to see a year or two break from courting, so the show can catch up. It's so awkward watching a Duggars announce a courtship on the show when we know the wife has just given birth. At the rate the show is going, we may see a Duggar on their second kid before they've even courted!

16 minutes ago, BernRul said:

I agree my husband is a lot like that

also, I always forgot about josh even before josh gate. JD just seems much more oldest brother like.

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

I'd actually like to see a year or two break from courting, so the show can catch up. It's so awkward watching a Duggars announce a courtship on the show when we know the wife has just given birth. At the rate the show is going, we may see a Duggar on their second kid before they've even courted!

I agree, i think if they did one episode on each adult kid/couple per season and wedding "specials" they could be more up to date andvit might actually be interesting. 

I'm thinking a late October wedding with Zach Bates as the best man. For the show, Joe will serve as best man since Zach can't be shown on TLC. No Josh in the wedding party.

If Abbie is able to be licensed in AR, I think she'll work prn a couple shifts per month once pregnant.

While I definitely think Abbie resembles Jana from say ten years ago, I won't go down the "creepy" route. It seems like there's a generally accepted manner of dress/hair/etc for the daughters and to me it just exaggerates the similarities. It's my hope after these 2nd gen fundies are married a while and start to branch out, the similarities will lessen.

I see there's lots of talk about Abbie as a nurse and if she will continue working after marriage, but how much is she working now? I think it's easy to assume she must be full-time but she could be part time or on-call currently and even pre-JD coming onto the scene. 

32 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

That's probably to do with the fact that Josh got married at 20 and left the house. In September he'll have literally been gone from the day-to-day life of the house for 10 years. When Josh got married JD and Jana were the only other adult children at just 18 years old.  Joe, the next oldest boy, was only 13. This effectively made JD the eldest brother in all but name in terms of responsibility, daily life, etc. and from what anyone on the outside can see he seems to have lived up to it in a way Josh never could.

Depending on whether JD actually does still live in the house (which has been debated) his getting married may have a big impact on the family, but it may not, since that will leave Jer and Jed as the oldest boys still at home (with Josiah marrying shortly, presumably prior to JD), but they'll still be older than all of the other kids left at home besides Jana, who basically does her own thing at the moment.

18 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

If Abbie is able to be licensed in AR, I think she'll work prn a couple shifts per month once pregnant.

I was curious and looked up how she might transfer her license. She has a single-state license in Oklahoma. Per the Arkansas Board of Nursing she might qualify for endorsement which would effectively let her transfer her license. Since she has an active license I presume this would apply to her.

Here are some resources on the topic: 

From the Arkansas Board of Nursing Licensure: https://www.arsbn.org/endorsement 

Who Is Eligible For Endorsement?

RN and LPN graduates of state Board approved schools of nursing who have passed the NCLEX, provided they are otherwise qualified.

RN examination failures: Graduates of Board-approved RN programs holding LPN licensure by examination in other jurisdictions. Provided they are otherwise qualified.

Canadian Registered Nurses licensed by NLN State Board Test Pool Examination in the following provinces during the years indicated: Alberta, 1952-1970; British Columbia, 1949-1970; Manitoba, 1955-1970; Newfoundland, 1961-1970; Nova Scotia, 1955-1970; Prince Edward Island, 1956-1970; Quebec (English language), 1959-1970; Saskatchewan, 1956-1970, provided they are otherwise qualified.

LPTN endorsement applicants from California and Kansas only, provided they are otherwise qualified.

Internationally educated nurses who have graduated from a nursing program in which the curriculum is "substantially similar" to Arkansas nursing programs, have licensure or proof of eligibility for licensure in the country of graduation, and can write, speak, and understand English as verified by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) or other Board approved verifying agency. (exception for English speaking countries, e.g. Canada, Austrailia, England)

Disclaimer:

The ASBN may deny licensure to candidates who have had a license revoked, suspended, or placed on probation and not reinstated in other jurisdictions. The ASBN may also deny licensure to candidates who have been convicted of a crime.

NursingLicensure.org: https://www.nursinglicensure.org/state/nursing-license-arkansas.html

Long time reader, first time poster. 

It's a little intimidating to post here in not my native language but I would like to put forward a different perspective that I have not heard yet: with their skills, flying and nursing,  they could be the perfect couple for their so-called humanitarian overseas mission trips.   I hope I'm wrong.

I knew Josiah would be getting married while I am out of town, but this was completely unexpected!

That being said, I think they are adorable and JD is clearly smitten.

40 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Yes! They are nearly a year behind now which is ridiculous. Once again, I will have to skip the inevitable Siren wedding episode that starts this season because we haven’t even seen the courtship yet. SMH.

13 minutes ago, BlackStockings said:

It's a little intimidating to post here in not my native language but I would like to put forward a different perspective that I have not heard yet: with their skills, flying and nursing,  they could be the perfect couple for their so-called humanitarian overseas mission trips.   I hope I'm wrong.

1. Welcome!

2. We have many posters whose native language isn't English, and your English seems great, so don't worry!

3. You are totally right, and I could totally see this happening. I'm not sure if either of them are interested in missions stuff, but at least if they are they have actual skills and qualifications... unlike Jill and Derick whose only qualifications seemed to be baking banana bread and really really wanting to learn Spanish, and the Bates guys who go and provide dental care using the dentistry skills that were apparently magically bestowed on them by God.

17 minutes ago, BlackStockings said:

The thing is, if they did missions trips with their skills they could actually help!  I'm not saying its sure they would, but the could if they chose to.

18 minutes ago, BlackStockings said:

Welcome! Don't be nervous, 1. everyone is pretty understanding 2. Your English seems wonderful! 3. English is a weird language anyway and sometimes native speakers mess it up too. 

I agree I could see that happening but I don't see JD as the missionary type 

9 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Gravid is the word for pregnant in Swedish. Seems appropriate. 

How is Joy not a Jo-something name? There are eight Duggars that start with Jo: Josh, John, Joseph, Joshia, Joy, Johanna, Jordyn and Josie. The more I think about it the weirder it is JB never got his Julia, Michelle must really hate that name.

I vote Jobbie since they both have jobs and that sadly might be something very rare when it comes to Duggar relationships. 

I also vote Jobbie!

22 minutes ago, BlackStockings said:

Welcome! Thank you for a thoughtful, well articulated 1st post. I think they would be suited to humanitarian mission trips. Such a shame, that our fundies do more the "harass locals for Jesus" instead of hands on, practical good. 

10 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I don't see JD as the missionary type 

Really? He's done several missions with Lawson and Nathan. He's just quiet about it.

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

Really? He's done several missions with Lawson and Nathan. He's just quiet about it.

I guess maybe... he just seems like a good ol boy to me. I don't think of him as a serious misonary type like Jill thought she was

Hmm. Good ole boy. I can see if he was not a Fundie he would be into his hunting, Terrible bro country songs, a cold beer or 3 and working some outdoor blue collar work. 

So tumblr user @duggarbatesfan found Abbie’s birthday. We could really land jobs on the fbi lmao 

(btw this is all public info!)

31F82319-50C6-490B-8C57-4812C64187DD.jpeg

10 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Gravid is the word for pregnant in Swedish. Seems appropriate. 

How is Joy not a Jo-something name? There are eight Duggars that start with Jo: Josh, John, Joseph, Joshia, Joy, Johanna, Jordyn and Josie. The more I think about it the weirder it is JB never got his Julia, Michelle must really hate that name.

I vote Jobbie since they both have jobs and that sadly might be something very rare when it comes to Duggar relationships. 

Isn't Joy actually Joy-Anna?
Which confuses me to no end since there is also a Johannah (which they pronounce as Jo-Hannah) ...

Also it took them ALLLLL the way to the end to use "Jennifer"? Really?

15 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So tumblr user @duggarbatesfan found Abbie’s birthday. We could really land jobs on the fbi lmao 

(btw this is all public info!)

31F82319-50C6-490B-8C57-4812C64187DD.jpeg

Why the hell hasn't Abbie voted since what looks like a primary election in September 2010, 3 months after she became eligible to vote????

Girl, I am totally judging you now. People DIED for your right to vote. Go do it.

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why the hell hasn't Abbie voted since what looks like a primary election in September 2010, 3 months after she became eligible to vote????

Girl, I am totally judging you now. People DIED for your right to vote. Go do it.

Is it even accurate, though? It says she’s voted six times but registered to vote and voted for the last time on the same day. How does that work? Were there six different elections on the same day?

And frankly, while I’m generally all-in on the importance of voting, I would really rather these folks just not vote if it’s between that and voting for psychopaths like Trump or Roy Moore.

22 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I’m glad she hasn’t voted. Because we know the types she would vote for.

21 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Is it even accurate, though? It says she’s voted six times but registered to vote and voted for the last time on the same day. How does that work? Were there six different elections on the same day?

And frankly, while I’m generally all-in on the importance of voting, I would really rather these folks just not vote if it’s between that and voting for psychopaths like Trump or Roy Moore.

It very well may be that each race on the ballot was counted as a separate "election."

I understand the point of view of wanting people who (probably) don't hold your political views to vote, but I don't agree with it.

Why? Because I know that there are lots of people out there who feel the same way about me.

All these discussions about Abbie's nurse potential and her and JD making real use of their skills and certifications reminds me so much of when Jill and OfJill were married - we were all excited that he had a BA from an accredited university, a real job in accounting, real-world experience, and that she was on her way to becoming a midwife. And where are they now?

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived