IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

Those other pics isn't putting my concerns to rest. She seems happy, he doesn't. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/1/2018 at 12:33 PM, tabitha2 said:

According to this forum it’s already been decided Lauren is an arranged marriage vapid clingy badly dressed  Jill/Anna Clone who dosen’t know how to brush her hair/wear makeup  and will absolutely  Make Josiah  miserable. Did I miss anything?

I hope this young girl isn't reading here.  

Ya know, I didn't say any of the other stuff except Lauren seems like of a mix between Anna and Jill... and I won't apologize for that or retract it. Lauren totally reminds me of those two ladies combined. Her smile reminds me of Jill, she physically resembles Anna, and she clings to Josiah the same way Anna does to Josh & Jill does to Derick. She also speaks in that same baby voice. So you can twist my words and their meaning all you like, but what I said is no different than people commenting in the JD/Abbie thread that "Abbie looks more like Jana than even Jana looks like Jana!"

People have opinions; I have mine and everyone else has theirs. Sorry you don't approve. 

Where are these damn bridal party photos? I'm on the verge of a laundry room meltdown here. While we wait here's a couple photos from the first disaster wedding. Those side panel ruffles, giant sleeves and bizarre length are so fetching.

Note also the giant candles we were forced to carry while ancient priests marched us around an altar chanting in Greek for what was possibly hours. There was no wedding rehearsal so I was incredibly confused. 

Wow, @SongRed7 that sounds incredibly bad, who would split the dresses up like that and not just have alternating ones instead?! Kind of want to see the tacky heart flowers!

@louisa05 I see your flower crown and I raise you the below skull-scraping floral "item".

18-07-02-23-32-02-931_deco.jpg

18-07-02-23-34-14-184_deco.jpg

Spoiler

18-07-02-23-51-44-427_deco.jpg

22 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

This brings up a very good question - what do you do with all the photos when the marriage ends ????

He He...One of the very best pictures ever taken of me was at my first wedding. When I got married to my keeper-husband (26 years this year) he told me to keep it. He loves it. We even have it hanging in our family gallery!

Princess Diana got married in 1983. Go look at her dress, it may explain the 80s puffed sleeve craze.

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

Why is everyone assuming Lauren practically forced Jana and Anna to make the bridesmaids dresses by asking them and knowing they wouldn’t be able to say no?

She is raised in the same cult, she also puts others before herself and she is new to the family. I doubt she would ask them for such a huge favour. Michelle or JB might have asked them. Or TLC for a plot. But it feels mean to just assume Lauren is a bitch. A girl with screwed up hateful beliefs that hates gays and abortions, sure. A demanding bitch to new inlaws that share all those beliefs, doubtful. 

I can just see Michelle saying, "Oh, Jana and Anna would love to make your bridesmaids dresses."  Then going home, calling for Jana, and Jana appears with a tape measure around her neck since she just knows.

I think they could have volunteered themselves.  If you are a hard-to-say-no personality it usually hard not to volunteer.  I know from my own life experience.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Partial wedding program:

And @Jug Band Baby Lauren turned 19 last month, not 18.

Milagro? 

Whoever came up with the idea, having the "spinster" and the lady whose husband pays to cheat on her sew eight outfits for a wedding is kinda rough!

16 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

I think they could have volunteered themselves.  If you are a hard-to-say-no personality it usually hard not to volunteer.  I know from my own life experience.

Is it really volunteering if done out of a sense of obligation?  Or is it a way of feeling at least some control when there's really none?  If you're going to end up doing something one way or another anyway, at least you get to choose when it's going to start.  Sad way of looking at it, but I really don't see either are truly voluteering.

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Whoever came up with the idea, having the "spinster" and the lady whose husband pays to cheat on her sew eight outfits for a wedding is kinda rough!

I am completely jealous that I did not come up with this absolutely correct statement!!

On 7/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

J.O.Y was also a part of my childhood.

I was raised with O.Y. My parents are secular liberals but still raised us with the concept of putting ourselves last. My mom's mantra was "always think about how you could be helping or contributing to the household." 

5 minutes ago, TatertotAsserole said:

I was raised with O.Y. My parents are secular liberals but still raised us with the concept of putting ourselves last. My mom's mantra was "always think about how you could be helping or contributing to the household." 

Yep. Except mine was how could you be helping this or that environmental cause / boycott / campaign / making the world a better place. For awhile, then they got sucked into their own drama and I was free to pursue completely inappropriate and hedonistic pursuits. Ah ...the 70’s. Interesting times. :fire-nanner:

My internet-ting has devolved to awaiting (a) photos of the SiRen bridesmaid dress and (b) trash Talk TV’s recap of the most recent episode of Real Housewives of NYC. 

HOW the mighty has fallen. To think I used to research, argue, catch up on my reading.....

Ah well.  Once I see one or the other of the above, I’m going on a www fast. 

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Ouch. That really drove the scandal home for me. It’s not like Josh cheated on a whim. Josh paid an advance guarantee to cheat. I always forget that. Ouch. 

From Duggars.tumblr, this is Lauren's sister Lily in a bridesmaid dress.

tumblr_pb9icagwzJ1uipssao1_500.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Wow, that bridesmaid dress doesn't look like it would be particularly easy to sew! 

Unless by 'sew' they mean 'altered'.

All that pleating looks time-consuming, but lovely. Still have to see the full dress to know for sure. I’m hoping for a somewhat poofy, just Duggar-acceptable knee length and no faux slips, pretty please? 

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

From Duggars.tumblr, this is Lauren's sister Lily in a bridesmaid dress.

tumblr_pb9icagwzJ1uipssao1_500.jpg

It's a less sheer version of  Liesl VonTrapp in the "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" number. 

1 hour ago, TatertotAsserole said:

It's a less sheer version of  Liesl VonTrapp in the "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" number. 

That Liesl.  Such a vixen. 

1 hour ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Wow, that bridesmaid dress doesn't look like it would be particularly easy to sew! 

Well, it’s not like JanAnna had to work on them after they got off their 9-hour workday or on 3-day weekends off from work. Snark-heh!

I sew only occasionally and can’t figure out how the neckline is constructed. But beyond the pleats/gathering there and the waistband, it could be a fairly easy pattern: once you’ve gathered all that material into the neckline, attach the tulip sleeves and then sew up the side seams.  

Presto dress-toe, they might not even have needed zippers!  

Sew the back seam leaving 3 or 4 inches at the neckline with a hook & eye closure or a button and loop. Drop the dress over your head, button the neckline, wrap the sash around your waist and you’re ready to precede your sister down the aisle in Gilead.

So now I know. This is me, taking a break. I’ve given up on the other thing I’ve been waiting for.

Poor SiRen.

Just caught up to the thread. Lauren’s dress seems simple yet beautiful. She seems to be an typical super young woman’s talking about an excited event. Unfortunately for Josiah there will be no slowing down (especially when he becomes a father). No matter what he finds out in getting to know her that first year this is who he’s spending his life with. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived