IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

F*ck it, here I go. Josiah is married. 

Is it only me that thinks Lauren is his beard?

Wow, pretty sure that is none of our business and I am uncomfortable with the topic.  

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, doesn't the "no speculation" rule apply to any kids being supported by their parents? We don't know where SiRen's income comes from, or where they will live - a wedding doesn't change that.

He is who he is. I hope he is able to find peace within himself. 

On 7/1/2018 at 12:29 PM, Rachel333 said:

It looks like it might be a poster, which honestly might be even weirder to me.

I follow Krista on instagram - she explained they were at some kind of Cold War themed(?) museum

Hey, so now that Josiah is married are we free to speculate? 

Wow, I took this a different way! I was thinking, "Let the pregnancy speculation begin!"

On 7/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I can't imagine the stress of going from 0 to 60 in one day.  

It's a very weird way of doing things. I hope they're told that it's ok to go at your own pace.

4 minutes ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

Yeah, doesn't the "no speculation" rule apply to any kids being supported by their parents? We don't know where SiRen's income comes from, or where they will live - a wedding doesn't change that.

The actual phrasing of the rule:

Do NOT post speculation concerning the sexual orientation of any minor children or adult children still living in their parental homes.

I'm starting to think Jana/Anna made the bridesmaids dresses because whatever they had picked out originally arrived and it was bad quality, not as she'd imagined or didn't fit right? Similar to (I think) Jessas bridemaids dresses or even Erin Bates' (where her sister Michael made the dresses from scratch and stayed up multiple nights doing that).

Like Kendra literally just has a baby so they really couldn't have figured out how that would fit until very close to the wedding (and if she had given birth on her due date or even gone late probably even more so!), and with her and Joy presumably breastfeeding the issue of fundie modesty probably made that even harder than ever to accommodate this. 

They look nice though. Typical bridemaids sorts of dresses but I don't think they look to shabby or anything. I honestly thought Joy was Jessa in that photo though!

32 minutes ago, Galbin said:

I really like her dress. It's so timeless and elegant. Plus, I love fit and flares. It's quite similar to my wedding dress actually, except that I had a v-neck and lots of sparkles all over the dress. 

Add a little bling and a deep v in the back and I would have totally worn that dress. 

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Welcome to my daughter's wedding, where this MOB had long hair and wore it down - and my daughter's request. My daughter also had "scraggly hair" according to some of yall. And my son-in-law wore a grey suit with brown shoes. Snark away. :) But you know what? She had a beautiful wedding, everyone loved the food and the music and the toasts and the dancing, and she's happy. That's what matters. 

Edit:  GryffindorDisappointment's stepmother also wore her hair down, and hers is longer than mine.

P.S. This photo contains three Slytherins plus GryffindorDisappointment. 

wed.jpg

You really are sapphire!

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

F*ck it, here I go. Josiah is married. 

Is it only me that thinks Lauren is his beard?

It is not just you. Not at all.  :my_heart: It's one of the things that's always made me worry for him.

I won't question anyone's sexuality until they start stealing pecans.

47 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Wow, pretty sure that is none of our business and I am uncomfortable with the topic.  

We snark on plenty of things that really shouldn't be anyone's business, baby-making habits & fertility for one, and I've seen plenty of speculation that made me uncomfortable. 

I'm just glad someone else brought up the beard thing before I did. :pb_lol:

We snark on plenty of things that really shouldn't be anyone's business, baby-making habits & fertility for one, and I've seen plenty of speculation that made me uncomfortable. 

Baby-making and fertility are core values of the fundies we discuss. They make them public displays. That is why we discuss them.  They also think that the rights of hypothetical fetuses are more important than..... well, everything. So again, babies come up. Hard to escape babies.

On the other hand, they think there are just men and women. And only the two shall meet. Nobody exists outside those parameters. Thinking that way isn’t possible.   It’s verboten.

You (general) an certainly speculate on sexuality of a fundie as per rules. It is not the same thing.  To me the difference between that and almost everything else we snark on is pretty obvious. And I don’t see how flipping the marriage switch makes it ok.

A lot of topics make me uncomfortable. There are several things i will not snark on.

They do read. Their families read. Whatever might be going internally.... How do we help matters by contributing to something so emotional and personal and spiritual?

That’s all. And no, of course, you aren’t the only one to think it. This conversation was inevitable. 

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm just glad someone else brought up the beard thing before I did. :pb_lol:

I saw a Reddit comment "Josiah looks great with a beard" and couldn't tell what they meant...

I've definitely seen a lot of very graphic speculation about couples' exact bedroom practices, which I dislike even if it's just because I really, really don't want to have to picture it. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Finally! Thank you @Kaylo

Joy looks so much like Jessa in that photo! Also she has lost a lot of weight. 

Bridesmaid dresses are kind of meh, giving me toga party vibes. 

This is an excellent step up for Michelle's wedding outfits but her hair, so scraggy. *Heidi Klum voice* It's just so sad looking. 

Joy does look a lot more like Jessa now that she's older, they have the same pointed chin though Jessa has fuller lips and I think Joy has rounder cheekbones. Actually in that pic, with the semi-tan-ish thing going on + dyed dark hair, I think Joy looks a lot like Amy! 

5 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I need assistance double checking my facts.

DRESSES:

Austin: A-line

I’m pretty sure Austin wore a suit. :tw_tongue:

Even after he has 6 kids people will still be going on about his sexuality, proclaiming him miserable, making sexual jokes and reading into every photo just like they still do with David Waller. Par for the course so we just better learn to deal. 

Michelle's actual MOG dress is much better. It says "Sure, I horrifically abused my kids and sold them to reality television, but YAYYYYY WEDDINGS" instead of "I listened to a Ladysmith Black Mambazo album one time". 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Even after he has 6 kids people will still be going on about his sexuality, proclaiming him miserable, making sexual jokes and reading into every photo just like they still do with David Waller. Par for the course so we just better learn to deal. 

That’s the exact kind of comment that perpetuates the stereotypes. We could agree to drop the speculation train. We are condemning them 

We haven’t seen the two of them on camera. Barely.

Heck, why not? Why not extend the rule to “let’s not speculate on anyone’s sexuality.” do we need to speculate? I mean david waller’s thread barely moves. we’ve covered it there. Isn’t he the only other one who this applies to right now? 

Just thoughts. A consensus seems important. We shouldn’t downvote about it every time it comes up.

In the congratulation video Joy really looks a lot as Meechelle, even the voice seems really similar to me. 

7 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

SPOUSES:

Josh: Anna Renee Keller, Interlachen, FL, parents Mike and Suzette, 1 of 8 siblings 

VENUE:

Josh/Anna: Buford Grove Baptist, Hilliard, FL

Kinda off topic...
Does anyone remember why Josh and Anna were married roughly 100 miles from her home in Interlachen?  Seems inconvenient for all concerned.

So glad that Michelle's dress was something she changed into at home.  The red and white number looks very much like a mumu that Mom puts on when I take her to the doctor.  ;)  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived