IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

11 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Now that I've seen a clear picture of the dress, I have to say I like it! It's not something I would wear but it's a nice fit for her. I don't think the veil really goes with it though, but hey, if homegirl wanted a long-ass veil regardless of the dress, more power to her.

I think she was going for the simple dress-dramatic veil look a la Meghan Markle. Personally, I like that. I loooove long veils!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do feel Josiah is like Jinger in that he is more sensitive than his siblings and would like to see and engage the world. (In a still very conservative Christian way of course.) I do believe these children are "broken" on some level. I think Joy, Jinger, and Josiah may been given extra breaking. Fundamentalism is hard on everyone, yes. It can be permantly scarring, even years later. As a sensitive person raised fundagelical, my heart goes out especially to those like Josiah. 

20 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Now that I've seen a clear picture of the dress, I have to say I like it! It's not something I would wear but it's a nice fit for her. I don't think the veil really goes with it though, but hey, if homegirl wanted a long-ass veil regardless of the dress, more power to her.

I really like it, and like the whole look. I like Meghan Markle’s look too. It’s not one that would suit me, but I can definitely see that styling on a couple of my girls.

The very, very simple dress combined with the elaborate long veil is kind of stunning - and keeps either piece from looking too extreme. Don’t know if I’m putting that right - but It’s kind of cool, to me. 

It really is interesting to see how the fundie brides incorporate different trends.

The shape of Lauren's dress makes me happy. I love a mermaid/trumpet/sheath shape.

After having finaly see a clear picture i have to say that I like the veil but the dress is really to simple for me. I would like to see something on it, even just a sparkingl shees or something 

I’m obsessed with the dress. I love it. I liked it in the first photo, but now that I can see the entire thing, I really love it. I love the veil, too.

I agree with whoever said that it is reminiscent of Anna’s dress, and I know I’m in the minority about Anna’s dress, but I thought her dress was okay. A little too white, not perfectly sewn or fitted, but the overall classic look and attempt was okay for me. Much better than a modesty Frankendress. 

I also like Josiah’s suit. Not sure how I feel about black ties outside of funerals, but overall, I like it. I like the flowers and the colors of the wedding, too. I wonder if they intentionally steered away from anything childish, colorful, or whimsical because of her age. Or if they stayed clear of pastels because Josiah got criticized for wearing pastels in the past? Which is ridiculous if they felt they had to do that.

I think he looks quite happy in the other pictures. Nothing gives me the impression that he is unhappy. There is just one photo where he looks kind of serious and tired. 

Haven't seen the video though.

They will be very similar to JoKen I suppose. Slightly under the radar but Fundie as they come.

10 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I’m obsessed with the dress. I love it. I liked it in the first photo, but now that I can see the entire thing, I really love it. I love the veil, too.

I agree with whoever said that it is reminiscent of Anna’s dress, and I know I’m in the minority about Anna’s dress, but I thought her dress was okay. A little too white, not perfectly sewn or fitted, but the overall classic look and attempt was okay for me. Much better than a modesty Frankendress. 

I also like Josiah’s suit. Not sure how I feel about black ties outside of funerals, but overall, I like it. I like the flowers and the colors of the wedding, too. I wonder if they intentionally steered away from anything childish, colorful, or whimsical because of her age. Or if they stayed clear of pastels because Josiah got criticized for wearing pastels in the past? Which is ridiculous if they felt they had to do that.

I like the dress a lot too. I also like MM's dress. I have never been one for fluffy, lacy wedding dresses so maybe that is why these two appeal to me. The only thing she needed was something done with her hair. My gosh pull it back somehow. I liked how Jinger had worn hers. 

3 hours ago, Californiacicle said:

I suppose I had "fundie" wedding hair for my second wedding in 2007. At the time I told my hairdresser I wanted it to be French bordelo, LOL. So not quite so fundie ;) I loved it hard! It was a drastic departure from my first wedding hairstyle of a severe updo in 1995 (as was my dress).

1934101_1035144714658_5757_n.jpg

wedding1.png

Both are very pretty!

I think the dress is very flattering for her and it fits quite well. Not my personal taste, but she looks great and I love that it even slightly hugs her figure.

Josiah definitely seems much happier in those other photos.

I like the dress it suits her,  just like Kendra's suited her. What I really like is that is a real dress in the sense that it is not some mishmash pieced together to be modest enough.

As someone who doesn't like tight clothing anyway, I've always thought that mermaid dresses look very difficult to walk in. 

I know we've talked about wanting to see the bridesmaids' dresses, which I do, but I'm also eager to see Michelle's Mother of the groom dress. Is she recycling one or did she get a new one?

I’m in the love category for the simple dress and stunning veil, but that’s my style.  Also, I love the black tie on Si, but black is my aesthetic so...

Also, I’ve found it interesting how little discussed their wedding has been compared to the others. With each passing kid getting married, it’s like FJ loses a little bit of interest. SSDD. 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:22 PM, JillyO said:

The issue I have with Jana and Anna sewing her bridesmaid dresses is that they were literally raised to put themselves last (remember that weird "JOY" thing that Mee-chelle kept repeating on 19kac). They're not taught to say no when they really don't want to do something. So this is very different from me asking my hypothetical friend if she would want to sew my bridesmaid dresses and and her saying "You know what, JillyO, I would love to help you out but I don't think I have the time right now." I literally can't imagine a scenario where Jana would say "Thanks for asking, Lauren, but I'm too busy with my garden and raising my parents' kids right now. Sorry!"

None of this is Lauren's fault, of course. But it just shows another facet of their fucked-up lifestyle imho.

As an escapee from fundyville, i can say that this attitude is 100% true.  I feel like I've really recovered from 99% of the vile crap that was thrown at me from that time.  The 1% is this putting everyone else first.  This is soooo ingrained that I will probably never be over that.  I can be such a doormat sometimes.  I left in my late 20s, and  at at nearly 50 I still struggle saying no to helping anyone.

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

The shape of Lauren's dress makes me happy. I love a mermaid/trumpet/sheath shape.

I really like the shape of the dress. However I would absolutely love it if the top was more of an off the shoulder dress. So a wider neckline to show a little collar bone and less sleeve. Then it would be perfection in my opinion. A neckline similar to this:

F4DFC6DF-48D8-4CFD-A5C9-FEE6F7DC1DCB.jpeg

21 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I've only been a child bridesmaid for cousins in big Greek weddings in the 80's. The first one was gross peachy brown silk dupion with cream roses stitched all over. Her sister's wedding was shiny baby pink and had white roses. Both were big, poufy princess style things,

The "worst" wedding I was in was held on Valentines Day 1987. Of course, the colors were red and white. We had to wear these awful puffy 80s sleeved taffeta dresses that were half red, half white. The gown/skirt portion was red, the bodice was half red, half white and one puffy sleeve red, one white.   The brides's mom made the bridesmaid bouquets which consisted of red and white cheap "silk" flowers pasted onto an oversized styrofoam heart with a handle. We looked like were were carrying a large box of generic, dollar store valentines day chocolates down the aisle.   It was a sight to see. 

The kicker -- couple divorced 6 months later. 

7 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

The "worst" wedding I was in was held on Valentines Day 1987. Of course, the colors were red and white. We had to wear these awful puffy 80s sleeved taffeta dresses that were half red, half white. The gown/skirt portion was red, the bodice was half red, half white and one puffy sleeve red, one white.   The brides's mom made the bridesmaid bouquets which consisted of red and white cheap "silk" flowers pasted onto an oversized styrofoam heart with a handle. We looked like were were carrying a large box of generic, dollar store valentines day chocolates down the aisle.   It was a sight to see. 

The kicker -- couple divorced 6 months later. 

I wish you had pictures you could post. I'd love to see that. 

My first wedding was teal and looking back, the dresses were not bad for the time period. When my cousin got married the same year, we bought black velvet dresses (the wedding was in late November) off the rack at Marshall Field's. They were really nice dresses and could be used again unlike most bridesmaid's dresses. My other cousin got married that year (popular year) and the dresses were simple but ugly. 

Who took care of the M kids while Jana and Anna were sewing the blush bridesmaid's dresses? the Lost Girls?

Also:

image.png.7a2db232a5d33910aefa18d9b0c5c6f3.png

1 hour ago, PurpleCats said:

Also, I’ve found it interesting how little discussed their wedding has been compared to the others. With each passing kid getting married, it’s like FJ loses a little bit of interest. SSDD. 

It's because they're all exactly the same: big church wedding, modest dress, some stupid prank, first kiss, quick dessert reception the married couple escapes, after party at the Duggar house, video where they recite the same lines as before. It gets boring, the most we all have to look forward to is the dress style. It'd be interesting if any of them did something different - outdoor ceremony, less than 100 guests, reception with hot meal, etc.. They're all starting to look identical the more weddings they perform.

I think there will be more discussion once we get more pictures + we get to see it on video. Right now there’s not much to talk about. Also, Their friends are being more quiet everytime. We used to get a lot more pics and videos from them on previous weddings but maybe they’ve been asked to be even more quiet so that we don’t get many details before they air it. 

32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Who took care of the M kids while Jana and Anna were sewing the blush bridesmaid's dresses? the Lost Girls?

Also:

image.png.7a2db232a5d33910aefa18d9b0c5c6f3.png

LOL First thing I thought of when they said the colour was blush!

Why is everyone assuming Lauren practically forced Jana and Anna to make the bridesmaids dresses by asking them and knowing they wouldn’t be able to say no?

She is raised in the same cult, she also puts others before herself and she is new to the family. I doubt she would ask them for such a huge favour. Michelle or JB might have asked them. Or TLC for a plot. But it feels mean to just assume Lauren is a bitch. A girl with screwed up hateful beliefs that hates gays and abortions, sure. A demanding bitch to new inlaws that share all those beliefs, doubtful. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived